15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, November 2008
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Animal Gestapo Houston
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLate in September of 2008, I happened upon a television program called Animal Cops Houston.  It was on a channel called Animal Planet, which I never watch.  The program was playing on a television that someone had left running and I just happened to walk past the television during the program.  In less time than it took for me to walk past the television, I noticed what was being presented.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe program was an account of the theft of some animals by some gestapo thugs who were masquerading as animal saviors.  The amount of bleeding-heart weeping and wailing presented on behalf of the animals that were being stolen was substantial.  The level of phoney propaganda in favor of the proclaimed flawless virtue of the thugs who were stealing the animals was considerable.  The concern that was shown for the shattered rights of ownership of the so-called (previous) owners of the animals was utterly absent.  The program was a blatant and disgusting example of brainwashing in favor of intrusive government.  It was all justified by the whiney sniveling over the plight of the animals.  It brought to mind my previous observation1 that the more worthy the cause, the greater the level of repression and governmental brutality that cause will support.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe so-called right of an animal to good treatment, presuming that any such right exists, is vastly less important than a human being's right of ownership of the animal.  In general, the right of ownership means, or used to mean, or ought to mean, the right to use, to enjoy, to abuse, to destroy, or to dispose of the owned thing in whatever manner the owner chooses, and to be able to do so without being answerable to anyone for it.  Thus, if a man owns (for example) a horse, then he and he alone ought to be in control of the treatment of the horse.  No matter what the man does or doesn't do to the horse, it isn't anybody else's business but his.  If somebody else disapproves of the man's treatment of the horse, then the disapproving individual has a limited number of legitimate options.  One legitimate option is to try to buy the horse.  If he succeeds, then he can give the horse better treatment.  After all, if he buys it then it will be his horse.  Another legitimate option is to try to persuade the owner of the horse to voluntarily give it better treatment.  That might reasonably include an offer of financial support for any additional expenses that might be associated with the better treatment of the horse.  Failing those two legitimate options, the third legitimate option is for the disapproving person to mind his own damned business.  Sadly, there's a fourth option, although it isn't a legitimate one.  That option is to let the gestapo thugs steal the horse.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOwnership is demonstrated by possession or control.  It is proved by force or by the threat of force.  People seem to be too stupid to understand that.  So, when the gestapo thugs take animals away from the so-called (previous) owners, the reason for the seizure being irrelevant, the gestapo thugs are proven to be the owners of the animals.  After that, the gestapo thugs are the ones who get to use, to enjoy, to abuse, to destroy, or to dispose of the animals in whatever manner they choose, without being answerable for it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTo believe that the rights of a dog, or of a cat, or of any other animal are more important than the rights of a human being to own the animal is a stupid belief.  It encourages and condones the destruction of any existing right of ownership that might so far have escaped the notice of the gestapo thugs who are in charge of the growing police state in this country.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

^ 
April 2004 Frontiersman, Stray Thoughts, page 3

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.my3website.net.

November 2008 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 1

In Their Own Words:  God Rested
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Christians like to claim that their God is a mighty God, unlimited in any way, all-seeing, omnipotent, infinite, and eternal.  They also like to claim that their Holy Bible is the inspired Word of that God, infallible, authoritative, unchanging, and final.  With that in mind, consider the second verse of the second chapter of Genesis, the first book of that infallible Holy Bible.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSince on the seventh day God was finished with the work he had been doing, he rested on the seventh day from all the work he had undertaken.
—Genesis 2:2
New American Bible
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn the synonyms statement under the definition of rest, in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, I found this statement.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSYNONYMS:  rest, relaxation, repose, leisure, ease, comfort.  All of these nouns mean freedom or relief from labor, responsibility, or strain.  Rest, the least specific, suggests mental or physical recuperation ....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIndeed, that's the general understanding of the word.  Somebody rests when he's tired.  He does it to recuperate, to restore his strength and energy.  However, that's the understanding that other people have.  What do Christians think about it?  Maybe they have some special meaning for the word, when God does it.  What does their infallible Holy Bible say?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them;  but on the seventh day he rested.  That is why the LORD has blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.
—Exodus 20:11
New American Bible
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSix days there are for doing work, but the seventh day is the sabbath of complete rest, sacred to the LORD.  Anyone who does work on the sabbath day shall be put to death.
—Exodus 31:15
New American Bible
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf Christians want to kill each other, in violation of the previous commandment at Exodus 20:13, then that's their problem, not mine.  I'm trying to make a different point here.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Holy Bible says that God rested after doing some work.  It also commands Christians to rest after doing their work.  It seems reasonable to conclude, from the observed usage, that the same meaning is intended for the word in both situations.  That is, Christians rest the same way that God did, and for the same reason.  People rest because they're tired.  It follows that God rested because God was tired.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThat's an important observation.  Here's why.  The Holy Bible, the inspired, infallible, unchanging Word of God, tacitly acknowledges that God was tired.  If God can get tired, then the unavoidable conclusion is that God's endurance is limited.  Otherwise, he wouldn't get tired.  So, God doesn't have limitless powers.  It says so right there in the Christians' own Holy Bible.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf God's powers are limited, then maybe some of the other claims that have been made on his behalf, by Christians, are also not true.  Maybe God isn't infinite.  Maybe God isn't eternal.  Maybe God isn't all-seeing, all-wise, and omnipotent.  These are interesting thoughts.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnd some seed fell on good soil, and when it grew, it produced fruit a hundredfold."  After saying this, he called out, "Whoever has ears to hear ought to hear."
—Luke 8:8
New American Bible
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDon't get mad at me about this.  It wasn't my idea.  It came right out of the Christians' own Holy Bible, in their own words.  All that I did was to read it and to report what I read.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhoever has eyes to read ought to read.  Whoever has a brain to think ought to think.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Letter to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThanks for Frontiersman Oct 08.  The lead article [Ol' Toothless  —editor] I assume is NOT of your authorship?  Its one of the few (or only) pieces I've seen in the Frontiersman that is as good as your own.  Thats very rare.  You stated the source, from FRONT SIGHT, but not the (any) authors name — which is why its left ambiguous if its your writing or not.  Anyway, its superb.
— a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf an article that appears here is mine, then my name will be on the byline.  I cited the source of the piece in question, but not its author.  The source cites the author as A. L. Jones.
— editor
Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNitwit Censorship — Boobs float.  Right?  So, why does the Little Mermaid wear a bra?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFalse Hope — There isn't any safety.  Anywhere.  Ever.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution. I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

Page 2 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  November 2008

The American Dream
G. W. Brown
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSadly, the once believed American way of life is going away.  Years ago it was accepted as a fact that if one achieved a college degree he would have prosperity all the days of his life.  That is no longer the case.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn 1977, I graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.  I worked eleven years as an engineer.  The only setback in my career was when I exposed a management operated prostitution ring at Southern Company Services in 1986.  Two years later, I was laid-off and blacklisted from the engineering profession.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOver the years I fought this blacklisting and I'm proud to say that Southern Company Services no longer exists.  The parent company, the Southern Company, has absorbed that entity into other branches of the company.  Members of the inner management circle involved with the sex for jobs prostitution ring either retired or were absorbed elsewhere.  That problem no longer exists since Southern Company Services no longer figures into the equation.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageEmployment has been hard for the last 20 years.  I found a fairly good temporary job with the U.S. Census in 1990 and 2000.  2010 is close.  In 1991, I found a great job with the Cookeville newspaper and worked there until the paper closed in 1995.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSince 2002, I have worked at a dead-end job for Goodwill.  Since they started closing the small town stores like Dyersburg, Tennessee, that will probably end.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe worse news came five years ago when I realized that I had lasted longer than Southern Company Services and that the black listing was off.  I started looking for a real job again and realized that there aren't any.  There are no engineering jobs out there, especially if you have not worked in twenty years.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe thing that really drives this home is the number of college graduates that I work with at Goodwill.  I am not talking about the ones who are criminal offenders.  It is just people whose jobs went away.  If there aren't any jobs, then there isn't any American Dream.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Negative Attitudes
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePeople sometimes ask me, when we encounter one another, how I'm doing.  I get a certain amount of enjoyment from making wise cracks like, "I'm still waiting to get rich!" or "I'm not rich yet!"  Occasionally, some nitwit will reply, "Money won't make you happy!" or "What would you do with it anyway?"  What stupidity!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFirst, how do the nitwits know that it wouldn't make me happy?  Maybe because it hasn't made some other people happy?  So what?  Maybe I'm smarter than those other people.  Maybe I can utilize wealth better than they did.  Besides that, I'm already happy.  Making me happy isn't the point.  Why not also be rich?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNot only that, there are lots of things that I'd be able to do with the funds.  Most or all of those things would make me happy.  I'd be able to afford ink cartridges when I needed them.  When I wanted to go somewhere, I'd be able to ring my little silver bell and tell Jeeves to ask Cadwalladar to fire up the Hummer or the limousine.  I'd be able to buy that private railroad passenger car that I've wanted for all of these years.  I'd be able to buy residential lots and reverse-develop them.  I'd be able to ride around town looking for homeless people to put through college.  I'd be able to pay off the mortgages for various friends and members of my family.  I'd be able to offer other assistance to them.  I'd be able to scatter time capsules with seeds in them all over the continent.2  I could go over to the Safeway and anonymously give the little sweety at the cash register $1000 for the tenth customer to go past her cash register. I could throw $20 bills out the window, for people to find.  I could buy a Beta videocassette recorder.  I could buy some new videos and stop watching my present ones over and over and over again.  I could visit friends and family (via Cadwalladar and the Hummer or the limousine) that I haven't seen for years.  I could afford to get a crown on my broken tooth.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBeing rich wouldn't make me happy?  I wouldn't have anything to do with the funds?  What rubbish!  Stupid people with negative attitudes are very annoying.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
 ^ 
Restart Earth, http://milam.my3website.net/Bright_Ideas/Restart_Earth/Restart_Earth.html

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

November 2008 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 3

Frontiersman 
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507 

You know that you're living in a police state when you realize that you're more likely to be arrested than you are to be mugged.
—Saturday, July 27, 1996
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  my mother;  and Dewey and Betty.
— editor
Differences Between Man and Women
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
• A man will pay $2 for a $1 item that he wants.  A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't want.
• A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.  A man worries about the future after he gets a wife.
• A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.  A successful woman is one who can find such a man.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Descriptions of Stupidity
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
• Not the sharpest knife in the drawer
• Got into the gene pool while the lifeguard wasn't watching
• A room temperature IQ
• Got a full 6-pack, but lacks the plastic thingy to hold them together
• A photographic memory, but the lens cover is glued on
• A prime candidate for natural de-selection
• Bright as Alaska in December
• During evolution, his ancestors were in the control group
• Fell out of the family tree10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubscriptions and Back Issues — Printed copies of this newsletter, either subscriptions or back issues, are available by application only.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, then print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You can also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash, prepaid telephone cards, or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.my3website.net.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc. 
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4  Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  November 2008

The following item appeared as an insert in the November issue of the Frontiersman.
PDF Version of this Insert
Back to the Beginning of This Issue
15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 Page Background gif Image15x15 Page Background gif ImageThe Fundamental Principles of Liberty

The Principles
I don't claim to be aware of all of the fundamental principles of liberty.  Here's a list of some of them.
15x15 Page Background gif Image
• Freedom from Obligation Under Duress — There isn't any obligation under duress.  If I'm forced to make an agreement that I didn't want to make, then the agreement isn't binding.  If I'm forced to do something that I didn't want to do, then the results of what I did cannot be used against me.
• The Right to be Assumed Innocent — I must be assumed innocent.  I don't need to prove my innocence.
• Burden of Proof — If someone believes that I'm guilty of something, then the accuser must prove it without my help.  I don't have to do anything or say anything that might help the accuser prove my guilt.
• Freedom from Self Incrimination — I don't have to provide information that might be used against me.  My refusal to provide such information cannot be used against me. 
• The Right to Remain Silent — I don't have to reveal any information at all.
 Example:  DNA Testing
• Freedom from Obligation under Duress — If I'm forced to submit to a DNA test, then the results of the DNA test are not binding on me.  The results of the DNA test cannot be used against me.
• The Right to be Assumed Innocent — It must be assumed that I'm not the source of any particular blood, hair, sperm, etc.  I don't have to prove that I'm not the source.
• Burden of Proof — If someone believes that I'm the source of any particular blood, hair, sperm, etc., then the accuser must prove it without my help.  I don't have to submit to any DNA test that might help the accuser prove that I'm the source.
• Freedom from Self Incrimination — I don't have to take a DNA test that might prove that I'm the source of any particular blood, hair, sperm, etc.  My refusal to take such a test cannot be used to allege that I am the source.
• The Right to Remain Silent — A DNA test reveals information.  Thus, I don't have to submit to any DNA test at all.
 Example:  Lie Detector Testing
• Freedom from Obligation Under Duress — If I'm forced to take a lie detector test, then the results of the lie detector test are not binding on me.  The results of the lie detector test cannot be used against me.
• The Right to be Assumed Innocent — It must be assumed that I'm telling the truth.  I don't have to prove that I'm telling the truth.
• Burden of Proof — If someone believes that I'm not telling the truth, then the accuser must prove it without my help.  I don't have to take a lie detector test that might help the accuser prove that I'm not telling the truth.
• Freedom from Self Incrimination — I don't have to take a lie detector test that might show that I'm not telling the truth.  My refusal to take a lie detector test cannot be used to allege that I'm not telling the truth.
• The Right to Remain Silent — A lie detector test reveals information.  Thus, I don't have to submit to any lie detector test at all.

Sam Aurelius Milam III, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
cNovember 2008
Page 1

The Fundamental Principles of Liberty

Example:  Drug Testing
• Freedom from Obligation Under Duress — If I'm forced to take a drug test, then the results of the drug test are not binding on me.  The results of the drug test cannot be used against me.
• The Right to be Assumed Innocent — It must be assumed that I'm not using illegal drugs.  I don't have to prove that I'm not using illegal drugs.
• Burden of Proof — If someone believes that I'm using illegal drugs, then the accuser must prove it without my help.  I don't have to take a drug test that might help the accuser prove that I'm using illegal drugs.
• Freedom from Self Incrimination — I don't have to take a drug test that might prove that I'm using illegal drugs.  My refusal to take a drug test cannot be used to allege that I'm using illegal drugs.
• The Right to Remain Silent — A drug test reveals information.  Thus, I don't have to submit to any drug test at all.
 Example:  Airport Security Checks
• Freedom from Obligation Under Duress — If I'm forced to submit to an airport security check, then the results of the airport security check are not binding on me.  The results of the airport security check cannot be used against me.
• The Right to be Assumed Innocent — It must be assumed that I'm not carrying bombs or weapons.  I don't have to prove that I'm not carrying bombs or weapons.
• Burden of Proof — If someone believes that I'm carrying bombs or weapons, then the accuser must prove it without my help.  I don't have to submit to an airport security check that might help the accuser prove that I'm carrying them.
• Freedom from Self Incrimination — I don't have to submit to an airport security check that might prove that I'm carrying bombs or weapons.  My refusal to submit to any such airport security check cannot be used to allege that I'm carrying bombs or weapons.
• The Right to Remain Silent — An airport security check reveals information.  Thus, I don't have to submit to any airport security check at all.
 Example:  Weapons Purchase Background Checks
• Freedom from Obligation Under Duress — If I'm forced to submit to a background check, then the results of the background check are not binding on me.  The results of the background check cannot be used against me.
• The Right to be Assumed Innocent — I must be assumed to have the right to carry a weapon.  I don't have to prove that I have the right to carry a weapon.
• Burden of Proof — If someone believes that I don't have the right to carry a weapon, then the accuser must prove it without my help.  I don't have to submit to a background check that might help the accuser prove that I don't have a right to carry a weapon. 
• Freedom from Self Incrimination — I don't have to submit to a background check that might prove that I don't have the right to carry a weapon.  My refusal to submit to a background check cannot be used to allege that I don't have the right to carry a weapon.
• The Right to Remain Silent — A background check reveals information.  Thus, I don't have to submit to any background check at all.

November 2008c
Page 2
Sam Aurelius Milam III, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
Back to the Beginning of This Issue