PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, March 2013
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
The Diary of Cyber Sleuth:  Day Three
Fiction by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's been about a month.  Hell.  No.  Look at the calendar.  It's been three months.  Been busy.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI still have a work load in NSA but it's beginning to interfere with things that I'd rather do.  Also, I like it less and less, the kinds of things that the bosses make me do.  I'm going to fix that.  Both of those things.  The work load and the kinds of things.  Don't know how yet but I'll do it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFigured I'd start at the beginning so I did some more work orders and etc and got myself my own internet connection.  I still use the standard connection for NSA stuff, just so the bosses can spy on what I'm doing.  Keeps them happy.  That's in my old office, which is still there.  I use my private connection for my own stuff, in my conference room.  Now, understand this.  I didn't get the connection in that conference room the normal way.  I went into the ISP computers myself, set it all up, they never even knew they were getting a new customer.  Erased all records of the transaction.  Account is completely invisible.  So, my private internet connection is active, free, permanent, and completely unknown to anybody.  Child's play, if you know how.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAfter that was working, I started a small cash flow from a black project that I found, some kind of big joint thing between DOD over here and MOD in the UK, big one that nobody's supposed to know about.  No oversight on it, no visibility, huge black budget, nobody'll ever notice a few dollars leaking into my account, via 30 or so different locations along the way.  Even if they notice, they'll never trace it to the account.  I have so many traps, gaps, and blind alleys along the way that nobody'll ever be able to find where the funds are going, even if they notice that they're going, which they won't.  I should note here that I have my own way of describing things.  Wannabe hackers can call them what they want.  I call them traps, gaps, blind alleys, skids, and so forth.  Anyway, every penny that leaves the project by way of my leak is designated as a very small increase in the cost of some randomly selected item in the project's budget.  They'll never notice.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGotta go.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageCyber Sleuth

The Diary of Cyber Sleuth:  Day Four
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSeveral months again.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've spent the past several months working on a bright idea.  I developed it completely quarantined from the internet.  Didn't want to take any chance at all of the thing getting loose before I knew I could control it.  After I was sure, I turned it loose.  What I did was to create what I imagine is the first ever real time real live internet animal.  Well, living thing.  Animal?  Plant?  I guess not, but it's alive.  It lives in the internet.  Saw something like it once on X-Files but this is real.  I call him Cyber Dog.  He does things of his own volition, grows, learns, Hell, I hope not but maybe even reproduces.  Have to watch that.  Wouldn't want him to turn into a plague.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHe's a very capable program.  He started out small but I soon figured out that he can do almost anything that I tell him to do.  He can sure enough do all of the routine things.  That leaves me the pleasure of doing the interesting stuff.  I doubt if anybody will ever find Cyber Dog because he doesn't exist in just one place.  He exists in hundreds, hell, maybe by now in thousands or even millions of places around the world.  His main directory program keeps track of it.  I don't have him on my computer here.  He stores himself in bits and pieces in thousands of computers, maybe millions of computers.  He has all of the skids that I developed over my years of work at NSA so he can get into any computer that I ever hacked, assuming something didn't change in the meantime.  He also has all of the standard basic hack techniques.  Of course, he doesn't have the attitude.  He's just an animal.  Well, sort of an animal.  Anyway, he stores a bit of himself in Joe's computer, a piece of himself in Sally's computer, some more of himself at Bank of America, and so on.  Sure, bits and pieces of him disap-
Arrow

March 2013 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

pear.  People throw away their computers.  Sometimes people reformat drives.  Some disk utilities erase blank space.  No problem.  Cyber Dog keeps bits and pieces of himself on lots of computers.  Lots of redundancy.  If his code tries to link to the next instruction or data bit and it isn't there, then he knows another place where he stored that same piece of code.  He's nowhere.  He's everywhere.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI decided that one leak from one black project wasn't sufficient.  Redundancy.  So, I have several leaks from several black projects.  Cyber Dog manages my flows of funds and anything else that I want him to do.  Within his limits.  The only problem is the leash.  That's how I stay connected to him and stay in control of him.  We send bundles, packets as some people call them, of information via the leash.  Different bundles go by different routes, travel through different locations.  The leash isn't physical, of course, it's just a way of thinking about the data transfer process.  Anyway, bundles to me get reassembled into a message in the dog house in one of my computers, a communications program that I wrote for that purpose.  Bundles to Cyber Dog get reassembled into messages in his collar.  OK, they're programs, code, but it's easier to write about things like collars and dog houses.  What the Hell.  It's just terminology.  Anyway, I'm a little worried about the leash.  After all, it does lead back to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGotta go.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageCyber Sleuth

The Diary of Cyber Sleuth:  Day Five
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHad some fun yesterday evening.  Don't usually do anything so frivolous but just took a notion.  Did a little preliminary preparation, faked some official communiqués, that sort of thing, and then sent an order to the local pizza place.  Large meat lover's.  Told them to deliver it to a certain street corner.  One of the prior communiqués was a cryptic missive to the British Embassy.  Why British?  Don't know.  Just seemed right at the time.  Anyway, per instructions directly from London (they thought) the folks at the British Embassy sent a diplomatic courier to that intersection with instructions that critical intelligence needed urgently at NSA would be smuggled, hidden under a pizza.  Did they believe such nonsense?  Who the hell cares?  The communiqué came through official channels and they didn't argue with SIS.  The guys at the embassy sent the diplomatic courier, per instructions.  Hope he gave the delivery boy a good tip.  Anyway, the pizza went into the diplomatic pouch and was delivered pronto to our front desk.  It was already expected there and, per instructions from overseas liaison with SIS (they thought), the people at the front desk sent it to the downstairs conference room.  That's one floor above my basement office.  I was waiting when the diplomatic pouch arrived.  I had the right code words and I got the pizza.  Damn good to have covert access to every communication system in existence.  Damn good pizza.  Only one thing.  I forgot to order Pepsi with it.  Damn.  Have to be more careful.  Little oversight like that can kill you.

Letters to the Editor
Greetings Sam,....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's always an honor to be published in the Frontiersman.  My pleasure;  & if the Kool Aid saga goes on further, I'll be a little jazzed to see more....
15x5 Page Background GIF Image(a)  Thank you for Jan 2013 issue.  I enjoyed it all, the spider story [Bambi's Observation, January 2013, page 1], like most of your writings is good at stirring the mind to think outside the normal tracks minds too often run in.  I guess impliedly the spider was black like the linoleum diamonds — I have seen light, yellow-tan colored spiders & other lighter colors as well.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image(b)  I did not think the "It's an Attitude" prisoner's examples of liberals vs conservatives [It's An Attitude, January 2013, page 3] were "exaggerated."  I think they were quite actual;  except for my position that the whole "liberal/conservative" dichotomy is a bull-crap brainwash scam, just like creating the confining mind-box of "republican/democrat" voting choice.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image(c)  This is the 2d Frontiersman in which there were readers' comments about a previous SPRITZ article [Real Men Don't Say Spritz, November 2012, page 1] you wrote — & I've no idea what they're referring to.  (I believe Nov 2012 issue).  So I evidently did not receive that issue.  If you can send it to me, I'd appreciate it....
15x5 Page Background GIF Image(d)  Do ya think maybe Al "may or may not" Gore [Statements Attributed to Al Gore,
Arrow

Page 2 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 March 2013

January 2013, page 4] might have been birthed somewhere else — like somewhere in waaay outer space?  He sure does have a peculiar mannerism to his goofy colloquy.  (Assuming the quotes are accurate — noting you didn't verify them).  (I don't doubt their accuracy).
—a prisoner
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Dear Sam:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI thank you for sending me monthly issues of Frontiersman.  Most of the time, when I do — finally — get them they are opened and I know some piece of crap cop has already read through it.  But, at least I get them.  Once in a while my TV-Guide magazine will come and the crossword, in the back, is already finished.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLately, I have been enjoying the letters from the individual forced to write with Cool-Aid 'ink'.  I feel for this gentleman, mainly because I was, once, in his predicament.  Like him, I did a SHU term and had people scrutinizing all of my mail.  I had the luxury of a 1" pencil but wish I'd thought of the Cool-Aid trick.  Kudos to that guy.  I've got mucho respect for his determination.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI write a weekly blog and am lucky enough to have a person willing to retype my rants and post them for me.  I will forward the address to you.  You can print it if you like, along with my letter, but something tells me the blog address will be kept to yourself.  You never print names, which is something I appreciate about you.  Anonymity seems to be your middle name.  I am, also, sending a dated copy of one of my blogs ... for your enjoyment.
—a prisoner
Frontiersman —
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHello Sir, my name is [name omitted] and I am writing you today in the hope that you guide me in the direction of attaining a copy of the National Defense Authorization Act.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI have read a few of your publishings & would like to read more.  I believe that more people should be aware of what is really happening in the world.  As it is now people are so hypnotized that matters like the passing of the NDAA go unnoticed, overshadowed by Kim Kardashian getting knocked up or Michelle Obama having bangs.  My hope for humanity wanes more each day.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe only thing people can do is look behind the curtain & learn for themselves what our government is really doing to our rights & our freedom.  That is what I would like to do, expand my knowledge.  But at this time I am incarcerated in California so unfortunately my resources are rather limited.  Prisoners get no access to computers for research or email.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThat is why I would like to know if you could tell me how I can get my hands on the NDAA (HR 3166?) via snail mail.  I have tried to have my family research it on the internet to no avail.  Anyone or any place you could put me in contact with would be appreciated.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThank you sir for your time.  If you can offer me any insight into the subject (or any other for that matter) it will not fall upon deaf ears.  Also if I could get on your list to receive the Frontiersman that would be great too.  Thank you again & keep up the good work.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSincerely,
—a prisoner

It's the Law
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof;  and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land;  and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or law of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.
—Article VI, clause 2
Constitution for the United States of America
<emphasis added>
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThey didn't teach me this in school, but it's a fact that treaties have authority and status equal to that of the U.S. constitution and more authority and status than state constitutions.  The document Treaties in Force, issued by the United States Department of State, is 499 pages long.  A quick review of that document convinced me that I can't possibly count the number of treaties in force.  I didn't find the number of such treaties shown anywhere in the document.  Maybe even the Department of State doesn't know how many there are.  Take a look for yourself.  My best guess is that there are tens of thousands of them.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt makes the U.S. constitution seem a lot less authoritative.  It makes the amendment process seem a lot less relevant.  That's especially true when you consider that the supreme law of the land can be and has been changed by fewer than 69 individuals, without further judicial review, without additional congressional oversight, and without you even being aware of it unless the enforcers come knocking at your door.  Nevertheless, it's the law.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
March 2013 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMost people don't get interested in politics until the Gestapo kicks down their door.
—Wednesday, February 20, 1991
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  my mother;  Dewey and Betty;  and GWB, of Baxter, Tennessee.
— editor
Marketing Strategy
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by David, of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA lady walked into a post office one day and saw a middle-aged, balding man standing at the counter methodically placing "Love" stamps on bright pink envelopes with hearts all over them.  He then took out a perfume bottle and started spraying the envelopes.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHer curiosity got the better of her and she asked him what he was doing.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHe said, "I'm sending out 1,000 Valentine cards from, ‘Guess Who' ".
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"But why?" she asked.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHe answered, "I'm a divorce lawyer."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Useful Units of Measure
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by David, of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
10 millipedes:
1 centipede
1 million billion piccolos:
1 gigolo
100 rations:
1 C-ration10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Love Notes
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by David, of Idaho Falls, Idaho.5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?
—Groucho Marx
I don't think of myself as single.  I'm romantically challenged.
—Stephanie Piro
I date this girl for two years and then the nagging starts:  "I wanna know your name."
—Mike Binde

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubscriptions and Past Issues — Printed copies of this newsletter, either subscriptions or past issues, are available by application only.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, then return it unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.org.uk.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4  Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 March 2013

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue