15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, October 2007
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy name is John Fitzgerald Byers.  I was named after our 35th president, and I keep having this beautiful dream.  In my dream, the events of November 22nd, 1963, never happened.  In it, my namesake was never assassinated.  Other things are different, too, in my dream.  My country is hopeful and innocent;  young again.  Young in spirit.  My fellow citizens trust their elected officials, never once having been betrayed by them.  My government is truly "of the people, by the people, for the people".  All my hopes for my country, for myself...  all are fulfilled.  I have everything a person could want;  home and family...  and love.  Everything that counts for anything in life...  I have it.  But the dream ends the same way every time.  I lose it all.

— John Fitzgerald Byers, of The X-Files and The Lone Gunmen

Government in Distress
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSince before I began writing this newsletter, I've been affixing U.S. flag stamps to my mail upside down.  In the maritime tradition, flying a ship's flag upside down is recognized as a sign of distress.  Thus, to display the U.S. flag upside down is to declare, by analogy, that the U.S. government is in distress.  Most people who display the flag upside down are indicating a desire to do something to relieve the distress.  My purpose is very different.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe U.S. government is the most powerful, the most arrogant, and the most brutal terrorist organization on Earth.  It has occupied America, enslaved Americans, and obstructed the fundamental principles of liberty for which America should have been a haven.  It's a tool of aggression for a gang of thugs and cutthroats who are intent upon spreading their vile domination to all of the peoples of the Earth.  It's the enemy of anybody, anywhere who seeks liberty.  It's my enemy.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAmong my various goals are the termination of the U.S. government and the restoration of liberty upon this continent.  Thus, when I display the U.S. flag upside down, it doesn't signify a desire to relieve the distress.  It doesn't represent a sense of regret or of despair.  The greater is the distress of the U.S. government, the greater is the hope that it will soon be gone.  When I display the flag upside down, it declares a sense of hope.  I hope that I might live long enough to see the U.S. government end.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Position
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDuring my years with the Constitutional Patriots, one lesson that I learned is that you can't divest yourself of obligations to a government all at once.  If you try to do it cold turkey, then you'll fail.  Within a month or two, you'll be back at the government's door, hat in hand, begging for your numbers back.  If you're to succeed, then you must first position yourself.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've been without obligations to any government for about 20 years.  When I went through the divestment process, I didn't have a good procedure to follow.  I had to make it up as I went along.  However, I can provide a plan for anybody who wants to do it now.  Here's the plan.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe biggest step in your divestment of obligations to government, the most difficult single step, will be to divest yourself of your driver's license.  Here's how to do it.  Make a complete list of all of the reasons why you can't live without the driver's license.  When the list is complete, copy all of the items from the first list to a new list, in the order of difficulty.  That is, put the least difficult item to resolve at the top and the most difficult item to resolve at the bottom.  Then, label the new list "Goals".
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageStart resolving the items on the new list, beginning at the top.  By the time you've resolved all of the items on the list, you'll have positioned yourself.  Then, you'll be able to live without the driver's license.  You'll be able to cancel it and make the cancellation permanent.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.my3website.net.

October 2007 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901      Page 1

Facing the Truth
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFor more than 30 years, I've been trying to restore liberty on this continent.  Because I had been brainwashed in the government schools, I began by writing letters to various officials.  Eventually, I realized that the letters weren't useful, so I tried something different.  I joined the Libertarian Party and tried to get Libertarian candidates elected.  Eventually, I realized that it was pointless, so I tried something different.  I began to work with the Constitutional Patriots, and sought a judicial remedy.  Eventually, I noticed that the courts are a part of the problem and won't rule against themselves.  So, I tried something different.  Taking my case directly to "the people", I began to write essays.  The associated learning process completed the removal of my brainwashing and helped me to correctly understand the necessary doctrine.  However, I couldn't get people to read the essays.  Therefore, I tried something different.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI started this newsletter.  I kept each issue short, hoping to accommodate the stunted attention spans of people who'd been brainwashed in the government schools.  The newsletter is an ongoing expense in both time and materials. Over the years, my pleas for support have gone largely unanswered so I've borne the burden mostly alone.  For the past couple of years, I've been sending out renewal cards, one per month, to existing subscribers.  The cards are postage-paid and self-addressed.  Each card already has the subscriber's name and address printed on it.  The subscribers to whom I send the cards don't have to even touch pen to paper to continue their subscriptions. All they have to do is mail the cards.  So far, only three cards have been returned.  So, it appears that the newsletter isn't a useful political strategy.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSeveral years after I started the newsletter, I started Pharos.  On it, I posted all of the essays and all of the back issues of the newsletter.  About a year ago, I started The Frontiersman Website.  I moved all of the back issues of the newsletter from Pharos to The Frontiersman Website.  However, according to the visit counters, the visits to the websites are almost entirely my own, maintaining the websites.  Thus, the websites don't appear to be useful.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy efforts might have been wasted, so far, but my work is credible and legitimate.  It's the most important writing that's been done, anywhere in the world, for several hundred years.  Among other things, I've proven the evil and destructive nature of the banking and financial system.  I've created a definition of the common rights of men, which rights had never before been properly defined.  I've declared the difference between rights and privileges, and noted the sacrifice of the former in favor of the latter.  I've declared the difference between freedom and permission, and noted the replacement of the former by the latter.  I've proven the illegitimacy of the U.S. Constitution.  I've commented upon the arrogant brutality of the U.S. government and upon the failures of the schools.  I've itemized some of the fundamental principles of liberty, explained their proper effect, and noted its absence.  I've made the most important political statement that has ever been made, anywhere, ever.  That statement is this: "The legitimate boundaries of lawful government are not geographical.  They are contractual." An understanding of that deceptively simple statement changes everything.  So, my work has been well done.  That it has been ignored isn't an indictment of the work, but of the people.  If I die without further accomplishment, then my life will nevertheless have been well spent.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI kind of like writing the newsletter so maybe I'll continue it for a while, just because I feel like doing it.  In that case, I'll publish issues when I'm pleased to do so.  Since the subscribers don't seem to care one way or the other, I might not concern myself with political relevance.  Maybe I'll just print whatever comes to mind.  I've mostly been doing that anyway but maybe, from now on, different things will come to mind.  Maybe I won't even bother.  I'm 61 years old and I can think of a lot of other things to do for pleasure during my remaining years.  In either case, new subscriptions will no longer be automatically available.  The newsletter will still be free but, effective immediately, subscriptions are available by application only.  If an applicant doesn't provide a good reason for wanting a subscription, then I won't give him one.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

Page 2 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901  October 2007

Lobbyist Turnabout
Satire by Jim Sullivan
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWashington DC — A small but powerful lobbyist group has dropped that word from all of its advertising and has designated itself "The Hour Men," according to an unnamed industry source.  Moreover, they have influenced legislation to be enacted that lobbyists, so-called, shall be banned forever from the U.S. Capital city, from State capitals, and from any and all seats of local governments.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe premise for this harsh legislation is to save the country from so many lobbyists.  Such people, according to another unnamed source, this time within the federal government, have pedaled influence for those who paid enormous sums to have certain viewpoints represented.  As a consequence, lobbyists have been wreaking havoc for decades in the political process within and without the United States.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAll branches of federal, state, and local government, therefore, have become far too responsive to lobbyists representing corporations, institutions, and other organizations.  This has left the average U.S. citizen with little or no influence over the political representatives.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTherefore, these influence peddlers, lobbyists in other words, under the new legislation are being rounded up and detained at internment centers in various remote locations inside the state of Montana.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn that jurisdiction, a multitude of non-torture tactics, like waterboarding, loud music, and being put in uncomfortable positions (stood on their head, hoisted in the air with ropes attached to their wrists, spread-eagled on a concrete floor with speed bumps under their torsos), are being employed to get these predatory capitalists to confess to their high crimes and misdemeanors in influence peddling.  Once such persons admit to actually lobbying government authorities, a large, green, capital letter "L" is tattooed on their foreheads.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAfterwards, the self-confessed perpetrators are shipped via UPS to a retraining center in Idaho.  They will remain there for a year during which the tattooed individuals will pick potatoes and be taught daily lessons in how to live away from government officials, those who want influence with them, and free goodies.  Once adequately trained, such former lobbyists will be released into general society.  Though they may do anything they would like to do to earn a living (including picking potatoes), they are forbidden from ever again dealing with governments or with those in authority in big business.  The non-lobbying American population knows full well that they should have no dealings, flirtations, or conversations with those tattooed with the letter "L."  Moreover, former lobbyists may never again have any free lunches, golf outings, vacations at pricey resorts, Caribbean or Hawaiian cruises, travel of any kind, beer, booze, or wine of any brand, etc.  Such persons must forevermore pay personally for everything they get.  Yes, such treatment brings yelps of true pain, but it's for their own good.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"The U.S. citizen will be much better off for the preceding having occurred," says a representative of The Hour Men, the only group now legally allowed to pedal influence to government agencies for business and industry sources.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Letter to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI received the Aug 07 — Frontiersman — excellent article!!  I "feel" things coming together, and have a vague sense of chaos on the horizon.  I pray that all is well with you & tell Jim Sullivan, his ideas that are logical & intelligent are never implemented by bureaucracies."  (ie:  your page 1 article!!)  [Thug Togetherness —editor]  "No bureauRat ever voted himself out of a job!!"  — Take Care — Sincerely

— a prisoner
Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThou Shalt Not Come Here — I don't think that the Bible says, "Thou shalt not ride a skateboard at church".  Nevertheless, there sure seem to be a lot of churches that prohibit kids from riding skateboards in the church parking lot.  The people at those same churches whine that kids don't like to go to church.  Well?  Duh?  If you impose enough restrictions on them, then they'll go somewhere else.  I think that an occasional scratch in the paint on some stuffed-shirt's car in the church parking lot is a small price to pay for having young people in the church.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

October 2007 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901      Page 3

Frontiersman 
1510 North 22nd Drive
Show Low, Arizona   85901 

You cannot change the past.
However, you can change yourself
and, thereby, the future.
—June 13, 1989
Milam's Notes
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  Sir James the Bold;  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  Lord Jeffrey the Studious;  my mother; Sir John the Generous;  Sir Donald the Elusive;  and Millie, of Baltimore, Maryland.
— editor

Bible Questions and Answers
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by ccrandal.
Q Who is the greatest baby-sitter mentioned in the Bible?
A David.  He rocked Goliath to sleep.
Q Noah's ark was built in 3 levels.  The top level had windows to let in light.  How did they get light to the two lower levels?
A They used floodlights.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Request for Help
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm looking for someplace else to live.  I'll need at least 700 sq. ft. of floor space plus kitchen, laundry, and bathroom facilities.  I'll need access to the U.S. mail, a telephone line, and the internet.  I'll need to have my moving expenses paid and I'll need a legal arrangement, such as a trust, whereby I can live there for the rest of my life if the owner dies before I do.  I want to live alone.  I lack the means to pay rent so donated accommodations would be welcome.  As an alternative, I'm willing to do something in trade.  I don't know what would be appropriate but I'm willing to discuss it.  Please contact me if you have, or if you know of, the possibility of such an arrangement.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubscriptions and Back Issues — Printed copies of this newsletter, either subscriptions or back issues, are available by application only.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, then print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You can also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.my3website.net.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc. 
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4  Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901  October 2007

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue