15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, December 2004
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCrash, Freeze, Hang — The people who write stories for TV science fiction don't know much about computers.  If they did, then (for example) the Emergency Medical Hologram program on Star Trek Voyager would freeze about every 15 minutes or so and Lady Captain What's 'er Name would have to keep rebooting him all the time.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNewer Isn't Necessarily Better — When I stop viewing a program on a DVD partway through, and set it aside to watch something else for a while, then I can't put the DVD back in the player and automatically start where I left off.  With a videocassette, I can.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

The James Majeski Living Trust
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've been at my new location for slightly more than a year.  In that time, we've completed the Living Trust that will entitle me to live here for the rest of my life if the owner dies before I do.  However, an unexpected problem has arisen.  The man who has been designated as the first Successor Trustee is objecting to some of the provisions of the Living Trust.  His objections follow, at least in part, from a concern that if the owner of the property dies then the Living Trust might not have a sufficient cash flow to pay its operating expenses.  The designated first Successor Trustee is refusing to accept the position unless certain changes are made in the Living Trust.  The demanded changes will probably result in situations that will be intolerable to me.  Thus, I've taken the position that we should find another trustee rather than change the Living Trust.  However, the owner seems inclined to keep the Successor Trustee and make the changes.  If those changes are made, then I will again start looking for someplace else to live.  The simplest solution to the problem is for me to acquire a sufficient cash flow that I will be able to guarantee the operating expenses of the Living Trust if that becomes necessary.  Then, it will be difficult for the Successor Trustee to argue that the Living Trust should be changed.  I estimate that I will need about $1000 per month to pay all relevant expenses.  If 50 subscribers to this newsletter will pledge $20 per month, that will solve the problem.  If some subscribers would prefer to make contributions or a pledge directly to the Living Trust, then checks can be made payable to the James Majeski Living Trust.  For those subscribers who prefer to make payments directly to me, I prefer cash.  PayPal payments can be made to Pharos_Website@frontiernet.net.  For checks or money orders intended for me, please inquire regarding what name to use.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Letters to the Editor
To Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF Image...  I still enjoy your newsletter, thanks for keeping me on your mailing list.  And I'm glad that you found a new home.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTake care.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYour friend,
— Freida

Important Notice:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe prison staff have come up with a new harassment policy that may affect you.  I can no longer receive any incoming mail with any kind of address label or any adhesive label of any sort (either yours or mine) on the envelope.  All letters, newspapers, magazines and such that have these are being sent back "return to sender" or feloniously destroyed by mailroom staff.  This is in violation of prison rules, but it will take years to battle it, and maybe not win anyway.  I urge you, please to continue sending to me, but if you use any kind of stick-on address label or other adhesive stick-on item, please discontinue it for all mail to me.  I pro-
Small Right Arrow
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use Pharos_Website@frontiernet.net.

December 2004 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
Pharos_Website@frontiernet.net
Also see Pharos at http://www.frontiernet.net/Pharos_Website/
 Page 1

fusely apologize for this added harassment, but I have no control over sadistic prison staffs' craving to destroy my correspondence with the outside world.  Thank you for your understanding.  (And if you already received anything back, please do re-send it to me.  Again, my sincere apologies for the trouble). 
—an inmate
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDo I have to leave off the stamp?
— editor

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI received the following information in a message from Jeffrey, of Shelley, Idaho.
— editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAmtrak has undertaken heightened security measures for the benefit of our customers ....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAmtrak customers 18 years of age and older must produce valid photo identification when purchasing tickets (whether in stations or on board trains), and when checking baggage.  Unaccompanied children 15 and older must also produce valid photo ID when purchasing tickets.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAt the instruction of the federal Transportation Security Administration (TSA), random ticket verification checks are regularly conducted on board trains to ensure that passengers are properly ticketed.  Please be prepared to show a member of the on-board crew valid photo identification, if asked, in order to compare the name on the ticket with that on the ID.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTo be valid, identification must be current and in-force.  Acceptable valid identification includes the following:
•     State or provincial driver's license
•     Valid passport
•     Official government-issued identification (federal, state or county government or legitimate foreign government)
•     Canadian provincial health card ID card with photo
•     Military photo ID
•     Student identification (university, college or high school photo ID) 
•     Job Corps photo ID
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn general, if none of the above are available, two other forms of identification, at least one of which is issued by a legitimate government authority, are acceptable ....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePassengers purchasing tickets from station ticket agents or on board trains from conductors are required to provide photo identification and must be at least 15 years old.  Passengers boarding at any staffed station or station with a Quik-Trak machine are encouraged to purchase tickets prior to boarding the train.  Tickets purchased on board include a service fee built into the fare, which cannot be waived ....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFor the safety and comfort of our passengers, Amtrak strictly enforces the two-bag carry-on, three-bag checked baggage limit.  We encourage all passengers to read our guidelines when making travel plans, as excess baggage will not be accepted on board trains.  Your cooperation is appreciated.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf you have any questions regarding baggage, call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) for more information.  Be sure that you understand and follow all baggage guidelines before arriving at your departure station.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDoes anyone still doubt that we live in a fascist police state when government ID is required just to ride a train?
— editor

Dear Frontiersman,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI was introduced to your paper today.  I was very interested in the article in regards to "The nature of presently existing government is a good argument in favor of the position that people are inherently stupid." November 2004.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI ask if you could not only please put me on your mailing list but if you could send me a copy of that issue.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCould you also send me information on the quasi-contract.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am incarcerated in the Department of Corrections so I will be unable at this time to send you any contributions.  Therefore I am sorry for that.  I work full time here and I can barely be able to get by even here.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am a para-pro.  I help people who do not have a GED or high school diploma to get a GED.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAgain thank you for your time and I hope I will be able to get November's issue.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThanks again.
— an inmate
The statement about the nature of presently existing government was my address page panel statement.  It's there for the benefit of people who handle the newsletter in transit and doesn't necessarily correspond to an article.
— editor

To Whom It May Concern
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePlease send me your newsletter at the address listed below.  Please be advised, I would like for you to send me your issue dated Nov 2004.  I look forward to reading your letter on
Small Right Arrow
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

Page 2 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 December 2004

a monthly basis.  Thank you for your time and efforts in publishing an informative source of information for concerned Americans who are frustrated and tired of current policies in our country.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSincerely,
— an inmate

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe next letter is in reply to my article "Where No Child Has Gone Before", last month.
— editor
Dear Sam:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI agree with you that getting a Social Security number for a child might be considered a form of child abuse, because of all the negatives that such a relationship entails.  However, I am confused about the first part of your argument.  If a child is an adjunct of a parent, and the parent has legal responsibility for the child, it seems to me that the parent would have the right to make a binding contract for the child.  The issue is not the child's presumed incompetence, but rather the parent's presumed competence to make judgments for the child.  I don't see why the parent would NOT have such a right.
—Sir Donald the Elusive
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy stated position wasn't perfectly correct.  Hopefully, the excerpt from Bouvier's Law dictionary, below, will clarify it.
— editor
"In general, all persons may be parties to contracts ....  And no want, immaturity, or incapacity of mind, in the consideration of the law, disables a person from becoming a party.  Such disability may be entire or partial, and must be proved ....  Infants are generally incapable of contracting before the age of twenty-one years.  This provision is intended for their benefit; and therefore most of their contracts are voidable, and not void.  It is the infant's privilege at maturity to elect whether to avoid or ratify the contract he has made during minority.  Though the infant is not bound, the adult with whom he may contract is.  The infant may always sue, but cannot be sued;....  The infant cannot avoid his contract for necessaries ...."
— Article Parties
Bouvier's Law Dictionary, 1889
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe next letter refers to "Conversation with a Gestapo Thug", September 2004, page 1.
— editor
Dear Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn a recent article, you described a violent incident which took place on a neighbor's property.  Your reporting was provocative, but somewhat incomplete.  For example, you described an invasion by armed men, but you never said if they were dressed in civilian clothes, or government uniforms.  Furthermore, you reported overhearing a fragment of conversation, which implied that the men were taking your neighbor's horses.  Is it possible that they were there to reclaim stolen property?  You also mentioned a personal conversation with one of the men, who asked if you were a vet.  I could not tell from what was written if he was asking you if you were a veteran or a veterinarian.  Also, were the horses actually removed from the property?  Was anyone, to your knowledge, arrested in connection with this incident?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI hope I don't sound too critical.  However, as you can see, I'm both tantalized and puzzled.
— Sir Donald the Elusive
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe only thing that I can recall about their clothing is that they were wearing flack jackets.  My impression is that they were in "civilian" clothes.  I don't remember noticing any uniforms.  What difference does it make if they were wearing uniforms or not?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe horses had been there since before I moved into this neighborhood.  It was commonly accepted in the neighborhood that the lady owned the horses.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI don't know if the gestapo thug was asking me if I was a veteran or a veterinarian.  He didn't elaborate and I didn't pursue the issue. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe horses were actually removed from the property, as I stated at the end of the article.  I don't know if anybody was arrested.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFinally, it wasn't my objective to report the incident but to report the conversation.  I provided some information about the incident as context for the conversation.  The reason that the conversation is important is that they tried to intimidate me for merely watching what they were doing, from my own home.  Incidentally, another bunch of them was at the same house late in October, chasing a dog.  I was in my back yard at the time, harvesting mint, and one of the thugs ordered me indoors.  The details that concern you are not very important.  What's important is the fact that gestapo thugs don't like witnesses.  In Amerika today, you can be arrested merely for declining to "move along, now, Buddy!".  That's why I reported the conversation.
— editor

December 2004 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 Page 3

Frontiersman 
1510 North 22nd Drive
Show Low, Arizona  85901 

Refuse to participate in the
fascist police state.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  Sir James the Bold, SantaClara Bob, Lady Jan the Voluptuous, Sir Donald the Elusive, and Freida, of Fairbanks, Alaska.
— editor

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat do you think of the Tales from the Vienna Woods?

—Waltz Nut
Dear Waltz Nut
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI wouldn’t buy one.  You should kill animals only for food, not for trophies.  I've heard of hazelnuts.  What's a waltz nut?

Alcohol Warning Labels
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
• Warning: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are better looking than most people.
• Warning: The consumption of alcohol may cause a disturbance in the time-space continuum, whereby periods of time may seem to literally disappear.
• Warning: The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy.
• Warning: The consumption of alcohol may make you think that you have mystical Kung Fu powers, resulting in you getting your ass kicked.

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn’t for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I prefer cash, U.S. postage stamps, prepaid telephone cards, and so forth.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use Pharos_Website@frontiernet.net.  I don’t accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 December 2004

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue