15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, February 2008
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
No Thank You for the Offer
G. W. Brown
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDo you constantly get a mailbox full of junk mail consisting of offers for mortgages, credit cards, loans, get-rich-quick deals, and dozens of other things that you trash as fast as you see them?  If you are like me, then you get three kinds of mail.  You get a lot of junk mail, a lot of bills, and the occasional piece of mail that you actually want.  It's getting so bad that my trash can actually overflows.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMost people don't realize that it's rude to not answer all of your mail.  Until you reply to the venders, you are letting all of them waste their money on you with offer after offer which you never acknowledge.  You owe them a response even if they pay just a few cents to mail the offer to you.  Rather than throw the offers in the trash, I return them.  There's always an addressed envelope inside that says No Postage Necessary.  I just place everything back in the envelope with a note saying "No Thank You!"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSeveral things happen when I do that.  It costs them extra to get the response back, especially if I stuffed the return envelope heavily.  One of their employees is tied up processing a dud offer.  After a few such returns, they will gladly remove my name from their mailing lists.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageJust imagine if everyone did this.  Junk mail would no longer be cost effective and would cease.  Now, if I could just figure a way to stop the bills.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Virus
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAre you tired of receiving all of that junk mail?  Here's a way to solve the problem and get just a little satisfaction at the same time.  This idea is one of those rare instances when you can truly "use the system against itself".
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen you receive junk mail from Company A, save it.  When you receive junk mail from Company B, it's time for action.  Go find the Company A junk mail and open both sets.  Find the return card from each one.  If there isn't a return card, then use your address label from the envelope.  In either case, mark a change of address for each company.  For Company A, change your address to the address of Company B.  For company B, change your address to the address of company A.  Mail the changes of address.  From then on, Company A will send your junk mail to Company B, and vice versa.  In effect, you will have created a junk mail virus.  Every time that one of the companies sells its mailing list the virus will reproduce.  The junk mail advertising system doesn't have any antibodies against the virus.  That's because mail at each company is received by some clerk who'll find it much easier to simply trash the unwanted stuff rather than to send a notice cancelling it.  Your phoney addresses will multiply and circulate for all time to come, or at least until the companies go broke from sending useless junk mail to each other.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePolitical Pun — The conservatives might be right but the liberals are all that's left.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Mission — It isn't the job of the military to behave according to the values of civilian society.  It isn't the job of the military to reflect the composition of civilian society.  It's the job of the military to defend the country.  If the presence, in the military, of women or homosexuals or members of any other such group of whiners detracts from the ability of the military to do its job, then the values or the composition of society are sorry excuses for forcing the military to include those whiners within its ranks.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.my3website.net.

February 2008 Frontiersman, c/o 2305 W. Sylvester Circle, Show Low, Arizona  85901      Page 1

Bad News
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSome time ago, I got tired of wasting my time by watching the network news.  It's a waste of time not just because of what's reported but also because of what isn't reported.  Since I'm temporarily living in a house where the owners watch the network news, I sometimes overhear reports that are particularly annoying.  I heard one such report back in December of 2007.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAt first, I was paying only marginal attention to the news report.  Thus, I can't give the location in which the reported incident occurred.  However, I paid better attention after I noticed what was being reported.  Here's what was reported.  Some gestapo thug, uh, sorry, a policeman stopped a motorist for a routine harassment, er, traffic violation.  Before the thug (darn it!) cop was finished, he'd arrested the man for some unrelated crime for which the man was wanted.  The report gave the impression that the cop was a national hero for nabbing the guy and had performed a great service to the nation.  The report neglected to mention some important aspects of the situation.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFirst, the cop stopped a man who wasn't causing any harm.  He was only ignoring some arbitrary and probably pointless traffic rule.  However, the cop made a presumption of guilt and required the man to identify himself.  Face it.  An innocent man going about his own business doesn't need to identify himself.  The man wouldn't have been required to identify himself if the cop hadn't made a presumption of guilt.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBy forcing the man to identify himself, the cop required the man to provide information that might be used against him.  By the way, being forced to provide that information was also a violation of the more general principle that the man should have had the option of remaining completely silent, that is, of not providing any information at all, regardless of whether or not it might be used against him.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAfter the man had been forced to provide information that might be use against him, the cop used the information against him.  That is, he checked to see if the man was wanted for anything.  If the cop suspected that the man was wanted, then it should have been the responsibility of the cop to prove it, without demanding that the man do it for him.  The accuser (cop) should always bear the burden of proof.  The accused ought never to be compelled to prove his guilt or to provide information that might enable the accuser to prove it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo, several of the fundamental principles of liberty were violated by an armed thug (cop) who's protected from liability because such violations, if they're ever investigated at all, are investigated by other armed thugs, usually in the Internal Affairs Department of the police force.  The news report didn't mention that, either.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere you have some good reasons why the network news people ought to all be horsewhipped.  Those in management positions should be sent to clear some of the land mines that litter various parts of the world.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Letters to the Editor
Dear Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI recently read an "Interview w/Noam Chompsky" in Nov 2007 "Z-" Magazine (ps 29-34) in regards to the definition of a "Terrorist".  According to the Nuremberg Trials, BUSH is a terrorist, worse than Hitler's yet we don't discuss it or talk about it, cause it's in our country.  Only "others" can be terrorists as we do not accept the "universality" of the definition!  I do not understand why the MEDIA refuses to talk about it & call a "spade a spade" — TRUTH has no relevance in our culture today.  I am coming to believe that most US Slaves do not want freedom!!  That is why they accept the Moral Hypocrisy of the "Powers That Be".  How can a whole SOCIETY believe they have survival rights when their whole existence is based upon FRAUD??
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt is beyond my comprehension that a whole society chooses to operate this way!  This goes way beyond the refusal to see the TRUTH, as it is all over the internet.  This constitutes a conscious choice to be EVIL!  (for comfort!) and make others "pay" for it.  Sorry, I choose not to partake of the FRAUD any longer!!!! 
— a prisoner

Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHere's hoping for a better 2008.
— Joseph;  Northridge, California
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

Page 2 Frontiersman, c/o 2305 W. Sylvester Circle, Show Low, Arizona  85901  February 2008

Request for Help
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA Summary of My Situation — As of this writing, I'm still living in borrowed quarters.  I'm sitting my computer on the end of the dining room table to do such work as I'm able to do.  I've made a temporary arrangement for dialup internet access but I'm limited to using it only late at night.  James Majeski has allowed me to remove from the Trust property most of my various possessions.  So far, he's refused to return my microwave oven, two of my kitchen chairs, my Craftsman circle saw, and two of my tarps.  I haven't had an opportunity to sort through the items that I was able to remove so I don't know if there are other items that he's kept.  He's also attempting to hold me responsible for poor construction that was done by a sleazy contractor that he hired, failed to supervise, and then allowed to walk away with most of the remaining funds.  Finally, I'm afraid that he might sneak into the adjacent yard, where my possessions are temporarily stored on a neighbor's back porch, and steal them or damage them.  The neighbor gave me permission to post "No Trespassing" signs near the property boundary.  I posted such a sign twice.  Both times, James snuck onto the property and removed the sign.  He's been showing his true colors a lot lately.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA Summary of My Needs — I need someplace else to live.  I previously had an offer from a concerned family member to buy a house for me in this vicinity.  That offer has been withdrawn.  The cost of a small mobile home on a small lot in this area begins at about $60,000 and goes up from there.  I'm hereby requesting contributions toward the acquisition of such property or the actual acquisition of the property for me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'll need at least 700 sq. ft. of floor space plus kitchen, laundry, and bathroom facilities.  That's about what's available in a 14x60 single-wide mobile home.  I'll need access to the U.S. mail, a telephone line, and the internet.  Due to my undocumented status, I'll need for someone else to legally own the place.  That being the case, I'll need some kind of an arrangement, such as a trust or a will, whereby I'll be authorized to stay in the place for the rest of my life if the owner dies before I do.  I'll need for the authorization to be effective without the need for me to show government ID, which I lack.  Sharing space with another person has always caused problems.  Therefore, I don't want to share the space.  I want to live alone.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePlease contact me if you can provide such an arrangement or if you can provide contributions toward such an arrangement.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
The Dying Priest's Last Wish
As Retold by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA priest was dying.  From his death bed, he requested the presence of two people from among his congregation.  He said that he wanted to see a banker and a tax accountant.  The members of his family who were in attendance were puzzled but they nevertheless did the best that they could to accommodate him.  They spent the afternoon searching through the various records that the priest kept in his office at the church until they located the names and the telephone numbers of a banker and of a tax accountant.  Since the priest had a large congregation, they were able to locate one of each.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageEarly the next day, the priest was weakening rapidly but the banker and the tax accountant both arrived while he was still alive.  In a very weak but still audible voice, the priest requested that they sit in chairs beside his bed, one on each side.  Once they were seated, everybody waited to see what would happen next.  Finally, the tax accountant asked, "Well, Father, what is it that you'd like for us to do for you?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Nothing," replied the Priest.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Well, then," asked the banker, "why did you want us here?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Simple," answered the Priest.  "Christ died between two thieves and I want to do the same."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Old Timer's Lore
Overheard by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMacho Woman — I heard this definition way back during the early 1970s.  A macho woman is a woman who rolls her own tampons, kick-starts her vibrator, and suck-starts her Harley.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI didn't make it up.  I'm just passing it on. 10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

February 2008 Frontiersman, c/o 2305 W. Sylvester Circle, Show Low, Arizona  85901      Page 3

Frontiersman 
c/o 2305 W. Sylvester Circle
Show Low, Arizona   85901 

Don't feel sorry for the police.  Their job is supposed to be difficult.  Otherwise, you're living in a police state.
— August 28, 1974
Milam's Notes
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  Lord Jeffrey the Studious;  my mother;  Ernie and Claire, of Show Low, Arizona;  Jules, of Tucson, Arizona;  and Joseph, of Northridge, California.
— editor
Church Clippings
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday:
"I Upped My Pledge — Up Yours."
Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church.  Please use the large double door at the side entrance.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Duck
Author Unknown
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDid you hear about the veterinarian who refused to treat ducks because he didn't like for his patients to call him a quack?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Reasons for Men to be Cheerful
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
Your last name stays the same.
The garage is all yours.
Wedding plans take care of themselves.
Chocolate is just another snack.
You can be president.
Car mechanics tell you the truth.
You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park. 10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubscriptions and Back Issues — Printed copies of this newsletter, either subscriptions or back issues, are available by application only.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, then print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You can also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.my3website.net.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc. 
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4  Frontiersman, c/o 2305 W. Sylvester Circle, Show Low, Arizona  85901  February 2008

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue