15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, May 2000
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Men, Animals, and the Scientific Method
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis article is about human male sexual behavior and two theories that might explain and predict such behavior.  One theory, advocated largely by feminists and people who have been brainwashed by them, claims that men are above the "animals", that their intelligence overrides their animal instincts, and that men can and should "just control themselves".  I call this the Feminonsense theory.  The other theory, which I modestly call Sam's Theory, claims that men cannot always control their sexual behavior but instead are often driven by it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLet's digress for a moment and consider the scientific method.  One of its precepts deals with the evaluation of theories.  If a theory agrees with or explains the observable data or behavior and successfully predicts future events, then that theory is a candidate for acceptance.  If a theory conflicts with or fails to explain the observable data or behavior or fails to successfully predict future events, then the theory is a candidate for rejection.  Now, lets try the two above noted theories against some observed behavior.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFirst, the assumptions:  Bill Clinton is widely, perhaps universally, accepted as a sane and intelligent man.  He is probably above average in most of his abilities.  There isn't any reason to suppose that he is atypical with regard to his ability to "just control himself".  The question before us then, given those assumptions, is this.  Why did he get involved with Monica Lewinsky?  If the assumptions noted above are valid, then it was obvious to him at the outset that the downside of the relationship would far outweigh its benefits.  Given the noted assumptions regarding Bill Clinton, behavior consistent with the Feminonsense theory would have been to avoid the relationship.  The Feminonsense theory therefore is completely in conflict with the observed behavior.  Sam's Theory, however, is completely consistent with the observed behavior.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe other consideration is how well each theory predicts future behavior. As it happens, both theories fail.  The Feminonsense theory fails because it is inherently in conflict with normal human male behavior.  Lacking coercive manipulation of male behavior, it will never correctly predict such behavior.  Sam's Theory fails for a completely different reason.  It fails because normal male behavior has been systematically repressed by the arbitrary imposition of a plethora of regulations, legislation, and rules, all specifically intended to compel human male sexual behavior to conform to the Feminonsense theory.  I suggest that those who are unconvinced can test my claim.  First, of course, they'll need to locate an environment in which human males have the option of behaving normally, without the influence of the aforementioned restrictions, and males whose behavior hasn't already been repressed by those restrictions.  Then, they can select a test subject.  In order that his behavior not be influenced by the test itself, he shouldn't be told that he's a test subject.  After observation, which theory most successfully predicts his behavior?  For such a test to be valid, the test subject must be reasonably representative of the human male population in all applicable respects.  For example, eunuches and hundred year old monks might not exhibit normal male sexual behavior.  If the test subject is homosexual, then it would be inappropriate to test his behavior toward females.  He must be tested against other males.  You get the idea.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRemember, preconceived notions don't have any place in the scientific method.  It doesn't matter which theory is the most attractive.  Objectivity is necessary.  Which theory fits the observable behavior?  Which theory predicts future behavior?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageMale Symbol

frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
Also see The Pharos Connection at http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
May 2000
Page 1 

Big Mistake
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe U.S. Constitution was supposed to be a limitation on the powers of government.  Instead, it has become a limitation on the rights of the people.  That has happened primarily because people have accepted two ideas.
•     The only rights they have are those which can be directly construed from the U.S. Constitution.  No other rights are deemed to exist.
•     Since the only valid defense of rights is that they are "Constitutional", the only place where they can be defended is in court.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe designation of the U.S. Constitution as the only acceptable source of rights has resulted in the utter destruction of other rights, besides "Constitutional rights", which might have existed.  Otherwise, people could have had any rights they wanted, just by insisting upon them.  Limiting the defense of rights only to the courts has resulted in the few "Constitutional rights" being converted into mere privileges, granted by the courts.  Rights should have been defended by people's behavior, in their daily lives.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow could otherwise intelligent people make such a mistake?  One reason is that they don't have a good definition of rights.  Ask someone for such a definition and he will give you a list of things that he believes to be rights.  However, a list isn't a definition.  People don't even understand that distinction.  Furthermore, everyone has a different list.  The result is that nobody knows what behavior ought to be regarded as a right, and we waste our liberty squabbling.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe first correction that must be made is to recognize the distinction between a right and a privilege.  If someone granted it, then it isn't a right.  If someone gave permission to exercise it, then it isn't a right.  If some institution has jurisdiction over it, then it isn't a right.  A right is (in part) something that you can do or that you can refuse to do, as you chose, without asking permission, paying a fee, getting a license, submitting to a test, and so forth.  A right is YOURS.  You can do the thing or refuse to do it, as you chose.  Rights don't come from the Constitution, or the Bill of Rights, or a court, or an agency.  If they exist, it is because you exercise them.  That is the first lesson of rights.  You don't ask for them.  They aren't granted.  You exercise them.  Otherwise, they don't exist.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Abolish the "Family" Courts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe "best interest of the child" isn't the most important standard upon which to base a body of legal doctrine.  Children (future adults) are ill served if their "best interest" is used as an excuse to reduce adults to a condition of servitude.  If the "best interest of the child" results in the creation of a police state (which it has), then it would be better if children weren't protected at all.  Children are important, but liberty (mine, yours, and theirs) is more important.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Reparations?
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOccasionally, I still hear people claim that reparations are due to the present black descendants of previous black slaves.  Those claims fail on several points.  First, the reparations will not be paid by previous white slave owners, but by presently living white folks, like me.  However, I didn't kidnap anybody from Africa and force them to come here to be slaves.  Therefore, I don't owe any reparations.  Furthermore, the reparations will not be paid to the slaves, but to the presently existing descendants of those slaves.  Those descendants weren't kidnapped and brought here forcibly, so reparations are not due to them.  Their claims fail on another point.  Those black descendants of previous slaves claim that they've been harmed by what was done to their ancestors.  How's that?  Where would they be if their ancestors hadn't been kidnapped?  Maybe they'd be starving in Ethiopia, slogging through the mud in Mozambique, or dying of AIDS in Botswana.  They sure wouldn't be in America, if they existed at all.  Events that were atrocities for their ancestors have been a blessing for them.  I'm sorry that slavery happened.  We can all grieve for it and hope that it doesn't happen again.  Beyond that, I think they should count their blessings and get on with their lives.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery.  If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it;  and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it;  and if I could do it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that.
— Abraham Lincoln
in a Letter to Horace Greeley, August 22, 1862

May 2000
Page 2
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 frontiersman@ida.net

Accidental Death Statistics
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Steve, of Fremont, California.  I haven't tried to verify the numbers.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA recent article in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer concerning accidental deaths caused by physicians from research of Laura Key USA Today triggered a chain of thought that resulted in the person cruising the web (not me) finding some statistics and doing a few calculations.
Number of physicians in the US:  700,000
Accidental deaths/year :  120,000
Accidental deaths/physician:  0.171
Number of gun owners in the US:  80,000,000
Number of accidental gun deaths/year (all age groups):  1,500
Accidental deaths/gun owner:  0.0000188
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTherefore, doctors are approximately 9000 times more dangerous than gun owners.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

True Story:  Carjacking Foiled
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Sir Jeffrey the Studious
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReturning from shopping, an elderly lady found four males in her car.  She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at them at the top of her voice that she knows how to use it and that she will if required:  so get out of the car.  The four men didn't wait around for a second invitation but got out and ran like mad, whereupon the lady proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and get into the driver's seat.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSmall problem:  Her key wouldn't fit the ignition.  Her car was identical and parked four or five spaces farther down.  She loaded her bags into her car and drove to the police station.  The sergeant to whom she told the story nearly tore himself in two with laughter and pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale white males were reporting a carjacking by a mad elderly white woman;  no charges were filed.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Home Improvement Ideas
A reprint from The Green Panthers, P.O. Box 31231, Cincinnati, Ohio 45231-0231, panthers@eos.net.  Or visit their website — http://www.greenpanthers.org
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWith more and more homes being attacked in paramilitary raids, we offer the following suggestion on how to protect your family and property:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDoors:  Replace all hollow doors with solid wood, or preferably metal ones.  Dead-bolt locks are okay for stopping the average junkie looking for a TV to steal, but will probably not stop a tactical entry team.  Add heavy slide latches at the top and bottom of exterior doors.  The "Door Club" (made by the company that makes "The Club") will also help slow battering rams.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe old-fashioned door lock consisting of a heavy wooden beam resting in large hooks on either side of the door is still the best lock ever designed.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Letter to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWe attended a program for the kids last night at my daughter's elementary school.  It was supposed to be sort of a cultural mini-tour of three countries:  India, Ireland and Mexico.  There were tables where the kids could do artwork common in the various cultures under the guidance of parents from those countries.  [My daughter] really enjoyed it, but a couple of things happened which were disturbing to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe first thing [my daughter] wanted to do was to make designs on the concrete outside the building with chalk.  This activity is associated with a harvest celebration in India.  The principal (she's not from India) who was outside watching the kids kept repeating over and over again, "Just designs, no words."  Finally my curiosity got the best of me, and I asked why the kids couldn't write something if they wanted to.  Her reply, "They might write something they shouldn't," shocked me speechless, so I never did find out what sort of banned material the kids were likely to produce with their parents and principal looking on.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLater we were inside when a cop came roaring up the sidewalk to the main entrance on his motorcycle.  He stood just inside the door for a few minutes, then left the some way.  This seemed like a very unlikely place for any serious criminal activity to be going on, so what purpose could such a dramatic appearance serve?  Could it be to make kids accustomed to/tolerant of bazaar behavior on the part of cops?  Am I paranoid?

— Steve;  Fremont, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou're not paranoid.  The schools are one of the main sources of propaganda and brainwashing for the police state.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe school mentioned above is Mission San Jose Elementary, 43545 Bryant Street, Fremont, CA 94539.  The principal is Barbara Lowe.  I suggest that everybody write her a letter.
— editor

frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
May 2000
Page 3 

Frontiersman 
479 E.  700 N. 
Firth, Idaho 83236 

If a kid's old enough to earn
his own money, then he's
old enough to decide for
himself how to spend it

even on cigarettes.
------------------------------
END THE PROHIBITION.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat's a pedophile?
— They Arrested Daddy
Dear They Arrested Daddy
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSomebody who likes to work with feet.

Acknowledgments
•     My thanks to Sir Donald the Elusive and Sir John the Generous, http://www.jwebster.com/, and for their contributions.
•     My thanks to The Affiliate, http://www.the-grand-barn.com/, of Vankleek Hill, Ontario for regularly printing reviews of the Frontiersman.

— editor

Men Can Be Proud Because ...
Source Unknown — forwarded by Warren, of Pocatello, Idaho
•     Underwear is $10 a three pack.
•     If you are 34 and single, nobody notices.
•     Everything on our faces stays the same color.
•     Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.
•     We don't have to clean the house if the gas meter reader is coming.
•     Car mechanics tell us the truth.
•     We can sit quietly and watch a game with a friend for hours without worrying, or thinking, "Is he mad at me?"
•     Same work — more pay.
•     Gray hair and wrinkles only add character.
•     We can drop by and see a friend without having to bring a little gift.

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations —If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other publications.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash and U.S. postage stamps.  I will accept checks or money orders only by prior arrangement.  I don't accept anything that will smell bad by the time it arrives or anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc. I'm sure you get the idea.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

May 2000
Page 4
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 frontiersman@ida.net

PDF Version of This Letter to the Editor
Back to the Beginning of This Issue
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI received the following letter to the editor and didn't have enough space in the May issue of the Frontiersman to print it.

Dear Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's true that one cannot disprove the existence of something.  For example, are there aliens among us?  The presentation of an alien proves alien existence;  the non-presentation of an alien does not disprove alien presence.  McCarthy used this truth in saying that the government was full of communists.  No one could disprove it.  Similarly with the absence of one piece of evidence.  But this doesn't mean that other things demonstrating innocence can't be proven.  For example:  your fingerprints are on the murder weapon.  However, the murder occurred at a certain time, in a certain place, & you can prove that you were elsewhere at that time.  You have proven that your fingers were not on the weapon at the time of the crime.  Science says the non-existence of things cannot be proven.  "Innocence" is an abstraction, not in the realm of the physical things that science deals with at all.  You don't prove the non-existence of your physically scientific "guilt" — something which doesn't exist — you prove your physical fingers were not on the physical weapon at the physical time of the physical act defined by society as "crime."  This can be done scientifically.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat is wrong with the current "justice" system is that it is a rigged part of the police state establishment.  The defense lawyers, like the DA's, are part of the system.  According to Anglo-Saxon tradition, you are supposed to be judged by a jury of your "peers" — people chosen at random from the tribe or nation.  Instead, the jury is selected from the conservative establishment element — "upstanding" citizens supposedly without prejudice, but who of course have more of a vested interest bias than anyone else.  If this is not possible, because the neighborhood is so overwhelmingly working class, like the Bronx, the trial is moved to a conservative establishment bastion like Albany, with the rationalization that it is the non-bourgeois rabble without vested interests who are the more biased.  In the Bronx, one's police come in from the relatively affluent suburbs, & one must go to the relative affluent upstate to find one's "peers."  Democratic "law & order" in action.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGuilt is often established upon circumstantial evidence, so overwhelming as to be convincing "beyond a reasonable doubt."  This goes back to Anglo-Saxon tradition.  Cooperating with the police may offer an alternative explanation of circumstances where a jury would otherwise feel they were being absurdly gullible if they didn't convict.  But again, if the suspects are conservative establishment bourgeois robber-baron billionaires like the Ramseys, their "peers" are never given the chance to make that judgment.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSincerely,

Elliot;  N. Merrick, New York
Back to the Beginning of This Issue