PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Insert
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, November 2018
Invasive Fish, Evasive Facts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSome time ago, I watched a rerun of Animal Invaders, season 2, episode 7 of the documentary series Secrets of the Earth.  Later, I watched a rerun of Snake Head Fish, season 1, episode 1 of Natural Born Monsters.  Even though many documentaries are more for entertainment than for education, these presented some interesting information.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe documentaries reported variously on an invasive species of fish called the northern snakehead.  According to Secrets of the Earth, the species is destructively overpopulating the Chesapeake Bay.  Reportedly, the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, charged with solving the problem, is understaffed and poorly funded.  That agency, in conjunction with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, is reportedly trying to control the fish population, but with excessively limited resources, specifically, two small boats equipped with hand-held electric fish zappers and some hand-held nets.  Reportedly, the project participants troll around the channels and waterways, looking for snakehead fish.  When they find one, they stun it with a zapper and capture it with a net.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAccording to Natural Born Monsters, there are 35 species of snakehead fish.  During that documentary, the host and his Thai guide, investigating the fish in Thailand, caught a striped snakehead, cooked it over a campfire, and declared it to be a delicious fish.  The Thai guide remarked that such fish provide a lot of cheap or free food for Thai farmers.  He also commented that the population of snakehead fish in Thailand would probably be a serious problem, if it wasn't for the large number of them that are caught for food by the local people.  According to the guide, such fish are also available in most Thai restaurants.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMeanwhile, in Arkansas, in contrast to the sparse efforts reportedly being made in the Chesapeake Bay area, Operation Mongoose reportedly dumped 20,000 pounds of poison into 400 miles of waterways.  Eight agencies, several universities, and about 200 people participated, spending $750,000, trying to eliminate the northern snakehead fish in that region.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhoa!  Hold your seahorses!  There are commercial fishing interests all over the world that, according to the environmentalists, are capable of depleting the fish populations of entire oceans.  On the same planet, government agencies are trying to solve a fish overpopulation problem with two little boats, a few fish zappers, and some hand-held nets or, elsewhere, with thousands of pounds of poison.  Maybe the documentaries were inaccurate but, even so, I can't help but to wonder.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePeople in Thailand eat the fish with gusto.  People elsewhere in the world are starving.  I don't see why a large fish population should be regarded as a problem.  This looks to me like one of those times when two alleged problems could be used to solve each other.  Unrestricted private fishing might solve the problem in this country.  Failing that, a few carefully considered changes in the commercial fishing regulations might motivate those rapacious commercial fishing interests to do the job.  If the environmentalists are right about them, then they could do it without even breathing hard.  With a little enlightened resource management, they might even develop a new food source for a world in which people still suffer from hunger, or die of starvation.  It their reputations are being reported accurately, then that isn't likely but, even if they only exterminated the entire species, then they'd still have solved the immediate problem.  The problem of hunger and starvation might not be solvable.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIs this just another example of government stupidity, or is there something else at work?  Imagine the job security that's being generated by the invasive fish.  Maybe some of the project participants would be out of work, if the problem was actually solved.  Or, maybe the authorities are using the problem as another excuse to enact more regulations.  Maybe the fishing interests are scheming for a reduction in industry regulations.  Maybe the makers of the documentaries want to scare us all, and sell more documentaries.  Maybe there's some other faction, somewhere, that has an interest in perpetuating the problem.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI don't know all of the answers and maybe I'm being too cynical.  Maybe everybody involved is behaving selflessly, and with the best of intentions.  That doesn't seem likely to me but, admittedly, not all of the facts are in yet.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

April 2019 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

Letters to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHello Sam — I really enjoyed the March Frontiersman.  Please keep up the great work....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAlso, I take acceptance to your line "clergy extorts a living from the members of their congregations, by instilling fear and guilt" in the article "Society"  [March issue, page 1].
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFrom my 65 years of attending church (primarily Presbyterian and Bible Churches), I never felt the clergy instilling fear and guilt.  After attending a church service, I usually feel better about myself and gain a broader understanding of how to live a happy and fruitful life.  What churches have you attended where the clergy extorted a living by instilling fear and guilt?  I would expect such churches to have very limited attendance.   Thanks!
 —Tom, from Redwood City, California
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThank you for your message.  Here are some of my thoughts, for your consideration.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGuilt — From the beginning of religion, the members of the clergy have known that people will probably do certain things.  Knowing that, they've declared as many as possible of those things to be sins.  By that one stratagem, they created both sin and sinners, out of whole cloth, and provided a lot of opportunities for people to feel guilty.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFear — Having successfully created a lot of sinners who feel guilty, the members of the clergy then declared that the punishment for sin is eternal damnation.  They invented such fantastic and  ghastly ideas as Hell, and used them to terrify the gullible sinners that they'd created.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSalvation — Having terrified the sinners with the fear of eternal damnation, the members of the clergy then claimed to have an absolute monopoly on salvation.  They claimed that the only way that somebody can save himself from Hell is through the church, which is controlled by the members of the clergy.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageScam — The members of the clergy used the guilt and the fear that they'd instilled in the sinners that they'd created, and their alleged monopoly on salvation, to compel people into church, where they're manipulated into making donations.  The donations provide the members of the clergy with a cushy lifestyle.  It sure seems like a scam to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo, is it really a planned conspiracy, as I've suggested here?  Maybe not.  Maybe it's just the normal outgrowth of the interactions between control freaks and gullible people.  It doesn't really matter because the process works the same either way.  The members of the clergy lie about sin, guilt, punishment, and salvation.  The people believe the lies and provide financial support for the members of the clergy.  It seems to have been going on throughout all of human history.  Whether it's a planned conspiracy or not doesn't matter.  What matters is that we'd have to be nitwits to be taken in by such a scam, which was the point of my article.
—editor
Dear Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGreetings!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's been very wet here this past week and more on the way!  Amazing the amount of rainfall when "they" turn off the HAARP machine!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow's it all going on your side?  Has anyone "noticed" the violation of Atty/Client privilege?  By what right does Cohen have to talk about ANYTHING when he was "Trump's lawyer"???  Ah well, it will all come crashing down one day....
—E. E., a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHAARP stands for High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program.  I don't know why it isn't HFAARP, but it isn't.  I'm aware that, regarding HAARP, there are conspiracy theories and agency denials.  I'm a lot more inclined to believe the conspiracy theories than the denials.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'll also mention SDI, which stands for Strategic Defense Initiative.  In an editorial reply on page 2 of the January 1998 issue, I suggested that SDI was never cancelled but, instead, was covertly reconfigured.  I'm mentioning it here because of the possibility that the different technologies of HAARP and SDI might be complementary.  Maybe they're being used, even now, for unannounced purposes.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm not aware of the situation that you mentioned regarding Cohen and Trump.  I try to pay as little attention as possible to politicians.  Usually, they're a waste of my time if not actually an insult to my intelligence.
—editor
Hey Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've now served 19-years in prison for a crime that I did not commit, and I've now given up on God to get me out of this mess.   I've began praying to the space aliens to fly down here in their UFO flying saucer and rescue me from this hell, but I guess that they can't hear me?  So Sam, I was wondering if you would please pass along a message to the space aliens from me, and tell them that I'm begging that they beam me up!
—H. L., a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAfter I claimed NEAR Shoemaker, back in May of 2005, I went out into the back yard one night and tried to ask the aliens to retrieve it for me.  Sadly, nothing happened.  Maybe I don't have the ability to contact the aliens.  Maybe they weren't listening.  Maybe they didn't want to be bothered.  Maybe they don't exist.  I don't know.  However, I can tell you one thing for sure.  Standing out there in the woods that
Arrow

Page 2 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 April 2019

night, surrounded by those big, tall, silent trees, staring up at all of those stars, and trying to mentally contact the aliens, was a strange experience.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou've raised an interesting point.  I've never heard of a prisoner being abducted by aliens, which is strange.  I wouldn't expect prison walls to be much of a barrier for the aliens.  So, here's a suggestion.  Assuming that you believe in the aliens, and in alien abductions, then maybe you should try to get in touch with a multiple abductee.  You can ask him to make the request for you, during his next abduction.
—editor
Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAs usual, your Frontiersman is a good read.  The March 2019 issue gave me a few things to contemplate.
In letters to the editor, an Ione, Ca prisoner suggested a read, an "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand.  Have you read it or any of Rand's books?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn your response to my letter [March, page 3], you make a good point.  There would be no evidence of prior intelligent life.  Consider plastic, which have a life span of what, 450 years to which afterward it would break down to pieces so small it wouldn't be noticeable to the human eye.  Here's what got me thinking.  As part of the ALSEP's, (Apollo Lunar Surface Experiment Packages), astronauts attempted to drill into the craters on the Moon, and even though the Moon's surface is thought to be a 31 mile crust "olivini", they were barely able to scratch the surface, and they found "processed metals" like brass, mica and pure titanium.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNow, the only way to have metals like that is to "process" them, they aren't a product of nature.  Do you know anything about this?  Were they, the metals found, were they drill shavings, or fragments of a metal which had broken down and decayed, over time?  It sure seems that the Moon has to be a placed satellite.  Its presence keeps our planet perfect to within 1 degree of movement within one thousand years.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHere's a question.  How many moons does Venus have?  And how many moons does Mars have?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow interesting is that Zulu legend of the Earth being shrouded in a sheath of watery mist, until the Moon was put into place?  That story falls right in line with the Bible, which mentions it had never rained on the planet until Noah.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHere's another question, Edmond Halley, 1692, what were his views of a hollow Earth?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIs his hypothesis available on line?
15x5 Page Background GIF Image... I wish our government, and other governments around the world weren't such suppressors of information.  Think of all the questions that could be answered if only we weren't kept in the dark on so much.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'll write more later, Sam.  I can't wait to hear your final rant on religion.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYour friend
—S. H., a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI read Atlas Shrugged back in the late 1970's or early 1980's.   It provided a lot of thoughtful information about human endeavor but, in my opinion, it was way too long and wordy.  You'd need to be very persistent to get through it.  The same information could have been given in a much shorter book.  In my opinion, T. H. White did something equivalent but, I believe, he did it better, in The Once and Future King.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI get disgusted with scientists who claim that a lack of evidence disproves the previous existence of intelligent beings.  Any scientist who isn't a complete ninny ought to know that a lack of evidence doesn't prove or disprove anything.  A lack of evidence is inconclusive.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI don't know about the drilling operations on the Moon that you mentioned.  I do know that some people believe the Moon to be a hollow, artificially manufactured metal sphere.  Admittedly, there are some peculiar things about the Moon.  Of course, there are many other peculiar things in the universe.  Larry Niven commented that a red giant looks suspiciously like a Dyson sphere.  On the other hand, maybe a hollow metal sphere can occur naturally.  Who knows?  Is that really more unlikely than we are?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMars has two known moons.  Venus doesn't seem to have any moons at all.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere's a mention, in Wikipedia, of Halley's hollow Earth theory.  He suggested several concentric shells, with atmospheres between them.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRegarding religion, I doubt if I'm near to my final comments.  For now, I'll note that religion is a good example of man's inhumanity to man and that government is another such example.  Sadly, the separation of church and state has failed to produce a separation of religion and politics.
—editor
Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageForcing a bigot to behave like a civilized human being doesn't cause him to be a civilized human being.  It causes him to be a repressed bigot.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere isn't any justification for using a higher level of technology than is necessary in order to do whatever job is being done.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf a politician doesn't write his own speeches, then he's telling somebody else's lies instead of his own.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

April 2019 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHelping those who have been struck by unforeseeable misfortunes is fundamentally different from making dependency a way of life.
—Thomas Sowell
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  El Dorado Bob;  Betty;  and Eric, of Ione, California.
— editor
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Supposed Fact About 1500's England
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Steve, of Wahiawa, Hawaii.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMost people got married in June because they took their yearly baths in May and they still smelled pretty good by June.  Even so, they were starting to smell, so brides carried bouquets of flowers to hide their body odor.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Blonde Joke
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Tom, from Redwood City, California.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen the doctor told the blonde that she was pregnant, she requested a DNA test to make sure that she was actually the mother.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNowadays, of course, she actually might not be the biological mother.

—editor
Signs of Getting Old
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGoing braless pulls all the wrinkles out of your face.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYour wife says, "Let's go upstairs and make love" and you answer, "I can do one or the other but not both!"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA sexy woman catches your fancy and your pacemaker opens the nearest garage door.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go along.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvailability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  Funding for this newsletter is from sources over which I don't have any control, so it might become necessary for me to terminate these offers or to cancel one or more subscriptions at any time, without notice.  All past issues are presently available for free download at the internet address shown below.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby given to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  You can use editor@frontiersman.org.uk for PayPal payments.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 April 2019

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue