PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, April 2014
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
The Other Side of the Wall
Sticky, of San Diego, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am fully aware of how much I should worry about myself and not so much of what others are going through, but many of my peers, prison yard or not, have become my friends and their problems matter to me.  I see them on a daily basis and hear their stories.  Many, like myself, have a release date, but some don't and should.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePeople in the free world think they know about prison and what goes on in the system.  In reality, though, they don't know shit.  Until a person comes to this side of the wall and lives this life for a chunk of time he will never fully know how in-the-dark he really is.  People hear the reports about this law or that one, including the selected stories newsworthy enough to make it onto the airwaves, usually involving escapes, riots, or other violence.  What are hidden from them are the truths having to do with corruption and injustice on this side of the wall.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn the seven years that I have served during this term, I have met thousands of individuals in the same predicament.  Every story is a little different and most have their own reasons as to why they're 'innocent'.  I have heard professions of outright denial from those claiming how they were framed to stories of corrupt cops planting false evidence.  Most of these guys are terrible liars.  Some take responsibility for their crime(s), even though we know the sentence was too severe.  A few are guilty and have served their debt to society, but continue to be persecuted.  About one in a thousand are truly innocent and when I've heard their stories, I know it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA few years ago I came to know a man who became incarcerated in 1972.  I remember the date because it was the day before my sister's birthday.  His home was being robbed and he readied his gun in an effort to protect his wife and infant daughter.  The intruder advanced on him with a weapon of his own forcing my friend to shoot, twice.  The burglar later died on the front lawn.  I read the court transcripts and know the story to be the truth.  He was convicted of 2nd degree murder and sentenced 6 years to life, even though the person was shot inside the house.  When I met him he'd served his time almost seven times over and had been in front of the parole board (13) times, denied every time.  His last visit was a year ago where he was told to return in six years, the original length of his sentence. Their reason:  he was 'not ready', yet his entire incarceration was disciplinary free.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis is only one example I have heard of the hundreds just like it.  The most recent, a few days ago, a man who'd served (31) years, on a 25 to life, and told to return in (7) years.  I feel badly for the victims of our justice system.  These men have served their time and California has zero intention of letting them out.  We all represent revenue, plain and simple.  Release means less dollars.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI, myself, will be released.  I have no false hopes or pipe dreams of (3) judge panels miraculously changing prison population laws and letting inmates out early.  Nope, they will hold us all as long as possible and people are fools if they believe otherwise.  But, when the day comes, I vow not to forget about those within the system, my friends, who will never get out.  I know what they're going through.  Too many inhabitants of the free world forget about the incarcerated masses and, all the while, the bullshit will continue.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
A Terrorism Warning
This is an excerpt from On Sovereignty and the Status of so-called ‘Courts’ and ‘Government’ today!, by Judge Dale, retired.  The article appeared in The American's Bulletin, Sept/Oct 2013.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOur federal government has instructed our federal, state and local police agencies that everyone who purports to be a SOVEREIGN should be TREATED as a TERRORIST!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThey have also brainwashed the American public into believing that being a SOVEREIGN is anti-American and unpatriotic!  Perhaps this is:  "The POT calling the KETTLE black?"10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

April 2014 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

Letters to the Editor
Dear Sam:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI like this edition of the newsletter [March 2014].  Did you know that in one of the Southwestern states, they've proposed a so-called "religious freedom" act that would give people the right to discriminate against various groups, if discrimination was called for by their religion?  By the time you get this, it may have passed the state legislature.  Actually, if the bill of rights had not been infringed on by anti-discrimination legislation in the 60's, nothing like this would be needed, because among our rights is freedom of association.  You can bet that the courts in that state are going to interpret that law in a way that pleases the religious majority.  Moslems, Jews, and Buddhists may get the short end of the stick.  Also, have you heard that random checkpoints are being set up to gather data about drivers' drinking and drug use habits?  The drivers are stopped, and then "requested" to give DNA samples, as well as being pressured to answer a lengthy questionnaire about their personal habits, while in the presence of armed police officers.  This was reported in the San Jose Mercury, so I trust that it is true.  We used to believe that we were so superior to Russia.... 
—Sir Donald the Elusive
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSuch legislation as the religious freedom act that you mentioned might give privileges, but not rights.  Regarding bigotry, I suggest my article A Worse Bigotry, March 2000, page 2.  Also, I'm skeptical of the trendy little "anti-hate" advertisements that I keep seeing.  I suspect a thinly veiled agenda to promote the acceptance of "hate crime" legislation.  The results of such legislation are more hateful than the bigotry that its advocates pretend to oppose.
—editor
Hi Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn my opinion the March "Frontiersman" was your best ever.  Just today I had a conversation with a friend covering some similar points to those in your "Never yet been plumbed" article.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI agree with your points in your "Savior Breath, Savior Selves" piece, but I have to wonder if the advocates of legalization of polygamous, homosexual, and any other non-standard types of "marriages" are actually more interested in gaining government sponsored benefits like the tax advantages of marriage rather than their advertised moral assertions.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Stray Thoughts," "Some thoughts about Prohibition," and "Null Victory" were very creative presentations of some wise ideals.  Your "Amusing Thoughts and Advice," "Show Him Your Badge," "Observations," and "When You Least Expect It" were truly amusing and in some cases wise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI plan to save this issue, and would like to pass parts of it along to others, but don't know how without retyping.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThanks again,
—Steve, of Mililani, Hawaii
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThank you for your message.  I'm always happy to hear that somebody saved an issue of the Frontiersman.  Of course, all past issues are available on the website.  Also, you can print the PDF file instead of retyping it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRegarding the legalization of non-standard "marriages", that's just a euphemism for regulation.  In general, I advocate decriminalization, not legalization.  That is, don't make something legal.  Just stop making it illegal.  Then, it moves completely outside of the purview of government.  Of course, my article wasn't intended to address polygamy.  It was intended to address the use of government, by Christians, to forcibly impose Christian beliefs onto people who don't agree with them.  Polygamy was merely a good example.  Regarding non-standard "marriages", I suggest my articles Wholly Matrimony?, May 1996, page 1, and Ignorance in Action, June 2000, page 1.
—editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGreetings Sam ... I hope you sent Fuzzy-Wuzzy to Modern Marvels....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGreat info in Ol Faithful.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn March, Never Yet ... Plumbed = this fanatic lunacy reminds me of the parole board & their criminal politics.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNull Victory = Right on target!  Might even wake up a few people.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageShow Him Your Badge = wish I could get a bunch of copies.  I'd carry a few always & hand them out every X a guard abuses me severely w/ his badge.  (That means on average here of about 4 per day I'd need to have.  A deep well.)
—a prisoner
Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe preservation of liberty requires more than just the good guys protecting liberty from being destroyed by the bad guys.  It also requires that the ordinary guys protect liberty from being destroyed by the good guys.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Page 2 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 April 2014

Mr. Clint
Fiction by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThey're good kids, mostly.  They're noisy and boisterous, but that's O.K.  They're young, healthy, and going home after a day at the Morgan Jr. High School.  Some of the boys throw paper at the girls, the girls pretend to ignore the boys, or maybe flirt a little.  The kids don't cause any serious problems.  It's a small town and we all know each other.  Most of these kids have been here all their lives.  Hell, their parents grew up here, most of 'em.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI drive the bus up Main Street and turn left on Tilly.  Watching the mirror with half an eye, I see Johnny sneak up the isle and drop a lump of ice down the back of Sally's blouse.  How'd he get this far with a lump of ice?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSally squeals, Beth and Sandra help her extract the ice, which is mostly gone by the time they manage it.  Sally promises eternal vengeance and I speculate upon the nature of that vengeance.  Next year, the two will enter high school.  Maybe they'll end up married and then Sally will have her chance.  I've been driving the bus for more than 25 years and I remember a similar promise from Sally's mother, not so long ago, not really.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAs we zigzag through my end of town, the kids get off by ones and twos.  By the time we approach Maple and Porter the bus is about half empty.  Slowly, a hush comes over my kids.  They become quiet and look ahead, wondering;  and there he is again, as always.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI roll up to the stop and Mr. Clint is waiting eagerly, tail wagging, tongue lolling from the run up the hill when he heard the bus coming.  The first time, I just drove by.  That day he chased the bus barking frantically and I decided not to do that anymore.  Today, like every day since then, I stop and open the door.  Mr. Clint barks a quick, sharp bark and stands eagerly, tail wagging, ears up.  Nothing happens.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMr. Clint whines and looks at me.  What can I say?  Suddenly, he leaps into the bus and nervously inspects each seat.  The kids are quiet, waiting as the ritual is performed.  Just like a hundred times before, Mr. Clint gets to the back of the bus without finding Tommy and Jimmy.  Puzzled and concerned, he trots up the isle, whining, and jumps off of the bus.  He runs around the bus once, searching.  When he gets back to the door, he sits on the sidewalk and looks up at me, cocking his head over sideways.  What can I do?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI close the door and drive away.  The kids don't usually have much to say, for a while.  Most days, they ride quietly until we get up the hill on Maple, through the tunnel of trees that gives the street its name, and pause at the stop sign beside the First Baptist Church.  There, we turn back onto Main Street.  After we pass the church and the cemetery, the kids can get rowdy again, pretend to forget.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've lived in this little town all of my life.  I've seen a lot of kids grow up here.  Things aren't always perfect but it's a good little town and we're good people.  Sometimes, though, things happen that are hard for an old man like me to understand.  It's hard for these kids, too, and I guess it's hard for Mr. Clint.  He was a companion for Tommy and Jimmy from the time that they were babies.  It isn't easy even for me.  Why should anybody expect a dog to understand why the boys don't come home on the bus anymore?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
A White Man's Notes
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe older a woman gets, the more things she doesn't remember doing, that she actually did.  The older a man gets, the more things he remembers doing, that he never did.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt isn't possible to legislate an "age of consent" any more than it's possible to legislate the value of Pi.  If a young woman is old enough to be capable, interested, and attractive to men, then she's reached her age of consent, regardless of any silly legislation to the contrary.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf sexual aggression by men is going to be a crime, then sexual enticement by women should also be a crime.  After all, it was the women, not the men, who demanded sexual equality.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf a woman gets to decide unilaterally that she's being sexually harassed, regardless of the man's intentions, then a man should get to decide unilaterally that he's being sexually provoked, regardless of the woman's intentions.  After all, it was the women, not the men, who demanded sexual equality.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf a man is expected to be a good man, according to a woman's definition, then a woman can be expected to be a good woman, according to a man's definition.  After all, it was the women, not the men, who demanded sexual equality.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageMale Symbol

April 2014 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageVirtue is right conduct in the face of temptation.  If there is no temptation, there can be no virtue.
—from Glory Road
by Robert A. Heinlein
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  my mother;  and Dewey and Betty.
— editor
Observations
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by SantaClara Bob.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTo succeed in politics, it's often necessary to rise above your principles.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe problem with the gene pool is that there isn't a lifeguard.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMonday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an approaching train.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
And Then the Fight Started
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Sir Donald the Elusive.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAfter retiring, I went to the Social Security office to apply for Social Security.  The woman behind the counter asked me for my driver's license to verify my age.  I checked in my pockets and realized that I'd left my wallet at home.  I told the woman that I was very sorry but I would have to go home and come back later.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe woman said, "Unbutton your shirt".
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo I opened my shirt, revealing my curly silver hair.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageShe said, "That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me".  She processed my Social Security application.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen I got home, I told my wife about my experience at the Social Security office.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageShe said, "You should have dropped your pants.  You might have been able to get Disability, too".10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubscriptions and Past Issues — All past issues of this newsletter are available at http://frontiersman.org.uk/.  Printed copies are available by application only.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, then return it unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.org.uk.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4  Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 April 2014

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue