15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, January 2004
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Some Fundamental Principles of Liberty
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLiberty, if it is to exist at all, must rest upon an uncompromising adherence to some fundamental principles.
•     We must always be presumed innocent.
•     Any accuser must always bear the burden of proof.
•     We must never be expected or required to attempt to prove our own innocence.
•     We must never be expected or required to provide any information that might be used against us.
•     We must never be required to provide any information at all, whether or not it might be used against us — the so-called right to remain silent.
•     A refusal to provide any information must never be construed as an indication of guilt.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThose are necessary principles of liberty.  It cannot exist without them.  Anything that violates any of those principles, without exception, is a tool of repression, however worthy the alleged objective.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Living Liberty
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI’ve now completed ten years of continuous publication of this newsletter.  My essays were essentially complete before this newsletter even began, although I’ve revised a few of them a bit from time to time since then, and added one or two new ones in recent years.  Mostly in my essays, I’ve defined and documented the fundamental basis upon which my beliefs are founded.  Mostly in this newsletter, I’ve applied my beliefs to a variety of positions and issues.  I may continue to do that sort of thing in the future, for a while.  There are still some things yet to be written and I expect that events will continue to provoke me or to inspire me.  However, that part of my work seems to be, at least, sufficient.  If I were to die tomorrow, the basis for my beliefs would be adequately documented.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI haven't been anywhere near as successful at persuading people to study my work.  A handful of people have done so and some of them seem to understand it.  However, during the past year, there were only about 2000 visits to my Pharos website.  The circulation of this newsletter has never risen to even 100 per month.  The number of people to which my work has been presented is therefore trivial compared to the huge number of ignorant people in this country, people who don't even know the difference between a right and a privilege.  Clearly, I'm not reaching enough people.  I'll continue this newsletter, for a while.  I'll maintain the Pharos website, for a while.  However, lacking some significant improvement in the success of those two instruments, it's difficult to see how they're worth the effort that they're costing me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSomething has to change.  I'm casting about for other options and, while doing so, I'm continuing to beg for funding for the newsletter, for the website, and for my living expenses.  Due to the outstanding generosity of one of my supporters, and his exemplary efforts on my behalf, I now have a place to live.  With luck and some contributions from the subscribers, I'll be able to stay here for the rest of my life.  With some better ideas and some contributions from the subscribers, I might yet be able to do some good.  However, I can't do it alone.  Liberty isn't a lone man's venture.  It requires the participation of many people.  If enough people participate in an uncompromising pursuit of liberty, then this continent can be populated with free people.  If I pursue liberty alone, I'll fail.  I've defined the principles.  It's time for all of you to start living them, and not just reading about them in this newsletter.  I've been doing it alone for too long.  If we all enforce the principles of liberty in our own lives, then we can be free.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  Cash is preferred.
Checks are accepted only by prior arrangement.  Please inquire.

frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
Also see Pharos at http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
January 2004
Page 1 

Letters to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF Image[Regarding the Ten Commandments fracas in Alabama]  How is having a copy of a few words "Establishing a Religion?"  Didn't we used to put our left hand on a Bible & raise our right & swear to "tell the truth so help me God" in the courtroom???  This goes beyond the insane!  Is it that people can't "see" the real issue or just choose to "blank it out" as if it is unseeable??
— inmate;  Jamestown, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI don't know how the constitutionality of putting the Ten Commandments in a court house will eventually be decided, but that isn't the important issue for Christians.  The important issue is why Christians keep doing that sort of thing.  They know it's going to make people mad.  Are they intentionally trying to create hostility?  If Christians have the Ten Commandments in their hearts, then they don't need to have a copy of them in every public building.  Are they so insecure in their faith that they're afraid to get more than 100 yards from a copy of the Commandments, lest they fall into sin?  Christians should put more effort into being Christlike and less effort into imposing Christian imagery and dogma on others.  After all, it was Christ himself who warned against complaining of the mote in your brother's eye while ignoring the beam in your own eye.  Instead of posting the Ten Commandments in court houses, Christians should be posting Christ's admonition in their own churches.
— editor

15x5 Page Background GIF Image[Regarding the letter from Another Inmate, December, 2003, page 4]  You must remember what I said:  "The United States of America has been taking on the traits of its enemies."  It was first detected by me when I was studying the history of WW2 (World War Two), but I have been seeing hints of it from previous conflicts.  It was not until after WW2 that this became blatant.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAs a prisoner, you are being subjected to the same treatment that the NAZI and Communist (under Stalin) regimes used upon their prisoners to maintain control over them.  Examples were made, but the general population was only harassed to demonstrate their control over the prisoners.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat I write has errors in it to see if anyone can catch them and feels strongly enough about it to point them out.  You are the first to do so.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image[Regarding the article Hay and Barley Cards, December 2003, page 1]  Costco is another store that sells mandatory cards.  The motive for the stores as well as the customers is greed.  For the stores it means a less expensive way to target their advertising.  For the customers it means paying less for what they want.  The mandatory cards allow the stores to accumulate and track the spending habits of their customers.  The demographics allow the stores to target their advertising with amazing accuracy.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTo control a population, you simply need to control access to food.  You think it can not happen in the United States of America?  If so, then you are not a student of history.  Ration cards were mandatory in the late 1930's and early 1940's.  In peacetime, the first thing to do is get the population used to the idea.  A good way is to use store sponsored discount cards.  Think about it and you should agree that once everyone is using them, it is just a short step to require them for every food purchase.  Run your card through the reader and do not be surprised to find out you are prohibited from purchasing food if you have an outstanding parking ticket.
— Sir James the Bold

Hi Sam:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou know, every time you drag out your generic paint roller and dip it into your vat of black paint to spread it indiscriminately over all people with any claim to Christianity, you insult my sisters and other members of my family.  More importantly, you insult my mother and her memory.  I think I have had enough of it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI have given the last couple of issues of the newsletter to my sister.  She, some time ago, printed me 13 pages of thoughts reacting to some things connected to you and also the theology thing I sent out.  Here is one comment she made:  In reading the newsletter you brought up, which I found interesting and intelligent most of the time, I could not help noting that, while Sam thinks Christians should be tolerant and forbearing, condemning none, he himself feels free to condemn all women, all Christians and most of the people in his government.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageShe also warns me that people will deem me a Christian if I protest Christian bashing.  Well, so be it.  I also condemn bashing of black people or Asian people;  that doesn't change my skin colour.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn any event:  I guess you should remove me from the mailing list for the newsletter.  So far I am only annoyed.  Eventually I would get pissed and send off a nasty letter which would entail a dispute and maybe even a fight and Mum
Arrow Right

January 2004
Page 2
Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 frontiersman@ida.net

thought that fighting was sinful, so it hardly makes sense to engage in a fight in this regard.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTake care
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRodney L. Leighton, RR3, Tatamagouche NS, BOK 1VO, Canada
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRegarding indiscriminate condemnation of all Christians, if those two promote repressive legislation, then I’m condemning their behavior.  If they don’t, then I’m not.  Indiscriminate?  How specific can it get?  Since they’re insulted by my observations of repressive behavior among Christians, maybe they’re engaged in such behavior.  Maybe they’re some of the PHONEY Christians that the REAL Christians keep mentioning in their letters to the editor.  REAL Christians, this might be your chance to communicate with one of the PHONEY Christians who’s giving you a bad name.  I included his address, for that purpose.  He won’t see these comments because, in accordance with his instructions, I canceled his subscription.
— editor

Note:  I have corrected some obsolete contact information in this letter.
— editor
Dear Friends of Peace and Justice,
July 2003
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI have put together this 2-hour video "What I've Learned About U.S. Foreign Policy:  The War Against the Third World".  I originally heard most of these speakers on KPFK 90.7 FM Radio in Los Angeles.  The basic message is that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the military-industrial-complex, the Pentagon, the multinational corporations, the banks, the mainstream media and the Government of the United States are responsible for the deaths of millions of people in the third world, not to mention the poverty and oppression of millions more.  We have supported, armed and trained dictators and militaries that have done these evil actions to their own people.  All of this is to insure that the U.S. controls the natural resources of these countries and their marketplace, uses the people for cheap labor and keeps the business of war (which is our biggest business) ongoing.  The CIA has also done business with international drug dealers, allowing heroin and cocaine to enter the U.S., using the enormous profits to fund more covert operations.  Since WWII, the United States has bombed millions of innocent people in Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, Iraq, Somalia, Yugoslavia, Afghanistan and other countries, all in the name of fighting for freedom and democracy, fighting communism and now, fighting the "War against terrorism".  U.S. enforced sanctions have become the new weapon of mass destruction in many third world countries such as Iraq and Cuba.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe mainstream media, or corporate media (as some refer to it), will not tell these truths because it is owned by the very corporations who benefit from all of this.  When it comes to foreign policy, the mainstream media gets its stories straight from the Pentagon and the CIA.  We have been taught all our lives that the United States fights for freedom and democracy, that we are the good guys.  And since so many people living in the United States are doing well, do have freedom, opportunity, wealth and a living standard which is much higher then the rest of the world, there is very little motivation to look into the things being said on this tape.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI believe that Americans are living in a state of mass denial, kind of a mass hypnosis.  It is the BIG LIE!  If Dan Rather, Peter Jennings, Tom Brokaw and Ted Koppel aren't telling us these things, then they can not be true.  The people who are attempting to get this message out are labeled as un-patriotic, radicals, subversives, communists or anti-Americans and are not given the opportunity to be heard on the mainstream media.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf you are interested in knowing this other truth, horrible as it is, then I suggest that you watch this video.  These atrocities supported by our system, with our tax dollars, will continue until the American people wake up and put a stop to this evil.  The first step is to understand that this is really happening.  We have been lied to!  I believe the people on this video are telling the truth and it's absolutely frightening.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe ten segments I have edited are as follows:
15x5 Page Background GIF Image1.  Martin Luther King Jr.  He not only was a civil rights activist, he also spoke out against the U.S. war in Vietnam.  Some people feel he was assassinated after he criticized our involvement there and in other regions of the world.  "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere".  Quote from Martin Luther King Jr.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image2.  John Stockwell, former CIA Station Chief in Angola in 1976, working for then Director of the CIA, George Bush.  He spent 13 years in the agency. He gives a short history of CIA covert operations.  He is a very compelling speaker and the highest level CIA officer to testify to the Congress about his actions.  He estimates that over 6 
Arrow Right

frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
January 2004
Page 3 

million people (a low estimate) have died in CIA covert actions.  This was in 1988.  I recommend reading his book "The New Praetorian Guard, the U.S. Role in the New World Order", South End Press.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image3.  Bill Moyers' "The Secret Government".  It aired on PBS in 1987 and is as good as anything on the tape.  Moyers is a very respected TV journalist who also worked for LBJ and has a very professional approach.  He interviews many different people involved with the CIA and other government agencies.  His documentary gives quite an overview of what has actually happened in the last 50 years regarding the CIA and the cold war.  He shows how high level Nazi war criminals and intelligence officers were brought into the U.S. at the end of WWII, to work against our new enemy, the Russian communists.  Featured are such people as Ralph McGehee and Phil Retinger (both former CIA agents), Rear Admiral Gene La Rocque (Ret. U.S.N.), Theodore Bissell (active in the CIA at the time), Senator Frank Church and many others. Moyers is so very believable!
15x5 Page Background GIF Image4.  "COVERUP:  Behind the Iran-Contra Affair".  This documentary played in the theaters and was made by Barbara Trent of the Empowerment Project.  It is narrated by the late Elizabeth Montgomery and tells the story that the media didn't give us.  It features many knowledgeable and informative people such as John Stockwell (former CIA agent), Daniel Sheen (former head council of the Christie Institute), Peter Dale Scott (author and professor at Berkeley), David MacMichael (former CIA analyst), Henry Gonzalez and Jack Brooks (both former Congressmen from Texas), Robert White (former U.S. Ambassador to El Salvador), and many others.  This film also gives a history of CIA covert operations.  To order call - 800-832-4369 or Email: sales@empowermentproject.org -- Web site: www.empowermentproject.org
15x5 Page Background GIF Image5.  "School of Assassins".  This documentary is narrated by Susan Sarandon and features Father Roy Bourgeois, talking about this school located in Fort Benning, Georgia, where soldiers from Central and South America are trained in the art of torture, terrorism and assassination.  In November of 2002, I went to Fort Benning to protest the School of the Americas with Father Roy and 15,000 others, who came from all over the country.  We marched right to the front gate.  This was a very moving experience.  Over 90 people did get arrested.  Martin Sheen has crossed the line in past years. Web site:  www.soaw.org - Phone:  202-234-3440
15x5 Page Background GIF Image6.  "Genocide by Sanctions".  This excellent film, produced and directed by Gloria La Riva, features former Attorney General of the United States, Ramsey Clark, as he goes to Iraq to show the terrible conditions that the bombing and the sanctions have caused there.  UNICEF, the Red Cross and other world organizations estimate close to 5,000 children have been dying every month in Iraq, due to the bombing and the sanctions that we have enforced on them.  Over 1.5 million Iraqis have died!  Clark goes into the hospitals and talks with Iraqi doctors, who say that these deaths could be prevented if they had medicine to give to the children.  We bombed out their way of life!  We bombed their water system, their food system, their communication systems, their sewer system and more.  And Americans were lead to believe that this was a good thing.  Director Richard Becker - SF International Action Center/Answer — Phone:  415-821-6545.  Email:  IAC-SF@action-mail.org
15x5 Page Background GIF Image7.  Amy Goodman, journalist and host of "Democracy Now" radio & TV, broadcasting from NY and heard on over 140 stations all over the country, including Free Speech TV.  Amy is the best at what she does!  On this tape she is talking about two genocides the Indonesia military has committed.  First against it's own people in 1965, then against the people of East Timor in 1975, where 200,000 were killed.  Both of these mass slaughters were sanctioned by the United States government and aided by the CIA.  Amy was filmed by Ralph Cole of Justice Vision at the Midnight Special Bookstore in Santa Monica, California.  Still pictures and video footage were taken from "Bitter Paradise" a documentary by Elaine Briere.  If you want to know what is really happening in this country, to learn what the Corporate Media won't tell you, please listen to Amy Goodman.  Web site:  www.democracynow.org — Email:  mail@democracynow.org — Phone:  212 431-9090
15x5 Page Background GIF Image8.  "The Panama Deception".  It won the Academy Award for best documentary and was directed by Barbara Trent of The Empowerment Project.  This film shows how we attacked Panama and killed 3 or 4 thousand people in an illegal invasion that the rest of the world was
Arrow Right

January 2004
Page 4
 frontiersman@ida.net

against.  The excuse given was to get the drug lord, General Noriega, who had been on the CIA's payroll for 20 years.  We see not only the devastation done to poor cities in Panama, but also how our media was complicit in the way all of this was presented to the American public.  Some of the people featured in this video are, professors and authors Michael Parenti and Peter Dale Scott, Jeff Cohen (former executive director of Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting or FAIR), Mark Hertsguaard (journalist and author), Rear Admiral Eugene Carroll (Ret U.S.N.), U.S. Rep. Charles Rangel of New York, Sabina Virgo (national labor organizer) and various Panamanian human rights activists.  Elizabeth Montgomery narrates this excellent video.  Web site: www.empowermentproject.org  To order video Email:  sales@empowermentproject.org or call:  800-832-4369
15x5 Page Background GIF Image9.  Ramsey Clark, former Attorney General of the United States, speaking in 1998 in Los Angeles.  I was there that night and it was a very memorable evening called "Save the Iraqi Children".  Ramsey Clark's talk is very powerful as he conveys the sorry truth about U.S. foreign policy.  He quotes Martin Luther King Jr. saying, "The greatest purveyor of violence on the Earth is my own government".  He fears the most endangered species on the Earth is the indigenous people of the third world countries.  And he puts the blame directly on the United States.  Ramsey's book "The Fire This Time, U.S. War Crimes in the Gulf" is one of the best books I have ever read!  His group is The International Action Center/Answer.  In New York — IAC Directors are Sara Flounders and Brian Becker — Phone: 212-633-6646 — Email:  iacenter@action-mail.org  In Los Angeles — Director is Preston Wood — Phone: 213-487 — 2368, Email:  iacenterla@action-mail.org  Web site: www.iacenter.org --- Filmed by Ralph Cole of Democracy University
15x5 Page Background GIF Image10.  S. Brian Willson, Vietnam veteran who lost his legs when run over by a naval train in Concord, Calif., carrying weapons that were headed for Central America intended to kill innocent civilians.  Brian is one of the most spiritual, courageous and honest activists who Wages Peace against our violent foreign policies.  He is a hero in Central America where the people understand that he has stood up for their rights as equal human beings.  Brian says that he doesn't want Mothers and Fathers and Children to be killed or maimed in our name with our tax money!  Kris Kristofferson gives him a special introduction.  Brian's mantra is "We are not worth more, they are not worth less".  His web site:  www.brianwillson.com features his autobiography and a series of essays he has written on U.S. foreign policy.  I recommend reading everything he has to offer!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAlso seen on this segment is Blase Bonpane, Director of the Office of the Americas located in Los Angeles.  The OOA is a Peace and Justice organization that is connected to Peace groups all over the United States.  Theresa Bonpane, Blase's wife, is also a Director of the OOA.  Blase is the first person I heard speaking these truths on KPFK, over 20 years ago.  -323-852-9808 - www.officeoftheamericas.org - Email:  ooa@igc.org
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI put this tape together to try and show people that we have not been told the truth about U.S. foreign policy.  Our country has been raping the Third World of its resources and supporting the deaths and oppression of millions of people in these countries.  I believe that most American people would be totally against these actions if only they knew about them.  This is the goal of my video, to educate as many Americans as possible to these shocking revelations.  I believe that in order to change this "war system" into a "Peace system ", millions of people in this country need to understand what has been going on in our name with our tax dollars, to realize that we are living "The BIG LIE".  I repeat, because many of us are doing well & the corporate media doesn't tell us these truths, it will be extremely difficult to get this message out.  But we've got to try.  Please watch this video and think about what you can do to help bring Peace to our fellow brothers and sisters of the Earth!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTo order either a VHS or a DVD copy of "What I've Learned About U.S. Foreign Policy:  The War Against The Third World" - send $10 to address below.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn Peace, Truth, Justice and Hope for All of the People of the Earth!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFrank Dorrel
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageP.O. Box 3261
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCulver City, California 90231-3261
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePhone:  310-838-8131
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageEmail: fdorrel@addictedtowar.com
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWeb site:  www.addictedtowar.com

January 2004
Page 5 

Frontiersman 
1510 North 22nd Drive
Show Low, Arizona  85901 

Setting a good
example is the best
form of evangelism.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat do you think is the best way to reduce the number of people killed in airplane accidents? 
— Worried Airline Passenger
Dear Worried Airline Passenger
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDon't crash airplanes.

Acknowledgments
My thanks to the following:  Sir James the Bold, Sir John the Generous, SantaClara Bob, Joseph, of Northridge, California, Eric, of Jamestown, California, Steve, of Fremont, California, Liberty Link, of Orangevale, California, and Sir Donald the Elusive.

— editor

Sixth Grade Test Bloopers
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Reverend W. Dale Blackford, strong4man@earthlink.net
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe greatest writer of the Renaissance was William Shakespeare.  He was born in the year 1564, supposedly on his birthday.  He never made much money and is famous only because of his plays.  He wrote tragedies, comedies, and hysterectomies, all in Islamic pentameter.  Romeo and Juliet are an example of a heroic couple.  Romeo's last wish was to be laid by Juliet.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn’t for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash, U.S. postage stamps, prepaid telephone cards, and so forth.  I will accept checks or money orders only by prior arrangement.  Please inquire.  I don’t accept anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

January 2004
Page 6
 frontiersman@ida.net

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue