15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, October 2003
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
The New Racism
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Before I started this article, I checked a few definitions of racism.  They all mentioned a belief that human character and abilities are determined by race and that one race is better than another.  I think the definitions are behind the times.  Modern racism includes, in addition to those old ideas, a conviction that privileges and protections should be apportioned according to race, a belief that some races are more deserving than others.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image For example, when a cop kills a black man and the black community explodes in protest, and then when a cop kills a white man and the black community ignores it, that's a form of racism.  It shouldn't matter if the victim is black or white.  What should matter is that a human being was killed by a cop.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image When Hispanics in the electorate vote according to Hispanic interests rather than according to what's good for Americans, that's racism.  Political decisions should be based on what's good for the people or for the country, not on what's good for one race.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image When a political candidate seeks the vote of a racial segment of the electorate, that’s racism.  When members of Congress form a caucus based on race, that’s racism.  When race is the reason that a person is hired or not hired for a job, that’s racism.  When race is the reason that a person is accepted or not accepted in a school, that’s racism.  Whenever political  and policy decisions are made on the basis of race, that’s racism.  Whether or not such policies and practices are bad is a matter of opinion.  However, when they are pursued in the name of racial equality, they reveal the ignorance or the hypocrisy of those who pursue them.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Quarantine
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Those Israelis who are in control of events don't want to reach an agreement with the Palestinians, but to eliminate them.  Those Palestinians who are in control of events don't want to reach an agreement with the Israelis, but to eliminate them.  Members of moderate factions in either group won't have much effect on the course of events.  Indeed, events will tend to radicalize members of moderate factions, reducing the effectiveness of those factions.  Israelis and Palestinians will continue to maim and murder one another, and to destroy one another's economies and infrastructures, for as long as they have the resources to do it.  When they are finally no longer capable of it, then they will stop doing it.  The longer they continue to receive aid and support from outsiders, the longer they will continue to fight.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Assuming that the goal of the U.S. government in the Middle East is peace,1 there is only one rational policy available.  That policy is to immediately, completely, and without further notice, terminate any and all government aid or assistance to either the Israelis or the Palestinians.  Commercial transactions can continue as determined by free market forces.  However, the U.S. government should not give one more iota of any kind of help to either of the warring groups.  If they insist on exterminating one another, then let them do it with their own resources, not with the support of U.S. taxpayers.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image What the Israelis and Palestinians are doing to one another is a kind of disease.  There isn't a cure.  The best thing that can be done is to isolate them to the greatest extent possible, hope it doesn't spread, and let it run its course, however long that may take.  Maybe the survivors will be temporarily immune.  There isn't any permanent immunity to hatred.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

^ 
A doubtful assumption, at best.

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution. Cash is preferred.
Checks are accepted only by prior arrangement.  Please inquire.

frontiersman@ida.netFrontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
Also see Pharos at http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
October 2003
Page 1

Conspiracy Theory
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image There aren't any constitutionally imposed eligibility requirements for the Speaker of the House of Representatives.  Regarding his election, the Constitution says only that he shall be elected by the members of the House of Representatives.  Thus far, the Speaker has always been elected from within the membership of the House of representatives.  However, that need not always be the case.  In theory, anybody could be elected to the position.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image That circumstance was a central facet of a conspiracy theory that I encountered, many years ago.  The idea is that some group of conspirators who have access to covert resources — e.g. CIA, DIA, Secret Service, or some "Black Ops" group — might be able to "persuade" a majority of the members of the House of Representatives to elect as Speaker an individual favored by the conspirators.  Then, if they arranged the deaths of both the President and the Vice President, their man would become President.  The procedure might be far less expensive and time-consuming than entering their man into a presidential election campaign, and it would have a far higher probability of success.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image There are a few potential obstacles to the plan.  For example, it might be difficult to "get the goods" on a sufficient number of Representatives.  Of course, if there aren't any handy scandals to unearth, then the conspirators could fabricate them as needed.  Somebody might renege on his deal, causing complications.  A random act of "terrorism" ought to silence him.  There might be objections that the new President wasn't actually an elected Representative.  There are other figures in the presidential succession who aren't elected.  Such complications haven't usually been too much of an obstacle to ruthless people in government who wanted something.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I was recently reminded of the old conspiracy theory while reading the September 2003 issue of Ron Paul's Freedom Report.  Here's an excerpt.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image "The Continuity of Government Commission (COGC), spearheaded by the Brookings Institution and the American Enterprise Institute, recently issued proposals for the operation of Congress following a catastrophic terrorist attack.  Specifically, COGC advocates a constitutional amendment calling for the appointment of individuals to the House of Representatives to fill the seats of dead or incapacitated members — a first in American history.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"An examination of the proposal reveals that it is both unnecessary and dangerous.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image "Note that COGC is self-commissioned, its members being neither elected nor appointed by any government body.  The biographies of the commissioners demonstrate that COGC is made up mostly of professional lobbyists...."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Such a constitutional amendment might make things a lot easier for conspirators trying to place their man in the presidency.  A convenient "terrorist" event might create a vacancy that their "candidate" could be appointed to fill.  A few more incidents might allow the conspirators to fill a few more vacancies with appointees, replacing uncooperative elected Representatives.  Then, the new Speaker is elected, the President and the Vice President are eliminated, and voilà!  The fait is accompli.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Seems kind of paranoid?  Maybe so, but don't forget that we're dealing with covert agencies that might be staffed with ambitious, ruthless people.  Susanne Modeski said it best on an episode of the X-Files.  No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

At Least the Bottles Have Handles
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I recently saw an advertisement for some bottled water, Rain Water Refreshed, by Treasure Valley Coffee, Inc.  The claim was made that the tap water in their service area, Pocatello, Idaho, has 100's of parts per million of nitrates, heavy metals, sulfates, chlorine, and solids.  The bottled water, they claim, is 99% pure.  That's the same as 1% not pure, or 10,000 parts per million of something besides water.  I think the tap water might be cleaner.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Here are the questions.  Why would a company be so stupid as to present such a questionable advertisement?  Why would the viewers be so stupid that they don't notice the discrepancy?  Oh well, at least the fancy bottles that they provide have nifty handles.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  Cash is preferred.

October 2003
Page 2
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 frontiersman@ida.net

Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWasting the Wealth — Hurricane Isabel reportedly caused one billion dollars in damage.  That entire bill could be paid with one week of the cost of occupying Iraq.  If the U.S. government spent one billion dollars per week in medical assistance to African nations, they could cure the AIDS epidemic.  Bush wants more than $20 billion for reconstruction in Iraq.  If he spent that for reconstruction in this country, do you suppose they could fix all those holes in the roads?  If he brought the troops home and just gave one billion dollars to the Iraqi people each week, they could reconstruct their own country, and they wouldn't hate us.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRuining the Schools — When I was a kid, the U.S. government didn't dictate the testing of students, or judge the effectiveness of schools.  The teacher of each class decided what to put in the tests for that class, and when to give the tests.  School effectiveness was judged by the parents.  Accountability was imposed by way of local school board elections.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRail Passenger Service — We don't need trains that run fast.  We need trains that run on time.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMonopoly — A copyright is a monopoly created and enforced by government for the benefit of one or of a few and to the detriment of everyone else.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSupreme Hypocrisy — Even among themselves, Christians cannot agree about what is or what isn't God's Law.  Yet they presume to use the legislatures and the courts to impose "God's Law" on the rest of us and punish those of us who refuse to cooperate.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSupreme Arrogance — The Christians who absolutely demand that Christian shrines, like the Ten Commandments, must be placed in public buildings, such as court houses, are the very same Christians who object when public schools try to teach about the beliefs, history, and way of life of Muslims.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSupreme Cop-Out — Whenever I object to misbehavior by Christians, some Christian always says, "It isn't us real Christians who are doin' that!  It's those phoney ones!"10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Looking for a Home
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I still need someplace else to live.  The woman who owns this farm is mighty tired of me being here.  I need donated accommodations, because I lack the ability to pay rent.  I’ll work, within my abilities, in lieu of rent.  I need at least 700 sq. ft., preferably with kitchen, laundry, and bathroom facilities.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Funding this Newsletter
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Sir James the Bold has pledged that any month that there are not sufficient funds for a complete mailing of this newsletter, and until further notice, he will fund sufficient copies for those subscribers who are inmates and for those who lack internet access and request to be included in such funding.  Whether or not the rest of you receive future issues will depend on the availability of sufficient funding.  He has also funded a complete mailing of this issue, so that all of you will receive this message.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Help me restore liberty on this continent.
•  Make and distribute extra copies of the Frontiersman.
•  Publicize Pharos:
http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
•  Shop at Moonlight Sales:
http://www.myplanet.net/moonlightsales/Moonlight_Sales.html
•  Send contributions to Frontiersman,479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236.  Cash is preferred.  Checks are accepted only by prior arrangement.  Please inquire.
•  Seek liberty in your own life.
Some Rules By Men, For Women
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
•     Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.  In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.
•     If you think you're fat, you probably are.  Don't ask us.  We refuse to answer.
•     If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and if one of the ways makes you sad or angry, then we meant the other one.
•     You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done.  Not both.  If you already know best how to do it, then just do it yourself.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

October 2003
Page 3 

Letters to the Editor
Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I got a kick out of Not Human in Sept. issue.  I am a dog person, but I am also capable of telling the difference between them & us (fur, 4 legs, places they lick in a non-sexual manner, etc.)
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCarolyn & Freida both made excellent points.  What does OTAR mean?  Marko made a lot of sense.  Funny shit.  The Rules By Men, for Women were good this month, also.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I do not have anything to write about, as I have no T.V., newspaper, radio (brain fart) or other ways to keep up on current affairs because of my being placed in the hole.  Oh well.  Screw 'em.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I must say that I do like your take in Tough on Crime.  Most of the crimes on the books are based on Christianity.  (The same ones who funded the Crusades, pushed hot pokers into the vaginas of innocent women accused of being witches, etc.)  Thus, criminal law is to protect the Christians.  I want to be protected, (not really, but it makes a good argument)  How can I be protected?  If someone murders someone in my family, not only should they be civilly actionable, but I should be exempt from any action I may wish to take against that person.  This is coming from a convict in a state pen, so I feel that it validates my opinion even more, because I am an active member of the community who would be the most aggrieved.  The populace wants revenge give 'em revenge.  Those that are too weak to take it, well let them be weak. 
15x5 Page Background GIF Image On Shape Up or Ship Out, who cares if someone is selling guns in a war-torn country.  If he wants the "blood" on his hands, let it be.  If our soldiers don't want to be shot at with those guns, they can come home.  It isn't the arrogance, belligerence, & brutality that are dishonorable, it's the lying to the public about a conquest.  So what if we are picking up our imperial roots.  (See your history book & look up what happened to Hawaii & Puerto Rico, many others, like the whole continent.  This land is taken, not bought.  Where do you think Russia got Alaska, or France got the Louisiana purchase?)  Imperialism isn't great, but let's at least call it what it is.  Just a thought.
— Brian;  Sterling Colorado

Some Observations on the Path
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Thanks and bravo to all of you who have given time, energy, thought and emotion to increasing the awareness of, dialogue around and action upon political decisions within our nation and the impact that it has had on our brothers and sisters around the world.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Sometimes I get responses from people that reflect their fatigue and/or a sense of hopelessness with the enormous amount of energy it appears to take to effect the inertia of public belief, misinformation and denial that supports the uncivil if not immoral or criminal behavior of our government towards what "IT" (not WHOM, meaning living blood and tissue and feelings and family) perceives as a threat or opportunity.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Many of you joined in this fight? dialogue? prayerwork? grieving? long before me and there are those who witnessed and suited up long before we were born.  It seems very clear to me that the attitude of our leaders that initiated the attack upon the Iraqi people and persists in denying the results of and responsibility for those actions — is an ancient sickness of mankind, one that by necessity, readily turns another human being into an object so that inhuman acts can be performed upon another without the hindrance of compassion or empathy or sense of personal horror at the sheer atrocity. 
15x5 Page Background GIF Image What I am trying to say, is that what we are addressing is a condition far greater then what is happening in Iraq and within our country today.  Throughout all of time, within every moment, we have an opportunity to bring into the light, the truth of the terrible secrets we withhold and the immense unconscious waves of fear, pain, grief and shame that we as a race collectively stuff and desperately deny.  In the 12 step tradition the saying goes, "we are as sick as our secrets."  My teacher insures me that, "I shall know the truth and it (the truth about the lies I guard) shall make me free."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image So, I suggest a course of self-care and kindness, not severity with ourselves as we proceed.  What we are experiencing is nothing new.  It has been with us since the beginning of mankind and that is not to say that we need accept it as a condition of our lives.  No!  However, I believe in my heart of hearts that we cannot change it by using the same forces that we oppose, those fueled by our hate, anger, fear or shame of knowing what we (our brothers, our ancestors, ourselves) have done and continue to do.  No
Arrow Right

October 2003
Page 4
 frontiersman@ida.net

matter what, we are not our actions, we are the actors.  As Gandhi said, "Man and his deeds are two distinct things.  Whereas a good deed should call forth approbation and a wicked deed disapprobation, the doer of the deed, whether good or wicked, always deserves respect or pity as the case may be."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image We don't need to change ourselves, we need to change our actions.  The problem is how.  Albert Einstein said, "The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Here's where my logic and understanding stop.  All I know is that I and all of us need each of us to be the best me and we that we can be, the clearest, most respectful, most open and renewed heart/mind/body/instrument Higher Power created us to be.  If we feel disheartened, maybe it's just time to take a break for a while and nurture ourselves.  The movement of transformation will continue.  It won't suffer for our taking the time and we will always be a part of its movement because we have joined with it at its very core.  That core is compassion and empathy for another — our willingness to feel for another.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image One of my favorite quotes comes from a gospel unrecognized by the Christian Church.  It's called the Gospel of Thomas.  In it Jesus tells his disciples that if anyone asks what is the sign of your God in you, "say to them:  'It is a movement and a rest.' "  We need both, it's how we come into new ways of thinking and new power for action.
— Reverend W. Dale Blackford
strong4man@earthlink.net

Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I have observed that this wonderful government of the United States of America has acquired a disturbing trait.  I will not go into detail here so I may keep it short and simple.  We fought World War Two to defeat those governments that used the Fascist theme in one form or another.  What I observed is that we emerged from that war enacting many changes to make the government of the United States of America more Fascist.  Further, the cold war with the Communist movement resulted in the government of the United States of America enacting many changes that reflect the Socialistic views expounded by the Communists.  In other words, the government of the United States of America seems to emulate its enemies.  What really scares me is that now the government of the United States of America is fighting terrorists.  I am waiting to hear confirmation of the rumors of the torturing and killing of prisoners by the government of the United States of America.  It has already been in the news that prisoners are being held without recourse or trial.  Things like this tend to support my suspicion that the government of the United States of America is becoming a terrorist organization.
— Sir James the Bold

Sam —
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Your article on "Tough on Crime" was/is right on ....
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Your "DOUBLE STANDARD" in Stray Thoughts is excellent.  Joan of Arc was 14 1/2, Cleopatra 13 3/4 when she & Marc A. did it!!  Shall we research how old Amie Bolyn really was?  or Guinevere?  In days of old a girl who started her "period" & was not married was called an "old maid"!  What's different today?  There's more to "learn", but we have computers, T.V., telephones, supermarket, malls, so really girls should be getting married even sooner!
— inmate;  Jamestown, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA clarification is necessary here.  Double Standard mentioned pedophiles.  A pedophile is a man with a sexual attraction to children.  A man with a sexual attraction to adolescents isn’t a pedophile, all the whining of the reformers to the contrary notwithstanding.  A female who has gone through puberty isn’t a child.  She’s an adolescent.  The distinction between adolescence and adulthood is entirely arbitrary.
— editor

Actual Headlines
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
•     March Planned For Next August
•     Blind Bishop Appointed To See
•     Lingerie Shipment Hijacked — Thief Gives Police The Slip
•     L.A. Voters Approve Urban Renewal By Landslide
•     Patient At Death's Door — Doctors Pull Him Through
•     Latin Course To Be Canceled — No Interest Among Students, Et Al.
•     Diaper Market Bottoms Out
•     Stadium Air Conditioning Fails — Fans Protest
•     Queen Mary Having Bottom Scraped10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

October 2003
Page 5 

Frontiersman 
479 E.  700 N. 
Firth, Idaho  83236 

A license is a tool of
fascism.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
I'd like to buy an RPG.  Do you know of a good source?
— Radical
Dear Radical
Never heard of that model before.  Maybe you could ask at a GMC dealer.

Acknowledgments
My thanks to the following:  Lady Shirley the Benevolent, Sir James the Bold, Sir John the Generous, Sanazay Bob, Brian, of Sterling, Colorado, Eric, of Jamestown, California, and Tom, of Redwood City, California.

— editor

Sixth Grade Test Bloopers
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Reverend W. Dale Blackford, strong4man@earthlink.net
•     The nineteenth century was a time of a great many thoughts and inventions.  People stopped reproducing by hand and started reproducing by machine.  The invention of the steamboat caused a network of rivers to spring up.  Cyrus McCormick invented the McCormick raper, which did the work of a hundred men.  Louis Pasteur discovered a cure for rabbits.  Charles Darwin was a naturalist who wrote the Organ of the Species.  Madman Curie discovered the radio.  And Karl Marx became one of the Marx Brothers.

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn’t for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash, U.S. postage stamps, prepaid telephone cards, and so forth.  I will accept checks or money orders only by prior arrangement.  Please inquire.  I don’t accept anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc. 
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

October 2003
Page 6
 frontiersman@ida.net

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue