PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, February 2016
Self-Evident
Sam Aurelius Milam III
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWe hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal....
—from the
Declaration of Independence
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe writers of the Declaration of Independence are admired for their alleged political savvy.  I'm not so sure that they were as smart as people think they were.  Anybody should be able to notice that men are not created equal.  They don't live equally.  They don't die equally.  They're not equal.  That the writers of the Declaration of Independence made such a blunder calls their political savvy seriously into question.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe writers of the Declaration of Independence allegedly studied history.  I have some doubts about that, too.  I'm not sure what they might have studied, but they don't seem to have studied Aristotle.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDemocracy, for example, arises out of the notion that those who are equal in any respect are equal in all respects....
—from Politics and Poetics
by Aristotle [384 — 322 B.C.]
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePresumably, the writers of the Declaration of Independence were trying to insure equal treatment for everybody.  If so, then they made a big mistake.  They ought not to have tried to achieve their goal by focusing on people.  Instead, they should have focused on government.  Rather than claiming that all men are equal, which is obviously and inherently false, they ought to have required that the government treat everybody equally, regardless of their many individual differences.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow about this, instead?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWe hold this truth to be self-evident, that government should treat all men equally, regardless of their many individual differences.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI hold this truth to be self-evident, that people need to be more careful about how they use the language.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Letters to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI was finally paroled on [date omitted] and am now located at the address on the front of this card.  I plan to continue the battle and need your insights and publication to focus on wherever it may prove to be a royal pain in the ass to the perverted and corrupted gov't.  Please keep my subscription active.  Thank you, Sam.
—Jim, formerly a prisoner
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI can suggest some ideas for your consideration.  Directly opposing a government only strengthens it.  Working within a government strengthens it.  Trying to "use the system against itself" strengthens "the system".  Even though it isn't as gratifying as the traditional strategies, I believe that the best way to oppose a government is by not opposing it.  Don't fight it.  Just try to avoid doing anything that will tend to legitimize it, strengthen it, or give it a legitimate jurisdiction over you.  As much as possible, refuse to cooperate with it.  Ignore it.  Such a strategy isn't as easy as it might seem.  It requires that you first educate yourself and position yourself.  Those can be long and difficult processes.  It might be useful for you to study my essays in Pharos, under the heading Liberty, Sovereignty, and the Doctrine of Social Contract.  Pharos is at http://pharos.org.uk/.
—editor
Dear Mr. Sam Aurelius Milam III....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThank you for such an informative news letter.
—David, of Newport, Arkansas
A White Man's Notes
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGentlemen and scoundrels both have the same objectives with regard to women.  The only difference is that gentlemen womanize with more finesse.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMost men learn at an early age to keep their mouths shut and to let the women do the talking.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageMale Symbol

Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA licensed press isn't a free press.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe more that I learn of the things that are being done with advanced technologies, the more I'm inclined to conclude that Theodore John Kaczynski was correct.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDo blind people dream?  If so, then what do they see?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

November 2017 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

Walls
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOn February 11 of this year, after I was finished working for the day, I watched several episodes of What on Earth?, a documentary series that was being shown on The Discovery Channel.  One episode was about the remains of an ancient wall, about 90 miles long, located in Jordan.  The remains of the wall consist of scattered rocks on the surface of the ground and are visible as a structure only from above.  They're visible only because they're a different color than the surrounding terrain.  Dating techniques are uncertain but a stone hand axe found with the rocks is possibly from the Paleolithic Period, 100,000 years ago.  Thus, the wall is very old.  That same episode also contained a segment about a place in Southern Turkey, near Syria, called Göbekli Tepe.  It was estimated to have been built in 9,500 B.C., 7,000 years before the Pyramids of Giza.  That makes it almost 12,000 years old.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI was watching the documentary late in the evening.  I was tired.  I wasn't recording the show, or even taking notes.  I was just watching.  Here's what caught my attention.  The scientists insisted that the construction of such structures would have required an organized society with a high level of technology.  They proclaimed that nobody was alive at the times that those structures were built except for wandering groups of nomadic, technologically primitive hunter-gatherers who didn't even have pottery, the wheel, or farming.  To quote the documentary, "The only possible conclusion is that its [Göbekli Tepe's] builders were primitive, nomadic hunter gatherers, previously thought incapable of such feats of construction".  The scientists expressed amazement that such people could have built such structures.  That's when I realized that I should have been recording the show, or at least taking notes.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFor months thereafter, I searched the cable channels, trying to find the series again.  I eventually found it, but not on The Discovery Channel.  It was listed on The Science Channel, which is shown in the guide but which isn't available to me.  I searched elsewhere.  In August, I found the series on DVDs.  I bought the DVDs, watched the series, and found the episode.  It's Episode 306, Gateway To Eden.  After that, I was able to obtain the data that I've presented in this article, above.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThose two segments include examples of the kind of non-thinking of which scientists are often guilty.  Their own methods tell them when Göbekli Tepe existed, and that the wall is from prehistoric times.  They acknowledge that the construction of the structures would have required a highly organized, high-tech society.  The inescapable conclusion is that, at the times when the structures were built, there were people in those regions who had highly organized, high-tech societies. The best that the scientists can do is to be amazed that the structures were built by wandering groups of primitive hunter-gatherers.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageScientists claim that our species has existed on this planet in approximately its present form for about 500 thousand to a million years, depending on who's opinion you like.  Why would people who were basically like us exist for that long without even inventing toaster waffles and then, suddenly, learn how to go to the moon?  The answer is that they wouldn't.  Our recent ancestors, starting as primitive nomads who didn't even have toaster waffles, developed our present technological society in maybe 10,000 years.  If it takes only 10,000 years, and if our ancestors go back 500,000 to a million years, then they had sufficient time to have developed high-tech societies like ours about 50 to 100 times.  There's been plenty of time for people to have previously invented all of the things that we've invented, even toaster waffles, many times over, and then to have destroyed it all, as we're doing.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy would anybody believe that this is the first high-tech human society that's ever existed on this planet?  Scientists claim that the lack of any evidence of such past societies disproves the existence of those societies.  That's nonsense.  A lack of evidence is merely inconclusive.  Also, most evidence of any such previous society would have disappeared within a few hundred years of its demise.  Furthermore, there is evidence.  Göbekli Tepe and the wall are evidence.  Scientists ignore such evidence because it contradicts their brainwashing.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy friend SantaClara Bob noted that scientists suffer permanent brain damage while they're in college.  Maybe so.  Maybe Göbekli Tepe and the wall indicate more than the existence of past high-tech societies.  Maybe they also indicate that the strongest walls aren't the kind that we find on the ground, but the kind that we build in our own minds.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Page 2  Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 November 2017

Ding-a-Ling Design
Sam Aurelius Milam III
Dingaling II15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI have a microwave oven.  It has a control panel with 25 buttons.  So far as I can figure, many of them are useless.  To make the thing work, I have to press a button that tells it that I'm setting the time.  Then I have to press a series of buttons to tell it how long to run.  Then, I have to press a button to make it start.  If I want it to run at less than full power, then I have to press more buttons.  If I press a wrong button, or if I press them in the wrong order, then I have to press yet another button to cancel the whole thing, and start over.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYears ago, I had a microwave oven that had two knobs and a button.  I could twist one knob to set the time and the other knob to set the power level.  I could press the button to make  the thing run.  The old microwave oven was a lot easier to use.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI have an air conditioner.  The control panel has 6 buttons.  The remote control has 10 buttons.  When I finally got it working, I didn't touch any more buttons except the power button, to turn it off in the winter and during lightening storms, and then back on again.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOn previous air conditioners, you could move the slider on the thermostat to the temperature that you wanted.  They were easier to use.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI have a radio.  It has 19 buttons and a knob.  Three of the buttons change the purpose of the knob so, in effect, it has four knobs.  To change stations, I have to press a button for tuning mode and some other buttons to make it tune up or down.  There isn't a classical music station anywhere near here, so I don't use the radio anyway.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYears ago, I had a radio.  It had two knobs.  I could twist one knob to select the station and one knob to adjust the volume.  The volume control even included the power switch.  The old radio was a lot easier to use.  Back then, there were a lot of classical music stations, so I actually used the radio.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI have a television.  The remote control has 43 buttons.  So far as I can figure, most of them are useless.  Two of them change the volume.  Several of them allow me to keep changing the aspect ratio and the definition all of the time, which I'm forced to do because the broadcasters keep changing the aspect ratio and definition of their signals.  Fifteen of the buttons are involved with changing channels but I can't use them.  To change channels, I have to use the cable box.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI have a cable box.  The remote control has 53 buttons.  Most of them are a complete mystery to me.  The only ones that I ever use are the channel buttons, one button that selects definition, which keeps changing from one channel to the next, and the power button. There are hundreds of channels available.  I don't have the remotest notion what most of them show.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYears ago, I had a television.  It had two knobs.  One knob was for selecting the channel.  The other knob was for adjusting the volume.  The volume control even included the power switch.  The aspect ratio was always the same, on every channel.  That old television was a lot easier to use.  Back then, we got three channels.  They were just as entertaining, between them, as are the dozen or so channels that I presently watch, out of the hundreds that are available.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI have a little kitchen timer.  I've had it since my first marriage.  The first wife bought it back about 1970.  She had to name it Dingaling the Second because she left Dingaling, the first one, on the stove and ruined it.  That's why she bought the second one.  The first wife is long gone, as is the second wife.  Dingaling II remains.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDingaling II doesn't have batteries.  It doesn't have a remote control.  It doesn't have internet access.  It doesn't have a power cord.  It doesn't have buttons.  It has just  one big knob.  I twist the knob to the time that I want.  I don't even have to push a button to make it start.  It starts automatically after I twist the knob.  It ticks until the desired time has passed.  Then, it dings.  It doesn't buzz, or talk to me, or send me a text message, or call me on the telephone.  It just dings.  Just once.  It's almost 50 years old, and it still works.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've thought about this a lot.  It's possible, just remotely possible, that Dingaling II is the absolute, ultimate refinement of engineering design.  It might be the most elegant piece of technology, the finest piece of equipment, ever built.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
November 2017 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageStopping illegal immigration would mean that wages would have to rise to a level where Americans would want the jobs currently taken by illegal aliens.
— Thomas Sowell
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Betty;  and Eric, of Ione, California.
— editor
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Blonde Jokes
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat does a blonde owl say?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat?  What?
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy don't blondes double recipes?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBecause their ovens don't go up to 700 degrees.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Alleged Facts About the 1500s
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.  I haven't tried to verify any of these claims.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePeople with money had pewter plates.  Food with high acid content caused some of the lead to leach into the food, causing lead poisoning.  That happened most often with tomatoes, so tomatoes were considered to be poisonous.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSometimes, people could get pork, which made them feel special.  When visitors came over, they'd hang up their bacon, to show off.  It was a sign of success that a man could "bring home the bacon."  They'd cut off a little to share with guests, then sit around and "chew the fat".
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBread was divided according to status.  Workers got the burnt bottom of the loaf.  The family got the middle.  Guests got the top, or "upper crust".10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvailability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  Funding for this newsletter is from sources over which I don't have any control, so it might become necessary for me to terminate these offers or to cancel one or more subscriptions at any time, without notice.  All past issues are presently available for free download at the internet address shown below.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby given to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.org.uk.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 November 2017

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue