PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Insert
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, February 2016
A Good Beginning
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePrefatory Note:  A few times in this article, for the sake of brevity, I've used the word law in its common, although incorrect, sense as being synonymous with the word legislation.  For clarification of the correct usage, see Law vs. Legislation, on page 3.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn spite of persuasive testimony, documentation, and archeological evidence at the sites of some of the Nazi internment camps, there are still people who believe that the Nazi Holocaust didn't happen.  Of course, witnesses can be unreliable, archeologists can be wrong, and governments will rewrite history, and defame defeated enemies.  So, the skepticism of the doubters is probably excusable.  I'm not among the doubters.  I believe that the Nazi Holocaust actually happened.  I believe it partly because of the evidence and partly because of the testimony but mostly because governments do those kinds of things.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAccording to the documentary series WWII in HD, about 14 million people died in the Nazi concentration camps.  The Jews claim that 6 million Jews died in those camps.  They make the claim in such a way as to give the impression that the Jews were the only such victims.  However, 6 million is less than half of the total number, as reported in WWII in HD.  According to the Wikipedia article Extermination camp, Jews accounted for 90% of the total number of people who died in the Nazi extermination camps.  It seems that there might be some confusion about the numbers.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageScientists can be wrong, witnesses can be unreliable, and governments are deceitful, but the people confuse themselves.  In this particular case, the number of deaths reported in WWII in HD is for concentration camps.  The number reported in Wikipedia is for extermination camps.  People will fail to notice such distinctions.  A concentration camp is a facility in which people are confined, usually without trials, possibly under harsh conditions, and probably as a result of being members of some particular group.  An extermination camp is, generally, a death camp.  As used in the Wikipedia article, the word designated a Nazi facility primarily intended for the execution of Jews.  Thus, the numbers might vary, depending on how things are defined.  So, how many Jews really died during the Nazi Holocaust?  Maybe it's just a matter of opinion.  Maybe the estimate is being influenced by somebody's agenda.  Maybe it depends on whose agenda is being promoted.  Maybe we'll never know.
Page 1 Box15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAs I understand their history, the Jews, or their ancestors of whatever name, have always claimed to have been hated, enslaved, or persecuted in one way or another, no matter where they went.  I don't know why they would have been so uniquely selected for such widespread and historically persistent prejudice.  Maybe they weren't.  Maybe they were just one group of victims among many, but were better at telling the tale.  I don't know.  Whatever might be the truth of their past claims, it does seem to me to be a little self-serving of them, regarding the Nazi Holocaust, to claim so much of the available sympathy, or to appear to do so, when there might be an even larger group of similar victims of the Nazis, who appear to have been overlooked.  The situation sort of bothers me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm also bothered by the Nuremberg Trials, which marked a drastic turning point between classical and contemporary international law.  See International Law and the Siren Song, on page 1 of the July 2002 issue.  International law has long recognized the sovereignty of nations regarding their own internal affairs.  In connection with the Nuremberg Trials, various instruments and charters were enacted, and such ideas as crimes against humanity, war crimes, ethnic cleansing, and genocide were used to justify the creation of a unilaterally imposed international judiciary with a jurisdiction over things that happened before it even existed.  The behavior of the Nazis was atrocious, but it wasn't illegal when and where it
Arrow

January 2018 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

occurred.  According to classical international law, even if it had been illegal, it would still have been outside of the jurisdiction of any courts other than the then existing courts of the nations in which it occurred.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNot only did the Nuremberg Trials violate the classical doctrine of national sovereignty, they didn't even judge legality.  They judged morality.  That's additionally troubling, because the judgment of morality isn't a proper function of either a secular civilian court or a military tribunal.  It might legitimately enter into a legislative debate, but it should be avoided in a judicial process.  When morality becomes the judicial standard, then the judiciary is at risk of being usurped by religion.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo, a trumped-up, allegedly secular, ex post facto, unilaterally imposed, international jurisdiction was created to address the grievances of one particular ethnic/religious group, the Jews.  I can't help but wonder.  Were they merely seeking a redress of grievances, or was there more to it than that?  Before the 9/11 attacks, after which I mostly stopped watching the U.S. network news, I noticed the similarity of modern Israeli forces to the Nazis, of World War II.  They wore similar garb, carried similar gear, and behaved similarly.  They kicked down doors, ran around firing their weapons, shot missiles into civilian villages in southern Lebanon, and bulldozed the homes of the families of suspected Palestinian terrorists — not the homes of terrorists, but the homes of the families of suspected terrorists.  They killed Rachel Corrie with a bulldozer, while she was trying to prevent just such an atrocity.  I'm not aware of any member of the Israeli forces who was ever brought before a military war crimes tribunal, a criminal court, or even a Rabbi, to answer for the murder of Rachel Corrie.  Back then, the Israelis were behaving a lot like nazis (the lower case n is intended).  Extrapolating from the previous news (I don't watch the news much nowadays), I'd say that, probably, they still are.  If it walks like a Nazi, quacks like a Nazi, and shoots like a Nazi, then maybe it's a nazi.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm not among the Nazi hunters.  What the Nazis did was atrocious, but it wasn't illegal at the times and in the places where they did it.  Maybe it was proper to punish them, but not by transforming classical international law into a travesty of its previous self, and paving the way for world domination by whoever can gain control of the international judiciary.  Furthermore, the people who wanted to punish the Nazis failed to acknowledged that there were guilty parties on both sides of that war.  The Allies used bombs intended to destroy dams, releasing reservoirs of water onto civilians.  They carpet-bombed civilian cities, regardless of civilian casualties, and were party to various other wartime horrors.  Even so, the prosecutions were politically selective.  Neither Churchill, Truman, Stalin, nor any of their underlings, were ever brought before a war crimes tribunal.  That the Allied authorities regarded their actions as necessary is irrelevant.  They were still responsible for atrocities.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe horror and brutality of World War II was typical of such things.  Governments throughout all of human history have behaved similarly.  The U.S. government isn't an exception.  Hitler admired the way that the U.S. government treated the Indians.  In 1928, he praised the Americans because they had, in his words, "gunned down the millions of Redskins to a few hundred thousand, and now keep the modest remnant under observation in a cage".  Massacres and reservations, usually a euphemism for Indian concentration camps, were common ways of dealing with the Indians.  In recent decades, the U.S. government has committed atrocities in, at least, Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yugoslavia, El Salvador, Panama, Columbia, and Guatemala.  Domestically, it has behaved atrociously in various places, such as Ruby Ridge and the Mt. Carmel Center.  Covert U.S. government forces conducted the 9/11 attacks, creating excuses for additional repressive legislation, and additional wars.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn his article Evil, In Thy Service, on page 2 of the December 2017 issue, Robert H. Outman noted that people in herds are more prone to evil behavior than are people alone.  I suggest that evil behavior is more likely, and will be more severe, in a bigger herd.  Governments are big herds.  Once people band together into governments, Nazis, Jews, Americans, or anything else, their behavior can become equally evil.  In The Dispossessed, Ursula K. LeGuin commented that, while only society can provide stability, only the individual has the power of moral choice.  I don't know how to eliminate the evil that's inherent in governments.  The best thing that I can suggest is that individuals need to educate themselves about the principles of liberty, and about the doctrines of social contract and personal sovereignty.  I've written various essays on those topics.  They're available in Pharos, under the heading Liberty, Sovereignty, and the Doctrine of Social Contract Anybody who's read this article has made a good beginning.  The next step is to study the essays.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Page 2  Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 January 2018

Letter to the Editor
Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI normally read the "Frontiersman" with pleasure.  But in your Dec. 2017 issue,  your insert, "Bill of non-rights" by Rep. Mitchell Kaye is a total crock of nonsense.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn Article VI, it says if a person kidnaps someone, to expect to fry in an electric chair, etc.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm in prison for kidnap, do I deserve the electric chair?  In California, if you kidnap for the purpose of rape, murder, ransom, robbery or a person under the age of 14, it carries a sentence of 15 years, and can include "life with" or "life without parole" attached to it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy conviction contained none of that.  I was driving a friend's car who asked me to pull over, no violence was involved, I pulled over within 2 blocks, we switched sides, the next day the friend was caught with drugs and to get themselves out of trouble, they cooperated with police in my conviction.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image25 years ago in 1991, I was convicted of robbery II degree.  I took a plea bargain.  I completed parole and remained law abiding, until 2015, August.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe police said that even though no egregious crime was committed, I committed a "kidnap" by legal definition by taking 2 blocks to pull over.  Even though there is no legal guide line to follow, the D.A. said 2 blocks constituted a "significant distance", and by which the "victim" was "asportated", (the legal definition of kidnap) now, my kidnap was so menial, it didn't qualify for the 15 years.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI was eligible for 1 year in the county jail, had I not had the 1991 conviction.  Under the 3 strike laws, the kidnap qualified as a 2nd strike, so they gave me 5 years for the kidnap, doubled to 10 years because of the strike laws, and was given 5 more years for PC 667 (a), because the 1991 conviction was a serious felony, say, when isn't a felony serious?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo now I'm up to 15 ears, and since I was driving, I was given 2 years, doubled to 4 years for driving the 2 blocks without the owner's consent.  Basically I was given 4 years for stealing the car for 2 blocks, before the seat switch and because I said in court, "why are you trying to put me away for life," the D.A. said I was trying to "dissuade" the victim from testifying by making her feel sorry for me".  And was given more time.  A total of 20 years 4 months, to be served at 85%.  So I've got to do 17 years.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhere is my 8th Amendment protection from "double jeopardy"?  In short, the D.A., during an election year, turned a county jail/probation case into essentially a life sentence.  I was 48 at conviction, and will be released if I'm lucky in my 60's.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn reality, the Jim Crow laws are alive and well.  The 13th Amendment still allows slaves, in the form as convicts.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's a piss poor world when a person can invest their money on Wall Street in the incarceration and forced labor of poor men and women.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf you or anyone knows of an organization who can help me on a habeas appeal I'm sitting here in Salinas Valley State Prison.  Have a blessed day.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePS.  We need to stand up against prosecutors abusing legislation for career gain.  I'm a victim of crooked bureaucracy.
—a prisoner
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Law vs. Legislation
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe term law properly addresses things that are inherent or fundamental.  It addresses things that men observe or discover, such as the law of gravity or the law of supply and demand.  Laws operate of their own accord, whether or not any man is even aware of them.  They don't require enforcement by men.  Any violation of a law will result in a consequence, without the intervention of men.  The term legislation properly addresses the proclamations and declarations of men, usually intended to compel or to prohibit some specified behavior.  Legislation doesn't operate of its own accord.   The violation of legislation might not cause any consequence at all unless such violation is observed by men and such consequence is enforced by men. 
—from Milam's Dictionary of Distinctions,
Differences, and Other Odds and Ends
Bad Code, In Our Own Image
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis past December, I saw a TV commercial in which a little girl asked Alexa where Santa Claus was, at that particular moment.  Alexa promptly told her that Santa Claus was over Boston.  The implications are alarming.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf the scenario presented in the TV commercial is at all credible, then the unavoidable conclusion is that the programmers have taught Alexa how to tell a lie.  Necessarily, they will have also taught it how to distinguish between a lie and the truth.  Finally, they will have provided a set of criteria by which it can decide, for itself, whether or not to tell a lie.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNot only is the device a spy, potentially capable of listening to everything that's said in its vicinity, and sending all such information to a central database, it can also lie to us about its capabilities and its intentions.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
January 2018 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSeek justice from tyrannical governments not with your hat in your hands but with a rifle in your fist.
—Emiliano Zapata
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Betty;  Stephen, of Wahiawa, Hawaii;  Eric, of Ione, California;  and Sir Donald the Elusive.
— editor
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Blonde Jokes
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow do you measure a blonde's IQ?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCheck her ear pressure.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy did the blonde cross the road?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI don't know, and neither did she.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Alleged Fact About the 1500s
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.  I haven't tried to verify this claim.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLead cups were used to drink ale or whisky.  The combination would sometimes knock someone out for a couple of days.  A person walking along the road would take him for dead and prepare him for burial.  He would then be laid out on the kitchen table for a couple of days and the family would gather around and eat and drink and wait and see if he would wake up.  Hence the custom of holding a "wake".10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Questions
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHave you ever seen a toad on a toadstool?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf Barbie's so popular, then why do you have to buy all her friends? 10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvailability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  Funding for this newsletter is from sources over which I don't have any control, so it might become necessary for me to terminate these offers or to cancel one or more subscriptions at any time, without notice.  All past issues are presently available for free download at the internet address shown below.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby given to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.org.uk.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 January 2018

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue