15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, December 2003
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Hay and Barley Cards
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnonymity — I'm beginning to get annoyed at the number of retail food stores that are enticing people into getting discount ID cards, and especially at the number of people who are allowing themselves to be enticed.  We've already been through the documentation meat grinder on ID for almost everything.  Now, they want us to present a card for a cash transaction at a food store.  The inducement is the discount.  However, there are sinister implications associated with using a card to buy food.  The cards are presently innocuous, but they might not stay that way.  I'll pay cash for my food, and I'll do it anonymously.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageProfit and Punishment — Besides that, it isn't a discount.  It should be obvious that the stores can sell products at the "discount" prices and still make a profit.  Otherwise, they'd raise the "discount" prices to a level that would enable them to make a profit.  That being the case, the "discount" prices are actually the prices at which the stores ought to be selling their products.  The regular prices are excessive.  That is, the regular prices are higher than is necessary to make a profit.  That casts the "discount" cards in a whole new light.  The stores aren't giving a discount to the card holders.  They're selling at the normal price to the card holders and imposing a penalty on the people who don't have cards.  They're charging those people a higher price, presumably as a punishment for withholding whatever personal information they'd have provided if they'd applied for a card.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePermission — As more and more food stores offer cards and as more and more people get them, the influence of people who don't have the cards will diminish.  When some critical proportion of customers uses cards, then the people who don't have the cards will not have any influence at all.  Then, the cards can be made mandatory.  Seem silly?  Don't think it for an instant.  There are already retail stores wherein cards are mandatory.  Sam's Club (how ironic) is one example that comes to mind.  You can't shop there at all unless you have their card.  So, more and more food stores will make their cards mandatory.  It will get more and more difficult for people without cards to get food.  That's how we controlled the animals at the farm where I lived for the past seven years.  We controlled their access to food.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOnce everybody (almost) has cards for the food stores, it will be easy to legislate a mandatory ration card requirement.  Who's going to object except for the very small minority of people like me who refused to apply for cards?  We already need government ID for almost everything else.  We need it to drive, to have a job, to get married, and so forth.  Our present ability to buy food without permission is a huge loophole in the web of control established by the government.  As long as we can obtain cash somewhere and buy food without permission, we can just do without the other stuff and evade the control imposed by the government.  However, once we need a government ration card to buy food, our gooses are cooked.  The legislation will be enacted and that will be that.  No card, no food.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo, the next time the perky little sweetie at the cash register asks for your discount card, tell her no and tell her why.  Maybe you could even give her a copy of this article.  If enough of us object to this process before it goes much further, then maybe we can stop it.  If not, remember the way the animals at the farm came running when we called them, so they could have their hay and rolled barley.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBaa, baa.  Moo, moo.  Here's my card.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  Cash is preferred.
Checks are accepted only by prior arrangement.  Please inquire.

frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
Also see Pharos at http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
December 2003
Page 1 

Precedent of Preemptive Strike
Reverend Warren Dale Blackford
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI recently attended a panel forum at the University of Montana on "The U.S., the U.N. & Iraq:  The Search for a Constructive Outcome".  During the evening one of the presenters brought up a recurring objection as to the United States attack on Iraq.  That is that we set a precedent by using a preemptive strike upon that nation in order to effect a 'peaceful objective'. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBut is that true?  So-called imperialist nations have often used the weapon of preemptive strikes to effect change over another nation, thus accomplishing their goals.  Look at Nazi Germany, Italy and Japan in WWII.  One can also argue that we did so in Panama and Grenada as well.  Through centuries of history we see countless examples of such attacks including those of Alexander, Caesar and Attila.  However, supporters argue, unlike those other nations the U.S. used preemptive attack to accomplish a righteous purpose.  That sets a worthy precedent doesn't it?  No, it's still not precedent.  The Old Testament recalls of how Moses and the Israelites slaughtered nations of Canaanites on their way to claiming God's Promised Land.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe only precedent may be a possibility for our citizenry's realization as to the nature of our nation.  We Americans believe that we are decent and fair people, a nation standing for justice and human rights where like our Declaration of Independence states, "all men (and women) are created equal".  We imagine that we could never be so inhumane or mercenary as to attack a weaker nation unless the higher calling of "Freedom" wills us to do so.  And so we become gods dispensing freedom to those whom we intuit as in need of it, imposed through whatever means we decide is fitting.  We are the chosen ones.  Our self-ordination allows us to justify military intervention, occupation and the commitment of atrocities against the innocent for in the Larger Plan we are acting as agents of a 'Divine or at least Righteous Will'.  Pax Americana is our Promised Land.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's time we Americans wake up and smell the coffee.  Our nation made a preemptive strike on a decimated third world country still suffering from the destruction of the Gulf War and ten plus years of devastating economic sanctions.  And simply put, we did it because we wanted what we wanted when we wanted it and we had the power to do so.  That's as clear as it gets.  And when you boil it all down, whether by Divine Revelation, perceived moral superiority, or by just plain lust for power, every imperialist nation that has ever attacked another nation without military provocation has rationalized the same before the killing and taking began.  The story is always the same — the strong take by force from the weak, while selling their intentions through distraction to their oblivious citizenry or by ignoring them completely — whatever works. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePresident Lincoln speaking of slavery wrote:
"The world has never had a good definition of the word liberty.  And the American people just now are much in want of one.  We all declare for liberty;  but in using the same word we do not mean the same thing.  With some, the word liberty may mean for each man to do as he pleases with himself and the product of his labor;  while with others the same word may mean for some men to do as they please with other men and the product of other men's labor.  Here are two, not only different, but incompatible things, called by the same name, liberty.  And it follows that each of the things is by the respective parties called by two different and incompatible names, liberty and tyranny."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe United States has become what we were taught to fear and detest within the Soviet Union, China, et al.  We, the people, are the poster child for President Reagan's "Evil Empire" and no amount of noble intention will justify, denial mask, or false affirmation eradicate the stains of innocent blood upon our hands or the seeds of shame within our hearts for what we have done.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNo empire has ever withstood the test of time and this one is no exception, in spite of its multinational (corporate) body and camouflaged brain trust.  A corrupt body feeding upon fruits obtained through its corruption cannot stand — it is impossible.  The long-standing principle
Arrow Right

December 2003
Page 2
Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 frontiersman@ida.net

applies:  'absolute power corrupts absolutely'.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat will our generation be remembered for twenty, fifty, a hundred years from now?  Our world firmament shifted with the attack upon the World Trade Towers and the attack on Iraq.  Both acts stemmed from deep roots connected with long-standing U.S. policies of Imperialism.  One connected us with the world through grief and empathy, the other continues to isolate us through resentment and fear.  One will serve as a watershed for our future.  Which will it be?  Building bunkers or bridges?  We have the choice and if we fail to choose, our choice will be to accept what others choose for us.  Either way, we're still accountable and so will our children be.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Bio
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReverend Blackford is an ordained Unity Minister, author, public speaker and spiritual consultant/mentor through Satori Resources in Missoula, Montana.  Author of the book, S.O.B.:  Soul of a Batterer, he has also served as pastor of Unity Churches in San Luis Obispo, California, Missoula, Montana and Anchorage, Alaska.  He lives in Missoula with his wife Lynne and can be contacted at:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReverend Warren Dale Blackford
15x5 Page Background GIF Image2409 Duncan Drive
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMissoula, Montana  59802
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagee-mail: strong4man@earthlink.net
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagecell phone:  406-550-0372
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehome phone:  406-543-7733
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagefax:  406-543-8181

Murder in Iraq and Elsewhere
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageU.S. forces are killing suspected or alleged enemy fighters.  If they're not known enemy fighters, then it isn't combat.  It's murder.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Social Security
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Carolyn, of Honolulu, Hawaii
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePerhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOur Senators and Congresswomen do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society.  They felt they should have a special plan for themselves.  So, many years ago they voted in their own benefit plan.  In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it.  After all, it is a great plan.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFor all practical purposes their plan works like this:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die.  Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFor example, former Senator Byrd and Congressman White may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of their lives.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis is calculated on an average life span for each of those two Dignitaries.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYounger Dignitaries who retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTheir cost for this excellent plan is $0.00.  NADA — ZILCH.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis little perk they voted for themselves is free to them.  You and I pick up the tab for this plan.  The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds;
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK"!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFrom our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into, every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer) we can expect to get an average of $1,000 per month after retirement.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOr, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSocial Security could be very good if only one small change were made.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThat change would be to jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen.  Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us — then sit back and watch how fast they would fix it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe good changes will evolve.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow many people can YOU send this to?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
December 2003
Page 3 

Letters to the Editor
Dear Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRe: (Quarantine — 10-03)
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSam, I am reminded of the "DEW" advertisement where the white & black kids were arguing over who's was the last "DEW", when Dad came out and drank it!!  Your "solution" is rational, logical, ethical, moral, and financially practical.  However, you along with 200 million alleged "Americans" are not taking one very real fact into consideration.  That is:  The U.S. doesn't want "peace" in that region!  There is no moral/ethical purpose for the U.S. administrators of alleged gov't!  If the "people" cannot see that not one (1) facet is rational, logical, etc., and that they are the ones bearing the "financial burden" with NO choice in the planning or outcome, they deserve every act of insanity that any gov't "employee" dishes out!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe "bad" part about being in the hole is "no news"!  I've heard zip about the new governor ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER;  as he embarks on "Terminator 4" The Conquest of California.  or is it the "SAVE" California from the ZOMBIE MACHINES??
— Inmate;  California

Dear Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSir James the Bold (Oct. 03, p. 5) said he's now waiting to see of US gov't will follow their usual historical pattern by "BECOMING" a terrorist organization & torturing & killing American prisoners or prisoners in America.  I'm STUNNED!  The US Gov't has been the #1 terrorist organization in the world for decades (wake up), they just used the old, usual Talmudist's trick of calling their enemy what they are, when they came out with all the "Terrorist" hoopla lately.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThey have been torturing prisoners in the USA for at least 2 decades that I am a personal witness of & victim of quite continuously, & without any cause but sheer sadistic sport (e.g.:  I'm not even a criminal nor anti-American, nor bad-doer), & also I've witnessed them MANYTIMES torture prisoner TO DEATH right here in Calif. for 2 decades on & off.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI disagree about Christianity bashing from you, Sam & Brian in Sterling CO;  I agree the so called Christians do the evil you say (GW Bush is #1 perpetrator), but you & Brian fail to distinguish that there are the REAL Christians who aren't committing those evils in the name of "Christianity."  We are a great minority in comparison.  All are to be known by our fruits, not the label by which we call ourselves.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBlessings, my friend.  Wish I could help with your pressing housing need.
— Another Inmate;  California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhenever I comment on the misbehavior of Christians, it's normal for some Christian to tell me that it isn't the REAL Christians who are doing it, but the PHONEY ones.  I don't care.  They're doing it in the name of Christ.  If the REAL Christians don't want to be identified with the evil acts of the PHONEY ones, then the REAL ones need to get off of their collective butts and clean house in their own camp.  If they sit piously and let the PHONEY ones run the show, then I don't really see much difference between the accomplishments of the REAL Christians and the accomplishments of the PHONEY ones.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI used to be a Christian and I still share many beliefs with them.  However, the more I learned of the abominable behavior of Christians, the more disgusted I became with them.  With very few exceptions, the REAL ones aren't doing anything to improve the situation.  Since I couldn't correct the situation myself and since the REAL Christians didn't seem to be trying, I terminated my affiliation.  I refuse to be associated with a group that is guilty of such abominable behavior.  So, I'm not a Christian any longer.  By the way, I've had more than one Christian tell me that I'm a better "Christian" then their Christian friends.  I try to take it as a compliment.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's improper of you to accuse me of Christian bashing, although it's a sadly typical Christian response to constructive criticism.  It isn't "bashing" if it's the unvarnished truth.  Trying to impugn the legitimacy of my observations by calling them "bashing" is a cop-out.  If you don't like the situations about which I complain, then don't impugn my observations.  Address the situations.  Also, please note that EVERY Christian ALWAYS claims to be among the REAL ones.  It's ALWAYS those other ones who are the PHONEY ones.  Crap.  Sort it out among yourselves and get back to me.
— editor

Greetings,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI write to you in order to introduce our new book which has just been published, "LIFE ON DEATH ROW."  I believe you will find it interesting and informative on a topic of major importance, which is frequently in the news.
Arrow Right

December 2003
Page 4
 frontiersman@ida.net

There is considerable controversy over many aspects of the issue and unfortunately, most opinions are ill informed as to the realities of the death penalty.  This book will provide an enlightened educational experience for its readers.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAs eleven-year veterans of Arizona's Death row, we are well qualified on this subject, and my collaborating with the author gave the book a multi-angled point of view.  You will find a wealth of information not commonly known.  It is a contemporary view, an up-to-date source of knowledge about the system of executions practiced in Arizona and across the country in 38 States.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis book is not written as an exposé, but it does reveal some harsh and shocking insights on the death row experience.  It is neither a dull nor a heavy tome, but is well written, with a lightness and humor, which might be amusing, if the subject matter were not so deadly.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI enclose some promotional materials in the hope that you will want to share the information about this book with your readers, customers and friends.  I believe that they will appreciate the opportunity to become more informed through this new book.  I am, as you may well understand, eager to promote sales of our book.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSincerely,
— Roger Wayne Murray, #94262
Free-lance Writer/Artist
P.O. Box 3400
Florence, Arizona 85232-3400
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI can provide copies of the promotional materials upon request.
— editor

Re:  Another Solution (2003-11 Frontiersman)
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy a two term limit?  If the incumbent is doing a good job, why not let him do it?
— Sir James the Bold

Dear Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSorry I haven't written for a while.  It's just that lately I've been reading every issue ... and it seems that more and more I agree with you!  Frightening, isn't it??
— Tom;  Redwood City, California

Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMotive — The attacks on September 11, 2001 didn't harm the U.S. government at all, not even a little bit.  Indeed, the U.S. government achieved every possible benefit that could be had from the attacks.  Think about it.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Home
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've been provided with a place to live.  However, I lack the cash flow to pay my portion of our operating costs.  Therefore, I need all the contributions that you can send.  I prefer cash.  I'll accept checks or money orders by prior arrangement.  Please inquire.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Funding this Newsletter
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm hereby terminating the special funding arrangement that I announced in the October 2003 issue, on page 3.  Please send contributions to the address below.  I prefer cash.  I accept checks or money orders by prior arrangement.  Please inquire.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Actual Headlines
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
•     Lawyers Give Poor Free Legal Advice
•     Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
•     Fund Set Up for Beating Victim's Kin
•     Killer Sentenced to Die for Second Time in 10 Years
•     Cancer Society Honors Marlboro Man
•     Nicaragua Sets Goal to Wipe Out Literacy
•     20-Year Friendship Ends at Altar
•     War Dims Hope For Peace10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Fox News
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Carolyn, of Honolulu, Hawaii
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageUp in Heaven, Alexander the Great, Frederick the Great and Napoleon were looking down on events in Iraq.  Alexander said, "Wow, if I'd only had one of Bush's armored divisions, I'd have definitely conquered India."  Frederick the Great said, "Surely if I'd only had a few squadrons of Bush's air force, I would have won the Seven Years War in a matter of weeks."  There was a long pause as the three continued to watch events.  Then Napoleon spoke, "And if I'd only had that Fox News service, no one would have ever known that I lost the Russia campaign."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Some Rules By Men, For Women
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
•     Christopher Columbus did not need directions.  Neither do we.
•     Crying is extortion.
•     Temper tantrums are extortion.
•     Hissy fits are extortion.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

December 2003
Page 5 

Frontiersman 
1510 North 22nd Drive
Show Low, Arizona  85901 

Don't show ID to the
cops.  If you do, you're
providing information
that might be used
against you — a sacrafice
of one of the fundamental
principles of liberty.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy dog buries bones in the yard and then he can't find them.  What can I do to help him?
— Dog Owner
Dear Dog Owner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThey say on the TV that Fosamax helps prevent bone loss.  Get some for the dog.

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  Sir James the Bold, Sir John the Generous, Sanazay Bob, and Tom, of Redwood City, California.

— editor

Sixth Grade Test Bloopers
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Reverend W. Dale Blackford, strong4man@earthlink.net
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAbraham Lincoln became America's greatest Precedent.  Lincoln's mother died in infancy, and he was born in a log cabin which he built with his own hands.  Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves by signing the Emasculation Proclamation.  On the night of April 14, 1865, Lincoln went to the theater and got shot in his seat by one of the actors in a moving picture show.  They believe the assinator was John Wilkes Booth, a supposingly insane actor.  This ruined Booth's career. 10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn’t for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash, U.S. postage stamps, prepaid telephone cards, and so forth.  I will accept checks or money orders only by prior arrangement.  Please inquire.  I don’t accept anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

December 2003
Page 6
 frontiersman@ida.net

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue