15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, July 2002
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
International Law and the Siren Song
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageInternational Law exists in many levels of formality, from tradition and customary practice through treaties and formal declarations.  It deals with all of the relationships between nations, including extradition;  ambassadors and diplomacy;  grievances and redress; Page 1 Boxself-defense;  rules of war, including treatment of combatants, prisoners, non-combatants, and civilians;  rules of blockades, seizures, captures at sea, and ransoms;  rules of neutrality;  sieges;  rules of international waters;  piracy;  trade;  international boundaries;  and national sovereignty.  It is broad in scope and complex in substance.  It has never been written down all in one place, and probably never will be. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe roots of International Law are lost in antiquity but it has always been founded on considerations of the nature and consequences of national sovereignty.  One generally accepted consequence of national sovereignty has been the understanding that interference in the internal affairs of another nation is inappropriate.  It is that aspect of International Law that has changed most profoundly in recent decades, and which most urgently demands our attention.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn modern times, a kind of evangelism has increasingly influenced the relationships between nations.  Using such concerns as "genocide", "ethnic cleansing", "crimes against humanity", and "war crimes", reformers have promoted the idea that national sovereignty should be subordinated to the protection of "human rights".  To implement their belief, they have promoted the idea of an "international community", a new euphemism for the age-old desire of evangelists to reform the behavior of other people.  That idea is now being used to justify intrusions by powerful nations and powerful alliances of nations into the domestic affairs of weaker nations, under the auspices of the international community and in the name of human rights.  As a consequence, there are now various international agencies, courts, and tribunals, permanent and temporary, which claim jurisdictions over domestic matters within nations.  The jurisdictions are often imposed by force or coercion, whether or not the nations subjected to them have actually consented to them.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSuch a fundamental departure from traditional international relations suggests a pervasive ignorance of International Law.  In that regard consider that, in the 1889 edition of Bouvier's Law Dictionary, the description of International Law was 3028 words in length and included 15 references to other sources in history or literature.  Ninety years later, the description of International Law in the 1979 edition of Black's Law Dictionary was 30 words in length and didn't include any references at all.  It's little wonder that International Law has become a tool of convenience for reformers.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe advertised advantages of the international community lure the unwary, like a Siren Song.  However, the result will not be international harmony.  It will be a one-world tyranny.  Granted, the behavior of nations is abominable.  However, the answer to that behavior isn't the creation of a single, huge, all-powerful one-world tyranny.  The answer is the reduction of the powers of existing nations and, thereby, the reduction of their ability to do harm.  International Law provides a tool whereby the impending one-world tyranny might be stopped.  If we can manage that, then we can continue the job of reducing the powers of existing nations.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
Also see Pharos at http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
July 2002
Page 1 

Letters to the Editor
Dear Sam;
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am usually impressed with your articles, and we usually are in total agreement on all subjects, however, I disagree with you on the sexual molestation that you raised in To Each His Own [page 2, May 2002].  I believe that children are not ready for this sort of experience or knowledge until they are older.  I cannot say how old, but at least a lot older than most pedophiles would have it.  As a prisoner in a state correctional facility, I see a lot of these sick people.  They make me sick.  I strongly disagree with anyone who may defend them.  I can see the point that you are trying to make, and I cannot argue for or against the words, however, I can say that it is wrong.  Enough said on that issue.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow about the FBI getting more power?  Spooky, huh?  not good at all.  What can be done?  I see nothing at this point in time but to wait.  We know what will happen.  It is only a matter of time.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageStill enjoy your newsletter and the other stuff you enclose.  Have a good one, Fare ye well, etc.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSincerely,
— Brian;  Sterling, Colorado
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRegarding the FBI, I believe that is was already too powerful.  I believe that it should be abolished.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRegarding the newsletter, I'm happy to send it to you.  I appreciate having your opinions and observations.  We don't need to agree on every point, only to respect one another in spite of our differences.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRegarding the pedophilia issue, there are several problems, beginning with problems of definition.  One problem is that the term is being incorrectly applied to adults who have sexual relationships with anyone other than an adult.  In fact, pedophilia is a sexual attraction to children, whether or not the pedophile actually has sexual relationships with children.  Thus, merely being a pedophile doesn't necessarily cause harm any more than merely being an alcoholic necessarily causes harm.  It depends upon the behavior of the person, not upon his category.  Also, attraction to adolescents isn't pedophilia.  Only attraction to children is pedophilia.  The distinction is important.  For most of the history of the human race, adolescents went by a different name — parents.  Only in recent times have people that age been expected to be sexually inactive.  I will also note that you cannot expect adolescents to be prepared for sexual relationships if you keep children ignorant.  By puberty, every human being should be well educated regarding sexual matters.  If you think sexual education is a bad idea, try sexual ignorance.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageToday, pedophiles (by the incorrect definition) are punished merely because they are perceived as pedophiles, without any objective proof that their behavior is really the cause of actual harm.  That mentality is reminiscent of the Nazis, who punished Jews merely because they were Jews, without any objective proof that the Jews had caused actual harm.  It is never acceptable to punish someone merely because of what he is.  It isn't even acceptable to punish him for what he has done, unless it can be objectively proven that his behavior has caused actual harm.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI have proposed that the harm often associated with sexual relationships between adults and adolescents (which do not denote pedophilia!) isn't caused by the adult participants in such relationships.  I contend that the harm is caused by the arrogant evangelists who have taken it upon themselves to define sin and evil for the rest of us, and who go to great lengths to make sure that such relationships are harmful, whether or not the relationships would have been harmful without the interference of the evangelists.  I challenge all critics of such relationships to prove that I am wrong.  If they cannot do so, then we are witnessing a Christian pogrom in which the evangelists are the perpetrators of evil and in which the participants in the sexual relationships, both adults and adolescents, are the victims.
— editor

Sam:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYour writing reflects a great mind — it actually thinks!  What a rare wonder today.  I don't agree with all written (mine thinks too!), but some most excellent nexuses of affinity.  Would appreciate back issues, yes.  Thank you for the newsletter, this p-card (thoughtful) [I enclosed with the sample newsletter a postage-paid, self addressed subscription request card] & your efforts for freedom even for a braindead, unappreciative populace.
— P.F., kidnapped 19 years, in innocence (so far);
Lancaster, California

July 2002
Page 2
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 frontiersman@ida.net

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe following two messages were in response to "Do What the Bible Says", page 2, June 2002.
— editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThanks for this issue, Sam.  The article on Dr. Laura was a stitch!
— Bob;  San Jose, California
Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe piece on Leviticus was hilarious.  Ought to be required reading in every classroom and courtroom in the nation.
— Joseph;  Burbank, California

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe following message was in response to "For the Children", page 1, June 2002.
— editor
reading your mag this month:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThey already can do this if you are under the CPS already:  children whose parents don't keep the house clean enough.  (dirty windows)
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAlso you forgot to mention that in some state (washington?) if kid play hooky from school even without parents knowledge the parent gets fined.
— Çârôlÿñ;  Hawaii

Dear Sam — Greetings!
15x5 Page Background GIF Image...  I really agree with your "Selection" process [Better Idea, page 1, May 2002], and way back in the day people did select the "Statesmen", and communities ran very well!  It is because of the dumbing-down, public education, controlled press, etc. that we have our "ills", so, until we throw off the "Democracy" it will only get worse!  I had hoped to really (completely) home-school [my son] to be a true American, however, [former wife] had her own agenda, and now she's putting [my son] in Public School and there is 0 I can do about it....  I also really enjoyed & agree with your article "Each to His Own" [To Each His Own, page 2, May 2002], and I don't know if you recall, but about 12 years ago in Loompanic Catalog [spelling?] there was a 10 pg article called, "The Meat Grinder".  It really reamed the CPS and brought out the fallacy of "harm".  The HARM came from the questioning, turning a learning experience into a "nasty-dirty" thing, etc.  I was fortunate that I grew up nudist & on a farm!  It is really sad & hypocritical that CA makes no difference between "consensual" & use of force!  Sex get you killed in prison!  Note my cell # in the "Hole" — I got put in here because I wrote poems & erotic dreams (I did NOT give them to anyone!) with a nurses name & now I am deemed "a threat to the safety & security of the institution".  Anyway, I "appealed" it and they have until 6-3-02 to overturn it!  Then I take it to "Court" (They charged me with "Sexual Misconduct") and I NEVER even did anything!  Then they tried to justify it by saying my poems & erotic dreams (which I Never gave to anyone!) was "obscene material"!  They don't even know their own laws!  The Statute (P.C.  311) says "obscene material" has to be "brought into the state or (prison) and exhibited! in order to "appeal to the prurient interest" and has to "lack literary, artistic or scientific value".  Well, since I never gave them to anyone it is protected under the First Amendment....  So I refuted each & every Non Sequitur & claim, and I'm waiting for the Warden to release me from the "Hole" & if he doesn't I'll take it to court & see how much $$ they want to spend!
— Eric;  Vacaville, California

Greetings Sam:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYesterday I started to write a letter to you but I got sidetracked.  Went to the livestock auction for awhile;  came home and found the June Frontiersman hiding among the VISA statement and 5, yes, 5, offers to apply for a Mastercard.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI liked this issue the best of any I have seen so far....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am slipping copies of your newsletter into mail to other folks.  Maybe they will read it;  maybe not.  Some might contact you.  Who knows?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI would be interested in reading the other issues containing articles regarding the "war on terrorism".  I don't have anything to offer you in return;  however, if you feel like bundling some copies up and sending them along, I will read them.  And then send them to some other people.  So..
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTake care.
— Rodney;  Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia

Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy friend just got out of traffic court.  He was stopped on the Interstate for speeding.  He requested the officer's ticket list for that day from the police dept.  He wanted to see if they all were going under the legal speed as he was.  They assured him that they would send him the list.  Of course they didn't.  When he questioned the officer, the officer lied under oath about
July 2002
Page 3 

driving conditions and heaviness of traffic.  My friend was, of course, found guilty.  My friend made the comment to me that if the cops would lie about a simple traffic ticket, what would they do in a major case?  The simple fact is that no cop is going to make himself look like a jerk by telling the truth in either a marginal case or one that he totally screwed up.  The sad part is that judges hear this crap every day.  They would have to absolutely know when a cop is lying.  BUT, being part of a corrupt system, they (almost) always go along with the perjuring cop.  With Bush's Homeland Security Dept. we can only fear where the honest citizen is going to end up.  Who hasn't said something derogatory about our government at sometime in their life?  From my understanding, the government can declare you a homeland terrorist for speaking out ...  And hold you without Writ of Habeas Corpus ...   The future is not only going to be interesting but downright scary.  Now I know why they've built all those concentration camps out West.  And have you noticed how new schools look like penitentiaries?  They will be easily converted when the time is ripe.
— Don G.

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe following item was forwarded by Bob, of San Jose, California
— editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe following letter was read by the author at this year's "In Celebration of the Muse," Cabrillo College.  She was the highlight of the evening.  The author is a woman of 60+ years, conservatively dressed, and obviously quite talented.
AN OPEN LETTER TO JOHN ASHCROFT, ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOn January 28, 2002, Attorney General John Ashcroft announced that he spent $8,000 of taxpayer's money for drapes to cover up the exposed breast of The Spirit of Justice, an 18 ft aluminum statue of a woman that stands in the Department of Justice's Hall of Justice.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageJohn, John, John, you've got your priorities all wrong.  While men fly airplanes into skyscrapers, dive bomb the pentagon, while they stick explosives into their shoes, and then book a seat right next to us, while they hide knives in their luggage, steal kids on school buses, take little girls from their beds at night, drive trucks into our state capital buildings, while our president calls dangerous men all over the world evildoers and devils, while we live in the threat of biological warfare, nuclear destruction, annihilation ... you are out buying yardage to save Americans from the appalling, alarming, abominable aluminum alloy of evil ... that terrible ten foot tin tittie.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou might not be able to find Bin Laden.  But you sure as hell found the hooter in the Hall of Justice.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's not that we aren't grateful.  But while we were begging the women of Afghanistan to not cover up their faces you are begging your staff members to just cover up that nipple to save the American people from that monstrous metal mammary.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow can we ever thank you?  So, in your office every morning in your secret prayer meeting, while an American woman is sexually assaulted every 6 seconds, while anthrax floats around the post office and settles in the chests of senior citizens ... you've got another chest on your mind.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhile American sons arrive home in body bags and heat seeking missiles fly around a foreign country looking for any warm body ... you think of another body.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnd you pray for the biggest bra in the world, John, because you see that breast on the Spirit of Justice is in the spirit of your own inhibited sexuality.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnd when we women see our grandmothers, our mothers, our daughters, our granddaughters, our sisters, ourselves ... when we women see that statue, the Spirit of Justice, we see the spirit of strength and the spirit of survival.  While every day we view innocent bodies dragged out of rubble, and women and children laid out like thin limp dolls and baptized into death as collateral damage, and the hollow eyed Afghani mother's milk has dried up underneath her burka in famine, in shame, and her children are dead at her breast.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhile you look at that breast, John, that jug on the Spirit of Justice and deal with your thoughts of lust and sex and nakedness, we see it as a testimony to motherhood ... and you see it as a tit.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's not the money it cost.  It's the message you send.  We've got the right to live in freedom.  We've got the right to cheat Americans out of
July 2002
Page 4
 frontiersman@ida.net

millions of dollars and then just not want to tell congress about it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWe've got the right to drop bombs night and day on a small country that has no Army, no Navy, no military at all, because we've got the right to bear arms, but we just better not even think about the right to bare breasts.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo, now John, you can be photographed while you stand there and talk about guns and bombs and poisons without the breast appearing over your right shoulder, without that bodacious bosom bothering you, and we just wanted to tell you in the spirit of justice, in the spirit of truth:  John, there is still one very big boob left standing there in that picture.
— Claire Braz-Valentine

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe following message was part of an ongoing internet discussion.  I was one of the recipients.
— editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSome of you are probably applauding George Bush's apparent decision (supported by lots of "me to" politicians) to deploy a covert operation to overthrow the present leadership of the Iraqi government, including capturing or killing it's ruler, Saddam Hussein.   After all, Saddam seems like an unpleasant sort of man and he's been accused of some pretty rotten things, including supporting "international terrorism."  But, wait.  Is this really a method we should be supporting?   Regardless of how much you , I or George Bush happens to dislike Saddam Hussein, is it rightfully our place to determine who runs the Iraqi government?  What would have been the typical American's reaction to an operation sponsored by the Bosnian authorities to assassinate Bill Clinton in response to his unprovoked terrorism against that country?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf there is evidence that something is going on in Iraq that presents a direct threat to the US, why not deal with it in the same way we did in Afghanistan?   Make whatever demands may be necessary to verify/stop it, then after a reasonable period if the Iraqi authorities don't comply with the demands, proceed overtly to enforce them as necessary.  This is how legitimate governments pursue legitimate interests.  Attempting to kidnap or assassinate a foreign ruler looks to me a lot like an international terrorist act.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis of course would not be the first international terrorist act sponsored by various US presidents.  Panama - 1989, Somalia - 1993 and Bosnia - 1998 were some obvious recent examples.  It seems to me the main differences between US sponsored terrorism and that of third world countries is US terrorist acts are often relatively more devastating, and the US government can get away with them with impunity, at least for now, due its overwhelming military superiority.  It is very difficult for presidents to resist the popular support that usually accompanies military confrontations with other countries, regardless of the excuse for the confrontation.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere presently is no military force capable of effectively curbing the US government's lust for foreign violence.  The only near term chance I can envision for stopping our government's terrorism is for enough Americans to stop supporting it.  Our failure to somehow halt this terrorism can only result in future retaliation against our kids or grand kids, if not ourselves.
—Steve;  Fremont, California

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI didn't try to verify the authenticity of the following quote.  It was forwarded to me by "infowars" <infowars@att.net>.
— editor
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword.  It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind.  And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry.  Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow do I know?  For this is what I have done.  And I am Caesar."
— Julius Caesar
Help me defend liberty.
•  Make and distribute extra copies of the Frontiersman.
•  Publicize Pharos:
http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
•  Shop at Moonlight Sales:
http://homepage.mac.com/moonlight_sales/Moonlight_Sales.html
•  Send cash contributions (no checks, please) to Frontiersman, 479 E.  700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236.
•  Seek liberty in your own life.

July 2002
Page 5 

Frontiersman 
479 E.  700 N. 
Firth, Idaho  83236 

It is inappropriate to
administer a formal and
binding oath to minors.
15x15 Page Backgroung GIF Image
Flag

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
What do you think of bagels as a tasty part of an easy-to-prepare breakfast?
— Young Wife
Dear Young Wife
We don't eat tha little critters in these parts.  We just use 'em to hunt foxes.

Acknowledgments
My thanks to the following for their assistance:  Lady Helen the Gracious, Lady Shirley the Benevolent, Sir James the Bold, Sir John the Generous, Sir Donald the Elusive, The Thought, of Glendale, Arizona, The Affiliate, of Vankleek Hill, Ontario and, Rodney, of Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia.

— editor

Words of Wisdom From Children
Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Warren, of Pocatello, Idaho
•     You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.

— Armir, age 9
•     If you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse.
— Naomi, age 15
•     Felt markers are not good to use as lipstick.
— Lauren, age 9
•     Don't pick on your sister when she's holding a baseball bat.
— Joel, age 10
•     Never try to baptize a cat.
— Eileen, age 8

Enigma
Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Bob, of San Jose, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf a man says something in the middle of a forest and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash, U.S. postage stamps, prepaid telephone cards, and so forth.  I will accept checks or money orders only by prior arrangement.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea. 
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

July 2002
Page 6
 frontiersman@ida.net

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue