15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, February 2012
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
First Contact
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn the January 2012 issue, I printed The Battle of the Internet.  On Sunday, January 8, 2012, at about 9:00 AM, I went into my Atomz search engine account to update the search index for The Frontiersman Website.  I often do that on the weekends.  The first thing that I noticed when I entered the account is that the search index had already been updated, a few hours earlier.  I didn't do it.  There wasn't any automatic update scheduled.  The technical support people at Atomz assured me, when I asked them, that they hadn't done it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy would somebody break into my search engine account and update the search index?  He didn't break into a website account and falsify my statements.  He didn't break into a PayPal account and steal my funds.  He broke into a search engine account and did something harmless, something that I do anyway.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHere's my theory.  Somebody, maybe in the enemy's camp, read The Battle of the Internet and sent me a message in reply.  He said, look what we can do.  We even know when you do it, so we can do it first, before you do, so you'll be sure to notice.  He said, if we can do this, imagine what else we can do.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageJust in case my theory's correct, I want him to know that I received his message, that I understood it, and that I'm aware of him.  So, in case my theory's correct, I sent him a reply.  It's a simple reply but I think that he received it and that he understood it.  My reply won't keep him out of my accounts but it's a reply in kind and it said what I wanted it to say.  In reply, I did something that I don't normally do, that I wouldn't otherwise have done.  I changed the account password.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Letters to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThese are letters to the editor for both January and February.
—editor
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Dear Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI wanted to tell how much I have enjoyed reading your monthly newsletter.  I find myself looking forward to it each month, as we seem to think alike.  I hope you have received the stamps I've sent you on a couple different occasions in the not too distant past.  I will continue to send them.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSir, I wonder if it's possible for you to send me a copy (or copies) of the newsletter(s) which talk about the real planes, with the passengers on them, that were "supposed to" have hit the bldgs in NYC & Pentagon, and the "real" planes that hit the bldgs.  Someone has told me that you may still have copies of those and perhaps one/some that explain theories of what really happened to those passengers.  Where did they disappear to.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAlso, if possible, it would be cool to have a copy of the newsletter that talks about how a missile is what really hit the Pentagon and not a plane.  Hence — the missing parts of the plane.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAgain, all this is only if it is at all possible.  I thoroughly enjoy reading your words each and every month.  Thanks for including me.
—a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHi Sam — I enjoy your newsletters, but sometimes disagree with you.  For instance, you believe it is wrong to arrest people for driving when the alcohol content of their blood exceeds legal limits.  I believe this is a good law.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy belief is supported by a recent article I read in the San Jose Mercury News (12/14/2011).  The headline reads "New Low in DUI fatalities — Officials credit drop to more checkpoints — harsher punishments."  Because there were fewer deaths, the article implies that over 150 lives were spared.  The article goes on to discuss the hundreds of innocent children whose lives have been taken in recent years by drunk drivers.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDon't you suspect that at least one of those saved lives was that of an innocent person (e.g., child)?  Shouldn't laws exist to save lives?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am looking forward to your response.  Thanks, and keep up the great writing!
—Tom, of Redwood City, California
Arrow

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use Frontiersman@manlymail.net.
February 2012 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 1

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou and I have each made different assumptions.  You assume that safety is more important than liberty.  I assume that liberty is more important than safety.  Different assumptions lead to different conclusions.  Given your assumption, you've arrived at the logical conclusion.  In my opinion, you've made the wrong assumption.  First, the cops murder more than 150 people each year, just by being thugs.  Deprive them of some of their police state powers by ending the various prohibitions and you might save more lives than were allegedly saved by the prohibitions' existence.  Regarding the drunk driving prohibition, while it shares with other prohibitions the claim of a worthy cause, it actually does more harm than good.  You see 150 lives allegedly saved.  I see  313 million people certainly deprived of the rights to be presumed innocent, to travel freely, to withhold information that might be used against them, and so forth.  Hundreds of thousands of Americans have fought in foreign wars to preserve such liberty.  In my opinion, the alleged preservation of 150 lives is a sorry compensation for the loss of liberty that was secured by the efforts and the sacrifices of so many Americans.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRegarding the reported numbers, I suggest that you review How Mad is MADD?  It's Insane!, on page 1 of the February 1997 issue.  You'll notice that the reported numbers can lead to different conclusions, depending upon how you understand the numbers.  I hope that you don't believe every analysis that you read in the Mercury News.  The news media in this country are licensed by the government.  The power to license is the power to control.  It's likely that the newspapers will present whatever analysis of the numbers is most favorable to the government.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTruth and wisdom are found as often in fiction as in fact and are sometimes easier to understand in fiction.  I suggest that you read Orwell's 1984 to see a good fictional example of how disinformation works.  Watch for Winston Smith's description of how the Ministry of Truth reported yet another spectacular increase in boot production when it wasn't clear that any boots were being produced at all.
—editor
Hi Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA couple of your articles this past year were in my opinion especially well done.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThank you,
—Steve, of Mililani, Hawaii
Greetings Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am writing to you to thank you for letting me know that all things I put in the mail don't necessarily make it to their destination.  In your case, it's stamps.  Besides the occasional book of stamps from [identity withheld] I receive no support from anyone.  Hustling photos, making art projects, and the occasional [withheld] repair is how I make my money.  In some cases I accept food/candy as payment, as I have a weakness for [brand name withheld] candy bars.  But the other 95% of the time the only payment I'll take is stamps.  The last couple of years I have averaged about [quantity withheld] per year.  Not bad when you consider that I started out with ten (10) [brand withheld].
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOnce, [identity withheld] sent me $100 for Christmas.  That was several years ago.  Since I owe restitution to the victims of my crime, 55% of the monies sent to me is taken and I get the remaining 45%.  The interesting part is, I know the "victims" are not getting paid back.  So, where does the money go?  My assumption is that, since I'm incarcerated in the [state name withheld], that restitution is lining "someone's" pocket.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI know the victims are not being compensated because [identity that was previously withheld] is one of the (2) two victims of my crime.  [Identity withheld] and I have long since reconciled and [identity withheld] knows I will be forever in [identity withheld] debt, back ten-fold.  No prob!  This is [identity withheld], after all.  But, [identity withheld] reports nothing, by way of compensation.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo, back to the original question.  What happened to that $55?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNow, I deal in stamps.  When I get them, I get all of them.  The system does not rape me for 55% of my stamps ... ... yet.  For the past few years I buy all my coffee, extra food, magazines, religious oils, shoes, etc. with stamps.  You'd be amazed how many vendors there are, out there, who accept stamps as payment.  Heck, you accept them as donation.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOf course, now I discover that not all the stamps I send out make it to whom they're intended.  (I've sent you stamps on several occasions).  This has driven me to do a little "investigation" of my own.  Since I heard back from you (thank you for the literature you sent) I have written to, or called, several people who I have sent stamps to.  Currently, in the last
Arrow

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
Page 2 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  February 2012

12 months, there are (17) seventeen unaccounted for (missing) books of stamps.  Those are just the ones I am missing.  Also, in my investigation I have come across several others in the same situation.  This is just in the last (12) twelve months.  All of those live in different buildings, same yard, same prison.  Therefore, and I'm guessing, after the mail is put into my building's mailbox, it's read and sent somewhere else, and then on to the post office.  God knows how many pairs of eyes read it before it leaves this institution, but one of those pairs has sticky fingers.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe "investigation" continues, but now it's at class action level.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSam, I wanted to thank you for opening my eyes to this problem.  Apparently I was being bent over and raped and didn't even know it.  Others did but they all thought they were the only ones.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm really not sure it's a good idea to include a donation, in the usual way, with this letter — for obvious reasons.  But, I assure you you will receive something from me.  Maybe not until all this is resolved, but you will!  I know this does you no good, right now, but please bear with me.  You have done nothing but good toward me and I consider you a friend.
—a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's  gratifying that those of my subscribers who have so little to give, the subscribers who are in prison, still try so hard to give it.  Human decency, it seems, sometimes thrives on adversity.
—editor
Dear Sam:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnother excellent newsletter [January 2012].  I assume that you are aware that Obama signed the NDAA.  When he did it, he made some placatory statements as to how he would never order the military to arrest people according to the new provisions.  Actually, he doesn't have to do so, because the military has ALREADY been doing so, for at least two years, as reported in an article in the Wall Street Journal last week.  Sam, I don't know if you're right about the 9/11 conspiracy [Unnamed Agency], but at this point, it doesn't matter.  With the signing of this law, the government is openly and shamelessly announcing it's authoritarian nature.  There is no clear criteria as to who might be designated a terrorist, no clear criteria as to what assisting terrorism consists of, and no way of disproving an accusation, because there is explicitly no provision for a public trial.  The pot that has been slowly heating for a long time is now boiling, and it remains to be seen if any frogs will jump out.
—Sir Donald the Elusive
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNDAA is the National Defense Authorization Act.  It codifies the President's authority to use the U.S. Army to indefinitely detain terrorism suspects without trial.  In effect, it has converted the U.S. Army into an internal, secret police force with the authority to make people disappear.  With regard to the idea that the army might make people disappear, see my article Gone But Not Forgotten, on pages 2 and 3 of the December 2011 issue.
—editor
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagegestapo .... a secret-police organization employing underhanded and terrorist methods against persons suspected of disloyalty
Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
Eleventh Edition, 2011
Regarding the Enabling Act — March 1933
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe government will make use of these powers only insofar as they are essential for carrying out vitally necessary measures...  The number of cases in which an internal necessity exists for having recourse to such a law is in itself a limited one.
Regarding the NDAA — December 2011
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI want to clarify that my Administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens....  My Administration will interpret section 1021 in a manner that ensures that any detention it authorizes complies with the Constitution, the laws of war, and all other applicable law.
15x5 Page Background GIF Imageconcentration camp .... a camp where persons (as prisoners of war, political prisoners, or refuges) are detained or confined
Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
Eleventh Edition, 2011
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou know, this may be the first time in history there's no escape.  Jews in Europe, if they were lucky and they had somebody helpin' them, could escape to South America, England, Switzerland, America, even Palestine.  Central Americans, Mexicans, boat people from Vietnam, an' Cambodia, Haiti, legally or not, there was always someplace to go.  There was always some place of hope, even when it wasn't the U.S., that they could go to.  And it was, in part, because of America.  The idea.  Now, there are no more safe places.  In a funny way, it's become one world....
—Clayton Kullen
in the miniseries Amerika

February 2012 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 3

Frontiersman 
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507 

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf your life isn't an adventure, then you're not doing it right. 15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  my mother;  Dewey and Betty;  Eric, of Ione, California;  Robert, of Ione, California;  and F.L., of Repressa, California.
— editor
From the Philosophy of George Carlin
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Lady Jan the Voluptuous.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
If man evolved from monkeys and apes, then why do we still have monkeys and apes?
The main reason that Santa Claus is so jolly is because he knows where all of the bad girls live.
I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?"  She said that if she told me, then it would defeat the purpose of the section.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Strange Legislation
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Steve, of Mililani, Hawaii.  I didn't try to verify any of them.  Actually, I'm skeptical but at least they're funny.
In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals but he is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination.  Instead, he must see only their reflection in a mirror.
There are men in Guam whose full time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time.  The reason?  Under Guam legislation, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry.
In Cali, Colombia, a woman may have sex only with her husband and, the first time it happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act.
In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it's illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter both at the same time.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubscriptions and Past Issues — Printed copies of this newsletter, either subscriptions or past issues, are available by application only.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, then return it unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use Frontiersman@manlymail.net.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor
Page 4  Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  February 2012

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue