15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, January 2003
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
No New Pledges Yet
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo far, I haven't received any new pledges of support.  Is anybody interested?  I'm going to need help if I'm going to continue my efforts to restore liberty on this continent.  I can't do it alone.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Give Us A Break
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOn December 20, 2002, John Stossel presented a 20/20 segment in which he was aghast that some action figures available for sale to children have somewhat visible sexual parts.  There were interviews with various people, mostly women, who were likewise aghast at (and probably envious of) the mohonga knockers on some of the female action figures.  I think he edited the interviews, because there weren’t many favorable opinions presented.  However, he really revealed his previously hidden other side when he zoomed in to the bulging crotch of a male action figure and wondered what mommy is supposed to say when her kid asks what that is.  Give us a break!  She’s supposed to say its a penis!  If the kid hasn’t seen a penis yet by the time that question is asked, then the time is long overdue to get daddy into the living room for a demonstration.  If daddy doesn’t live there anymore, then mommy had better improvise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf you think that such real education for kids is a bad idea, then I can tell a story I heard somewhere, possibly true, of the kind of thing that can result from the alternative — real ignorance.  A mother brought her new son home from the hospital.  When the young daughter got a look at him she asked about his penis.  Mommy said it was just a little piece that God forgot to remove.  At her first opportunity, the little girl got the scissors and removed it.  She thought she was doing God’s work.  Evangelism and ignorance, what a combination.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMay all of you pathetic advocates of ignorant children get exactly what you deserve.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Big Piece of Cardboard
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm still looking for someplace else to live.  I need several rooms for my furniture, books, tools, and other possessions.  I need the use of a telephone line for internet access.  I'm permanently unemployed, so the only way that I can pay for such accommodations is to do some sort of work in exchange for room and board.  Of course, accommodations donated by someone who supports my political fight would be nice.  I'd like to hear from anyone who's willing to discuss some such arrangement.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Help me defend liberty.
•  Make and distribute extra copies of the Frontiersman.
•  Publicize Pharos:
http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
•  Shop at Moonlight Sales:
http://www.myplanet.net/moonlightsales/Moonlight_Sales.html
•  Send cash contributions (no checks, please) to Frontiersman, 479 E.  700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236.
•  Seek liberty in your own life.
Letters to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis article was forwarded by carolync under the subject line, "AhA!  More evidence for your position of no mix-gender at the workplace!!  Buh-ha-ha-hahaha (giggle snort)".  I don't know the original source of the article.

— editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA separatist group operating in north-eastern India has decided to no longer accept women into their ranks.  The organization gives a very simple explanation:  there have been too many instances when male terrorists fell in love with female members and gave up the armed struggle.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Tripura National Liberation Front, which is fighting for separation from India, admitted about 70 young members last year to create a special unit consisting of women only, the Indian police informs.  However, the action produced quite the opposite effect:  male terrorists
frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
Also see Pharos at http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
January 2003
Page 1 

established contacts with female terrorists.  Chief of the Tripura police Agartali Jaidev Dass says the presence of women caused a lack of discipline in the organization.  Some of the terrorists even abandoned the organization, which weakened its strength.  Some of them surrendered to security services, while others went into hiding, afraid of revenge from the rest of the group.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFormer member of the separatist group Makai Debarma, 25, and his 20-year-old wife Sharmil Debarma surrendered to the Indian police at the end of the last week.  "Terrorist life completely emptied me.  When I met Sharmil in the training camp, I fell in love with her;  after several months, we escaped and got married," Makai says.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe next article was also forwarded by carolync.  I don't know the source of the article, but there's a URL for additional information at the end of the article.  Maybe the article came from that location.  I don't know.
— editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHey!  On the California Appeals Court ruling on the Second Amendment:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe three judges, who draw their salaries from a government afraid of an armed citizenry, has greatly erred in claiming that the Second Amendment is not an individual right to bear arms.  No court has ever challenged the concept that the other rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights confer individual, not collective rights.  INDIVIDUALS have the right to worship as they choose.  INDIVIDUALS have a right to freedom of speech.  INDIVIDUALS have a protection against self-incrimination.  INDIVIDUALS have a right not to be subject to unreasonable search and seizure.  INDIVIDUALS have a right not to be subject to cruel and unusual punishment.  In taking the position that the Second Amendment confers only a collective right to gun ownership within the context of a state-organized body, the court has set a precedent that only within such state-organized bodies may the other rights be granted, i.e. only in a state-organized group may there be freedom of speech. ...................
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMore on the right to keep and bear arms HERE
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/RKBA/rkba.html10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

15x5 Page Background GIF Image[Regarding the article Title of Nobility, last month]  The premise does not hold water, ie a drivers license is available to anyone that can demonstrate knowledge of the DMV rules, ability to safely operate a vehicle, and pay the fees.  There is no implication of exclusivity that is implied by nobility.  Despite this, I am sure that none of your readers will realize it and mention it to you.  Thus, I would not suggest any conceptual changes.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image[Regarding Stray Thoughts, last month]  I am not as generous in my opinion as you seem to me;  Voting in Australia is a duty that is mandatory unless you get an approved exemption.

— Sir James the Bold
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRegarding the title of nobility article, you're wrong about the driver's license.  There are many forms of privileged behavior that are permitted to someone who has a driver's license and prohibited to someone who doesn't.  Your fallacy is in believing that the definition of a title of nobility has anything to do with how it is obtained.  How a title of nobility is obtained is irrelevant.  Whether it is hereditary, granted as a reward for valor, purchased, or obtained in any other way, the definition of a title of nobility is in its effect, in its consequences, not in its origin.  A driver's license entitles its holder to participation in restricted, privileged activities.  Those people are members of an aristocracy.  Commoners, those of us who don't have the grant of privilege, are punished if we try to participate in the privileged activities.  Poaching on the king's land and driving without a license are exactly the same, in principle.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI wasn't aware that voting was mandatory in Australia but it isn't surprising.  Don't be surprised when it happens here.
— editor

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
— Thomas Jefferson
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSince the dumbing down of our schools, this statement is more accurate than ever...  Ask the average person ANYTHING about our Constitution or how our government (is suppose) to work and they do not have a clue.  The sad truth is that not only don't they know any thing, they don't want to know anything.  Just watch Jay Leno when he has his "JayWalking" segment airing. 
— Don G.

January 2003
Page 2
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 frontiersman@ida.net

15x5 Page Background GIF Image... well, now that the police state is here under a GOP president, I wonder what will happen to the anti-big government, anti-tax, isolationist wing of conservatism.
— Joseph;  Burbank, California

Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWas reading a recent Frontiersman wherein it is asked how long will Americans sit by passively while the government steals their rights?  Good point — and what do you think the answer is?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI ask this because every activist I know, rightwing or leftwing, asks the same question:  why are Americans so passive?
— Joseph;  Burbank, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageConsider the Declaration of Independence.
"... all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."
— from the Declaration of Independence
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAlso consider the miniseries Amerika.
"I suppose there will have to be new revolutions, with new generations who will have to discover the values which our forefathers handed down to us.  If those truths stop being real, maybe it's better to let 'em go, to let some new generation discover as though for the first time.  Maybe freedom is just one of those things you can't inherit."
— from The Soliloquy at the Lincoln Memorial
by Peter Arthur Bradford
in the miniseries Amerika
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAlso, consider the power of human stupidity.  I had hoped for better than that from Americans but, after more than 30 years of trying to educate them and motivate them, I don't seem to have accomplished much.  Maybe an understanding of liberty is just one of those things that cannot be taught, but only learned.  Maybe it must be learned the hard way.  I expect that the Jews had acquired a very thorough understanding of liberty by the time the Nazis turned on the gas.  Americans are headed for a tough lesson.
— editor

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSam - Your newsletter always has great information, but sometimes your views surprise me.  In the December issue, you suggest we abolish driver's licenses.  I believe doing so would result in a lot more terrible traffic accidents and problems.  Sure, it costs a lot to administer licensing, but just think of all the lives that might be adversely affected (e.g., deaths, injuries) without control.  Don't you think it's really worth keeping?  As a driver, I believe the DMV fees I pay are well worth the benefits received. 
— Tom;  Redwood City, California
•     I don't believe that a driver's license makes someone a better driver.  Even if it does, that still doesn't justify making it mandatory.  If you really believe that people should be required to have certification to drive (I don't), then why does that certification have to be issued by the government?  Why can't driving schools issue certificates of competence to their graduates?  Why can't that be sufficient when a traffic cop wants to know if somebody can drive?  If somebody passes "Driver's Ed" in high school, then why isn't his high school diploma sufficient as a driver's license?
•     You think that lives will be "adversely affected (e.g., deaths, injuries) without control"?  The control that you advocate doesn't promote better driving.  It promotes repressive government.  Many lives have been "adversely affected" (e.g., repression, imprisonment) by such control.  I'd rather have my liberty and just acknowledge that the roads are dangerous, and take my chances.
•     No, I don't think driver's licenses are worth keeping.
•     You think that the DMV fees are worth the "benefits received"?  You don't receive any benefits from the DMV, unless you think being compelled to surrender your rights is a benefit.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNow, I have a couple of questions for you.  How many times in your life while you were out on the road driving has a traffic cop asked you to show a driver's license to assure him that you know how to drive?  The answer is probably "never".  How many time when you were not out on the road driving has someone who wasn't a traffic cop asked you to show a driver's license to verify your permission to engage in some privileged activity?  The answer is probably "thousands of times".  The conclusion should be obvious.  You don't show it to prove that you can drive.  You show it to verify your permission to engage in privileged activities.  How simple does it have to get?  It isn't a driver's license.  It's a title of nobility.
— editor

January 2003
Page 3

Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFor what it's worth, I do hope you can/will continue your paper, as so few among us today can express the needed material you do.  I am truly distraught over your circumstances of poverty;  reminiscent of many in history who had the greatest of minds and value to give, but the wicked beasts kept them in the most wretched of conditions & rewards ....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm literally astonished that people who have shown some intelligence in the past in your paper, (Tom, Redwood City), can't see as plain as the shoes on his feet that govt have always been the terrorists;  or if one would separate the term from govt, that the latter has always been far more dangerous than any (other) "terrorists."  Politicians "created" the "terrorist" concept to cover their own terror against people who just want to be left alone and live their lives.  Other than that, I don’t think there are any "terrorists."  At most, there are those people who are fighting in self defense against the true politician terrorists.  Guerrilla warfare is the closest one could say war comes to being "terrorism", but that is still a mere form of war, usually an act of self-defense against so called govt./politicians....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI pray that you will be treated rightly by having someone sponsor you/your work, where you can have the fine environment you deserve.  I pray for your good welfare, and will continue.
— Anonymous
Swastika Flag
How to Sing the Blues
Source Unknown.  Forwarded by carolync.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image1.  Most Blues begin with:  "Woke up this morning ...."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image2.  "I got a good woman" is a bad way to begin the Blues, unless you stick something nasty in the next line like, "I got a good woman, with the meanest face in town."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image3.  The Blues is simple.  After you get the first line right, repeat it.  Then find something that rhymes ... sort of:  "Got a good woman with the meanest face in town.  Yes, I got a good woman with the meanest face in town.  Got teeth like Margaret Thatcher, and she weigh 500 pounds."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image4.  The Blues is not about choice.  You stuck in a ditch, — ain't no way out.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image5.  Blues cars:  Chevys, Fords, Cadillacs and broken-down trucks.  Blues don't travel in Volvos, BMWs, or Sport Utility Vehicles.  Most Blues transportation is a Greyhound bus or a southbound train.  Jet aircraft and state-sponsored motor pools ain't even in the running.  Walkin' plays a major part in the blues lifestyle.  So does fixin' to die.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image6.  Teenagers can't sing the Blues.  They ain't fixin' to die yet.  Adults sing the Blues.  In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image7.  Blues can take place in New York City but not in Hawaii or any place in Canada.  Hard times in Minneapolis or Seattle is probably just clinical depression.  Chicago, St. Louis, and Kansas City are still the best places to have the Blues.  You cannot have the blues in any place that don't get rain.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image8.  A man with male pattern baldness ain't the blues.  A woman with male pattern baldness is.  Breaking your leg 'cause you were skiing is not the blues.  Breaking your leg 'cause a alligator be chomping on it is.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image9.  You can't have no Blues in a office or a shopping mall.  The lighting is wrong.  Go outside to the parking lot or sit by the dumpster.
10x5 Page Background GIF Image10.  Good places for the Blues:
15x5 Page Background GIF Image5x5 Page Background GIF Imagea.  highway
15x5 Page Background GIF Image5x5 Page Background GIF Imageb.  jail house
15x5 Page Background GIF Image5x5 Page Background GIF Imagec.  empty bed
15x5 Page Background GIF Image5x5 Page Background GIF Imaged.  bottom of a whiskey glass
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageBad places for the Blues:
15x5 Page Background GIF Image5x5 Page Background GIF Imagea.  Nordstrom's
15x5 Page Background GIF Image5x5 Page Background GIF Imageb.  gallery openings
15x5 Page Background GIF Image5x5 Page Background GIF Imagec.  Ivy League institutions
15x5 Page Background GIF Image5x5 Page Background GIF Imaged.  golf courses
10x5 Page Background GIF Image11.  No one will believe it's the Blues if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be an old ethnic
January 2003
Page 4
 frontiersman@ida.net

person, and you slept in it.
10x5 Page Background GIF Image12.  Do you have the right to sing the Blues?  Yes, if:
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagea.  you older than dirt
15x5 Page Background GIF Imageb.  you blind
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagec.  you shot a man in Memphis
15x5 Page Background GIF Imaged.  you can't be satisfied
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageNo, if:
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagea.  you have all your teeth
15x5 Page Background GIF Imageb.  you were once blind but now can see
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagec.  the man in Memphis lived
15x5 Page Background GIF Imaged.  you have a 401K or trust fund
10x5 Page Background GIF Image13.  Blues is not a matter of color.  It's a matter of bad luck.  Tiger Woods cannot sing the blues.  Sonny Liston could.  Ugly white people also got a leg up on the blues.
10x5 Page Background GIF Image14.  If you ask for water and your darlin' give you gasoline, it's the Blues.  Other acceptable Blues beverages are:
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagea.  cheap wine
15x5 Page Background GIF Imageb.  whiskey or bourbon
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagec.  muddy water
15x5 Page Background GIF Imaged.  nasty black coffee
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe following are NOT Blues beverages:
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagea.  Perrier
15x5 Page Background GIF Imageb.  Chardonnay
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagec.  Snapple
15x5 Page Background GIF Imaged.  Slim Fast
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagee.  Diet Coke
10x5 Page Background GIF Image15.  If death occurs in a cheap motel or a shotgun shack, it's a Blues death.  Stabbed in the back by a jealous lover is another Blues way to die.  So are the electric chair, substance abuse and dying lonely on a broken-down cot.  You can't have a Blues death if you die during a tennis match or while getting liposuction.
10x5 Page Background GIF Image16.  Some Blues names for women:
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagea.  Sadie
15x5 Page Background GIF Imageb.  Big Mama
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagec.  Bessie
15x5 Page Background GIF Imaged.  Fat River Dumpling
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagee.  Caledonia
10x5 Page Background GIF Image17.  Some Blues names for men:
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagea.  Joe
15x5 Page Background GIF Imageb.  Willie
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagec.  Little Willie
15x5 Page Background GIF Imaged.  Big Willie
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagee.  Leroy
10x5 Page Background GIF Image18.  Persons with names like Michelle, Amber, Jennifer, Tiffany, Brooke, Brittany and Heather can't sing the Blues no matter how many men they shoot in Memphis.
10x5 Page Background GIF Image19.  Make your own Blues name Starter Kit:
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagea.  name of physical infirmity (Blind, Deaf, Cripple, Lame, etc.)
15x5 Page Background GIF Imageb.  plus name of fruit (Lemon, Lime, Kiwi, etc.)
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagec.  plus last name of President (Jefferson, Johnson, Fillmore, etc.)
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageFor example:  Blind Lime Jefferson, Jakeleg Lemon Johnson, or Cripple Kiwi Fillmore, etc.
10x5 Page Background GIF Image20.  Oh, by the way.  I don't care how tragic your life:  if you own a computer, you cannot sing the blues.Infinity Symbol

Credibility Gap, Gullibility Fill
Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Steve, of Fremont, California.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA woman and a man were involved in a car accident.  Both cars were demolished but, amazingly, neither driver was hurt.  After they crawled out of their cars, the woman said, "So you're a man and I'm a woman.  Wow, just look at our cars!  There's nothing left, but we're unhurt.  This must be a sign from God that we should live together for the rest of our days".
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe man replied, "Oh yes, I agree completely!  This must be a sign from God!"  The woman continued, "and look at this, here's another miracle.  My car is completely demolished but this bottle of wine didn't break.  Surely God wants us to drink this wine and celebrate our good fortune."  Then she handed the bottle to the man.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe man nodded his head, opened the bottle, drank half the wine, then handed the bottle back to the woman.  She took the bottle, put the cap back on, and handed it back to the man.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe man asked, "Aren't you having any?"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe woman replied, "No.  I think I'll just wait for the police...."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Pythagorean Theorem
Source Unknown.  Forwarded by David, of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOnce there was an Indian squaw who killed a hippopotamus and made a hide.  There were also two other squaws who's sons killed animals and made hides.  When they sold their hides, the hippopotamus hide brought as much money as the other squaw's sons' hides combined.  This goes to show that the squaw of the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws of the other two hides.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

January 2003
Page 5 

Frontiersman 
479 E.  700 N. 
Firth, Idaho  83236 

A driver's license is a title of nobility.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth

Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI saw on some health food show that if you eat a lot of raw onions and garlic, it will keep you from catching something, but I don't remember what it was.  Do you know?

— Can't Remember
Dear Can't Remember
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGirlfriends.

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following for their assistance:  Lady Helen the Gracious, Lady Shirley the Benevolent, Sir James the Bold, Sir John the Generous, Sir Donald the Elusive, and Carl, of Gramling,  South Carolina.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSpecial thanks again to Lady Helen the Gracious and Sir James the Bold.

— editor
Best Laid Plans
Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Warren, of Pocatello, Idaho.
•     A psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions.  After weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an axe leaving her mentally retarded.

•     A woman came home to find her husband in the kitchen, shaking frantically with what looked like a wire running from his waist towards the electric kettle.  Intending to jolt him away from the deadly current she whacked him with a handy plank of wood by the back door, breaking his arm in two places.  Until that moment he had been happily listening to his Walkman.

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash, U.S. postage stamps, prepaid telephone cards, and so forth.  I will accept checks or money orders only by prior arrangement.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea. 
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

January 2003
Page 6
 frontiersman@ida.net

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue