15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, February 1996
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Our Government's Dirty Little Secret
by John H. Webster
http://www.vikora.com/CWS/jwebster/
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDon't bother asking your congressman, your mayor, the police, or your city newspaper.  They know it but they are the ones that are actively hiding it from you.  They have too much invested in the status quo to tell you the truth.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageInstead, ask the survivors of the Waco Siege;  ask Randy Weaver or the widow of Donald Scott.  Ask anyone whose life has been destroyed or whose family has been forever torn apart by an anonymous tip and overzealous police.  Or you could ask me about my personal experience.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat we will tell you is that today in the United States, individuals no longer have any rights at all.  Our Bill of Rights is now little more than a historical artifact;  the remnants of an experiment long ended.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat we have left is a supposedly "benevolent" police state enforcing laws of political correctness.  Today judges look the other way when police falsify evidence to get the "bad" guys.  Today undercover police use active entrapment to efficiently catch the potential criminal for violating thought crimes supposedly before he would break the law on his own and do real damage.  Today, the public defender's real job is to get you to accept a plea bargain and to make you feel good about it even though you are innocent.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTechnically, the Bill of Rights and our other Federal and State constitutional "protections" are still there but the federal, state and local law enforcement agencies can simply use procedure that circumvents them.  For example, by working with a Federal crime task force the local police can use the Feds to get around certain State laws designed to protect the innocent — The Federal agency being immune to State law.  The Feds might hold on to evidence that the police don't want to reveal in response to the defendants motion of discovery in a State court.  Furthering "Justice" through the hiding of evidence, interesting concept.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnother trick of police is the use of a "Confidential Informant".  This concept was supposedly created to allow the sealing of court documents that contain the name of an informant whose life would be placed in danger if his identity came out in court.  It later was expanded to allow the details of any "ongoing investigation" to remain hidden.  Today, it is used to hide all kinds of illegal police activity that they don't want the public to know about.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFor example, when the police want authorization for a search warrant, wire tap, or arrest warrant they simply make up a fictitious reason, include the name of the "confidential informant" (who really is just another police officer) who supplied the information, then get a sympathetic judge to seal it.  The warrant is authorized yet the lies in the document will never see the light of day, much less ever be questioned.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOne of the most powerful tools of our police in their "War against Crime" is the ability to alter evidence and get away with it.  If the police "know" that a person is guilty but don't have the evidence, instead of letting him go free they would much rather manufacture the needed evidence.  The "Justice" system looks at the police officer who does this as simply "Creatively doing his job".
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnd finally, the keystone that allows all of these blatant violations of our rights to go on unchecked, the infamous plea bargain.  Imagine yourself, the victim of an illegal police entrapment scam, arrested for committing thought crimes.  As a defendant you have been denied a reasonable bail and kept in jail because the charges are so heinous (you are considered a threat to society) and you would most likely flee.  You have been kept in jail now for almost a year waiting for your trial, what with various motions and extensions of time on advice from your public defender.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNow comes the moment of truth, if you went to trial you would be facing over ten years in prison;  or you could accept a plea bargain and be home tonight (somehow you would no longer be a threat to society, I guess).  You know you're innocent but you also know the police have fabricated evidence and lied under oath and you don't know whether or not you can prove it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOur "Justice" system depends on the defendant accepting the plea bargain, not just to prevent a flood of defendants going to trial, but to allow the violations of the rights of the defendants to be covered up.  With the acceptance of the plea bargain the defendant looses his rights of "Discovery", the sealed documents can remain hidden, the police can hold onto and eventually destroy altered evidence, and the unconstitutional laws and procedure used to catch the "criminal" of thought crimes can remain untested in higher court.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnd most important, the police and our "Justice" system can show off their high conviction rate to the public making it easier for the police to get those additional laws in place that would give them still more power to better enact their form of "Justice".10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

If you started eliminating laws purely at random, you'd have about a 99% chance of improving things.
— December 13, 1978, Milam's Notes
Frontiersman, 435 South White Road
February 1996, Page 1

Social Security Options
by Dante DeAmicis
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere's been a lot of talk about who is in favor of saving and who is in favor of destroying Social Security.  Let's review the options.
1. Declare it bankrupt and let workers put that money in government approved private plans.  Those receiving payments now can sop up the crumbs 'til it's gone.
2. Save it, which means something like increasing the combined payroll deductions from around 15% now to 20%, increasing the retirement age to 70, and decreasing the benefits with no cost of living allowances.
3. Give everyone exactly what they put into it, which is for most people much less than they were promised.  Those who have already pulled out more would not have to pay back the difference.  Even this would require a huge transfer from the General Fund.
4. Pretend that those who are sounding the alarm of impending disaster don't know what they are talking about and we can more or less go on like we are forever.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt appears that the overwhelming majority of people prefer number 4.  Reality is not an option for most people.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDante presents some interesting options.  I can suggest some additional alternatives.  For example, a variation on his option 1 is that there's no reason why private plans need to be approved by the government.  There are endless variations on option 2.  Option 3 might be modified by requiring people to repay excess disbursements.  Another option, not mentioned by Dante, is to leave Social Security in operation in its present configuration with the exception that participation would be voluntary.  I'm sure that some of my readers can think of other options.

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn June of 1984, I terminated my Social Security number.  Today, I do not participated in activities that require one.
— editor

Thoughtcrime
by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen I was a child, one of my elementary school teachers explained the legal difference between thought and action.  No punishment, she explained, could be administered for merely talking about something, however heinous the contemplated action.  Only when some harm was actually done to someone was there a cause of action.  Until then, she explained, anyone could say, advocate, or plan anything.  Verbal activities, in and of themselves, cause no harm and are therefore not actionable.  I don't remember the date for sure, but I received this instruction sometime during the early or middle 50's, in Bexar County, Texas.  During that same era, I sang along with the lines of a popular song of the time:  "You can't go to jail for what you're thinking, matter of fact, neither can I!  Just standing on the corner, watching all the girls go by."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageToday, things are fundamentally different.  Today, the police in Pacific Grove, California, arrested a group of alleged conspirators for planning to rob a McDonald's restaurant.1  No harm had yet been done.  No money had yet been taken.  They had merely planned it.  Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman was recently condemned to life in prison for plotting to destroy various buildings, bridges, and tunnels.2  He didn't do it.  He merely planned it.  This reveals a fundamental change in the nature of government.  It isn't a change in degree but a change in kind.  Today, the space between your ears is no longer your own.  Today, you can indeed go to jail for what you're thinking.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
 ^ 
As reported by KSBW Action News 8;  Salinas, California;  6:00 PM edition, Wednesday, January 10, 1996
 ^ 
ITN World News, Thursday, January 18, 1996.  Also see the article Criminal Procedure in the March, 1995 issue of the Frontiersman.

Flat Tax Proposal
Virus
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAre you tired of receiving all that junk mail?  Here's a way to solve the problem and get just a little satisfaction at the same time.  This idea is one of those rare instances when you can truly "use the system against itself".
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen you receive junk mail from Company A, save it.  When you receive junk mail from Company B, it's time for action.  Go find the Company A junk mail and open both sets.  Find the return card from each one.  If there's no return card, use your address label from the envelope.  In either case, mark a change of address for each company.  On the blurb from Company A, change your address to the address of Company B.  On the blurb for company B, change your address to the address of company A.  Mail the changes of address.  From then on, Company A will send your junk mail to Company B, and vice versa.  This is, in effect, a junk mail virus.  Every time one of the companies sells its mailing list the virus will reproduce.  The junk mail advertising system has no antibodies against the virus.  Consider:  mail at each company is received by some clerk who will find it much easier to simply trash the unwanted stuff than to send a notice cancelling it.  Your phoney addresses will multiply and circulate for all time to come, or at least until the companies go broke from sending useless junk mail to each other.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
February 1996, Page 2

NannerToonSecond Amendment, Second Thoughts
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
— Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAccording to the Second Amendment, the purpose of keeping and bearing arms is provide for a well-regulated militia.  The purpose of this well-regulated militia is to defend the security of a "free State", whatever that is.  A militia defending the state is very different from an individual defending himself, his property, or his liberty.Page 3 BoxIn fact, governments generally regard armed individuals as a threat to the security of the state (free or otherwise).  Thus from the point of view of government, any construction of the Second Amendment which allows just anybody be armed is inherently self-contradictory.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe amendment also provides that armed people can be regulated as a militia.  The use of the word regulated in the amendment, in and of itself, ought to have caused the amendment to be rejected in it's entirety.  Regulation is fatal to any right.  The use of the word in the Bill of Rights is repugnant to the concept of rights.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWith regard to militias, the word is one of those with a long and checkered past.  It has many meanings.  One in particular seems apropos to constitutional matters in America.
militia ....  2.  In the United States, the entire body of citizens liable to be called upon to do military duty ....
— Webster's Universal Dictionary of the English Language [1910]
Using this definition, only draft-aged people who are citizens, who are in good health, who aren't homosexual, who don't have a drug problem, and who've registered for the draft have a right to be armed.  If women aren't subject to the draft, then only men can be armed.  A different definition, of which there are several, will indicate a right to bear arms for a different group of people.  Even with the 1910 Webster definition, a different meaning of citizens, or of military duty, or of called upon will protect the right to keep and bear arms for a different group of people.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe well-regulated militia provision of this amendment defeats the alleged right in another way.  There is no mention of who will regulate the militia, and thereby the keeping and bearing of arms.  There is no definition of what constitutes necessary and sufficient regulation.  Ultimately, the government does the regulating and the government decides how to do it.  No wonder US citizens have been disarmed.  The most generous assessment of this amendment reveals it to be self-contradictory.  A more practical assessment makes it seem a lot more like a complete joke.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe only way to have a right is to exercise it.  Merely "demanding" it is a waste of breath.  If Americans want the right to bear arms, then they must end their pathetic reliance upon a flimsy guarantee written upon an even more flimsy piece of paper.  Instead, they must carry guns around with them.  Whether or not they can get away with it is a pretty good test for the existence of the right.  That is, if Americans are not permitted by government to carry weapons whenever and wherever they choose, then the right is gone.  In that case, it's time for Americans to make a tough decision.  Either they must be content with a gun privilege, regulated by government, or they must begin whatever measures are necessary and proper to reclaim the right.  Neither choice is very appealing.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
What's the best thing that I can do to keep a husband happy?

—Hopeful Young Lady
Dear Hopeful Young Lady
Yours, or somebody else's?
February 1996, Page 3

Frontiersman 
435 South White Road 
San Jose, California  95127 
Produced at Mere Keep

Enlightenment isn't a destination.
It's a Journey.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
(Author unknown — Contributed by Nancy Milam)
SECTION I — IDENTIFICATION
ELEMENT: Woman
SYMBOL: WO2
DISCOVERER: Adam.
ATOMIC MASS: Accepted as 118 Lbs., but known to vary from 110 to 550.
OCCURRENCE: Copious quantities in all urban areas.
SECTION II — PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
Surface usually covered with a painted film
Boils at nothing;  freezes without reason
Melts if given special treatment
Bitter if incorrectly used
Found in various states, ranging from virgin metal to common ore
Yields to pressure applied to correct points
SECTION III — CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
Has a great affinity for gold, silver, platinum, and precious stones
Absorbs great quantities of expensive substances
May explode spontaneously without prior warning and for no known reason
Insoluble in liquids but activity greatly increased by saturation in alcohol
Most powerful money-reducing agent known to man
SECTION IV — COMMON USES
Highly ornamental, especially in sports cars
Can be a great aid to relaxation
SECTION V — SCIENTIFIC TESTING
Pure specimen turns rosy pink when discovered in the natural state
Turns green when placed beside a better specimen
SECTION VI — HAZARDOUS PROPERTIES
Highly dangerous except in experienced hands
Illegal to possess more than one
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePermission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other publications.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash and postage stamps.  I don't accept checks, money orders, anything that will smell bad by the time it arrives, or anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor
February 1996, Page 4

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue