15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, July 2005
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Doublespeak and Zerothink
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSir James the Bold recently pointed out to me an overtly false statement on a tube of sunscreen lotion.  For the record, it was Buzz Away Sunscreen Lotion with Citronella.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe tube of sunscreen bears the declaration, in bright orange letters, "chemical free".  Here's a list of some of the ingredients:  Octyl Palmitate, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, PVP-Eicosene Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Allantoin, Panthenol, Polysorbate 80, Methyl/Proply Paraben, and Diazolidinyl Urea.  That isn't a complete listing but it makes the point.  When I was in school, they taught me that everything is chemical.  Water is a chemical compound of hydrogen and oxygen.  Hydrogen and oxygen are chemicals.  According to the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, a chemical is a substance with a distinct molecular composition that is produced by or used in a chemical process.  I'd like to see Buzz Away's definition of what is and what isn't a chemical.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSuch marketing lies aren't new.  Back during my days as a nuclear engineer, I encountered similar lies made by nuclear industry spokesmen.1  They used to claim that no member of the public had ever been killed in a nuclear accident at an operating commercial nuclear power plant.  They made the statement in such a way that it sounded like they were saying that nobody had ever been killed in an accident at a nuclear reactor.  I happened to know for a fact that a worker servicing the SL-1 reactor at the National Reactor Testing Station west of Idaho Falls, Idaho had been killed in a reactor accident several years earlier.  He'd been on top of the reactor, which was shut down at the time.  The pressure vessel head was unbolted and sitting in place on top of the pressure vessel.  The man was attempting to engage a control rod drive mechanism when he inadvertently withdrew the control rod.  The resulting nuclear pulse caused a steam excursion that lifted the pressure vessel head off of the pressure vessel and killed him.  However, he wasn't a member of the public.  He was an employee at the plant.  It wasn't an operating commercial power plant.  It was a test reactor.  It wasn't a nuclear explosion.  It was a steam explosion.  Therefore, the event was exempt from the carefully contrived statement made by the nuclear industry spokesmen.  If they arrange their definitions and statements carefully enough, then they can make any lie seem like the truth.  The scoundrels who wrote the advertisement for the tube of sunscreen are of the same stripe as the nuclear industry spokesmen.  They're all scheming, unscrupulous shysters.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAn aside to that little story involves the man who was my boss back then.  For the record, his name was Dave Weiss.  If he doesn't like his name being mentioned here, then he can try to sue me.  I need the publicity a lot more than he does.  I once confronted him with the SL-1 incident and challenged the statement that the nuclear industry spokesmen were making back then.  He told me that I was being irresponsible.  That was typical.  There were only two possible outcomes to an argument with Dave Weiss.  If I lost the argument, then I was wrong.  If I won the argument, then I was being irresponsible.  I was never right.  Dave Weiss was the stuff of which great marketing shysters are made.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSuch marketing dishonesty has been going on for a long time.  I call it doublespeak when I'm in a generous mood.  Whatever I call it, there isn't any way that it can possibly succeed without the idiocy of nitwits — zerothink.  It's time for us to start thinking for ourselves.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

^ 
Listen darlin', if you don't want to be called a spokesman then don't apply for the job.  Spokesperson is feminist gobbledygook.

July 2005 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
frontiersman@pharos.websiteallies.com
 Also see Pharos at http://pharos.websiteallies.com/
 Page 1

Counterfeit Problem
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDifficult problems can have simple solutions.  Sometimes, all that's needed is to set aside a few assumptions and do some original thinking.2
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe so-called problem of counterfeit currency is a good example.  The people in government don't have a clue what to do about it.  Their best ideas are to make the currency as complex as possible, to make the regulations as onerous as possible, and to make the enforcement as draconian as possible.  Beyond that, they don't have the foggiest notion what to do.3
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFinding a solution to the so-called problem was easy.  First, I set aside the assumption that a "real" Federal Reserve Note (FRN) is better than a so-called counterfeit FRN.  In fact, a "real" FRN doesn't have any more actual value than a so-called counterfeit FRN.  That set me upon the path of original thought regarding the so-called counterfeiting problem.  Here's how to solve the so-called problem.
First, the Federal Reserve (FED) should discontinue all FRNs other than one dollar bills.  That is, there shouldn't be any more fives, tens, and so forth.
After that, the FED should publish and sell the complete and exact specifications for one dollar bills.  Then, anybody and everybody would know exactly what it takes to make a one dollar bill.  The sale of the specifications would partially fund the small portion of the FED's operation that would still be necessary.
One remaining function of the FED would be to print Certified Standard one dollar bills.  They should put Certified Standard Bills in every bank in the country.  The Certified Standard Bills should be under the supervision of bank managers and should be available for anybody and everybody to inspect.  That way, any counterfeiter who wanted to know if his product was good enough to pass could compare it to the standard — for a fee.
The U.S. government should completely decriminalize the counterfeiting of one dollar bills.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis is a problem solution that has several advantages and few disadvantages.  The first advantage is that counterfeiters would print all of the bills that we need, at their own expense.  Thus, taxpayers wouldn't have to bear any overt or hidden costs of printing bills.  Neither the U.S. government nor the Federal Reserve System would have to print currency any more.  Count that as a reduction in the size and cost of government.  Not only that, the businesses that previously sold printing supplies to the FED would still be able to do business.  They'd sell the same stuff to the counterfeiters instead.  None of those employees would have to lose their jobs.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere's also a significant economic benefit.  There wouldn't be any more problems about the value of the dollar.  Counterfeiters would not print a dollar bill if it cost them more than a dollar to do so.  Thus, the amount of currency in circulation would be automatically self-regulating.  If they printed too many bills, then the number of bills would become excessive and the value of each bill would drop below one dollar.  After that, they'd stop printing bills and the number of bills would decrease.  That would cause the value of a one dollar bill to rise above one dollar, again making it profitable to print more bills.  We'd always have approximately the correct number of bills.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOne of the few disadvantages of my problem solution would accrue to the nitwits (or thugs, take your choice) in government who were previously involved in printing bills and opposing counterfeiting.  Most of them would be out of a job, with the exception of those few who would run the Certified Standard Bill program.  I don't actually count that as a disadvantage but I suppose that they would.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe only other disadvantage that comes to mind is that you might have to carry a big box of bills around with you.  In the final analysis, that might also be an advantage since it would give you an incentive to use gold instead of all that paper.  Even if it didn't, the exercise won't hurt you and it will make things a lot harder for pickpockets and cutpurses.  So, this might actually be a problem solution that doesn't have any disadvantages at all.  It might be a totally unmixed blessing.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
 ^ 
That's a good reason to keep government out of the business of solving problems.
 ^ 
On the other hand, maybe it's all a part of their nefarious plan to keep us well under control.

Page 2 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 July 2005

Unintended Consequences
Fiction by Jim Sullivan
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe year is 2010.  Faith-based government, as predicted after the second millennium began, has grown more pervasive every year over the past decade.  At Washington DC, in the U.S. Capitol, hearings of the Government Protocol Select Subcommittee of the Federal Religious Policy Committee of the House of Representatives is underway.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Subcommittee Chairman presiding is The Right Reverend Obadiah P. Rathstone, Representative of the Great and Good State of Texas (R-78th District).  The witness testifying is Albert D. Hickenlooper, Jr., U.S. Commerce Department employee.  It's his third day before this Congressional subcommittee.  Similar questions have been fired at him from congressman after congressman.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA typical query, this one from Congressman Reverend Percy Cornwinkle of Oklahoma (R 15th District): "Can you tell us, Mr. Hickenlooper, just why it is that several congressmen in this chamber have witnessed, with their own eyes, you walking directly past, over, under, or around each and every set of 10 Commandment Tablets affixed to the various and sundry walls, floors, and ceilings of this capitol building, the Supreme Court building, the White House, and, indeed, your very own Cabinet facility without seeing you so much as bow, scrape, kowtow to, or fold your hands in a prayer-like manner in the required appearance of humble supplication, let alone perform the optional Roman genuflection to the holy site of this here respectful and Jesus-loving federal government?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Well, Reverend Congressman, my seeming irreverence has been accidental on my part, I assure you.  It isn't my habit to forget the rules and regulations of this and of the other federal bodies.  My own forgetfulness is to blame.  You see, I am getting older, having served in this government since before there were protocols of a religious nature for federal employees, such as myself, that had to be followed and obeyed.  Consequently, I sometimes just don't remember.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"I know that breaking these religious rules could be grounds for my dismissal and forfeiting my pension and health insurance.  But I humbly ask that you please give me another chance.  I realize that I'd be totally destitute if you fired me for this breech of religious conduct because no government agency would then be allowed to hire me.  And that the same would be true for any civilian employer who gets government contracts or finances for any reason whatsoever.  In short, I'd have no way to make a living."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Well," said Subcommittee Chairman Reverend Congressman Rathstone, "you should have thought of that before you disgraced yourself over those 10 Commandment tablets that mean so much to me, to this government, and to this nation.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"The chair now recognizes the congressman from the wonderful and prosperous state of Mississippi, Congressman Deacon T. Bishop (R-15th District).  Reverend Bishop."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Thank you Mr. Chairman Congressman Reverend Rathstone.  By the way, I thoroughly agreed with and enjoyed the sermon you preached last Sunday to the entire assembled U.S. House of Representatives.  The world is surely coming to its conclusion for as every elected official in this body knows and attests to, these are the end times.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Now, as to you, Mr. Hickenlooper and specifically to your disrespect for our religious governmental institutions, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.  And don't forget, as we in this holy and sacred chamber know, this is not the first, nor the second, but the third time you've been charged with the same type of offenses.  And you're a total disgrace, as the Chairman has so delicately pointed out, to this religious government establishment.  But what's even worse, I'm getting reports from my staff, Pastor Green, my administrative assistant, and Father Fitzgerald, my legislative aide, that in your Commerce Department office cubicle, you have no 10 Commandment tablets posted on the walls or setting on your desk.  That, sir, is blasphemy!  So, would you explain why you've dared commit such a sin."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Congressman Reverend Deacon, it's a fact that in my little cubicle I have not one religious icon.  But I plan on getting one.  It might be a 10 Commandments plaque or, perhaps, a St. Christopher Medal.  But I just haven't had the
Small Right Arrow

Page 3

time to go out and buy it.  My work of making sure that government contractors comply with all of federal government's religious requirements causes me to be exceedingly busy.  But I'll make time to shop any day now.  I promise you I will.  Please don't vote to take this job from me."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"It's irreligious federal employees, like you Mr. Hickenlooper, who make me sick.  Now, I can also report that our domestic investigative team, headed up by Monsignor SBI Agent Adam Eden, has had its surveillance team following you around and watching all your activities.  His report states that you have never been seen in prayer or been observed reading the Bible, at home or in the public library.  Could this astounding news be factual?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Ah, ah, maybe they just haven't seen me pray or read from the good book in the privacy of my home or elsewhere."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"That's not the situation here.  As you know, congress, in its wisdom and commitment to the Truth and the Light, gave the SBI the authority in cases like yours to place secret audio recorders and visual cameras in a suspect's residence and other places frequented.  And so this SBI report includes information obtained from your personal location and from other facilities you visit.  No — I repeat — no audio or visual evidence from inside your home or anywhere else, according to the report, was found to prove that you ever prayed or read from the Bible, which, as you very well know is a requirement of federal government employment.  What do you say to that, heathen?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Okay, I'm guilty.  But I have a good excuse:  I'm not a true believer!  There, I've said it.  You can do with me what you will.  But I hope you'll let me keep working until my retirement just a year from now.  In the meantime, maybe you could mercifully let me off these charges for good behavior and for not missing more than two or three days of work a year for illness.  Oh, and how about if I promise to go to a Bible reading class every Tuesday at the Attorney General's office?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"I don't think you deserve another chance, Mr. Hickenlooper.  But I'll leave it up to our Chairman, Reverend Rathstone."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAddressing the assembled Congressmen Reverends in the Subcommittee, The Chairman asked for a voice vote on whether Mr. Hickenlooper should be forgiven his trespasses.  All eleven elected officials yelled out 'Aye.'  No 'Noes' were intoned.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Mr. Hickenlooper.  You are exonerated once again.  Now go and sin no more.  But the next time I see you, you had better be reading Ezekiel or something similar if you want to keep your job 'til retirement."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Thank you, Mr. Chairman Reverend Rathstone."  And with that remark, Mr. Hickenlooper stood, walked over in front of the Chairman, bowed deeply, made the sign of the cross, and then did the required genuflection to the public authority."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.  Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious.
— Aristotle
A White Man's Notes
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePresuming that there are any rights at all — My rights are not less important than those of handicapped people.  My rights are not less important than those of women.  My rights are not less important than those of homosexuals.  My rights are not less important than those of old people.  My rights are not less important than those of foreigners.  My rights are not less important than those of minors.  My rights are not less important than those of Christians.  My rights are not less important than those of prisoners.  My rights are not less important than those of sick people.  My rights are not less important than those of fetuses.  My rights are not less important than those of farmers.  My rights are not less important than those of anti-abortionists.  My rights are not less important than those of conservationists.  My rights are not less important than those of government thugs.  My rights are not less important than those of consumers' advocates.  My rights are not less important than those of human rights activists.  My rights are way more important than the so-called rights of animals.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Page 4 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 July 2005

Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIntellectual Impropriety — Intellectual property is a contradiction in terms.  Otherwise, thinking would be a copyright violation.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNo Difference — What difference does it make if the bread lands butter side down?  I'm not going to eat it after it's been on the floor, whichever way it lands.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSome Kind of Something or Other — Why do the media stooges keep talking about democratic elections?  Is there a different kind?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageInnocent Victims — Being defenseless isn't a virtue.  It's a failure.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Letters to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis message is in response to the article "Tar Baby AOL", on page 1 of the May issue.

— editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere is a way to help "JEFFREY" & all the AOL victims!  1.  Don't cancel credit cards!  2.  Write up an affidavit w/statements saying one "discontinued service" on X date and the "charges are fraud.  3.  Have it notarized — & include copies of phone bill (if necessary) & send it to credit card co!  THEY will have to "put the funds back into your acct and They will have to file for recovery from AOL (NOT you!)  NetZero & PeoplePC's lawyers can also "get involved"!
— an inmate

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHR 1528 has already passed through one committee, and appears likely to pass through another and come to the floor for a vote.  This bill, if passed, will force you to inform on your neighbors if you have any knowledge of drug related activity.  We're not making this up.  First it was illegal to deal drugs, then use them, and then to be caught with them.  Now, Congressman James Sensenbrenner wants to make it the law that if you do not inform on your neighbors you can be sentenced to prison for a mandatory two years!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis kind of a system — neighbors informing on neighbors — was a key feature of past totalitarian regimes.
— from http://www.downsizedc.org/index.shtml
forwarded by Sir John the Generous

Greetings
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWith all the "newsmedia time" spent on the Senatorial process of confirming or filibustering the nominees for judgeships, and all the brainwashing (tell a lie often enough and loud enough — the masses will believe it as TRUTH), done by the pundits & news anchors regarding the Conservative or Liberal bias of the Judges, and as to their (the Judges) spotless records, and "impeccable" positions, there is one question glaringly absent from all the debates: "When did Article 1, Sec. 10 of the Constitution for the United States of America get repealed?"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageEvery Judge, Every Legislator, Every Executive Officer, IS AN ABSOLUTE HYPOCRITE!  How can Each and Every one of them "swear" (Oath of Office) to uphold the Constitution, and then at that same moment and after, violate the above cited provision of that Constitution?  And, ALL you VOTERS out there deserve each and every Law, Statute, Rule, Regulation, Ordinance, Policy, TREATY, etc., ever forced down your throats:  because every time you vote, you (ignorantly?) voluntarily accept your STATUS as U.S. SLAVE on the D.C. Plantation!  (Slaves have NO RIGHTS!)  So quit calling this area of Planet Earth "the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave" and start acknowledging it IS "The Land of the Fee, and the Home of the Slave!"4
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen it comes to this (Memorial) day, I give a silent thanks to those Revolutionary War dead, and the Confederate soldiers who fought against the oppression of the North in the War between the states, yet have No sympathy for those deceived in every "War" since.  I still have your "Pledge of Deliverance"5 displayed on My wall, and will pass it framed to my son soon.
— an inmate

Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePlease bear with me a bit longer; And do keep the Frontiersman coming.  I not only (for the most part) like what you have to say but, also, the way in which you say it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy finances have been in horrible shape of late.  I may, however, begin to see a little daylight after July 1; And be in a position to make a small donation from time to time.
— Victor; Tonopah, Arizona

^ 
"Such is life in the Land of the Fee and the Home of the Slave." — Sam Aurelius Milam III, quoted in ARE WE CITIZENS OR ARE WE SLAVES?, by Jim May, February 1994, page 2.  Also see The Land of the Fee And the Home of the Slave, Sam Aurelius Milam III, February 1995, page 1
— editor
 ^ 
New Year's Resolution, Sam Aurelius Milam III, January 1997, page 3
— editor

Page 5

Frontiersman 
1510 North 22nd Drive
Show Low, Arizona   85901 

A Message to the American States
If at first you don't secede, try, try
again.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

"... extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice!  And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"
— Barry Goldwater, July 16, 1964

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  Sir James the Bold, SantaClara Bob, Lady Jan the Voluptuous, Joseph, of Northridge, California, and Sir Donald the Elusive.

— editor

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat do you think of Baroque art?

— Docent
Dear Docent
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI broke a statue once in a museum and they got real upset so I guess broke art is a bad thing.

Bible Q&As
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Carolyn C.
Q Who was the greatest female financier in the Bible?
A Pharaoh's daughter.  She went down to the bank of the Nile and drew out a little prophet.
Q What kind of man was Boaz before he got married?
A Ruth-less.
Q Who was the greatest comedian in the Bible?
A Samson.  He brought the house down.
Q Where is the first baseball game in the Bible?
A In the big inning, Eve stole first, Adam stole second, and Cain struck out.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I prefer cash, U.S. postage stamps, prepaid telephone cards, and so forth.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use frontiersman@pharos.websiteallies.com.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 6 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 July 2005

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue