15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, March 2010
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Power Bandit
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMany years ago, probably about 1968 or 1969, while I was attending classes at Texas A&M University, I took a class in electric motor theory.  It's been a long time and I don't remember most of what I learned in the class.  However, one idea stuck with me.  To the best of my memory, it was called a tuned circuit.  If that's the wrong name for it then, hopefully, one of my readers will so inform me and I'll be able to print a correction in a later issue of this newsletter.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe instructor taught us that, if a capacitor and an inductor are placed in parallel across an incoming AC line, and if the inductance and the capacitance are correct, then the two devices will form a tuned circuit.  The distinguishing feature of a tuned circuit is that there will be an alternating current flowing in the loop that's represented by the inductor and the capacitor but without any current at all flowing in the incoming AC line.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI immediately had an idea.  I was too bashful to raise my hand in class but, the next weekend that I went home, I proposed my idea to Poppa.  He was an electronics technician by training and by trade.  He knew more about electric theory than most of the professors at A&M did.  I suggested that, if a tuned circuit was arranged so that the inductor was actually the primary winding of a transformer, then it should be possible to run a load on the secondary winding of the transformer without drawing any current from the AC line.  That would be free electricity.
Tuned Circuit
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHe said that, indeed, it would work.  The catch, he told me, was that the load had to be constant.  If the load varied even a little, then that variation would be transferred to the primary winding of the transformer as a change in its inductance.  That would cause the circuit to no longer be a tuned circuit.  I pressed the issue, asking why it wouldn't work with a constant load.  He said that, with the correct inductance and capacitance and with a constant load, it would work.  I asked him why people didn't use the idea.  He didn't have a complete answer but he said that he thought that maybe, sometimes, people did use tuned circuits in the way that I'd suggested.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageToday, my questions remain.  A transformer and a capacitor don't cost much.  A tuned circuit could be designed into the input line of, say, an air conditioner.  The air conditioner would be a constant load.  I don't see any reason why a person would have to pay for electricity to run the air conditioner.  It ought to run constantly, for free.  The addition of a tuned circuit to the equipment would add slightly to the original cost of the equipment, but not much.  The increase in cost ought to be recovered during the lifetime of the equipment.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf any of you know of a reason why it wouldn't work, then I'd be interested in knowing the reason.  If any of you have the skills to build and test such a device, then I'd be interested in knowing the results.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

A White Man's Notes
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWomanizers — A gentleman and a scoundrel both have the same objective with regard to women.  The only difference between them is a matter of style.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageExpenses — If a man can somehow manage to divest himself of cars and women, then he can live on almost no income at all.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageMale Symbol

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.my3website.net.

March 2010 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 1

Letters to the Editor
Sam:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageJust wanted to say, "Hang in there!"  People who stand up for liberty in all these little ways are fighting a guerrilla war for the future of freedom.
— Joseph;  Northridge, California
Sam:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA couple stray thoughts popped into my head recently, one despairing, the other hopeful.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOne:  The U.S. reached a tipping point about 30 to 40 years ago.  When the proportion of a population working in the government sector reaches a threshold level, there's no going back.  Those working in government see it as being in their best interest to perpetuate the growth of government, and they become blinded to any superiority of the workings of the nongovernment sector.  Meanwhile, those remaining in the private sector become too few in number and too powerless to recognize, call out, and correct the snowballing trend.  That trend is this:  As government grows, the economy and culture falter as a direct consequence and in direct proportion.  The deep underlying structural problems of the U.S. economy have been temporarily papered over with massive borrowing.  Borrowing has been in the form of IOUs held offshore, spent on nonsense and waste, and mortgaged against a future that won't be able to pay the debt when it's called in.  When the unstoppable force of nonsense finally collides with the unmovable body of reality, say in 2025, social scientists will then (hindsight is 20-20) be able to point back at the tipping point whence it all began, around 1975, give or take a decade.  This "lost decade," the 00s, may be just a foreshock of the crash to come.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTwo:  That crash may be the end of the U.S. federal government as we now know it.  The Soviet Union, as a federal government, finally collapsed in a relatively bloodless process in 1991.  Granted, personalities, in the form of Reagan and Gorbachev, were involved.  But the deeper structural trend of a federal government imposing impossible, crushing burdens (the Red Army, the Buran space shuttle, regulation and inefficiency) on an economy led to the dissolution of "the evil empire."  The same fate seems to await the U.S. feds, and for the same reasons.  The U.S. federal government will disincorporate.  Power will revert back to the fifty states.  Current U.S. military installations will still be held therein, but mutual-defense agreements between the states will replace the Pentagon.  Money will change hands much as it did in post-1991 Russia, but eventually "Americans" may begin to appreciate a monetary system or plurality of systems based on something real.  (Incidentally, the Russian economy as of 2010 is doing nicely, which the lefty U.S. media won't report.).  People will "vote with their feet," in other words live in a state where the government treats them properly.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDid anyone in the 60s, 70s, or 80s publicly predict that the Soviet feds would simply throw up their hands and give up?  No.  Big surprise of the 20th Century.  Yet it's now a historical fact.  History and current trends make it possible to imagine the refreshing dissolution of the U.S. within our lifetimes.
— Frank;  San Jose, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe U.S. government is the most powerful, arrogant, and brutal terrorist organization on Earth.  It has preempted America, enslaved Americans, and obstructed the fundamental principles of liberty for which America should have been a haven.  It's a tool of aggression for a gang of thugs and cutthroats who are intent upon spreading their vile domination to all of the peoples of the Earth.  It's an enemy of anybody who seeks liberty.  Among my goals are the termination of the U.S. government and the restoration of liberty upon this continent.
—editor
Speculations About Seat Belt Sensors
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA friend of mine recently speculated about cops and seat belts.  Here are his thoughts.  A driver can drive through town at 35 or 40 mph and be passed by a cop in the oncoming traffic lane who's also going at 35 or 40 mph.  The speed at which they pass each other might be as high as 80 mph.  There might even be a barrier of some kind between them.  In such a situation, it won't be easy for a cop to see if a driver is wearing a seat belt.  Nevertheless, my friend insists that in just such a situation a cop will do a U-turn and chase down a driver for driving without using his seat belt.  My friend wondered how a cop can check the driver of every oncoming car for wearing a seat belt and still watch where he's going.  He suggested that the sensors that alert drivers about unfastened seat belts might also transmit signals that are received by receivers in cops' cars.  I don't have the foggiest notion.  Do any of you know if such a notification system is in use?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution. I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

Page 2 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  March 2010

A Piece of the Past, a Bit of the Truth
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOn Tuesday, February 16, I watched about the last half of an episode of Deep Sea Detectives on The History Channel.  They were investigating the remains of a boat, the Henrietta Marie, that sank in the Florida Straight in the year 1701.  The boat was of interest because, in addition to whatever other cargo it might have carried, it also carried Negroes from Africa to this continent to be used as slaves.  I was watching the program mostly to pass the time but it took only a few minutes for it to arouse my interest.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe first item that caught my attention was mention of an organization called the National Association of Black Scuba Divers.  Why would I be surprised?  I've known for a long time that it's acceptable for Negroes to create race-based organizations.  It's only us pasty-faced white devils who're prohibited from doing that sort of thing.  If we tried to form a National Association of White Scuba Divers, then shrieking Negroes carrying big ugly signs and marching around in circles would revile us as heartless, arrogant, good-for-nothing, scurvy, white supremacist, racists.  I wonder if they understand anything at all about equality.  They certainly seem to prefer extra privileges, just as long as they're the ones who are getting them.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe next item that caught my attention was a description of the operations of the Henrietta Marie and of other similar boats of the time.  According to the program, the Henrietta Marie sailed from England with a load of iron bars.  It appears that the operators of the boat were motivated by profit, not by racism.  What a surprise.  They weren't specifically trying to be slave traders.  They were just carrying whatever cargo was profitable.  It happened that people were a profitable cargo.  So, the operators of the Henrietta Marie sailed to west Africa and traded their iron bars for a cargo of people.  Here's the part of the narrative that was the most interesting.  It's a point that seems to have been avoided by both the government controlled media and the government controlled brainwashing centers (AKA schools).1  I've certainly never seen it mentioned anywhere else.  According to the Deep Sea Detectives, the operators of the Henrietta Marie didn't get their cargo of people from white slave traders in Africa.  According to the program, they got the cargo from Africans.  That's right.  The slave traders in Africa, the vicious, heartless devils who captured Negroes and sent them into slavery, were members of local tribes.  They traded captured members of neighboring tribes for iron bars.  So, the despicable, heartless, mercenary, greedy, white-devil Europeans weren't the only monsters of their time.  Their Negro business associates, those local Negroes who sold their neighbors into slavery, were equally monstrous.  They wanted wealth in the form of iron bars more than they wanted their neighbors.  Well Hell, there goes the neighborhood.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhile today's Negroes enjoy their smug sense of victimization, they should occasionally be reminded that white Europeans weren't the only people in the history of the world who ever bought or sold slaves.  Frankly, I'm tired of the hypocrisy of Negroes who, for decades, have demanded integration, who bristle at the mere notion of any white oriented situation, and who then create hundreds of Negro organizations all over the country.  Mostly, however, I'm tired of people of whatever hue who willfully refuse to believe that slavery in the USA didn't end but, instead, was merely transformed.  Instead of white masters owning Negro slaves, there now exists a system of slavery in which the police state owns all of its citizens.2
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe institutional form of slavery that exists today is temporarily more luxurious then slavery was for the Negro slaves of the past.  The masters of today are less obvious than were the masters in the past.  Today's masters even give an appearance of benevolence.  Even so, they're still masters.  The proposition is easy enough to demonstrate.  Consider that there are primarily three categories of behavior in the USA:  prohibited, required, and regulated.  If you can think of any behavior that isn't included within one of those three categories, then it will probably be legislated into one of them within the foreseeable future.  Anyway, try this.  Get caught engaging in some form of prohibited behavior, refusing to engage in some form of required behavior, or engaging in some form of regulated behavior without a license.  In any of those situations, you'll be punished.  Obedience is mandatory.  Defiance isn't tolerated.  That's a pretty good description of slavery.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
5x5 Page Background GIF Image5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Enemies of Liberty, Frontiersman, February 2004,  page 1
5x5 Page Background GIF Image5x5 Page Background GIF Image
The Lone Raver Writes Again, Friday, April 12, 2002, Sam Aurelius Milam III

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

March 2010 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 3

Frontiersman 
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507 

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty.  When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.
— Thomas Jefferson
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  my mother;  Dewey and Betty;  Tom, of Redwood City, California;  and Sir Donald the Elusive. 
— editor
Court Quotes
From Humor in the Court and More Humor in the Court, by Mary Louise Gilman, editor of the National Shorthand Reporter.  Forwarded by Don G.
Q Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?
A Would you repeat that question, please?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Strange Language
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA seamstress and a sewer fell into a sewer.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe farm was used to produce produce.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Federally Insured
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy neighbor works in the operations department in the central office of a large bank.  Employees in the field call him when they have problems with their computers.  One night he got a call from a woman in one of the branch banks who had this question:  "I've got smoke coming from the back of my terminal.  Do you guys have a fire downtown?"10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Kids Are Quick
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Sir Donald the Elusive.
Teacher: Glenn, how do you spell crocodile?
Glenn: "K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L"
Teacher: No, that's wrong.
Glenn: It might be wrong but that's how I spell it.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubscriptions and Back Issues — Printed copies of this newsletter, either subscriptions or back issues, are available by application only.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, then return it unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash, prepaid telephone cards, or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.my3website.net.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc. 
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4  Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  March 2010

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue