15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, November 1998
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Abandon the Vapor Standard
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMany years ago, while studying with the Constitutional Patriots, I was told by a friend in that movement that many of our problems would be solved if we'd stop using paper money.  I responded that I didn't care what we used for money, just so long as it worked.  He then proceeded to explained how paper money doesn't work very well.  I considered his arguments and then recalled the characteristics of good money, as taught to me by my father.  I also recalled Gresham's Law, as quoted to me by my father.  After some consideration, I decided that my friend was correct and that I needed to change my position regarding money.  Since then I've advocated the gold standard.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePeople sometimes object to the gold standard by claiming that there just isn't enough gold in the world to provide enough money for all of the transactions that must be conducted.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageConsider a story that was told to me by my father.  It went something like this.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA man was in a bar, borrowing $100 from the bartender, who was a close friend.  Just as the bartender handed him the cash, two newcomers walked in the door.  One of the newcomers saw the $100 in the hand of the borrower and grabbed it, saying, "Hey!  That's the $100 you owe me!  Now we're even!"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe second newcomer grabbed the $100 from the first newcomer and said, "Yah, and that's the $100 that you owe me!  Now we're even!"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe original borrower recognized the second newcomer as a man who owed him money, and grabbed the $100 back, saying, "And that's the $100 that you owe to me!  Now we're all even!"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe borrower then turned to the bartender and said, "Well, I needed this money to pay off a debt to this man who just grabbed it from me, but that debt's paid now.  I don't need to keep the money, so I'll pay back the loan I just arranged with you."  He handed the $100 back to the bartender.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThus the same $100 paid $400 in debts as it circulated from hand to hand.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe point that I'm trying to make is that the value of the gold in the world doesn't need to exceed, or even to equal, the value of the transactions to be conducted in gold.  The same piece of gold can accommodate a total value of transactions many times its own value as it passes from hand to hand.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere's an additional reason why the amount of gold in the world is adequate.  The value of anything will, if allowed to do so, adjust itself according to the amount of it available in comparison to the need for it.  If gold becomes too scarce, its value will increase as much as is necessary to insure that there is a sufficient value in gold available.  If this doesn't happen, it isn't because of a lack of gold but because of an excess of regulation of its value.  There isn't a deficiency of gold in the world today.  There never has been.  By definition, there is enough gold.  There is an excess of regulation of its value.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI recently recognized an implication of my argument that hadn't previously occurred to me.  Governments must stop stamping the value on the coins.  The coins must not show a declared value in dollars (for example), but only a statement of weight and content.  The value of coins must be determined not by the government that minted them, but by their availability compared to the need for them.  Transactions should not be conducted in dollars (for example), but in ounces or in grams.  The value of such coins will be more stable than the value of the "money" in use today and less vulnerable to malicious manipulation.  Such coins will be entirely capable of acquiring any value that is appropriate to the availability of the coins compared to the need for them.  They will be truly global money, immune to tampering by politicians, bankers, economists, or other thieves.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
Also see The Pharos Connection at http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
November 1998
Page 1 

Privacy Act
Sam Aurelius Milam III
act ....  6.  A manifestation of intentional or unintentional insincerity ....
— The American Heritage Dictionary
of the English Language
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWe recently received from the Post Office a form titled "Rural Customer Delivery Instructions", PS Form 4232, October 1992.  The form contained, among other things, the following instruction: "To avoid delay and to assure prompt delivery of all mail, please complete this form and return it to your carrier.  Enter the name of each person who may receive mail at your address in the ten spaces provided below.  Include the names of all children and/or employees.  Print the full name, including middle initial, of each individual ...."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere's no reason why a name should be necessary to make a delivery.  The address is sufficient.  To claim that a name will improve service is patently ridiculous.  Am I to believe that if I neglect to include "Resident" and "Occupant" then they'll stop delivering all that junk mail?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA statement on the reverse side of the form sheds light on the real reason for the form.  The statement is euphemistically called "Privacy Act Statement".  Embedded within the statement is the following:  "... As a routine use, this information may be disclosed to an appropriate law enforcement agency for investigation or prosecution proceedings ...."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere you have it.  The Post Office doesn't need a name to deliver the mail.  The government does need a name to keep track of you.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Jurisdiction In Loco Parentis
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere are many points of confusion in the debate about rights.  One of the most widespread is the theory of equal rights.  There's no reason why everybody ought to have the same rights.  Even one exception to "equal rights" will disprove the theory, and there's a good exception available.  It has long been recognized that children do not have the same rights as adults.  If an entire group of human beings can be set apart, for any reason, then that proves that there can be exceptions to equal rights.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt happens, however, that children do not have any rights at all.  This is a result of county government.  If you ask at any county "family court" you'll be assured that the county has jurisdiction over all children within its boundaries.  Notice that county courts will grant "custody" of children to parents.  Custody is the control that you have over something that you don't own, but which you possess at the pleasure of the party having ownership.  Parents do not have jurisdiction over their children.  They have custody.  The county has jurisdiction.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageJurisdiction is power and control, which proves ownership.  Therefore, the counties own the children.  Anything that is owned is property.  Therefore, the children are property, owned by the county.  Property doesn't have rights.  Therefore, children do not have rights.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm sure that there will be objections that people can't be owned, that the Upteenth Amendment forbids it, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseam.  However that doesn't change the facts.  You can prove for yourself that the counties own the children by trying to defy the county on any "family" matter.  If you provoke the county sufficiently in such a matter, then it will reclaim its property — your children.  There will not be anything that you can do about it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf we want children to have rights, then we must begin by destroying the jurisdiction over them exercised by counties.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Warped Values — Really, Really, Warped!
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy should Bill Clinton resign?  Janet Reno didn't resign, and she openly accepted responsibility for the deaths of all those people that the government killed in Waco.  Killing civilians in a religious compound is a lot worse than having a sexual affair.  If mass murder isn't an impeachable offense, then a little perjury about a sexual affair certainly isn't.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePeople who believe that sex is a worse offense than mass murder are fundamentally sick people.  They should spend more time watching each kind of activity up close and in person.  Maybe they'd change their opinions.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's long past time to stop yammering incessantly about inconsequential nonsense and start finding ways to bring the real criminals to justice, people like Janet Reno, Louis Freeh, and Lon Horiuchi.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
November 1998
Page 2
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 Frontiersman@ida.net

Letter to the Editor
Dear Sam -
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhere had all the money gone?  I agree with your evaluation.  G. B. Shaw said in addition:  Money is only a medium of exchange, a symbol of value.  It represents the value of a certain amount of human labor, for example, a product produced by work, such as a head of lettuce.  Suppose everyone worked hard for five years & saved all their money.  Then everyone took a year off without working.  They would starve.  This is because the money gets stale, like the loaf of bread it represents, or rotten, like a head of lettuce.  In a capitalist society, the money must be invested intelligently, in order to keep people working productively, to keep goods & services being produced & bought & used.  When money is invested foolishly, it piles up unproductively, as in Microsoft or Amazon or Russia, & its value melts away.  That's what's happening to all the money in the world right now.  Because the current system is rigged so that only incompetents have power, all the money in the world is melting away.  It's a Darwinian thing.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI agree with your assessment of the Lewinsky affair.  Here your hatred of women has helped you see the truth.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou miss some basic cliches of advertising in "Busted".  Most advertising is a lie to sell a product.  It is often based upon Freudian interpretations of reality, e.g. that most guys are only interested in one thing.  Whether most guys are indeed only interested in one thing, which is questionable, does not effect women's rights.  If most people believed that man was an instinctual animal, who couldnot control his physical drives, all laws, even all social mores, which you advocate in place of laws, would be pointless & futile.  They are based upon the belief that man has the freedom of will to choose.  Even Freud believed that.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI admit that dictionary definitions of "right" are unsatisfactory.  The Wordsworth Concise English Dictionary perpetuates the idea that rights & privileges are synonymous.  But here in the U.S., people assume that everyone has rights, but only the rich have privileges.  In reality, no one has rights, not even the rich.  They too must conform.  If they play the game, they can keep their privileges, until the game goes bust, which is just around the corner.  The problem with your definition is, as Eric says, that the theory, not the practice, of democracy, is that in a free society, the Supreme Court will uphold your rights, which are rational, in spite of the mores of the majority, which are often irrational.  Today we see Jewish politicians & journalists trying to hold Clinton & an unwilling Christian society to the merciless mores of Jewish Old Testament tradition.  Even if the majority Christian mores agreed, & the polls say they don't, democratic theories of rights would still defend Clinton.  But contemporary democracy is so rotten that the system does not uphold even the rights of the semi-wealthy president.  He hasn't played the game to the satisfaction of the ruling class.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"We are only one of many members of the UN, & all of them (except England & Israel) hate us".  And yet 1)  the US doesn't pay its dues, & 2)  the UN usually has to act or not act according to the will of the US.  That's my point, & guess what?  That's why they hate you.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSincerely,
— Elliot;  N. Merrick, New York
1.  Money doesn't spoil.  If it isn't durable then it isn't money.
2.  I don't hate women.  I hate the repressive and authoritarian agenda pursued by the feminists.  I'm also not too crazy about the hypocrisy of women who deny being feminists while taking every possible advantage of the privileges provided to women by authoritarian feminist policies.
3.  Your theory of our sexual nature doesn't explain what's happening in the country today.  My theory does.  For example, if your theory was correct, then Clinton would have controlled his "physical drives", to use your words.  Surely the rational part of him knew that the benefits of the affair didn't justify the risks.  Whether you like it or not, he didn't control his drives because he couldn't control them.  Where women are concerned, most men are largely (to use your words again) "instinctual animals".  A theory that doesn't explain the observations is invalid, no matter how desirable or politically correct it might be.  A theory that does explain the observations is valid, however much you might dislike it.
4.  How can you talk about women's rights in one paragraph and then claim, in the next paragraph, that nobody has any rights?  That's inconsistent.  Also, if women have rights that are different from men's rights, as you seem to believe, then women's rights are not equal to men's rights.  In that case, why do you keep talking about equal rights?  I think you're confused.
5.  It is impossible for the Supreme Court to uphold my rights.  Only I can uphold them.  If I rely on the Supreme Court to uphold them, then they become privileges.
6.  The U.S. will have no influence over the behavior of the international criminal court.
— editor

Frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
November 1998
Page 3 

Frontiersman 
479 E. 700 N. 
Firth, Idaho 83236 

When the peaceful
pursuit of justice
becomes irrelevant,
then the violent
pursuit of justice
becomes inevitable.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Lightening on LeftNet Watcher's NewsLightening on Right
Original source unknown.  Forwarded by Warren, of Pocatello, Idaho.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNASA gave Michigan State University $40,000 to draw up a list of universities deserving of NASA grants.  Included on the list:  Michigan State University.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTo their credit, NASA officials pretended to act surprised.

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWould you ask your wife a question for me?  I'd like to know how many different kinds of batting there are.

— Learning About Quilts
Dear Learning About Quilts
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNo need to ask her!  There's hits, balls, and strikes.

Do You Remember When...
Author unknown.  Forwarded by Millie, of El Granada, California.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image... MEG was the name of the girlfriend and GIG was something you did on stage for money?  Now they all mean different things, and that really MEGABYTES

Acknowledgments
•     My thanks to my reviewers for their invaluable assistance.
•     My thanks to The Affiliate, of Vankleek Hill, Ontario for regularly printing reviews of the Frontiersman.
•     My thanks to Sir Donald the Elusive for paying the production costs of this newsletter and for his additional contributions.

— editor

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other publications.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash and U.S. postage stamps.  I don't accept checks, money orders, anything that will smell bad by the time it arrives, or anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

November 1998
Page 4
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 Frontiersman@ida.net

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue