15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, July 1997
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Expendable Children — Over There
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe blood-thirsty nitwits in this country are now gloating over the Timothy McVeigh sentence.  None of them care that the US government is a far more likely perpetrator of the Oklahoma City bombing.  After all, the US government is the only party that has benefited from it.  Far more than anybody else, it had both the means and the motive.  Nevertheless, the nitwits can finally get some revenge for the 168 people (Oh my!  Children, too!) that were killed in the bombing.  They don't care that the US government continues to encourage the deaths of other children elsewhere in the world.  Consider this news item:
15x15 Page Background GIF Image

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - Less than a third of the food expected under a U.N.-approved deal has reached Iraq and 30,000 children have died of poor nutrition or lack of medicine this year, Iraq's trade minister said today.  He blamed the United States.  Iraq has been under U.N. sanctions since 1990, when it invaded Kuwait and spurred the United States and other countries to send troops into the Persian Gulf.  The United Nations in December gave Iraq permission to sell $2 billion in oil over six months to buy needed food and medicine.
AP Top News at 1 p.m. EDT. Date:  Sun, 1 Jun 97 10:30:46 -0700. AP NewsBrief by SIOBHAN McDONOUGH.  Delivered via the Farcast(TM) business intelligence service <http://www.farcast.com>.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe nitwit position seems to be that it's OK for people (including children) to die for the benefit of US policy but not OK for them to die for the sake of opposition to it.  Maybe it's just OK for children to die in Iraq but not OK for them to die in the USA.  In either case, hypocrisy reigns.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Archaeological Reflections
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've noticed something in the documentaries about ancient cultures.  Whenever the researchers discover evidence that the people in some ancient culture engaged in the practice of killing selected members of their group, there's a determined effort to explain the practice in some way that is as far different as possible from the things we do ourselves.  The usual explanation is that the victims in these ancient cultures were sacrificed as part of some religious ritual.  We don't do that anymore.  Look how much better we are than they were.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOn the other hand, maybe it depends upon what you mean by victim, sacrifice, religion, and ritual.  Nobody wants to consider that human culture might not have improved much in the past 4000 years, that ours might be fundamentally like theirs, or that people today are no better than they were then.  Consider this.  What if those ancient people were engaging not in ritual sacrifice, but in capital punishment?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSupporters of capital punishment have certainly made a religion out of it, and "justify" executions as necessary.  The people in ancient cultures must have had similarly strong feelings about their executions.  We can sanitize our executions with things like electric chairs and lethal injections.  In previous cultures, they were limited to "brutal" things like clubs, knives, and fire.  We publicize our executions by announcing them over our high-tech media.  Maybe they publicized their executions by staging them in a large public facility.  If a religious temple was the best "broadcast facility" available for sending "the message", that doesn't necessarily mean that the execution was a religious practice.  None of these differences justify the arrogant position that we are somehow "better" than those people were.  They killed their "undesirables".  We're killing Timothy McVeigh.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere's nothing wrong with self-esteem, but a fine line distinguishes it from arrogance.  The difference is the accuracy of our estimate of ourselves.  Self-esteem is a great virtue.  Arrogance is a great fault.  We won't improve our own culture by lowering our estimate of other cultures, whether they are in Iraq today or Peru 2000 years ago.  We will improve our own culture by improving ourselves.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Acknowledgments
•     My thanks to Sir Donald the Elusive for paying the production costs of this newsletter.
•     My thanks to Lady Jan the Voluptuous for her ongoing editorial assistance and for her countless other efforts in support of this newsletter and of its editor.
•     My thanks to Shirley, of Urbana Illinois, for her frequent support of this newsletter.

— editor

208 346-6406 (fax or zmodem)
Frontiersman@ida.net
Frontiersman
479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
July 1997
Page 1

Beyond Arrogance
by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOn a proof of service by mail dated May 20, 1992, KAREN FISHER HENDERSON, of the District Attorney's office in Santa Clara County, California, committed perjury. Proof of ServiceThis occurred when she stated under penalty of perjury, "... I served the within JUDGMENT AND ORDER ... by placing a true copy thereof enclosed in a sealed envelope ... addressed as follows:  SAM A. MILAM, III 439 S WHITE RD, SAN JOSE, CA, 95127  I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the foregoing is true and correct."  She lied.  The envelope bore a different address.  Copies of the Proof of Service by Mail and the envelope in which it was mailed are shown adjacent to this article.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePerjury wasn't the only violation committed by KAREN FISHER HENDERSON on the document.  She also used correction fluid to falsify the date of execution.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI have notified many people of KAREN FISHER HENDERSON's crimes, including George W. Kennedy, the Santa Clara County DA, and Dan Lungren, the California Attorney General.  They have refused to prosecute her.  If I committed perjury or falsified an official document, I'd probably rot in prison for the maximum time allowed by "law".  It appears that she will continue to absorb tax dollars in her cushy bureaucratic position, protected from accountability for her actions by bureaucratic arrogance.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAfter the Oklahoma City bombing, I was disgusted by the baffled public figures who wondered in perplexity at the source of "all this anger".  Maybe People In Government Service (PIGS) are just naturally stupid.  The source of the anger is obvious:  government itself.  Somehow, the PIGS must be made to understand that those who make the peaceful pursuit of justice impossible will make the violent pursuit of justice inevitable.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageKAREN FISHER HENDERSON remains unpunished.  Her lack of accountability stands as another example of the source of "all this anger".  Eventually, PIGS like her will cause the government to be overthrown.  Revolution isn't caused by revolutionaries, but by arrogant and hypocritical People In Government Service.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

July 1997
Page 2
Frontiersman
Frontiersman@ida.net

No Treason:
The Constitution of No Authority (an excerpt)
Lysander Spooner
I.  The Constitution has no inherent authority or obligation.  It has no authority or obligation at all, unless as a contract between man and man.  And it does not so much as even purport to be a contract between persons now existing.  It purports, at most, to be only a contract between persons living eighty years ago.1  And it can be supposed to have been a contract then only between persons who had already come to years of discretion, so as to be competent to make reasonable and obligatory contracts.  Furthermore, we know, historically, that only a small portion even of the people then existing were consulted on the subject, or asked, or permitted to express either their consent or dissent in any formal manner.  Those persons, if any, who did give their consent formally, are all dead now.  Most of them have been dead forty, fifty, sixty, or seventy years.  And the constitution, so far as it was their contract, died with them. They had no natural power or right to make it obligatory upon their children.  It is not only plainly impossible, in the nature of things, that they could bind their posterity, but they did not even attempt to bind them.  That is to say, the instrument does not purport to be an agreement between any body but "the people" then existing;  nor does it, either expressly or impliedly, assert any right, power, or disposition, on their part, to bind anybody but themselves.  Let us see.  Its language is:
We, the people of the United States (that is, the people then existing in the United States), in order to form a more perfect union, insure domestic tranquillity, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt is plain, in the first place, that this language, as an agreement, purports to be only what it at most really was, viz., a contract between the people then existing;  and, of necessity, binding, as a contract, only upon those then existing.  In the second place, the language neither expresses nor implies that they had any right or power, to bind their "posterity" to live under it.  It does not say that their "posterity" will, shall, or must live under it.  It only says, in effect, that their hopes and motives in adopting it were that it might prove useful to their posterity, as well as to themselves, by promoting their union, safety, tranquillity, liberty, etc ....
15x5 Page Background GIF Image... The language does not assert nor at all imply, any right, power, or disposition, on the part of the original parties to the agreement, to compel their "posterity" to live under it.  If they had intended to bind their posterity to live under it, they should have said that their objective was, not "to secure to them the blessings of liberty," but to make slaves of them;  for if their "posterity" are bound to live under it, they are nothing less than the slaves of their foolish, tyrannical, and dead grandfathers.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt cannot be said that the Constitution formed "the people of the United States," for all time, into a corporation.  It does not speak of "the people" as a corporation, but as individuals.  A corporation does not describe itself as "we," nor as "people," nor as "ourselves."  Nor does a corporation, in legal language, have any "posterity."  It supposes itself to have, and speaks of itself as having, perpetual existence, as a single individuality.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMoreover, no body of men, existing at any one time, have the power to create a perpetual corporation.  A corporation can become practically perpetual only by the voluntary accession of new members, as the old ones die off.  But for this voluntary accession of new members, the corporation necessarily dies with the death of those who originally composed it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLegally speaking, therefore, there is, in the Constitution, nothing that professes or attempts to bind the "posterity" of those who established it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf, then, those who established the Constitution, had no power to bind, and did not attempt to bind, their posterity, the question arises, whether their posterity have bound themselves.  If they have done so, they can have done so in only one or both of these two ways, viz., by voting, and paying taxes ....10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
 ^ 
This essay was written in 1869
Letters to the Editor
Dear Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCan't let Flag Day pass without telling you I thought your June issue was the very best!  Especially page 2 — if you want some specific comment, Anarchy, Monarchy, Malarkey.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBet you'll have some good comments on the Denver trial next time (McVeigh, who else?)
— Shirley: Urbana, Illinois

Frontiersman@ida.net
Frontiersman
July 1997
Page 3

Frontiersman 
479 E.  700 N. 
Firth, Idaho 83236 

A welfare state
cannot stand alone.
To survive, it must
have the support of
a police state.
Flag

Lightening on LeftNet Watcher's NewsLightening on Right
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePolygraft — Wish I could verify the source and the story, but police in Radnor, Pennsylvania, reportedly interrogated a suspect by placing a metal colander on his head and connecting it with wires to a photocopy machine.  The message "He's lying" was placed in the copier, and police pressed the copy button each time they thought the suspect wasn't telling the truth.  Believing the "lie detector" was working, the suspect confessed.
— Silicon Valley Bob
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNews Flash About Beer — Scientists in the USA recently revealed that beer contains small traces of female hormones.  To prove their theory, they had 100 men each drink 12 pints of beer and observed that 100% of them started talking nonsense and couldn't drive!!
— Running Bear

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDo you need to be smart to write this column?

— Curious
Dear Curious
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOnly smarter than the editor.

Watch it!

— editor

Sesame Suite
Hermit the Frog: Hey Priggy!
Ms Priggy: Yes, Hermie?
Hermie: Why did the feminist climb over the chain-link fence?
Priggy: Rrrrrr!
Hermie: To see what was on the other side!
He he he — uh....
Priggy: Haayyeeee — YAH!
Hermie: Oof!  Whap!  Thump!
Sesame Suite is a production of the Children's Tunnelvision Workshop

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, fax, e-mail, zmodem, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other publications.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash and postage stamps.  I don't accept checks, money orders, anything that will smell bad by the time it arrives, or anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

July 1997
Page 4
Frontiersman
Frontiersman@ida.net

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue