15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, February 2004
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Enemies of Liberty
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFor years, I've heard people complain about the failure of the "public" schools.  In all of those years, through all of those complaints, I've never yet heard anybody correctly articulate the nature of the failure.  Here are some of the aspects of that failure.
•     The "public" schools have failed to teach the children the difference between a right and a privilege.
•     They have failed to teach the children the difference between freedom and permission.
•     They have failed to teach the children the fundamental principles of liberty.
•     They have failed to inform the children of the routine, flagrant, and daily violations of the fundamental principles of liberty, every day, all over the land.
•     They have taught the children that an illusion of security is more important than liberty.
•     They have told the children that security can be provided by the exercise of governmental surveillance and intrusion.
•     They have taught the children that governmental surveillance and intrusion are necessary prerequisites of liberty, and that they are undertaken in the name of liberty and for the sake of liberty.
•     They have failed to instruct the children in the ancient principles of contract.
•     They have failed to tell the children that a contract obtained on behalf of someone, by a third party, without the understanding or consent of the person for whom the contract has been obtained, doesn't cause an obligation to accrue to the person for whom the contract was obtained.  They have failed to tell the children that their Social Security numbers, obtained for them when they were below the age of consent, by third parties (their parents), represent such contracts.  They have failed to advise the children that their first act as an adult, immediately after blowing out the 18th candle on the cake, should be to go to the nearest Social Security office and demand that the contract be rescinded.
•     They have told the children that the U.S.A. is a democracy.
•     They have told the children that it's good for the U.S. government to forcibly impose its political theories, economic systems, social ideologies, and religious dogmas on other countries.
•     They have failed to inform the children of the atrocious acts committed by the U.S. government in foreign lands.  They have led the children to believe that U.S. foreign policy is intended to liberate foreign peoples.
•     They have failed to reveal the numerous flaws in the pedigree and substance of the U.S. constitution and Bill of Rights.
•     They have failed to teach the children that a constitution should limit the powers of government, not the rights of people.
•     They have told the children that the U.S. constitution, with its Bill of Rights, is the exclusive source of the rights of the American people.
•     They have taught the children that people have an obligation to obey authority.
•     They have failed to teach the children the difference between despotism and legitimate authority.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYes, the "public" schools have failed.  Their failure is so miserable, so abysmal, so reprehensible, that they don't even deserve to be called schools.  When I'm in a generous mood, I call them brainwashers.  When my mood is less generous, I declare them to be enemies of liberty, sources of ignorance, and purveyors of misinformation, which is exactly what they are.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  Cash is preferred.
Checks are accepted only by prior arrangement.  Please inquire.

frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
Also see Pharos at http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
February 2004
Page 1 

Prohibition and Punishment
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFor many years now, I've been objecting to the use of the powers of government as a tool to prohibit and punish sin.  Civil and criminal misbehavior occur in the secular realm.  Sin is in God's jurisdiction and should not be judged or punished by secular authorities.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe situation reported in the reprint below is another example of the tens of thousands of times that people become the victims of legislation intended to force them to comply with religious beliefs that they don't share, and to punish them if they violate those beliefs.  Not only is it repressive, it ruins people's lives.
Texas housewife busted for hawking erotic toys
Sales rep for Brisbane firm sold vibrator to undercover agents
Steve Rubenstein, San Francisco Chronicle
Tuesday, December 16, 2003
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA Texas housewife is in big trouble with the law for selling a vibrator to a pair of undercover cops, and the Brisbane vibrator company she works for says Texas is an "antiquated place" with more than its share of "prudes."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageJoanne Webb, a former fifth-grade teacher and mother of three, was in a county court in Cleburne, Texas, on Monday to answer obscenity charges for selling the vibrator to undercover narcotics officers posing as a dysfunctional married couple in search of a sex aid.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWebb, a saleswoman for Passion Parties of Brisbane, faces a year in jail and a $4,000 fine if convicted.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"What I did was not obscene,'" Webb said.  "What's obscene is that the government is taking action about what we do in our bedrooms."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe arrest of Webb in Cleburne, a small town 50 miles southwest of Dallas, was the first time that any of the company's 3,000 sales consultants have been busted, said Pat Davis, the president of Passion Parties.  She said the company was outraged by the charges and stood behind Webb.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"It makes you wonder what they're thinking out there in Texas,'" Davis said.  "They sound like prudes, with antiquated laws.  They must have all their street crime under control in Texas if they're going to spend tax money arresting us."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFor the past year, Webb has sold the company's line of vibrators, gels, lubricants, strawberry-flavored nipple cream and "edible passion puddings."  The merchandise is offered for sale in private, Tupperware-style parties to women who may be reluctant to visit an adult novelty store.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAmong the company's top items are a $12 jar of passion pudding in chocolate and strawberry flavors ("apply head to toe, wherever you want your lover to linger"), a $9 jar of nipple cream in strawberry, raspberry and watermelon flavors, and battery-powered vibrators that sell for $17 to $140.  The company also offers such lubricants as Slippery Stuff ($13), Lickety Lube ($12) and Lucky Stiff ($11.50), and a $22 battery-powered item for men known as Jelly Julie ("with soft jelly silicone lips").
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Our products are not obscene," Davis said.  "All we're trying to do is help people build loving relationships."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWebb suspects she got in trouble because she ruffled feathers in town by daring to join the Chamber of Commerce with her sex toy business.  She said her arrest had caused her husband of 20 years to suffer a nervous breakdown.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWebb said she was amazed that the town's narcotics squad would be put on the case.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"We have a real problem with drugs in our schools," she said, "and they're using our narcotics officers to entrap me for selling a vibrator."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn this country, legislation intended to punish sin is promoted, largely, by evangelistic factions of Christians.  I don't care if those factions constitute a small percentage of all Christians.  Their number is large enough to successfully promote the legislation.  If the majority of Christians don't approve of such promotion of repressive legislation by a minority of their colleagues, then they can prevent it.  They are, after all, the majority.  For that majority to sit quietly and allow repression to be committed in its name seems to me a lot like a tacit approval of the repression.  If that opinion makes me unpopular among mainstream Christians, then so be it.  They do, after all, have a choice.  If they passively allow evangelistic Christians to enact repressive legislation intended to punish the Christian version of sin, then they don't have any business accusing me of "Christian bashing" when I object to the repression.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

February 2004
Page 2
Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 frontiersman@ida.net

A White Man's Notes
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOffender — If a woman alleges that the behavior of a man is sexually offensive, and if the behavior is otherwise harmless, then the offense might not be a result of the man’s behavior but of the woman's insistence upon being offended by normal male behavior.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageInterrogation of Terrorist Suspects — Sleep deprivation is a form of torture.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCrucial Assumption — The advocacy of liberty follows from the assumption that people can and will behave like mature, civilized adults.  If that's a good assumption, then we can reasonably advocate liberty.  If it isn't, then we can't.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTechnical Challenge — If they can put a man on the moon, then why can't they make windshield wipers that don't vibrate, buzz, and rattle?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFunny — A comedian who has to rely on a laugh track should be ashamed of himself.  A comedian who is required to do so should find someplace else to work.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageClever Stupidity — Most merchants know that they should try to direct their advertisements to receptive targets, that is, to people who are at least potentially interested in the product being offered for sale.  So what about the people who send all that junk e-mail?  They go to considerable lengths to disguise key-words in their subject lines, so their messages will slip past the e-mail filters of people who don't want to receive advertisements for certain products.  For your amusement, here are a few examples.

15x5 Page Background GIF Imagepe nis, penÌs, pu55y, Levi]tra, Prescr/iption, pr*escriptions, D/rugs, F.R.E.E----V.I.A.G.R.A, V.1.@.G.R.A, V1@GRA, V.lAGR.A, Sa.ve, pr1ce, dolar, mo"ney, D.1.SC0.UNT, f r-e- e, s0ftware, sotfawre, J-u-n-k E*mail, p,tch.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou get the idea.

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo, what are these people doing?  They're forcing their advertisements to the attention of people who, by definition, aren't interested in the product.  If the people were interested in the product, then they wouldn't have created filters to remove the e-mail with those key-words.  Such stupidity on the part of marketers appears to me to be a sufficient reason to refuse to buy anything from them.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Letter to the Editor
Dear Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI forgot if I already told you, but I was transferred AGAIN on ....  Please update, I hope to receive Frontiersman soon.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNothing is being forwarded from the last ... address — all is being stolen by prison guards — 100s of pieces of mail already stolen & thrown out.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHope you have acquired a suitable home — & hope to hear from you soon.  (If you wrote me at ... it was all stolen, except perhaps 1 Frontiersman that slipped thru there.)
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePraying the best for you & your needs,
— inmate;  Ione, California

With A Little Help From Our Friends
Original source Unknown.  Forwarded by BLA, of Schertz, Texas.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePolice in Oakland, California spent two hours trying to subdue a gunman who had barricaded himself inside his home.  After firing ten tear gas canisters, officers discovered that the man was standing beside them in the police line, shouting, "Please come out and give yourself up."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Kids In Church
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by David, of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTerri asked her Sunday School class to draw pictures of their favorite bible stories.  She was puzzled by Kyle's picture, which showed four people on an airplane, so she asked him which story it was meant to represent.  "The flight to Egypt," said Kyle.  "I see ... and that must be Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus," Terri said.  "But who's the fourth person?"  "Oh, that's Pontius, the Pilot!'
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePastor Dave Charlton tells us, "After a worship service at First Baptist Church in Newcastle, Kentucky, a mother with a fidgety seven-year-old boy told me how she finally got her son to sit still and be quiet.  About half- way through the sermon, she leaned over and whispered, 'If you don't be quiet, Pastor Charlton is going to lose his place and will have to start his sermon all over again!'   It worked!"10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
February 2004
Page 3 

Frontiersman 
1510 North 22nd Drive
Show Low, Arizona  85901 

Crime prevention by
government is more
harmful than the crimes
that it pretends to
prevent.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI just replaced my VCR with a DVD player and I can't figure out how to rewind the DVDs.  Any advice? 
— Baffled
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Dear Baffled
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI don't know.  Mine seem to rewind themselves automatically.  Whenever I put one back in, it's always at the beginning again.

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  Sir James the Bold, Sir John the Generous, SantaClara Bob, Eric, of Represa, California, and Sir Donald the Elusive.

— editor

Some Rules By Men, For Women
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
•     ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.  Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color.  Pumpkin is also a fruit.  We have no idea what mauve is.
•     If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong.  We know it isn't true, but it just isn't worth the hassle.
•     If you ask a question to which you don't want an answer, expect an answer you don't want to hear.
•     When we have to go somewhere, anything you wear is fine.  Really.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn’t for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash, U.S. postage stamps, prepaid telephone cards, and so forth.  I will accept checks or money orders only by prior arrangement.  Please inquire.  I don’t accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

February 2004
Page 4
Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
frontiersman@ida.net

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue