15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, July 2006
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
What a Tangled Web We Weave:
The Spider, The Wasp, and Spanish Fly
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSome time ago, I listened to a report about the Orb Weaving Spider of the rain forests of Costa Rica and a certain kind of parasitic wasp.  According to the report,1 the wasp temporarily paralyzes the spider and lays an egg on its abdomen.  The wasp lays the egg in a location where the spider can't reach it and can't dislodge it.  When the egg hatches, the larva uses the spider as a source of food.  Shortly before the spider dies, the larva uses some technique, presumably chemical, to absolutely and utterly take over control of the spider.  The larva compels the spider to cease and desist from weaving the round web that such spiders normally weave.  Instead, the spider is compelled to weave a thick lateral cable that the larva uses as a safe location for its cocoon.  The larva compels a very specific kind of behavior in the spider.  The result is complex and precise.  The spider doesn't have any control over it.  The larva doesn't use computers, electronic implants, microwaves, or any other kind of hi-tech junk.  Presumably, it uses nothing more "modern" than ordinary biochemical processes.  If it's possible for wasps to do such a thing to spiders then it's possible for men to do such a thing to other men.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe use of chemicals to modify or control the behavior of people has long been attempted.  Past techniques might have been somewhat crude but slipping Spanish Fly into her drink is only one of the many possibilities.  Today, the potential for such control is rapidly expanding.  Probably, governments are already using biochemical agents to control people.  If they aren't doing so yet, then they soon will be.  Note that by control I don't mean mere coercion, intimidation, or manipulation, as governments and religions have been doing for centuries.  I mean the absolute and utter control of the behavior of other people, the literal programming of human behavior.  The subjects won't have any choice in the matter and might not even be aware of it.  The present use of such techniques, if they are being used, might still be limited.  Eventually, they'll be applied to entire populations.  A biochemical agent will be dispersed as an aerosol, it will be added to the food, or it might be dissolved in the water.  Vaccinations would be another handy way to get the agent into people.  In recent years, there's been a lot of talk about electronic implants.  It's entirely feasible that such an implant could include a tiny ampoule, or several ampoules, that could dispense one or more programmed biochemical agents.  The process could be remotely controlled and triggered at the will of government agents.  It could be triggered when the carrier of the implant enters any designated vicinity.  Whatever method is used, the people affected will thereafter behave exactly according to plan, under the absolute control of the government.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

A White Man's Notes
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHer Definition — When a woman calls a man a jerk, what she really means is that he refuses to be dominated and controlled by women.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageImitation Men — I hate for a woman to stick out her hand to shake hands with me.  I despise shaking hands with women.  Shaking hands is a "man thing".  What became of the old custom of kissing the back of a lady's hand?  Indeed, what became of the ladies?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

^ 
The information was presented by Carol Rainey in an interview of Budd Hopkins and Carol Rainey on Whitley Strieber's Dreamland, February 14, 2004, 20:04 — 25:30.  The information was attributed by Carol to an article in an unspecified edition of the New York Times Science Section.
— editor

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use frontiersman@pharos.pricelesshost.net.

July 2006 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
frontiersman@pharos.pricelesshost.net
 Also see Pharos at http://pharos.pricelesshost.net.
              Page 1

Abstinence Is A Sin
C. Victor Gabriel
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCatholics and, perhaps even more so, Evangelical Protestants condemn the use of contraception to prevent pregnancy because that would destroy a potential life.1  By the same logic, it is an evil to abstain, even temporarily, from sex because to do so might destroy a potential life.  Thus, abstinence is tantamount to murder.  Indeed, by that same logic, ought not we encourage all little girls (at least above 10) and all little boys (at least above 12) to engage freely in sex? 2
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRecently even the Pope acknowledged the stupidity of the ban on condoms, endorsing their use by marital partners in an effort to prevent the spread of AIDS.  Apparently, he approves of the spread of AIDS by unmarried partners.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBut, how long did it take for the Catholic Church to alter its position?  Well, it took over 4 centuries for it to apologize to Galileo. So, they should be praised for taking only several decades to alter their blanket condemnation of the use of condoms.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAgain, as I've so often said before, nothing has caused more misery to humankind than has religion! 310x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWord Woes — If it isn't acceptable for a man to wear a dress, then why is it that when he's putting on his clothes we say that he's getting dressed?  Why is the formal military uniform called a dress uniform?  Why do boys in some schools have to comply with a dress code?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

^ 
Mormons, too.
— editor
 ^ 
The "logic" of religious people is usually interesting.  By their "logic" of preventing a potential life, I suppose that a man who masturbates qualifies as a mass murderer.  Their "logic" would require them to regard a woman's menstrual cycle or a man's "wet dream" as negligent homicide.
A religious nut once proclaimed that "If God had intended for man to fly then we'd all have been born with wings!"  My response was, "How right he is!  And likewise, if God had intended for man to run around without any clothes on, then we'd have all been born naked!" What a bunch of nitwits.
— editor
 ^ 
Which is worse, government or religion?  Both are excellent examples of "Man's Inhumanity to Man".
— editor

Leonard Lake and Charles Ng:
Victims and Missing People
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis article is the second of a series in which I'm presenting my beliefs regarding Leonard Lake and Charles Chitat Ng.  The next article, hopefully next month, will address some of the anomalies associated with the situation of which Leonard Lake and Charles Ng were a part.  This series of articles might not seem to have much to do with my normal agendas.  Be patient.  It does.  I'll present my list of references after I print the final article in the series.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePresented after this article is a list of victims or people suspected of being victims of Leonard Lake and Charles Ng.  I accumulated the names in the list from various sources.  The actual status (victim versus suspected victim) isn't always clear.  I also found inconsistencies in the reported names of a few of the victims and in the reported relationships between a few of them.  However, I haven't specifically been trying to document the so-called vital statistics of the victims.  Rather, I accumulated that information incidentally while I was trying primarily to understand the numbers.  Also, I've reviewed only a small portion of the information that's available regarding the vital statistics.  Therefore, the information in the list presented at the end of the article is incomplete.  Some of it might be inaccurate.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's impossible to say how many people Leonard Lake and Charles Ng actually killed.  The bodies of seven men, three women, and two young boys were discovered buried at the Wilseyville site.  However, police also dug up a lot of human bone fragments, teeth, and partial remains from the land surrounding the cabin.  I've seen different values reported for the weight of the fragments:  41 pounds, 45 pounds, and 50 pounds.  Authorities estimated 25 or 26 as the total number of victims.  I believe that the number of victims was much higher than that.  I've presented some of my reasons below.

In many cases, the disposal of the bodies was extremely thorough.  Some bodies were sliced into pieces and strewn around the property.

Arrow
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

Page 2  Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 July 2006

Such remains might have been eaten or carried away by local scavengers.  I read one account in which the claim was made, and attributed to California Attorney General John Van de Kamp, that many bodies were chopped into small pieces and fed to the chickens.  Van de Kamp is also supposed to have said that other bodies were apparently burned in an incinerator beside the house and their bones crushed into malt.  I haven't tried to verify the statements or their supposed source but I'm skeptical of the claim that people were fed to the chickens.  The amount of effort and determination that would be required to reduce a human body to pellet-sized pieces seems to me to be excessive.  I'm not convinced that either Leonard Lake or Charles Ng had the level of "work ethic" that would be required to do such a thing.  However, the disposal of bodies in an incinerator is at least plausible.  What it means is that the fragments that were actually discovered probably don't represent the entire population of victims.  The number of victims beyond that represented by the fragments that were discovered is unknown.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOnly a few bodies were ever identified but between 19 and 25 missing people were reported as being connected in one way or another to either Leonard Lake or to Charles Ng.  Since the number varies, we must therefore suppose that at least some of the so-called connections are uncertain.  I must also note that a connection doesn't necessarily prove anything.  However suggestive it might be, the discovery of someone's stereo equipment in Leonard Lake's cabin at Wilseyville doesn't necessarily prove that the owner of the equipment was killed there or killed by Leonard Lake or Charles Ng.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe list of victims and possible victims that I've accumulated, taken from various sources, includes 19 people.  Police estimated that 21 missing women were shown as victims in videotapes or still photos made by Leonard Lake and Charles Ng.  Only four of the people in my list are women.  Two of them, Kathleen Allen and Brenda O'Connor, are among the women who appeared in the videotapes.  That means that there are 19 women on the videotapes in addition to the people in my list.  Thus, the 19 people in my list plus 19 additional missing women takes the total number of people connected to Leonard Lake and Charles Ng to 38.  That alone calls into question the official estimate.  From the beginning of my investigation, I have believed that the total number of victims was at least 50.  It's just a hunch.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAccording to one report, six of the women identified in the videotapes or still photos were eventually found alive.  I don't know if that report is true but, if it is, then one can't help but wonder if the women escaped or if they were released.  If they escaped, then how did they do it?  If six women escaped, then Leonard Lake and Charles Ng couldn't have been the formidable captors that they were reported to be.  Also, if the women escaped, then why didn't they report their experiences?  Such questions cause me to suspect that, if they were actually found alive later, then they were released.  However, that doesn't make any sense unless the women were in cahoots with Leonard Lake and Charles Ng.  Were the women really captives or were they actresses posing as victims to additionally terrorize the actual victims?  I don't know the answers.  Reportedly, fifteen of the women shown in the videotapes or still photos remain missing.  It only makes the total more difficult to estimate.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere's one other interesting aspect of the disappearances.  Of the 19 people shown in my list as being connected to Leonard Lake and Charles Ng, only five appear in the disappearances reported on The Doe Network website for the years 1984 and 1985 in Northern California.  The list on The Doe Network website is presumably of unexplained disappearances.  Why, then, do five people whose disappearances were presumably explained nevertheless appear in the data for unexplained disappearances?  On the other hand, if those five people are listed then why aren't the other fourteen listed.  It's one more inconsistency in the data.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePresented next is my list, such as it is, accumulated incidentally from various sources.  It includes 19 human beings reported as connected with Leonard Lake and Charles Ng.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Page 3

A List of Victims or Missing People
Accumulated by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageKathleen Allen was an 18-year-old San Jose, California high-school student working part-time in a supermarket.  She met Leonard Lake and Charles Ng through Mike Carroll, reportedly her boyfriend, who had once been Charles Ng's cellmate in prison.  Kathleen Allen was one of the women shown on the videotapes.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLonnie Bond was the registered owner of the license plate that was on the tan 1980 Honda Prelude in which Leonard Lake was sitting when the police first encountered him.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMike Carroll had once been Charles Ng's cellmate in prison.  His driver's license was found at the Wilseyville site.  He was reportedly Kathleen Allen's boyfriend.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePaul Cosner was a 39-year-old a San Francisco car salesman.  On November 2 (or November 5 — reports vary), 1984, Paul Cosner took a man matching Leonard Lake's description on a test drive to sell him a tan 1980 Honda Prelude.  He reportedly told his girlfriend that he was going to show a car that day to "a weird guy".  He was the registered owner of the tan 1980 Honda Prelude in which Leonard Lake was sitting when the police first encountered him.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHarvey Dubs, a San Francisco resident, disappeared on July 25, 1984, along with his wife, Deborah Dubs, and his son, Sean Dubs.  Harvey Dubs was selling video equipment in July of that year and had placed an advertisement in a local newspaper.  Deborah was speaking on the telephone to a friend on July 25 when the doorbell rang.  Deborah told her friend that she had to end the conversation because two men who were interested in the video equipment had arrived.  Harvey, Deborah, and Sean disappeared on that day.  One of the Dubs' neighbors saw an Asian man leave their residence with a box later that day.  The same neighbor observed an unidentified vehicle leaving the Dubs' apartment on July 26, the day after the family disappeared.  The neighbor attempted to follow the car but she lost it in the traffic.  A man identifying himself as Jim Bright called Harvey Dub's employer shortly afterwards and claimed that the family had moved to Washington.  The unidentified man terminated the conversation when Harvey Dub's employer became suspicious.  Video equipment found at the Wilseyville site was traced to Harvey Dubs.  A receipt in Harvey Dubs' name was discovered at the Wilseyville site.  Authorities believe that the Dubs were forcibly abducted from their home and murdered at the Wilseyville site.  Reports differ regarding whether or not the family's remains were identified.  Harvey Dubs, Deborah Dubs, and Sean Dubs were included in The Doe Network website listing.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageJeffrey D. Gerald, a 25-year-old drummer with a traveling band, vanished after helping Charles Ng move some furniture.  Jeffrey D. Gerald was last seen in San Francisco, California on February 24, 1985.  He's one of the individuals named in the indictment against Charles Ng.  He was included in The Doe Network website listing.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDonald Giuletti, a 38-year-old San Francisco disc jockey, answered an ad by an Asian male in a sex tabloid offering free oral sex.  He was found shot three times in the study of his home.  Giuletti's roommate identified the man who visited Giuletti that night as Charles Ng.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCharles Gunnar, a friend of Leonard Lake's, is believed by the authorities to have been murdered by Leonard Lake, although the body was not found.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRandy Jacobson was 34 years old and was described variously in the sources.  One report described him as a homeless Vietnam veteran who was acquainted with Leonard Lake and who may have been recruited to help build the bunker and was then killed because he knew too much.  He was also described as an unemployed drifter.  One report referred to him as a long-haired flower child left over from the 1960s.  According to that report, the thing that attracted Leonard Lake to Randy Jacobson was Jacobson's girlfriend, whom Leonard Lake unsuccessfully tried to seduce.  The girlfriend told investigators that Lake offered her a job as caretaker of a marijuana plantation in Humboldt County, in northern California.  She turned down the job.  The last time that she saw Randy Jacobson
Arrow

Page 4  Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 July 2006

was the day in October of 1984 when he left to sell his 1981 Ford van to Leonard Lake.  When Lake was arrested on June 2, 1985, he had in his possession a bank card belonging to Jacobson.  Eventually, Randy Jacobson's corpse was found under a chicken coop on the ranch along with several other victims.  It was one of the few corpses that officials were able to identify.  He had been shot in the head execution-style with a .22 handgun.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDonald Lake was Leonard Lake's younger brother.  Their mother reported Donald missing after he failed to return from a visit with Leonard in San Bruno, in July of 1983.  Police believe that he was murdered by Leonard Lake, although the body has never been found.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLonnie O'Connor, Brenda O'Connor, and their son were Leonard Lake's nearest neighbors.  Brenda O'Connor didn't trust Leonard Lake and told other local people that she had seen him bury a body in the woods.  Instead of notifying the police, Lonnie O'Connor invited a friend named Robin (or Scott) Stapley to stay with them for added protection.  The four of them haven't been seen since April (or May — reports vary) of 1985.  Brenda O'Connor is one of the women who appeared on the videotape.  Lonnie and Brenda O'Connor and their baby son are believed to have been killed by Leonard Lake and Charles Ng.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCheryl Okoro was 26 years old and was described in one source as a partygoer with an hourglass figure who lived in the fast lane.  A relative of Cheryl Okoro reportedly said that Cheryl survived by marrying illegal aliens who paid her handsomely then divorced her.  That same relative also reportedly said that Leonard Lake had offered to show Cheryl his farm and that she (the relative) had warned Cheryl not to accept the offer.  Police believe that Cheryl Okoro was another victim of Leonard Lake and Charles Ng.  She's one of the victims whose body was reportedly ground into chicken feed.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageClifford Raymond Parenteau was 24 years old.  He was employed at Dennis Moving Company in San Francisco, California in 1985.  Witnesses told authorities that he often argued with one of his coworkers, Charles Ng.  Reports of his disappearance vary.  According to one report, he vanished after winning $400 in a Superbowl pool.  A local bartender reportedly said that the last time that he had seen either Charles Ng or Clifford Parenteau was when they went off together on January 20, 1985 to celebrate Parenteau's good fortune on winning the Superbowl pool.  According to another report, Parenteau went missing on January 18, 1985 after telling his girlfriend that "Charlie" had invited him to Lake Tahoe.  Some days later, Parenteau's boss received a letter asking him to send Parenteau's pay check to a postal box.  Several of Parenteau's personal belongings were discovered in an apartment owned by Charles Ng.  Some were discovered in Lake's cabin at Wilseyville.  He was identified on the videotapes by relatives and is presumed to be a victim of Leonard Lake and Charles Ng.  Clifford Parenteau is one of the individuals who was named in the indictment against Charles Ng.  He also appeared in The Doe Network website listing.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRobin (or Scott) Stapley was, according to one report, 26 years old.  According to another report, he was 24 years old.  He was reportedly the founder of San Diego's Guardian Angels chapter.  He was invited by Lonnie O'Connor to stay with the O'Connor family as added protection because Brenda O'Connor didn't trust Leonard Lake, who was their nearest neighbor.  Neither the O'Connor's nor Robin Stapley have been seen since April (or May — reports vary) of 1985.  Charles Ng reportedly said that he had helped Leonard Lake bury Stapley, who had been missing for several weeks when Leonard Lake was arrested on June 2, 1985.  When Leonard Lake was first approached by the police, he gave his name as Robin Stapley and had a driver's license in that name.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMaurice Wock was reportedly an excellent guitarist and the life of the party whenever he and his allegedly drug-addicted friends got together.  He was a negro and reportedly a hippie-type individual with braided hair and gold emblems and chains dangling from his neck.  He's one of the victims whose body was reportedly ground into chicken feed.Gun

Page 5

Frontiersman 
1510 North 22nd Drive
Show Low, Arizona   85901 

You don't feel the
tyranny of the U.S.
government until you
try to resist it.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  Sir James the Bold;  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  Lord Jeffrey the Studious; and Jon, of Oroville, California.
— editor

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'd like to open a health food store in your area.  Do people there eat much health food?

— Dedicated
Dear Dedicated
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHeck, if you just put enough salt, butter, and sugar on health food you can make it taste almost as good as real food.

Lines to Make You Smile
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Sir Donald the Elusive.
NyQuil, the stuffy, sneezy, why-the-heck-is-the-room-spinning medicine.
God must love stupid people.  He made so many of them.
The human gene pool could use a little chlorine.
Consciousness:  that annoying time between naps.
Did you ever stop to think and then forget to start again?
A hangover is the wrath of grapes.Infinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You can also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I prefer cash, U.S. postage stamps, prepaid telephone cards, and so forth.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use frontiersman@pharos.pricelesshost.net.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 6  Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 July 2006

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue