15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, October 2005
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
A Few Good People
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOn September 7, I stepped on a nail and jabbed a hole in my left foot.  It wasn't a serious wound but it was a puncture wound, it had been made by a nail that had been laying on the ground, and it had been about seven years since my most recent tetanus shot.  I decided to see if I could get a tetanus shot without showing government ID.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI called the clinics in town and found two that would admit to giving tetanus shots.  At one, the woman told me that they wouldn't give me the shot unless I have a Social Security number.  At the other, the lady didn't give me a straight answer about an ID requirement.  Instead, she asked me if I was a "patient" I told her that I wasn't.  She said that before I could get anything from the clinic, I'd have to go through their acceptance procedure.  She said that it included various things, such as a note from a doctor.  I didn't pursue it because I assumed that somewhere in the procedure I'd run afoul of an ID requirement.  However, both women suggested that I go to the county health department.  I was skeptical.  If I couldn't get a tetanus shot from the private sector, then why would I expect a county agency to give me one?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI called the county health department and was surprised to learn that they don't have an ID requirement.  Still skeptical, I rode Crazy Horse across town to see what would happen.  I found the department in a small building in a rural setting just beyond the outskirts of town.  In the lobby, I discovered the two receptionists to be very courteous.  The paperwork was minimal and reasonable.  It took me only about two minutes to complete it.  They didn't require any ID at all.  They didn't object when I wrote "none" for Social Security number.  I paid for the shot in cash.  One of the receptionists gave me a receipt while the other one went looking for a plastic bag for me to use to carry the handouts that they'd given me.  They invited me to sit in the lobby and wait.  The lobby was large, clean, and quiet.  There wasn't some obnoxious TV blaring, just a peaceful lobby.  It wasn't crowded full of sick, sneezing, contagious invalids.  Except for me, it was empty.  I barely had time to enjoy it.  Within two minutes, a lovely blonde nurse came out and invited me to the treatment room where she administered my shot.  The whole procedure took about fifteen minutes, from the time that I locked Crazy Horse to the flag pole out front until the time that I rode away.  I didn't even have to wait in a line.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's ironic that the clinics would rather have me risk a serious disease than treat me without ID, while the county agency doesn't require ID at all.  The priorities at the clinics clearly don't include my health.  Libertarians who glorify the so-called private sector should take notice.  There's another lesson as well.  The lesson is that, in spite of my criticism of government, there are still small bits and pieces of it wherein the individuals involved are courteous, competent, and behaving in the best interests of the people that they serve.  The behavior of the county health department was exemplary, at least in this one instance.  It should be held up as an example for all government, everywhere.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's good to know that such things are still possible in this country in spite of all of the efforts of the globalists and the repressionists to make it otherwise.  In a few places, a few good government employees are still doing their jobs.  If you're lucky, then you can still find them when you need them.  Maybe that sort of thing was more common in the past.  I don't know.  Fortunately, I found just such a bit of that hypothetical past exactly when I needed it, right here in Navaho County, Arizona.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use frontiersman@tomc.org.uk.

October 2005 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
frontiersman@tomc.org.uk
 Also see Pharos at http://tomc.org.uk/Sam_Aurelius_Milam_III/Pharos_Relay/Pharos_Relay.html
              Page 1

Dr. Ron Paul Addresses the House of Representatives
Suicide Terrorism, Thursday, July 14, 2005
Reprinted with permission
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMr. Speaker, more than half of the American people now believe that the Iraqi war has made the U.S. less safe.  This is a dramatic shift in sentiment from two years ago.  Early support for the war reflected a hope for a safer America, and it was thought to be an appropriate response to the 9/11 attacks.  The argument was that the enemy attacked us because of our freedom, our prosperity, and our way of life.  It was further argued that it was important to engage the potential terrorists over there rather than here.  Many bought this argument and supported the war.  That is now changing.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt is virtually impossible to stop determined suicide bombers.  Understanding why they sacrifice themselves is crucial to ending what appears to be senseless and irrational.  But there is an explanation.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLike many, I have assumed that the driving force behind the suicide attacks was Islamic fundamentalism.  Promise of instant entry into paradise as a reward for killing infidels seemed to explain the suicides, a concept that is foreign to our way of thinking.  The world's expert on suicide terrorism has convinced me to rethink this simplistic explanation, that terrorism is merely an expression of religious extremism and resentment of a foreign culture.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRobert Pape, author of Dying to Win, explains the strategic logic of suicide terrorism.  Pape has collected a database of every suicide terrorist attack between 1980 and 2004, all 462 of them.  His conclusions are enlightening and crucial to our understanding the true motivation behind the attacks against Western nations by Islamic terrorists.  After his exhaustive study, Pape comes to some very important conclusions.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReligious beliefs are less important than supposed.  For instance, the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka, a Marxist secular group, are the world's leader in suicide terrorism.  The largest Islamic fundamentalist countries have not been responsible for any suicide terrorist attack.  None have come from Iran or the Sudan.  Until the U.S. invasion of Iraq, Iraq never had a suicide terrorist attack in all of its history.  Between 1995 and 2004, the al Qaeda years, two-thirds of all attacks came from countries where the U.S. had troops stationed.  Iraq's suicide missions today are carried out by Iraqi Sunnis and Saudis.  Recall, 15 of the 19 participants in the 9/11 attacks were Saudis.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe clincher is this:  the strongest motivation, according to Pape, is not religion but rather a desire "to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from the territory the terrorists view as their homeland."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe best news is that if stopping suicide terrorism is a goal we seek, a solution is available to us.  Cease the occupation of foreign lands and the suicide missions will cease.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBetween 1982 and 1986, there were 41 suicide terrorist attacks in Lebanon.  Once the U.S., the French, and Israel withdrew their forces from Lebanon, there were no more attacks.  The reason the attacks stop, according to Pape, is that the Osama bin Ladens of the world no longer can inspire potential suicide terrorists despite their continued fanatical religious beliefs.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePape is convinced after his extensive research that the longer and more extensive the occupation of Muslim territories, the greater the chance of more 9/11-type attacks on the U.S.  He is convinced that the terrorists strategically are holding off hitting the U.S. at the present time in an effort to break up the coalition by hitting our European allies.  He claims it is just a matter of time if our policies do not change.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt is time for us to consider a strategic reassessment of our policy of foreign interventionism, occupation, and nation-building.  It is in our national interest to do so and in the interest of world peace.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Reprinted from Ron Paul's FREEDOM REPORT, VOLUME 9, NO. 8 SEPTEMBER 2005
F.R.E.E., Inc.
P.O. Box 1776
Lake Jackson, Texas 77566
979-265-3034
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

Page 2  Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
frontiersman@tomc.org.uk
 Also see Pharos at http://tomc.org.uk/Sam_Aurelius_Milam_III/Pharos_Relay/Pharos_Relay.html
 October 2005

Over a Barrel
Jim Sullivan
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHave you noticed that the owner's manual for a new automobile instructs you to change oil every 5,000 miles or every five months, whichever comes sooner?  Your gas station man and even the car dealer's mechanic says, "Disregard the manual.  Change your oil every 3,000 miles or three months."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhich is correct?  No one seems to know.  This dilemma is nothing new.  Back in the days, not that long ago really, when manuals started directing car owners to change oil every 3,000 miles or three months, the gas station guy was whispering to customers, "Don't pay any attention to them carmakers and dealers.  If you want to keep that new engine purring, change oil every 1,000 miles or every couple of months, if not more often."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've always suspected a tad of self-interest at play here.  Oil changes are a gas station's profit-maker.  Heck, some stations these days do nothing but change oil.  That should tell you something.  When someone tells you to change oil more often than the manual recommends, perhaps that person is looking to make a buck or two off you.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOne way or the other, getting new oil more frequently than the manufacturer suggests certainly can't hurt your vehicle though it will lighten your wallet some.  Carmakers, on the other hand, aren't interested in making money from you with oil changes.  Therefore, they have no reason to push you into doing so.  When I mentioned this logic to my mechanic the other day, he pointed out something to me that I hadn't thought about.  "Listen", he said, "the sooner your car engine goes sour, usually from lack of clean lubricant, the sooner you buy another car.  Right?"  I had to admit he was on to something there:  motive.  Manufacturers do have an interest in letting you go longer between oil changes than you should.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis is really all quite confusing and I still don't know who's right.  Recently, I took matters into my own hands.  I decided to change my own car's oil and do it half-way between what the carmaker recommended and what my garage man had said.  That meant 4,000 miles or every four months.  It seemed like a happy medium and a brilliant compromise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy wife worried herself sick watching me crawl under our car that I'd jacked up and put on blocks.  But, except for skinning my knuckles when loosening the oil pan bolt and getting that fluid all over my face and head, all went well.  What's more, I saved money buying my replacement oil and filter at the discount store.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHowever, I ran into a vexing situation:  what to do with the old oil I'd drained out of my car?  There was no place to dispose of it without causing pollution and I surely didn't want to drive 20 miles to our nearest landfill.  Besides, I'd heard they wouldn't accept oil.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn desperation, I sheepishly took the used oil down to my mechanic.  He took it, but reluctantly.  He informed me, none too gently I might add, "If you don't see fit to have me change your oil, I don't see how I can continue to get rid of any more of your used lubricant!"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo I resumed going back to him for my regular oil changes.  Naturally, they had to be on his terms:  every 3,000 miles or three months, and woe to me if I'm late.  He truly has me over a barrel (oil drum to be precise).
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWould someone please find out who's right about this oil change frequency argument and let me and the rest of the car buying world know?  There's a lot riding on the answer.  Remember:  oil is in short supply.  At least that's what the oil companies are saying.  Can we believe them?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Oil Suggestions
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAn acquaintance of mine named Jonathan used to pour his used engine oil into his gas tank.  He added a small amount of oil each time he bought gasoline.  He was able to burn all of his used engine oil that way and reported that it didn't have any noticeable effect on engine performance.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI used to dump my old engine oil (and kerosene, brake fluid, transmission fluid, etc.) onto my stack of fire wood.  It soaked into the wood, didn't leak onto the ground, and burned nicely in my wood stove every winter.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

October 2005 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
frontiersman@tomc.org.uk
              Page 3

Frontiersman 
1510 North 22nd Drive
Show Low, Arizona   85901 

Government ID
is a tool of a
police state.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  Sir James the Bold, SantaClara Bob, Lady Jan the Voluptuous, CVG, of Tonopah, Arizona, Karl, of Windsor, Connecticut, and ERE, of Soledad, California.
— editor

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
Do you know if Neutrinos have mass?

— Science Student
Dear Science Student
I don't even know what country they come from.  Are they Catholic?

Headlines for 2029
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
Ozone created by electric cars killing millions in Mexifornia, the seventh largest country in the world, formally known as California.
White minorities still trying to have English recognized as Mexifornia's third language.
Spotted Owl plague threatens northwestern United States crops and livestock.
Baby conceived naturally in Mexifornia.  Scientists amazed.
Couple petitions court to reinstate heterosexual marriage.
France pleads for global help after being taken over by Jamaica.Infinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I prefer cash, U.S. postage stamps, prepaid telephone cards, and so forth.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use frontiersman@tomc.org.uk.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4  Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
frontiersman@tomc.org.uk
 October 2005

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue