15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, October 2004
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Trading A Constitutional Republic For Big Brother
Chuck Baldwin
http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com
Reprinted with permission.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe principle of limited federal authority is the bedrock principle upon which our government was created.  America's founders envisioned a nation of strong, independent but united states, and a very limited and myopic central system.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHowever, when General Robert E. Lee surrendered to Ulysses S. Grant at Appomattox Courthouse, Virginia, the vision of the Founding Fathers was destroyed.  The principle of limited federal authority was cast aside and a nation preoccupied with unlimited federal power and authority took its place.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAs a result, we have lived under a European-style federal system for nearly a century and a half.  America today has become the very kind of country that our forebears fought to break free from.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageConservatives would have us believe that President Bush and the Republican Party are working to reverse the rush toward bigger and bigger government.  They aren't.  In fact, Bush and Company are putting the pedal to the metal when it comes to promoting a bigger-than-ever federal system.  In fact, Bush has used the events of 9/11 to strip Americans of more liberties than any President during the 20th Century, including Bill Clinton or Franklin Roosevelt.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFor example, Bush has selectively suspended the right of habeas corpus, which means the right to know the charges one is being held under.  Through his attorney general, Bush has also authorized using federal agencies to conduct searches and seizures without requiring them to first obtain proper warrants.  This is blatantly illegal and unconstitutional!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFurthermore, the Bush government now even has the power to investigate American citizens with absolutely no probable cause.  Under Bush's policies, a citizen could even have his or her citizenship revoked if they were found to violate these newly enacted and loosely defined anti-terrorism laws.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageObviously, you will not find these kinds of policies in the U.S. Constitution.  They are right out of Orwell's "1984" and Hitler's Third Reich.  But it doesn't stop there.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNow, President Bush wants to give the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) and the National Security Agency the authority to demand personal and financial records of individual citizens.  Beyond that, sources are reporting that private pressure groups are currently being organized to collect taxes for the IRS.  They will be paid by commission, of course.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFurthermore, bankers are already being told that beginning this fall all new customers will be subjected to a required background check which will be forwarded to the federal government.  That's right!  Your banker is soon to be a private snoop for the federal government.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn addition, have you noticed all the check-points going up everywhere?  One can hardly travel more than a few miles without finding himself in a long line where various and sundry police agencies probe and even search his or her person and property.  If you look closely, you will notice that federal agents are included in practically every one of these random check-points.  The old Communist command, "Show me your papers," has become a routine American demand.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis administration is quickly turning what was once a constitutional republic into a federal police state.  But what is worse is that the architect of this tyranny, President George W. Bush, seems to enjoy the support of the vast majority of Christian conservatives.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt is extremely difficult to imagine how willingly we forfeited the fundamental principle of limited government upon the altar of pseudo-conservatism and disarming Christian rhetoric.  Yet, that is exactly what we seem to have done.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use Pharos_Website@frontiernet.net.

October 2004 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
Pharos_Website@frontiernet.net
Also see Pharos at http://www.frontiernet.net/Pharos_Website/
 Page 1

Checkpoint FredMicroserv Customer Extort Update
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLast month, I printed an article1 about the coercive junk e-mail filter that had been introduced by Microserv2.  In that article, I also commented on the attitude of Kevin Hemsley, a customer support representative at Microserv.  Some of you might have feared that I was exaggerating my description of his attitude.  You can be assured that I didn't overstate the case.  I sent Microserv a courtesy copy of the article and, in response to my exercise of my freedoms of speech and of the press in the article, Kevin Hemsley unilaterally and without notice canceled my account at Microserv, even though the account was paid in full for the next three months.  Thus, his own behavior convincingly demonstrates his vengeful and spiteful nature.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou might wonder what he accomplished.  He certainly didn't disable Pharos. It was up and running on another server within hours of the spiteful cancellation of my account at Microserv.  He didn't "un-print" the Frontiersman article.  It was mailed without mishap to the subscribers and is now posted on Pharos for all the world to see.  I can think of three things that Kevin Hemsley did accomplish.  First, as I've already mentioned, he convincingly demonstrated his vengeful and spiteful nature.  The second thing that he accomplished was to motivate me to write another article, this one.  If he had behaved like a mature adult, then I wouldn't have had any reason to do so.  The last thing that he accomplished was to lose a customer for Microserv.  That seems to me like a good example of "cutting off your nose to spite your face".
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere's another interesting aspect of the situation.  When I first complained about the coercive nature of the filter, I demanded that it be turned off.  Kevin refused to even consider the notion, insisting that I had to either use the filter or cancel my account.  After I had printed the article last month, I learned that another Microserv customer had complained about the filter and had it turned off.  I asked why they did it for her but not for me.  I was informed that, after my conversation with Kevin Hemsley, they had developed a procedure for turning off the filter.  That suggests that my objection was valid.  Why else would they have developed a procedure to do what I had demanded?  Here's the stupid part.  About two weeks prior to the publication of my article, I informed them that I was preparing the article.  They were already developing the procedure at that time, but they didn't even bother to tell me.  If they had done so, it would have removed my reason for writing the article.  The whole issue would have been satisfactorily resolved.  Instead, they refused to inform me that they were solving the problem about which I was complaining and, instead, allowed me go ahead with my article.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThreats to liberty come from all directions.  Government is a primary source of such threats.  However, corporations also destroy liberty.  Microserv imposed its coercive junk e-mail filter upon me without my consent and then tried to punish me when I refused to be submissive and, instead, exercised my freedoms of speech and of the press.  I hope to be alive long after Microserv is a fading memory.  When it's gone, then I'll celebrate its demise as one small victory for liberty on this continent.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
 ^ 
Just Call Microserv Customer Extort, September, page 2.
 ^ 
Microserv Computer Technologies, Inc., 1800 E. 17th St., Idaho Falls, Idaho  83404, (208) 528-6161

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

Page 2 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 October 2004

Letters to the Editor
[This is a reply to my article "Just Call Microserv Customer Extort", September issue, page 2.]
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMaking compulsory changes in the email's terms of service without any notice at all guarantees that their customers will lose wanted emails.  Any change without notice is never a good business practice.  This guy is an amateur that is only harming his business.  He should sell out while his business still has some value.  The alternative is to go out of business as he continues to abuse his customers.  As long as these ills are bearable, there will be some that will continue to bear them, but why bear the abuse as there are other service providers without his emotional problems.
— Sir James the Bold 

Dear Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am a prisoner here in (name of state withheld by editor) who just loves to read all the libertarian/anarchistic literature I can get my hands on.  So, when I read a review of the December 2002 issue of your zine: Frontiersman in another radical zine called The Thought (issue #133 January/February 2003) I just had to write to you to ask for a free subscription to your monthly publication.  I know this is a lot to ask of you Mr. Milam but if you can do this for me it would mean the world to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThank you.
— an inmate 

Dear Frontiersman,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA friend let me read your September 2004 paper/newsletter yesterday, and after reading it, I said I have to get on your mailing list.  I can relate to your article "Conversation with a Gestapo Thug".  As you can see from my address, the situation I got into ended with a 109 to life sentence.  Fair enough trade.  The A.T.F dickhead who ran into our group is and will be pissing via a bag for the rest of his life.  Tell me 7.62x39 rounds aren't suggestive.  At any rate, I ask to be placed on your mailing list to receive your paper/newsletter.  Thank you. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSincerely,
— an inmate
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePlease note that, based on comments from other subscribers who are inmates, I try to eliminate any information from letters from inmates that might tend to identify them to the gestapo thugs who work as prison guards.
— editor

Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSoftware Piracy — One good answer to the problem of software piracy is don’t sell software.  I’m serious.  All software companies should merge with hardware companies.  Then they can make their money by selling hardware, which is harder to duplicate, and give the software away for free to customers who buy the hardware.  It’s already done in certain cases.  The software for my various HP scanners was a free download from HP, the manufacturer of the scanners.  If the software is free anyway, what difference does it make if somebody pirates it?  Why would anybody bother?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCorporate Claptrap — I have an associate who subscribes to AOL.  When I call him and he’s on line, I get the message, “The AOL household you are calling is currently on line but sees that you are calling....”  How pretentious.  I buy Smucker’s Apricot Preserves, but that doesn’t make this a Smucker’s Household.  I listen to National Public Radio but that doesn’t make this an NPR Household.  The pretentious and proprietary arrogance of the statement would be sufficient, by itself, to keep me from subscribing to AOL.  I suppose my associate doesn’t care if they act like they own him.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

A White Man’s Notes
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGo Home — For decades now, so-called sexual-harassment has been defined not in terms of the intentions of the accused but in terms of the attitude of the complainant.  Thus, any man at all can be presumed guilty of sexual harassment, as a consequence of any behavior whatsoever, regardless of his intentions, merely because some whining female took it upon herself to be offended by something — or by nothing.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMight Be Incompetence — Since women are almost exclusively in charge of the upbringing of little boys during the formative years, then why is it that little boys so often grow up into men with whom other women are dissatisfied?  Also, when the women complain about those men, why do they blame the problem on the men instead of blaming it on the men’s mothers?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

October 2004 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 Page 3

Frontiersman 
1510 North 22nd Drive
Show Low, Arizona  85901 

Don't Vote.
It only legitimizes the
police state.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  Sir James the Bold, SantaClara Bob, Lady Jan the Voluptuous, Sir Donald the Elusive, and Karl, of Windsor, Connecticut.
— editor

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat do you think of the revoutionary successes of Lenin?

— Political Historian
Dear Political Historian
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMildred bought me some shirts made of the stuff, but it don't seem all that revolutionary.

Alcohol Warning Labels
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
Warning:  The consumption of alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug burns on the forehead.
Warning:  The consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like a retard.
Warning:  The consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.
Warning:  The consumption of alcohol may cause you to think that you can sing.
Warning:  The consumption of alcohol may lead you to think people are laughing WITH you.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn’t for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I prefer cash, U.S. postage stamps, prepaid telephone cards, and so forth.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use Pharos_Website@frontiernet.net.  I don’t accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 October 2004

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue