15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, October 2011
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
The Lone Crusade
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf Biblical accounts have any credibility, then people have been fighting over the Holy Land for longer than recorded history can reveal.  It isn't clear that Solomon's Temple was the first such structure to be built there.  Supposedly, the Jebusites built a temple in that location, even before King David's conquest of the region.  The Jebusites' temple was destroyed for the construction of Solomon's Temple.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Jebusites had previously destroyed some earlier temple, built there by some earlier occupants of the land, and that their destruction of that earlier temple wasn't the first such event to occur in the region.  Whatever such events might be lost in the distant past, beyond the reach of even legend or myth, it's clear that the struggle to occupy and to control the Holy Land has been going on for a very long time.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Crusades were a particularly distasteful episode in the long and sorry history of the place.  According to historians, the Crusades began in 1095 and ended in 1291.  Presumably, they were fought mainly by Roman Catholics against Muslims and Greek Orthodox Christians but there were other campaigns waged against pagan Slavs, pagan Balts, Mongols, Christian heretics, and peoples under the ban of excommunication.  Altogether, there were a lot of other conflicts in addition to the nine Crusades that are traditionally recognized.  Subsequent campaigns continued until the 16th century.  Allegedly, the last vestiges of the Crusaders didn't disappear until Napoleon defeated the Knights Hospitaller on Malta, in 1798.  Depending upon how you define the boundaries of the region and which conflicts you want to designate as crusades, you might still point to Christian forces killing Muslims in the Holy Land, even today.  Whether or not you want to regard present conflicts as Crusades, whether or not you want to consider them all to be taking place in the Holy Land, it's a fact that George W. Bush called his response a crusade after the attacks of September 11, 2001, attacks that were blamed on Muslims.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe attempts of historians to organize the accounts of things don't disguise the fact that it's been a long and mostly continuous conflict.  For centuries, people have been committing brutality and murder in the name of one god or another for the possession and control of a place that they all declare to be Holy.  Yet, the participants all seem to be much more interested in the killing than in the place.  If the place is indeed Holy, and it very well might be, then the behavior of those who've fought there constitutes just about the most atrocious desecration of a Holy Place that can be imagined.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA Holy Place, if such there is, doesn't belong to the Christians.  It doesn't belong to the Jews.  It doesn't belong to the Muslims.  It doesn't belong to any man or to any group of men.  A Holy Place belongs to God.  Atrocities and murder committed merely for the possession of a Holy Place suggest that, where mankind is involved, nothing is unthinkable.  It reminds us that organized religion is a good example of man's inhumanity to man.  Wars are not Holy.  Slaughter in the name of God isn't Holy.  The men who've fought and killed for the possession of the Holy Land are, among all men, the least Holy and the most dishonorable.

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvoid what is evil;  do what is good;  purify the mind — this is the teaching of the Awakened One [Buddha].
—Suttapitaka. Dhammapada, 14:183
The Pali Canon
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI believe that it's possible for us to rise above the sorry legacy of our evil past but I believe that it can be done only as individuals.  Anyone who seeks enlightenment must do so in his own time and in his own way.  Enlightenment is an individual accomplishment.  Organized religion doesn't deliver it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMay God grant us the will to seek the light, the skill to find it, the courage to choose it, and the wisdom to make it endure.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSociety is a mob.  Religion is a disease.  Only individuals can become enlightened.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use Frontiersman@manlymail.net.
October 2011 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 1

Letters to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTo: <Frontiersman@manlymail.net>
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubject: Re: Email not accepted for policy reasons (KMM133760029V65311L0KM)
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFrom: Yahoo! Mail abuse-admin@cc.yahoo-inc.com
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReply-To: Yahoo! Mail <abuse-admin@cc.yahoo-inc.com>
Hello Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThank you for writing to Yahoo! Mail.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis error message indicates that your email was not accepted because there is a Web address in the message that Yahoo! Mail will not accept for policy reasons.  For instance, it is against Yahoo! Mail's policy to send messages with links to viruses or other types of malicious software.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf you are the administrator for the website address content below, we ask that you review the material located within the Web address for potentially objectionable content.  Please know that Yahoo! is unable to disclose specific information regarding our filtering practices.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWe thank you for your understanding in this matter.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThank you again for contacting Yahoo! Mail.  Your case number for this issue is 86771753.  Please reference it in all future communication about this particular issue.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRegards,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHank
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYahoo! Customer Care
15x5 Page Background GIF Image86771753
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy message to my reviewers requesting comments on this issue of the newsletter was banned for reviewers with Yahoo addresses because the message included the Frontiersman web address.  That is, Yahoo refused to deliver the message to those reviewers.  See their reply to my inquiry, just above.  The refusal to deliver the mail due to a draconian policy regarding prohibited content is entirely unacceptable.  The result of such censorship will be tyranny and oppression, however holy the motives.  I cancelled my Yahoo account.  I suggest that all of you do the same.
—editor
15x5 Page Background GIF Imageperchance is the NBC Nighty News With Tom Brokaw sponsored by Victoria's Secret?
15x5 Page Background GIF Imageawesome!
—SantaClara Bob
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe message refers to the Smitten With Embarrassment Department (Seldom Used), on page 3 of the September issue.
—editor
Greetings Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHope you are well.  Thanks for latest Frontiersman;  recently got.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGoing back to your Aug 2011 Frontiersman, p3, Vacufoam:  I want to understand this.  Are you suggesting each tiny bubble be like canned food, in the sense that it is vacuum packed?  I'm trying to get my mind around this, and can't seem to get all your vision/insight;  maybe I'm looking for more than what is there.  If this is like the process used to evacuate air/atmosphere from certain packaged/canned foods, I don't see how it would float, at least at the mass of a house size.  Maybe it's just my lack of physics knowledge & insights.  I suppose if a stadium roof was caked with a heavy layer of enough snow, it would still collapse  -?  Or not?  And, is it impossible, according to physics law, to make the product on earth?  Makes me wonder why they couldn't raise the Titanic with air bags — or, I suppose it wasn't a matter of "couldn't," but rather a matter of politics & criminality to hide what they want to hide....
—a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA hot air balloon is a big bubble that floats because the gas that's inside of it is less dense than the atmosphere that's outside of it.  I'm proposing a material, Vacufoam, that's mostly a lot of small bubbles.  I expect that Vacufoam will float if the gas that's inside of the bubbles, as near as possible to a vacuum, is less dense than the atmosphere that's outside of them.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou're correct that a roof, even a Vacufoam roof, with an excessive load of snow will probably collapse.  A Vacufoam roof would still need to be structurally adequate to support the expected loads.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI speculate that, to make Vacufoam on earth, it would be necessary to manufacture it in a big vacuum chamber.  In space, you don't have to create a vacuum.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy understanding is that it's very tricky to raise a sunken ship.  The Titanic is large, deep, and has been there for a long time.  I don't know if it's possible to raise it.
—editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGreetings my brother.  Received the September 2011 issue.  Great work buddy.  Thank you so much for providing me with free issues of your little newsletter.  I pass em on after reading.  Anyway Sam, I've got a request, please.  If you recall, you had a picture of L.A.P.D. lined up, forget what year, and on the same page, 
Arrow
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
Page 2 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  October 2011

you had a group of Nazi's in their black uniforms, anyway.  I had made copies of the 2 and put them together (to prove a point to some of my fellow inmates.)  And passed them around here @ [prison name omitted] Sodom and Gomorrah of all [number of prisons and state name omitted] prisons.  Well, seems a lot of these inmates are finally opening their eyes to that semblance.  Long story short Sam, all my copies were confiscated and an AD-SEQ of [number omitted] days was assessed, [number omitted] months on C-Status (meaning I get no special privileges:  canteen visits, phone, etc.)  [number omitted] days loss of credits, [number omitted] days loss of yard, you know, bullshit stuff.  And, they confiscated all my politically incorrect material.  If you would Sam, could you dig in your archives (bottom of your filing cabinet) and print me off a copy?  Please?  And, I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but the one article (issue) of the militarization of the police depts!  Thanks Sam.  So anyway Sam, write up was written as "Inciting".  As you know, these rental cops here @  [prison name omitted] are butt [illegible word] because of the lay offs and the real police are pissed off @ the guards for their lies (propaganda) of "we walk the toughest beat in [state name omitted] line of crap.  Long story short Sam, my inciting write up is all because (as they believe) I'm making guys aware of just what to expect when they parole.  It's funny.  Okay Sam, I thank you for your stuff.  And I appreciate your articles.  Keep up the great work Sam.
—a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI reprinted the pictures below.  I don't recognize the article in which you're interested.  If you can give me some more specific information about it then maybe I can find it.
—editor
Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm sorry but on second thoughts I don't want to get involved in this secret matter any more.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePlease stop sending messages to me [via email] about surveillance and censorship and attempts how to escape from it....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI don't want get observed by secret agencies.
—name withheld
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAt least he's taking it seriously.
—editor

Nuremberg
Nuremberg, Germany, September, 1937
Original Source Unknown
Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California, August, 2000
Original Source Unknown

Weed Killer
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI developed this method of killing weeds while I was living at Mere Keep.  Heat a tea pot full of water until the water is boiling vigorously.  A pan will work but it's easier to pour the water out of a tea pot.  Take the tea pot of boiling water out into the yard and pour the water onto the weeds that you want to kill.  Be quick.  The hotter the water is, the better it will work.  The boiling water will kill the weeds.  You should be careful to avoid pouring it onto plants that you want to keep.  Don't pour it on your pets, your kids, or your feet.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI suppose that people will call this a green method.  Whatever it's called, it has some advantages.  It's effective.  Water isn't a controlled substance, so you don't need permission to have it.  When the water cools, it isn't a poison.  Instead, it's beneficial to the surrounding plants.  After it cools, it won't harm pets or children.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe herbicide suppliers will hate this method because they can't sell it to you.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
October 2011 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 3

Frontiersman 
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507 

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives.
—John Lyle
in If this Goes On-, by Robert A. Heinlein
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  my mother;  and Dewey and Betty.
— editor
Rules of the Workplace
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by David, of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
When the bosses talk about improving productivity, they're never talking about themselves.
There will always be beer cans rolling on the floor of your car when the boss asks for a ride home from the office.
A person can do any amount of work provided that it isn't the work that he's supposed to be doing.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Interesting Facts
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Steve, of Mililani, Hawaii.  I didn't try to verify any of them.
The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
More money is printed every day for Monopoly than for the US Treasury.
Men can read smaller print than women but women can hear and smell better than men.
The state with the highest percentage of people who walk to work is Alaska.
San Francisco cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.
Coca-Cola was originally green.
The cost of raising a medium-size dog to age eleven is $6,400.
Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubscriptions and Past Issues — Printed copies of this newsletter, either subscriptions or past issues, are available by application only.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, then return it unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use Frontiersman@manlymail.net.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor
Page 4  Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  October 2011

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue