15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, June 2003
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Creation Lesson
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAccording to the creation story as told in the first two chapters of Genesis, in my Revised Standard Version of the Bible, Adam and Eve were the first and only humans created by God.  There weren't any others.  According to the fourth chapter, they had two kids, Cain and Abel.  After Cain killed Abel, the entire human race consisted of a father, a mother, and their son.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGiven those demographics, the Divine Instruction to "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth...." poses a problem.  Even if Adam and Eve had lots of other kids, there still weren't any candidates for "being fruitful" except from within that one family.  Seemingly, universal incest was unavoidable.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe only alternative to universal incest was the existence of other people besides Adam and Eve, people who didn't have a close family relationship with them.  That theory is supported by the cryptic introduction of Cain's wife, in the seventeenth verse of the fourth chapter of Genesis.  Where did she originate?  It seems that there were other creations besides Adam and Eve, evidently prior to them.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo, either the human race originated by way of universal incest or the Biblical creation story as told in the first two chapters of Genesis is inaccurate.  Either scenario poses a dilemma for Christians.  Did God intentionally arrange things in such a way that universal incest was unavoidable?  Is the inspired and unchanging Word of God inaccurate?  What to do, what to do?  Here's a suggestion.  Whereas the Biblical creation story doesn't seem to be credible enough to justify compelling it onto the rest of us, against our will, stop doing so.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

A White Man's Notes
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAmerican Only — Would it seem stupid if I called myself a European American?  Yes.  Does it seem just as stupid when black people call themselves African Americans?  Yes.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA Message for the Women — Annika Sorenstam has now played in the otherwise all-male Colonial Invitational in Fort Worth, Texas.  In response to some men's objections, a particularly aggravating and typically manipulative reply was, "Are you afraid she might win?"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFemale challenges to male-only golf clubs and tournaments are not uncommon, but it isn't the men who are afraid.  It's the women.  They're afraid that men might not notice them.  They object to a situation where men might just enjoy the company of other men.  They're only assurance of their own self-worth is their ability to constantly distract men from other pursuits.  Why else would they be so obsessive about forcing their way into situations where they're likely to get their fluffy little asses whipped by inherently superior opponents?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo, ladies, how do you like it when a man provokes you with an aggravating question?  We're afraid she might win?  Are you really that stupid?  You have female-only activities.  We want male-only activities.  Leave us alone.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCourage — If a team of professional football players won a football game against a kindergarten class, would everybody praise the football players for their courage?  No?  Then why did everybody praise U.S. military personnel for their courage in Iraq?  Courage?  If there was any courage on either side of that conflict, then it was most likely shown by the Iraqis who dared to resist the overwhelming U.S. force.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePoetry — Today, so-called poets seem to be too lazy to write real poetry.  What they write is more nearly weird prose that people read in a strained tone of voice.  Poems have rhyme and rhythm.  If something doesn't have rhyme and rhythm, then it isn't a poem, no matter how you scrunch your face when you read it.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
Also see Pharos at http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
June 2003
Page 1 

Say It Isn't So
Jim Sullivan
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy sincere sympathies to postal employees for having to endure the anthrax problem!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHaving said that, I must now take the mail service to task for another matter, their primary job.  After each trip to the post office, which for me is a daily routine, a wild thought bubbles up in my old head.  I try to dismiss it (the idea, that is, not my head) because it couldn't possibly be true.  Certainly, the U.S. Postal Service, known in today's slang as the handler of snail mail, isn't getting snailier, or slower.  Is it?  Maybe it's just my imagination.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI know for a fact, though, that first class letters sent to my son, who lives four hours away, take five full days, or more, to get there.  After years of writing to him, I have lots of mailing experience.  And it never used to take so long.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNow, here's more of my wild thought:  the U.S. Postal Service seems to be allowing, or maybe even causing, this mail slowdown.  Why?  Perhaps for good reason:  maybe it wants to motivate customers to purchase it's pricey 'Priority Mail' service for two or three day delivery, or 'Express Mail,' for overnight service.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSurely this can't be true.  After all, no U.S. government allowed, first class mail delivery monopoly, one that has been partially privatized, would stoop so low as to let its inherited efficient delivery service go to pot.  Would it?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy, if it did, privatization would get a black eye.  Moreover, you'd think the monopoly would be yanked or that the organization would be publicly chastised.  But none of that has happened.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDid postal management see a quick, lucrative source of additional revenue?  Remember, post office executives have been bragging about holding the line on mailing costs at 37¢ for first class service.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAgain, whatever the reason, it sure looks to this white haired gent as if the U.S. Postal Service should own up to some truths:  like, for example, a first class stamp nowadays really brings with it just third rate delivery service.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnd if that's the way it is, maybe the postal service, to avoid temptation, should get out of the priority and express mail business.  Then it could concentrate on improving regular mail delivery service.  Otherwise, it has a built in conflict of interest.  There's just too much incentive, like being able to charge 10 to 30 times the first class rate to get first class service.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLet's face it:  any group, like the U.S. Postal Service, that can afford to have a supervisor frequently accompany carriers on the rounds to make sure the mail is being delivered efficiently can obviously afford to keep mail delivery between cities up to par, too.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo far, I've not found any investigative journalism type articles in magazines, newspapers, or books on this subject.  But it should be examined.  Something smells here.  Admittedly, my ideas may be bubbling up from elsewhere.  But I don't think so.  The odor seems to be coming from the mail service itself.  Please say it isn't so!10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Postal Pedigree
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMost people believe that the Post Office operates under authority provided by the U.S. Constitution.  However, the only wording in the entire U.S. Constitution that deals directly with the Post Office is in Article 1.
"[The Congress shall have power] to establish post offices and post roads;"
— Article 1, Section 8, clause 7
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThat clause grants a power, but not a monopoly.  However, the Post Office has a monopoly.  The monopoly is granted in the Articles of Confederation.
"The United States in Congress assembled shall also have the sole and exclusive right and power of establishing and regulating post offices from one state to another, throughout all the United States, and exacting such postage on the papers passing through the same as may be requisite to defray the expenses of the said office...."
— Article 9, Paragraph 4
<emphasis added>
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI refer anybody who doesn't agree with me back to the U.S. Constitution.
"All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation."
— Article 6, clause 1
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Post Office operates today not under the authority of the U.S. Constitution, but under the authority of the Articles of Confederation.  It is only one of several examples of the continued validity of the Articles of Confederation.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
June 2003
Page 2
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
Also see Pharosat http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
 frontiersman@ida.net

Letter to the Editor
Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI recently saw an interview with a former "Beverly Hills 90210" cast member on a late night talk show.  The actress was complaining about how it is unpopular to be a Republican in Hollywood.  She does not understand why it is okay to express Democratic affiliation and not okay to express Republican affiliation.  Let me start off with the obvious.  Hollywood is dependent on creativity.  Creativity is dependent on free thinking.  Free thinking is stifled by censorship.  Censorship is a Republican agenda.  Two, Hollywood is a diverse (today more than ever) community and racism is frowned upon.  Republicans are racist.  Three, in the wake of 9/11 there are concerns among educated people of the dangers of radical religious extremism.  Republicans are religious extremists.  Let me clarify my definition of extremist.  If you literally believe in any religious doctrine and that belief dictates your actions (i.e. Pro-Lifers) you are an extremist.  And therefore are mentally unstable and dangerous to those around you.  I hope this helps anyone else who might be confused about this issue.  I don't expect this actress will be reading this, so my goal is to help anyone I can.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnother thing that freaks the hell out of me is the phenomenon of the average Joe blue collar citizen who actually believes he can relate to the Republican cause.  These people are usually religious too, and this is where the evil political genius of the Conservatives has paid off by so shamelessly attaching themselves to a religious cult.  You know, "you're with us or against us, you're with our God or against our God".  Just another empty vote.  Hey it works!  Right?  Well actually it didn't work, but the Law never stopped George W. from doin' coke either.
— A message from OTAR
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReligious extremists aren't a problem so long as they don't force their way of life onto other people.  The Amish might be a good example.  Religious evangelists, even conservative groups, are a problem if they force their way of life onto other people.  The Catholics might be a good example.  The problem isn't extremism, but evangelism.  Remember, the repression of extremism is still repression, just as surely as the repression of anything else.
— editor

Help Wanted
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI still haven't obtained donated accommodations.  If I'm faced with the prospect of renting, then I'll need more contributions than I've ever received before and they'll have to be reliable or I can't enter a rental agreement.  If the people who claim to believe in what I'm doing want me to keep doing it, then they're going to have to get off their butts and support me.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Help me restore liberty on this continent.
•  Make and distribute extra copies of the Frontiersman.
•  Publicize Pharos:
http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
•  Shop at Moonlight Sales:
http://www.myplanet.net/moonlightsales/Moonlight_Sales.html
•  Send cash contributions (no checks, please) to Frontiersman,479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236.
•  Seek liberty in your own life.
Union House, Union Rules
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Steve, of Fremont, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA dedicated union worker was attending a convention in Las Vegas and decided to check out the local brothels nearby.  When he got to the first one, he asked the Madame, "Is this a union house?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"No," she replied, "I'm sorry, it isn't."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Well, if I pay you $100, what cut does the girl get?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"The house gets $80 and the girl gets $20."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMightily offended at such unfair dealings, the man stomped off down the street in search of a more equitable, hopefully unionized shop.  His search continued until finally he reached a brothel where the Madame responded, "Why, yes sir, this IS a union house."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe man asked, "And if I pay you $100, what cut does the girl get?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"The girl gets $80 and the house gets $20."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"That's more like it!"  the union man said.  He looked around the room and pointed to an attractive young blonde.  "I'd like her for the night."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"I'm sure you would, sir," said the Madame.  Then, gesturing to a fat sixty-five year old woman with warts and rotten teeth, she said, "but Mary there has seniority."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
June 2003
Page 3 

Frontiersman 
479 E.  700 N. 
Firth, Idaho  83236 

An ID requirement
is a 
tool of tyranny.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI was in a wilderness area last month when the battery in my GPS went dead.  I completely lost my bearings.  Has anything like that ever happened to you?
— Wilderness Hiker
Dear Wilderness Hiker
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI was in a parking lot once when the battery in my GMC went dead, but it didn't have no effect on the bearings.

Acknowledgments
My thanks to the following:  Lady Shirley the Benevolent, Sir James the Bold, Sir John the Generous, and Sir Donald the Elusive.

— editor

Sixth Grade Test Bloopers
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Reverend W. Dale Blackford, strong4man@earthlink.net
•     Ancient Egypt was inhabited by mummies and they all wrote in hydraulics.  They lived in the Sarah Dessert.  The climate of the Sarah is such that all the inhabitants have to live elsewhere.
•     Moses led the Hebrew slaves to the Red Sea where they made unleavened bread, which is bread made without any ingredients.  Moses went up on Mount Cyanide to get the ten commandments.  He died before he ever reached Canada.
•     The Greeks were a highly sculptured people, and without them we wouldn't have history.  The Greeks also had myths.  A myth is a female moth.

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash, U.S. postage stamps, prepaid telephone cards, and so forth.  I will accept checks or money orders only by prior arrangement.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea. 
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

June 2003
Page 4
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 frontiersman@ida.net

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue