15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, December 2001
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Liberty Lost
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLiberty is based on a few simple principles.
•     People must have the right to be presumed innocent.
•     An accuser must bear the burden of proof of his accusation.  Therefore, an accused person must never be required to bear the burden of proof of his own innocence.
•     People must never be compelled to provide information that they do not wish to provide.
•     People must have a right to remain silent.  Therefore, someone's refusal to provide information cannot, itself, be used against him.
Page 1 Box 115x5 Page Background GIF ImageSince September 11, the U.S. government has drastically escalated its routine violations of these principles.  However, the majority of Americans are apparently so stupid that they don't even know it.  They certainly haven't demonstrated any awareness of it.  Consequently, they aren't going to continue to have the liberty that preservation of the principles might otherwise have provided.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFurthermore, if the pathetic "flag wavers" who have taken center stage since September 11 had given a damn about the atrocious foreign policy of the U.S. government during the decades prior to September 11, and had ever tried to do something about it, then the September 11 attacks might not have happened at all.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhile I'm certainly disgusted by the arrogant and hypocritical behavior of the U.S. government, I'm even more disgusted by the unswerving stupidity of the Americans who have empowered and tolerated that behavior.  I expect that they are headed for a most painful process of reeducation regarding the fundamental principles of liberty.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Page 1 Box 2
Information from The History Place™
Source:  http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/timeline/enabling.htm
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOn March 23, 1933, the German Parliament (the Reichstag) passed the "Enabling Act," officially entitled the "Law for Removing the Distress of the People and the Reich".  The Enabling Act was in response to the burning of the Reichstag building, seat of the German government, which caused panic and outrage.  The "terrorist" attack was blamed on the extremist opposition, but history has shown that Hitler's own forces contrived the act as a pretext to secure power.  The law effectively established a "legal" dictatorship for Adolf Hitler.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHitler promised that "The government will make use of these powers only insofar as they are essential for carrying out vitally necessary measures ...  The number of cases in which an internal necessity exists for having recourse to such a law is in itself a limited one."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
Also see Pharos at http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
December 2001
Page 1 

Letters to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe following is an excerpt from a much longer message to frontiersman@ida.net.
— editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy do so many people in the Middle East hate us?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMost people in the Middle East hate us and why wouldn't they?  There has been conflict between the Middle East and the West since fifty years after the death of Muhammad in 632 CE, conflict in which we are now on the ascendancy, while they seem mired in the past.  But it wasn't always so.  A vigorous and sophisticated Muslim society in the Middle Ages made Western Europe look like a barnyard.  Muslims invaded Spain early on and occupied it for eight hundred years.  We defeated them at Tours in Northern France in 732 and pushed them out of Spain in 1492.  We invaded the Middle East three times during the Crusades between the years 1000 and 1300.  Eventually, they chased us out.  The Ottoman Turks invaded Europe during the Renaissance and were stopped only at great cost.  We destroyed the Ottoman Empire during World War I and replaced it with states whose borders were chosen by us for our own benefit — incidentally, breaking our word, given during the War, to grant them independence in return for their support.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWe have planted a colony — Israel — in their midst and continue to guarantee its permanency.  We support repressive, corrupt and undemocratic client regimes that serve our strategic and economic interests rather than the interests of their own people.  We perpetually deny them self-determination.  We garrison troops in Saudi Arabia, the sacred Muslim homeland.  With the help of our client governments, we profit hugely from their oil and they do not.  To make matters worse, the corrupt regimes we support propagandize their citizens against us in order to deflect the anger that might otherwise be directed toward them.  Well organized Islamic fundamentalists incorporate hatred of the West, which they feel for the above mentioned reasons, into the religious ideology that they convey very successfully to the Middle Eastern masses.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBut, don't they hate our values and our love of freedom, modernity, etc. as we have been told.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNo doubt many of them do, but it is well to remember that, while we often exemplify these values at home, we usually don't overseas — at least not toward people unlike ourselves;  i.e., those who aren't prosperous, urbane, well-to-do, well-educated and English-speaking.  As for modernism, they simply haven't enjoyed its benefits and have only seen the damage it has done to their culture and their environment.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy are Islamic fundamentalists so successful in garnering popular support throughout the Middle East and the Muslim world?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOur corrupt client regimes have abandoned their own populations to lives of poverty and misery.  Islamic fundamentalists succeed with these populations because they have created a welfare system, in most cases the only welfare system, that tries to meet their material needs and to provide them with a modicum of well being.  They succeed because they provide the usual message of religious solace that at least offers some hope and a "rationalization" of their misery.  They succeed because they organize schools which indoctrinate the children of the poor in their radical religious ideology.
— name withheld at author's request

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSam — Another excellent issue [November 2001], and I particularly enjoyed the review by Don Cormier.  He is an outstanding writer.  Hopefully we'll see more of his writing in future issues!
— Tom;  Redwood Shores, California

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe following is in response to my article "Shameful Surrender", November 2001.
— editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI recently read an article where airport security is having trouble finding a home for confiscated metallic objects like eyelash curlers and nail clippers as well as scissors and pocket knives.  I thought that a pencil would make a better weapon than some of the confiscated items, yet pencils are not on the banned list.  What the charitable agencies will not take are destined to become land fill.  The article did mention that the return of the confiscated objects to their rightful owners would be a hardship on the government [double whoopee ding ding —editor].  I presume that none of the objects were labeled with the owner's name and address.  At the very least, the materials to ship the confiscated materials home could have been made available for a fee.  A shipping company could have made a fortune by setting up shop next to the checkpoints. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf you include all the wars, police actions, and internal disputes, the total [number of Americans who have sacrificed themselves for the sake of their liberty] is in the millions, not the tens of thousands.  If you include those that tried to resist government oppression, the total may even be in the tens of millions.
— Sir James the Bold

December 2001
Page 2
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 frontiersman@ida.net

United Nations Agenda 21
John Tisdale
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Freedom 21 group is a local response to United Nations Agenda 21 — the UN blueprint for world governance in the 21st century.  Agenda 21 is hammering away at top speed in Santa Cruz county [California], propelled by the fascist Santa Cruz bureaucracy.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt affects me personally.  That's why I'm getting involved.  My little community has its own private water company serving 17 houses.  The water comes from a spring that runs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.  We pump water from the spring to a holding tank on top of a hill, then gravity feed to the individual houses.  We use only a small portion of the water from the spring, and the rest flows down a creek to the ocean.  Of course, this is wasteful, but the spring has been flowing like this for millions of years.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageUnited Nations Agenda 21 mandates a world-wide goal of reducing water consumption from the present 70 gallons a day per person to 10 gallons a day per person.  In line with this mandate, implementing U.N. treaties, completely circumventing U.S., state, and local law, Santa Cruz County is requiring us to put water meters on our spring-fed supply lines.  The county intends to monitor our water consumption, eventually limiting us to 10 gallons a day per person.  We are being targeted first because we are highly visible, but this same fascism is coming soon to a faucet near you.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe consequences are far greater, however, than 10 gallons for you and me.  Agriculture, for example, requires a lot more than 70 gallons a day per person;  think of the disruption.  But disruption is the intent — disruption, devastation, chaos, leading to total world-wide fascist control.  A liberal utopia.  If Hitler had been a little smarter, he would have said "Today the water, tomorrow the world."  Simple.  Effective.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
The Galaxian Lesson
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack during the early and middle 80's, I spent a bit of time in the video arcades.  My favorite game was Galaxian.  While I wasn't by any means an expert, I could at least play the game well enough that it didn't seem like a complete waste of a token.  I usually reached maybe level 3 or 4 before the machine got me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOne day, I strolled into the arcade and observed that my favorite console was occupied by some young fellow who I discovered, after a minute or so of observation, was far and away a better player than I would ever be.  His cool command of the game was a marvel to behold.  His play was flawless.  With a sure eye and a quick hand, he obliterated every target that appeared on the screen.  The machine couldn't touch him.  He had reached a level that I hadn't even dreamed existed.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI had just about decided that the guy would be able to continue indefinitely when a fetching young lass about his age drifted over and placed a token on the console, just below the screen.  For the briefest instant, his eyes flicked her direction.  That one glance was all it took.  His concentration was totally shattered.  She had rendered him utterly incompetent.  Within 15 seconds, he was out of the game and ....
15x5 Page Background GIF Image... THAT is a good example why men and women should not be expected to work together in the same workplace.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageMale Symbol

Liberty Video — Mighty Joe Young
Reviewed by Don J. Cormier
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis story has been filmed twice, once in the late 40's, and more recently in 1998.  This is a review of the more recent film, which is directed by Ron Underwood, and which stars Charlize Theron, Bill Paxton, and the astounding special-effects skills of the Walt Disney Studios.  The theme of the film is the conflict of natural innocence and civilized corruption.  "Joe" of the title is a giant gorilla, who is taken away from his natural African habitat, and put on display in Los Angeles.  Corrupt humans try to kill Joe but, after complicated adventures, Joe ends up back in his African home.  The film raises all sorts of political questions about the preservation of the environment, the proper relationship between humans and other species, the impact of Western culture on less high-tech cultures, and the relative value of civilization.  Theodore Kaczynski should love this movie!  Ironically, real-life civilization is responsible for the "performance" of Mighty Joe, because the giant ape is mostly a marvelous computer animation.  Cybernetic Joe definitely steals the show from the merely human performers, who tend to either over or under act.  Perhaps because it was based on a 1940's source, the film is highly melodramatic.  Still, for kids, and for adults who can psyche themselves into a kiddy matinee mind-set, Mighty Joe Young presents inspirational themes.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
December 2001
Page 3 

Frontiersman 
479 E.  700 N. 
Firth, Idaho 83236 

The means of defense
against foreign danger
historically have become
the instruments of tyranny
at home.
— James Madison
15x15 Page Backgound GIF Image

Flag

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat do you think of the current state of world-wide commercial intercourse in today's globalized marketplace?
— Alan G.
Dear Alan G.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf they catch you doin' that kinda thing for money, they're gonna put you in jail.

Acknowledgments
•     My thanks to The Thought, of Glendale, Arizona and to The Affiliate, of Vankleek Hill, Ontario for printing reviews of the Frontiersman.
•     My thanks to Lady Helen the Gracious, Lady Shirley the Benevolent, Sir James the Bold, Sir John the Generous, and Sir Donald the Elusive for their assistance.

— editor

Math Test For Today's Gang Members
(In order to make the learning process more effective, material should be written to more closely fit the experiences of today's youth.  In that vain, here are some math questions designed for today's gang members.)
Original source unknown.  Forwarded by Sir John the Generous.
•     Johnny has an AK-47 with an 80-round clip.  If he misses 6 out of 10 shots and shoots 13 times at each drive-by shooting, how many drive-by shootings can he attempt before he has to reload?
•     Jose has 2 ounces of cocaine and he sells an 8-bail to Jackson for $320 and 2 grams to Billy for $85 per gram.  What is the street value of the balance of the cocaine if he doesn't cut it?
•     Jerome wants to cut his 1/2 pound of heroin to make 20% more profit.  How many ounces of cut will he need?

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash and U.S. postage stamps.  I will accept checks or money orders only by prior arrangement.  I don't accept anything that will smell bad by the time it arrives or anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

December 2001
Page 4
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 frontiersman@ida.net

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue