15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, December 1998
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Intrinsic Value
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMany people presume that just because the economy is growing, it is healthy.  However, growth alone doesn't prove health.  Some forms of growth are unhealthy.  An economy cannot be healthy when it doesn't operate using real money.  Even when real money is present, the performance of an economy can be damaged.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI have before me a United States coin which bears the statement, "1 OZ. FINE SILVER - ONE DOLLAR".  Jan checked for me and learned that the current price of silver is $5 per ounce.  It's nonsense to declare that a coin containing one ounce of silver is worth $1.  When this sort of thing is done, the value of the money in the marketplace becomes distorted.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI recall an example from some years ago.  An acquaintance of mine at that time, whose name I have since forgotten, went to a hardware store to buy some large washers.  He discovered that the washers cost 7¢ each.  Instead of buying the washers, he went home and drilled holes in nickels.  At that point in time, washers were better than money as a use of the metal.  By using the nickels as washers instead of as money, he put the metal to a better use in the existing market, saving himself 2¢ per washer.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe lesson is that government should never have the power to dictate the value of money.  Rather, anybody with metal, any metal, should be able to take it to a private mint and have it coined into money.  The market value of the metal will insure that the metal is always put to its best use (coins, washers, whatever), and that there is always a sufficiency, but never an excess, of coins of each type.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Letters to the Editor
Dear Sam, Greetings:
15x5 Page Background GIF Image....  If you recall, I addressed "Creator-given" rights, and since "murder" is not one of those rights, it can not be "claimed" by a god (Creator) fearing being!  However, it is not the 3rd part of your definition that keeps "Murder" from being a "right" — In the societies where initiating the use of force is customary and tolerated, (ie: Mafia), the rules are totally contrary to Natural law.  That is why State "Murder" (ie, death penalty) is not only immoral, (& should be illegal in an alleged Christian (civilized) society), but shows the total hypocrisy of the "State" & "persons" who support it and are part & partial to it!!....
— Eric;  Tehachapi, California
1.  Rights are not religious.  They are political.  The concept of "Creator-given rights" inherently contradicts the doctrine of the separation of church and state.
2.  In a culture in which murder was within people's ability, didn't require permission, and was generally or customarily approved or tolerated, murder would be a right.
— editor
Dear Sam -

1.  What are you trying to do?  Completely revamp the whole (100%) of the commercial marketplace?  Do you know how much work (energy) it would take (even with a Cray Computer) to daily determine how many grams/oz of gold or silver it would take to "buy" a dozen eggs??  Personally, I agree with the concept, however, the practicals "appear" to be unworkable?!  It would allow for each transaction to be controlled by free market principles, but we'd have to utilize silver grams also & have a set ratio between silver & gold, because if one fluctuates greater than the other the "value" would vary.  People still don't want to carry the weight around!  So how can we have a paper backed by grams or ounces?  It would have to be 101% counterfeit proof and even the lowliest farmer would have to have "verification devices."  (ie: ultraviolet lights)  Let's have more discussion on this topic.
2.  If parents don't have a "Marriage License" the County/State has absolutely NO jurisdiction over children, and personnel can and are successfully SUED for violation of rights, and charged as criminals when one knows how to go about it!

— continued at the top of Page 2 —
Frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
Also see The Pharos Connection at http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
December 1998
Page 1 

3.  Why do you think they take a census each 10 years?  To find out what kind of toilet their property is using!
4.  Why don't you send all "Occupant & Resident" mail back to the P.O. as not being on your list?
5.  Don't you remember the statement Janet Reno made when Idaho's A/G issued an indictment for murder against Lon Horiuchi?  "Sorry, we are not going to "give him up," as the US does not have an extradition treaty with Idaho!!"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageElliot sure has some erroneous assumptions, doesn't he?!  I don't comprehend where I said anything about democracy?!  I did object "in part" to your definition, but there are no rights in a democracy — it's MOB rule!  Elliot does not understand the difference between an American Sovereign and a U.S. Slave.  And why he can't, or won't, see the specific points in your philosophy & responses!  Too many inconsistencies!  Oh well, he'll live & learn?!  I'd like to see you make your Nov. "Headline" into an 8 1/2 x 11 flier like you did your "Pledge of" — so I can hang it on my wall here in the cell and send to a few politicians & judges!....
— Eric;  Tehachapi, California
1.  There wouldn't be a problem determining the value of a dozen eggs.  It wouldn't be necessary to have a computer.  The value would be whatever the merchant could get for them.  Your concern with fluctuating prices results from dealing in an economy based on currency, the value of which is unstable and under the control of governments.  The value of real money is very stable and NOT under the control of governments.  That merchant would probably not have to change the price of his eggs once in a decade — if that often — if the economy used real money.  And what difference does it make if the values of gold and silver change relative to one another?  The coins shouldn't show the value.  They should show content.  Finally, people don't need to carry a lot of weight in silver.  They can carry a little weight in gold.
2.  I agree that there isn't a legitimate county jurisdiction unless the marriage is licensed by the county.  However, counties are not presently legitimate governments.  They are despotisms.  The lack of a license doesn't prevent them from exercising illegitimate powers.  You can prove it for yourself by trying to defy the county.  Agents of the "family services" gestapo will take the children, license or no license.  Finally, I'm not aware of any such agent who has ever been sued, much less punished, for such tyranny.
— editor
Dear Sam -
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTo impose a planetary gold standard would be to dictate that all the gold in the world is exactly equal to all the other wealth in the world.  The resulting astronomical price of gold would not be the product of the intrinsic value of a commodity influenced by supply & demand;  it would be the product of an imposed standard.  It is neither libertarian nor practical.  The practical equivalent, which the Euros are taking the first step toward, is a planetary currency.  But that, of course, is One Worldism to the max.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageEven in primitive societies, there are rites of passage into adulthood & the full rights of adult citizens.  It's natural.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow could Clinton have known that adult sexual behavior such as other presidents have engaged in would create an international circus?  It had never happened before, & says more about the mind set of the Republicans & the media than it does about Clinton's free will.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI advocate rights for women & for all human beings.  But we live in a society that has lost its freedom.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRight now the World Court is prosecuting & jailing Hutu victims of CIA-backed genocide, carried out by the Tutsi, for trying to defend themselves against an assault by the Tutsi minority, which has imposed tyranny in Rwanda & Burundi, & now threatens the DR Congo/Zaire, resulting in a million dead so far, the vast majority Hutu.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSincerely,
— Elliot;  N. Merrick, New York
1.  I explained in my article why the total value of the gold in the world needs to be only a small fraction of the value of the transactions to be conducted in gold.  Besides that, what difference does it make if the value of gold is "astronomical", to use your word?  That just means that a little gold will buy a lot of stuff.  You can use silver and copper for small purchases.  Also, I didn't advocate the imposition of a planetary gold standard.  I don't think governments should produce money at all.  I think that anybody who has metal should be able to coin money, or have it coined at a private mint.  Governments might be useful for purposes of assay.  Finally, currency is a stupid idea and planetary currency is even more stupid.  Currency isn't money.  Since it has no intrinsic value, its "value" is entirely under the control of the governments and their lackeys, the banks.
2.  Yes, it's natural for children to have different rights than adults.  More generally, it's natural for some people to have different rights than others.
— continued at the top of Page 3 —
December 1998
Page 2
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 Frontiersman@ida.net

3.  The UN wasn't supposed to have jurisdiction over the behavior of people or over internal matters of nations, but only over matters of international relations between nations.  The claims of genocide are an excuse to extend the jurisdiction of the UN to subject matter that was originally excluded from its jurisdiction by its charter.  Furthermore, the charges of genocide are phoney.  Genocide hasn't occurred until an entire population has been completely exterminated.  Just as you cannot charge someone with murder if the victim survives, so you cannot charge people with genocide if some of the target population survives.  You can, at most, charge them with attempted genocide, which isn't the same thing, and which the World Court is failing to do.
—editor
To:  "Editor, Frontiersman"
Re:  October 1998 Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA truly undocumented person must still drink, eat, excrete, and sleep.  Unless this person is in a wilderness and lives off the land, this person must interact with other people to acquire that which is required.  This requires a medium of exchange for room and board.  This requires a regular income sufficient to pay for room and board.  To do this without the documentation required in these days is impossible without some support from a documented person.  Every document is a tool in the arsenal of the government to keep track of people.  Everything that is licensed, taxed, or otherwise uniquely labeled can be used to keep track of people.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe main idea that comes to mind when the topic of undocumented people are brought up are the illegal aliens.  These people that were successfully smuggled into the USA are not undocumented as they have managed to acquire forged, stolen, or fraudulently acquired documents to be able to more easily acquire employment, room, board, goods, and services in the USA.  Those that are not successful in acquiring documentation are the ones that routinely get deported or worse.  There may be some that will shelter undocumented friends or relatives.  Sweat shops thrive on undocumented workers.  In either case, there will come a time when they get caught.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere are banks, check cashing establishments, and employers that require certain documents.  Do you believe that the government does not use the records of these establishments to keep track of people?  Although germane, the United States Postal Service (USPS) is only one of many institutions that keep track of people for the government.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe black market in forged identification documents is as well known, yet most accept the documents presented without further checking.  Once a birth certificate is accepted by the Social Security Administration, a social security card can be acquired.  From there, all other documents can be acquired in the accepted way.  It is only those not familiar with the system that try to acquire forged driver's licenses, social security cards, green cards, or state identification cards.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere is a service that guarantees to find anyone in the USA within a day.  All they do is search the online public databases for the references supplied by their client.  Do you think the government is not aware of these search methods?  If the government wants you bad enough, they will find you once you interact with any database.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis does not mean that the USPS is not a good source of current information.  I know of a parole officer that sends a monthly questionnaire to each of the parolees that are to report to him.  He sends the form as a registered letter with a return receipt request that can only be delivered at the current address and signed by the recipient.  This satisfies the parole officer's duty to verify the address of the parolee.  There are probably many other ways that the USPS is used to keep track of people.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou could probably take any institution and discover how that institution is being used by the government to keep track of people.  I am probably only scratching the surface of this topic.  You use the telephone.  You have an ISP.  You have a mailing address.  You are known in your community.  The list goes on.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI hope I am not boring you with these thoughts as you are more aware of them than I.  Even so, the truth bears repeating.  Enough said for now as I just deleted a whole other topic that came to mind during this session.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMay the future be kind to you.
— James;  Sacramento, California
1.  I don't advocate phoney ID.  It's merely another way to comply with ID requirements.  You don't oppose the ID system by complying with it, dishonestly or otherwise, but by refusing to comply.
2.  I agree that many institutions help the government control people.  The system of surveillance and control has grown bit by bit.  The problem is that no single bit ever seemed important enough to be worth opposing.  It was always easier to just fill out the form.  Yet, you see the result.  The USPS bit is worth opposing.  Each and every bit must be opposed or we lose our liberty.
— editor

Frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
December 1998
Page 3 

Frontiersman 
479 E. 700 N. 
Firth, Idaho 83236 

Someone who is
in prison
because of the
War on Drugs
is
— by definition —
a Prisoner of War.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAre you related to Homer Simpson?
— Suspicious
Dear Suspicious
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDough!

Acknowledgments
•     My thanks to my reviewers for their assistance.
•     My thanks to The Affiliate, of Vankleek Hill, Ontario for regularly printing reviews of the Frontiersman.
•     My thanks to Sir Donald the Elusive for paying the production costs of this newsletter and for his additional contributions.

— editor

Do You Remember When ...
Author unknown.  Forwarded by Millie, of El Granada, California.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image... an APPLICATION was for employment, a PROGRAM was a TV show, a CURSOR used profanity, a KEYBOARD was a piano, MEMORY was something that you lost with age, a CD was a bank account, and if you had a 3 1/2 inch FLOPPY you hoped nobody found out?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDo you remember when...

COMPRESS was something you did to the garbage
Not something you did to a FILE
And if you UNZIPPED anything in public
You'd be in jail for a while?

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other publications.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash and U.S. postage stamps.  I don't accept checks, money orders, anything that will smell bad by the time it arrives, or anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

December 1998
Page 4
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
Also see Pharos at http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
 Frontiersman@ida.net
 — end of year 5 —
PDF Version of This Insert With Links
PDF Version of This Insert to Print
Back to the Beginning of This Issue
Dear Readers
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWe're presently trying to survive by doing deliveries for a local newspaper.  However, the paper route doesn't come close to covering our expenses.  I estimate that if things continue as they are, then our savings will be gone in less than a year.  If we don't secure an adequate source of cash by that time, then we won't have a way to survive.  We'll probably have to abandon or sell most of what we own.  I'll be forced to terminate the Frontiersman and The Pharos Connection.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'd appreciate any help that any of you can afford to give.  If you feel that you can make a contribution, I'd prefer that you send cash.  If you'd rather send a check, then please make it payable to Jan Mecham.  The address is 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho 83236.
Sincerely,

Sam Aurelius Milam III

Back to the Beginning of This Issue