PDF Version of This Issue to Print
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, August 2014
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Undocumented Sovereign Americans
Sam Aurelius Milam III
  15x5 Page Background GIF Image... we need a deeper kind of resistance than anything we've ever thought about.  We need to be for somethin', not just against the Russians.
—Devin William Milford
in the miniseries Amerika
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDuring my years of study, I've learned some important lessons.  One such lesson is that a person shouldn't complain about a police state if he voluntarily cooperates with it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageVoluntary participation equals endorsement.
—Thursday, June 9, 1988
Milam's Notes
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCompare that to the smug drivel that the authorities like to promote:  "If you don't vote, then don't complain."  What nonsense.  If you do vote, then don't complain.  You agreed in advance to the consequences when you voluntarily registered as a voter.  Refusing to register as a voter is one of the prerequisites of having a legitimate right to complain.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOf course, the determination that behavior is voluntary isn't as simple as it might seem.  A man will voluntarily jump from the top of a building, if the building is burning under him.  You don't have to push him.  He'll "choose" to do it.  That doesn't mean that he wants to do it and it doesn't mean that it's voluntary.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn early 1972, I "chose" to join the Naval Reserve.  The only alternatives were to escape to Canada, to stay in the United States as a criminal, or to be drafted.  Today, I might do things differently.  In 1972, and in accordance with my brainwashing, I joined the Naval Reserve.  The point is that any possible good alternatives had been eliminated before I ever had an opportunity to make my choice.  I was constrained by the police state to select from only alternatives that were undesirable.  The result was to compel me to "voluntarily" make the choice that the authorities wanted me to make.  I was occasionally reminded, during my subsequent "tour of duty", that I shouldn't complain about my situation because I'd "volunteered".
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageToday, more than 40 years later, there isn't any improvement.  Here's an excerpt from the little Selective Service System brochure that you can get at the Post Office.
  What Happens If I Don't Register?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNot registering is a felony.  Young men prosecuted and convicted of failure to register may be fined up to $250,000, imprisoned for up to five years, or both.  Failure to register also may cause men to permanently lose eligibility for student financial aid, government employment, job training, and U.S. citizenship for male immigrants.
—SSS Form 1M (UPO) (August 2011)
OMB Approval 3240-0002
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRegistration for the draft is as good an example as any other.  Refusal to cooperate will be punished.  Cooperation, even when it's coerced, will be construed as voluntary.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI demonstrated in my essay The Long and Winding Doctrine:  Social Contract, available on Pharos, that the legitimate boundaries of lawful government are not geographical.  They are contractual.  Thus, we're within the jurisdiction not because of where we live but because of how we live.  We apply for driver's licenses, marriage licenses, building permits, and business licenses.  We register to vote.  Such actions, and others, create obligations to the jurisdiction of the police state.  Our obligations are proved by the records that we create, the licenses that we hold, the permits that we have received, and the applications that we've submitted.  Even citizenship invokes the jurisdiction.
  15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAll persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States....
Constitution for the United States of America
Amendment 14, clause 1
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTo escape from the jurisdiction, to become sovereigns, we must divest ourselves of such obligations by becoming undocumented.  I suggest the little essay Those Chains That Bind You!.  It's available in The Sovereign's Library.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnother lesson that I learned is that before a person can become undocumented, he must position himself.  That is, he must rearrange his life so that it's possible for him to survive without the documentation.  That's true because
Arrow

August 2014 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

the authorities have acquired monopolies on access to nearly everything.  A person must submit to the jurisdiction as a prerequisite for almost everything.  If we just cancel our documentation cold turkey, then we'll be back in a few months, begging to have it reinstated.  That's why it's necessary to position ourselves first, before we cancel our documentation.  We have to find ways to satisfy our needs without application to the police state for permission.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI got into the jurisdiction just like everybody else.  My parents told me to get a Social Security number so I got a Social Security number.  They told me to get a driver's license so I got a driver's license.  Following the instructions of all of the various people who "educated" me, I went through the entire process, draft registration, college degree, corporate employment, life insurance, the whole thing.  I was in my late 30s or early 40s before I began to realize that I'd been deceived and manipulated, that what I'd been taught was lies.  After that, I put a lot of effort into trying to correct my errors, trying to get outside of the jurisdiction.  I didn't have any examples or written instructions to follow.  I had to improvise as I went along.  I rescinded my driver's license.  I cancelled my Social Security number. My second marriage was undocumented and non-ceremonial.  I didn't know of any way to remove my birth certificate from the clutches of the bureaucracy that had possession of it so I made a homegrown birth certificate to use instead.  Things didn't always go as planned.  Along the way, I sacrificed my career as an engineer and lost my home in San Jose.  Anyway, I did what I could do to get as far outside of the jurisdiction as I could get.  For a more complete account of events, I suggest my article The Rise and Fall of Mere Keep and my memoir Outward Bound. They're both available on Pharos.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNow, at the age of 67, I've noticed that everybody my age has undergone some kind of required medical treatment.  In the past, I've stayed healthy but it seems unlikely that I'll always be as lucky as I've been so far.  When people get older, they tend to get sick.  Nobody knows how long I'll stay healthy and, being undocumented, I don't have access to medical treatment.  That's one of the many things to which access has been monopolized by the police state.  So, if I get sick, then I'll be forced once again to choose from a limited list of several undesirable alternatives, as was the case back when I was trying to avoid being drafted and sent to Vietnam.  This time, the only options available to me might be a long and painful illness or the sacrifice of my beliefs.  That is, I might have to surrender to the jurisdiction of the police state, just to get some medical treatment.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGetting outside of the jurisdiction of the police state, and staying out, isn't easy.  Maybe it isn't even possible.  It's probably best if we never submit to the jurisdiction in the first place.  Whatever the case, I've tried to make some of my experience available in my writing.  Each person's situation is different.  My suggestions aren't exhaustive.  They won't apply in every situation.  Each person must find his own path.  Even so, my experience might provide some useful ideas and guidelines.  I suggest my essay Abandonment.  It's available on Pharos.  I presented an article called A Plan of Sorts in the February 2013 issue of this newsletter.  It's available on The Frontiersman Website.  My essay Cancellation of Social Security Number is available on Pharos.  The rescindment of my driver's license is available in The Sovereign's Library.  My homegrown birth certificate is shown on my personal website.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe whole point of the exercise is to become undocumented and escape from the jurisdiction of the police state, to become sovereign.  It isn't easy and maybe it isn't even possible but, in my opinion, the effort should be made.  To submit to the police state without even a struggle is, to my way of thinking, un-American.  People who don't understand why it's important aren't ready to start.  Some people probably won't understand it until the gestapo kicks down their door.  In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt for such people to review my essay The Principles of Liberty.  It's available on Pharos.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end.
—Leonardo da Vinci
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe fact is that the police state will only continue to get worse.  Anybody who understands that might be ready to start now, trying to become an Undocumented Sovereign American.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGod bless the USAs.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Addresses
My Personal Websitehttp://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
Pharoshttp://pharos.org.uk/
The Frontiersman Websitehttp://frontiersman.org.uk/
The Sovereign's Library: http://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Page 2  Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 August 2014

Letters to the Editor
Hey Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGot your new Frontiersman — very good as always.  Keep up the great work.  Anyway.  Here is a handwritten copy of the FEMA camps in my stomping grounds.  California, Idaho, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Washington State & Oregon.  I'm not understanding, what URL and — well, anything about computers really.  But before this handwritten list, my friends sent me a copy off the FEMA site....  But, [prison identity withheld] in all its wisdom took it for whatever reason.  So, here are just a few camps [send the copy back when you're done.] so you can get some idea of just how serious they are about putting the whoa on any resistance.  I've also got the book "Behold a Pale Horse" by Bill Cooper and it has a bunch of sites to visit under REX84 (REX stands for Readiness Exercise).  Anyway, about those field manuals, [identity withheld] — now @ Bragg, learning to do bad things to bad people — continuously writes & tells me about some of their training programs with manuals.  So I know of — well, for those soldiers that will be partaking in this round up of resistors — those manuals are being slipped out for people to read.  I had a large selection of field manuals @ home and the new ones out will leave one asking WTF is going on.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOkay, Sam.  I'll close for now.  Thank you for your great newsletter.  We here @ [prison identity withheld] all thank you.
—a prisoner
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageURL is uniform resource locator.  It's the address of a website or of another internet resource.
—editor
Greetings, Sam.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTrue, most organizations of man, if they are successful, eventually become a means of power over others for self-serving purposes.  Therefore we should deprive all organizations of their power to control us and others.  Fortunately, to oppose them, there are many voluntary organizations that do embrace personal freedom as their primary goal.  Google these to get started:  Daily Anarchist, Liberty Unbound, reason.com, CATO Institute, Institute for Humane Studies and Laissez Faire Today.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou are partly right about religion.  To wit, Divine Right of Kings.  Also, there are those who fled religious persecution in Europe to establish themselves as the persecutors in the American Colonies.  And there are many who would impose their religious doctrine on others through law.  I agree that calling oneself a Christian establishes no legal authority.  But please do not condemn all who honestly believe the teachings of Christ.  Although they will try to convince you to follow Christ, they believe that you and only you can make the choice to do so.  It cannot be imposed by law.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMay God fill you with His truth,
—Bob Link
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageChristian doctrine is routinely imposed by legislation in the USA.  Everything that Christians regard as sinful has been prohibited somewhere.  Examples abound but a single one will serve to illustrate my point.  Except for its condemnation by Christians, there isn't any good reason to prohibit polygamous marriages.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn my opinion, any "good" Christian who condones the forcible imposition of Christian doctrine, just because he's comfortable with it, is just as guilty as are the ones who actively enact or enforce such legislation.
—editor
Not a Wine to Drink Alone
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI noticed this product being offered for sale in a local store.
Menage_a_Trois
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe stuff is made in California, which isn't surprising.  What is surprising is that it's being openly offered for sale way down here in the Bible Belt.  Maybe the owners of the store don't know the meaning of Ménage à Trois.
  15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMénage à Trois... an arrangement in which three persons (as a married pair and the lover of one of the pair) share sexual relations especially while living together
—Merriam-Webster's
11th Collegiate Dictionary
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThey're gonna be really embarrassed.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
August 2014 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it.
—Thomas Sowell
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  my mother;  Dewey and Betty;  FL, of Corcoran, California;  Sticky, of San Diego, California;  and Bob Link.
— editor
Wanted
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI need to find a student that I can train to continue my work after I'm no longer willing and able to do it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI need to find somebody who can repair VCRs.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'd appreciate receiving contact information for either item.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Support This Newsletter
Shop at The Moonlight Flea Market:
http://moonlight-flea-market.com/.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

And Then the Fight Started
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Sir Donald the Elusive.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy wife and I were laying in bed, watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI turned to her and asked, "Do you want to have sex?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"No," she answered.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI then asked her, "Is that your final answer?"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageShe didn't even look at me.  She just said "Yes."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI replied, "Then I'd like to phone a friend."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

When You Least Expect It
These statements are presumably from a collection of actual analogies and metaphors found in high school essays.  I don't know the original source.  These were forwarded by Sir Donald the Elusive.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvailability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  All past issues are available at http://frontiersman.org.uk/.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, then return it unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.org.uk.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4  Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 August 2014

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue