15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, July 2009
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
The Pen Becomes the Sword
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe information quoted in this article is from an article titled Active Thermitic Material Discovered in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center Catastrophe, which appeared in The Open Chemical Physics Journal, 2009, Volume 2, by Harrit et al.  The last time that I checked (Sunday, May 31, 2009), the article was available for download as a 9.9 Mb, 25 page, PDF file at http://www.bentham.org/open/tocpj/openaccess2.htm.

5.  Can Super-Thermite be Handled Safely?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe April 2000 report by Gash et al. states:
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"The nature of the wet nanocomposites also affords an additional degree of safety.  In our hands, the wet pyrotechnic nanocomposites cannot be ignited until the drying process is complete.  This property should allow the production of a large quantity of the pyrotechnics that can be stored safely for some time and dried shortly before its use" [19].
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSafe handling of the malleable sol-gel material allows easy coating of surfaces (such as steel), which the same group, in a subsequent report, says they have achieved.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"The sol-gel process is very amenable to dip-, spin-, and spray-coating technologies to coat surfaces.  We have utilized this property to dipcoat various substrates to make sol-gel Fe2O3/Al/Viton coatings.  The energetic coating dries to give a nice adherent film."  "We have prepared fine powders, pressed pellets, cast monoliths, and thin films of the hybrid inorganic/organic energetic nanocomposite" [25]. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThus, the energetic nano-composite can be sprayed or even "painted" onto surfaces, effectively forming an energetic or even explosive paint....
—quoted from page 26

6.  What is the Energy Release of Super-Thermite Compared to Conventional Explosives?15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA graph in an article on nanostructured energetic materials [21] shows that the energy/volume yield for Al/Fe2O3 composite material exceeds that of TNT, HMX and TATB explosives commonly used in demolitions (see Fig. (30)).
—quoted from page 27
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe substance discussed in the article can be formulated as a stable liquid and applied like paint.  It becomes explosive after it dries.  Graffiti takes on a whole new meaning.  Another idea recently occurred to me.1  If the substance can be formulated to behave like paint, then it can probably also be formulated to behave like ink.  That gives a whole new meaning to the idea of a letter bomb.  Indeed, any printed material might be explosive.  The government might have a whole new method of eliminating people who are considered to be threats to the government.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
 ^ 
Thursday, May 28, 2009

How to Have Some Fun
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Jan, of Sulphur, Louisiana.
• Five days in advance, tell your friends that you can't attend their party because you have a headache.
• Specify that your drive-through order is "to go".
• Skip down the hall rather than walking and see how many "looks" you get.
• Every time that someone asks you to do something, ask him if he wants fries with it.
• When the money comes out of the ATM, scream "I Won!  I Won!"
• Whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face, order diet water.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
A White Man's Notes
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere's only one way to make men and women have equal rights.  That is to make neither men nor women have any rights at all.  Such has been an important achievement of the feminists.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageMale Symbol
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.my3website.net.

July 2009 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 1

Digital Downgrade
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn April of this year, Comcast took advantage of the digital conversion in broadcast television to accomplish a service downgrade.  It was called a service upgrade.  It was a service downgrade.  Here's the situation.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've been using the basic cable service.  Thus, the cable from Comcast was connected to the back of my VCR.  It was a convenient arrangement.  The VCR has a tuner and is programmable.  The programming capability of the VCR allows me to select a different channel for each program that I write in the VCR.  Before the service downgrade, and if I used the six-hour recording speed, I could record as many as 12 different 30-minute shows, on 12 different channels, or three different two-hour movies, on three different channels, completely unattended.  Since the service downgrade, that's all ruined.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAs a so-called service upgrade, Comcast required me to add a digital converter to the end of their cable.  If I failed to do so, then I'd lose over half of the channels that had previously been available on the basic service.  I'd be left with only channels 2 through 13.  Now, the Comcast cable connects to their digital converter.  Another cable goes from their digital converter to my VCR.  The problem is that the Comcast digital converter has a tuner.  Because of that, my VCR must always stay tuned to channel 3.  Now, when I write programs into the VCR, they all must record channel 3.  I must remember (and be at home and awake to do it) to manually change the channel on the digital converter before each show that I want to record.  If I'm not at home or if I'm asleep, then I can't do it at all.  If I am at home and awake, then I still have to remember not only to do it but also when to do it and which channel to select.  It makes automatic recording, using the programming capability of my VCR, almost impossible.  The likelihood of recording the wrong show approaches certainty.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThey didn't have to do it that way.  They could have provided a digital converter that didn't include a tuner.  It could have decoded (or whatever it does) their signal and just passed all of the channels through to its output.  Then I could still have used the tuner in my VCR.  If they had to include a tuner in the digital converter, then they ought to at least have made it programmable.  Then, I could have programmed the sequence of channels into their digital converter.  It would have been much more complicated to program both my VCR and their digital converter and to keep the programs coordinated.  The likelihood of making an error would still have been high, but at least it would have been theoretically possible to do unattended recordings.  With the present arrangement, they've completely disabled my ability to make unattended recordings on multiple channels.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf the people at Comcast really believe that what they did was a service upgrade, then they're too stupid to be running a cable system.  If they actually understand what they did, and they still call it a service upgrade, then they're too dishonest to be running a cable system.  I believe that the second situation is true.  I believe that they know exactly what they're doing.  They're trying to make it impossible for me to record shows.  They're just too dishonest to admit their true agenda.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Speedbird 206:  Frankfurt
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe German controllers at Frankfurt Airport were a short-tempered lot.  They not only expected you to know your parking location but how to get there without any assistance from them.  So it was with some amusement that we listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground and British Airways PanAm 747 (radio call Speedbird 206) after landing.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSpeedbird 206:  "Good morning Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of the active."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGround:  "Good Morning, taxi to your gate."  The 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and stopped.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGround:  "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSpeedbird 206:  "Stand by, ground, I'm looking up the gate location now."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGround (impatiently):  "Speedbird 206, have you never flown to Frankfurt before?"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSpeedbird 206 (coolly):  "Yes, in 1944.  But I didn't stop."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

Page 2 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  July 2009

Good News, Bad News
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn April of this year, I went to the Good News Clinics, in Gainesville, Georgia and asked the lady at the front desk how much they'd charge me to clean and examine my teeth.  She told me that they don't do cleaning and examinations, only extractions and fillings.  I told her that I'd try to find someplace else to get the examination and asked her what they'd charge if I need any fillings.  She informed me that they require photo ID.  I told her that I don't have any photo ID, that I'm undocumented.  After that, she wouldn't give me any further information.  I told her that I'd pay in cash but all that she'd do was to repeat the statement that they require photo ID.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSuch an ID requirement violates at least four of the fundamental principles of liberty.1
The Presumption of Innocence Principle
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf someone wants to know who I am, then all that he has to do is to ask me and I'll tell him.  I insist on being presumed innocent.  I don't need to provide any documentation to prove my identity.  When I tell someone who I am, he must assume that I'm telling the truth.
The Burden of Proof Principle
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn all accusations, the accuser must bear the burden of proof.  That means that if someone has some probable cause to believe that I'm lying about my identity, and if he thinks that it matters (I don't), then it's up to him to prove it.  I don't have to prove to him that I'm not lying.  He has to prove to me that I am lying, and he has to do it without my help.
The Self Incrimination Principle
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn response to an accusation that I'm lying about my identity, I don't have to provide any information that might be used against me.  That includes photo ID, which is clearly information and which obviously might be used against me.
The Silence Principle
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI can choose to remain silent and I can remain silent in the broadest sense of the concept.  That means that I don't have to provide any information at all, whether or not it might be used against me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTotalitarianism doesn't need armies.  It only needs to control a couple of things.  The media, and the ability to dispense privilege to some and to withhold it from others....
—the last president of the United States
in the miniseries Amerika
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAn ID requirement is a tool for the control of privileges.  In this country today, such control is close to absolute.  Without government ID, I can't get a job, own or drive a car, open a bank account, get a marriage license, vote, have insurance, rent a tool, or do most of the other things that a man ought to be able to do.  As demonstrated by Good News Clinics, I can't even get dental services without government ID.  No doubt, the people at Good News Clinics help some people who need it, but only if those people are authorized by government ID.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere are good reasons for objecting to a requirement for government ID.  Such ID is a powerful tool for a police state.  It enables the government to know exactly where a man is, where he works, what he earns, where he banks, how he travels, the condition of his health, what medicines he takes, what he eats, and so forth.  Apartheid didn't have a better ID system than the one that presently exists in this country.  Hitler himself would be green with envy at the present system of ID.  My teeth can rot before I'll become a part of a system of documentation and surveillance that enables the government to track and observe every aspect of a man's entire life.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
 ^ 
The Fundamental Principles of Liberty, Tuesday, June 16, 1992, Sam Aurelius Milam III

Management Potential
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSeveral years ago, we had an Intern who wasn't particularly bright.  One day she was typing, turned to a secretary, and said, "I'm almost out of typing paper.  What should I do?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Just use copy machine paper," said the secretary.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe intern took her last remaining blank piece of typing paper, put it on the photocopier, copied five new pieces of typing paper, and took them back to her typewriter.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

July 2009 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 3

Frontiersman 
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
—Winston Churchill
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  my mother;  Dewey and Betty;  and Joseph, of Northridge, California.
— editor
Court Quotes
From Humor in the Court and More Humor in the Court, by Mary Louise Gilman, editor of the National Shorthand Reporter.  Forwarded by Don G.
Q: What is your date of birth?
A: July fifteenth.
Q: What year?
A: Every year.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Doctor Goofs
Actual statements that doctors wrote on patients' charts.
• The patient refused an autopsy.
• The patient has no past history of suicides.
• Patient has left his white blood cells at another hospital.
• Patient's past medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.
• While in the ER, she was examined, X-rated and sent home.
• She is numb from her toes down.
• Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubscriptions and Back Issues — Printed copies of this newsletter, either subscriptions or back issues, are available by application only.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, then print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You can also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash, prepaid telephone cards, or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.my3website.net.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc. 
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4  Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  July 2009

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue