PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Insert
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, November 2018
Independence Day
Sam Aurelius Milam III
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSTATE....  A political body, or body politic;  the whole body of people united under one government, whatever may be the form of the government....  More usually the word signifies a political body governed by representatives....
—American Dictionary of the
English Language, Noah Webster, 1828
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDuring the Fourth of July celebration, there'll be a lot of hoopla about the "birth of the nation".  Except for this article, there won't be much acknowledgment of the fact that the nation wasn't "born" on the Fourth of July.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePrior to July of 1776, various of the English colonies in America terminated their political ties with England, and adopted constitutions.  That had the effect of converting them into politically independent states (nations).  State constitutions still exist today, vestiges of the previous national character of those states.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOn July 4, 1776, the new nations issued a joint declaration, called the Declaration of Independence.  In that declaration, the point was well made that the states were, in fact, politically independent nations, among the other nations of the world.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWe, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress, assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by the authority of the good people of these colonies, solemnly publish and declare, that these united colonies are, and of right ought to be free and independent states;  that they are absolved from all allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the state of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved;  and that as free and independent states, they have full power…to do all other acts and things which independent states may of right do….
—from the Declaration of Independence
<underline added>
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageEach new state was described as being politically independent, acknowledging for each of them the same status as Great Britain.  Thus, the declaration didn't announce the independence of a single nation.  It announced the independence of each state, as a separate nation.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAbout five years later, on March 1, 1781, those nations entered into a treaty called (its short title) the Articles of Confederation.  It wasn't a constitution, in that it didn't define a nation.  It was a treaty, an agreement between nations.  The United States of America, back then, was a league of nations, not a single nation.   As such, it had a certain resemblance to the United Nations, of today.  The Articles of Confederation might reasonably be compared to the UN Charter, as being a treaty between politically independent nations.  The Continental Congress might be viewed as similar in principle to the United Nations General Assembly.  With that in mind, and thinking in terms of learning from past mistakes, it's advisable to be cautious about revisions to the UN charter.  If the United Nations General Assembly was to authorize a convention like the Continental Congress did in February of 1787, then a one-world-constitution might be an unintended result, as the present U.S. constitution was an unintended result of the 1787 convention.  See In Search of the Supreme Flaw of the Land:  Perpetual Union, in Pharos.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBe that as it may, the Fourth of July doesn't mark the beginning of the present government.  The present government didn't begin until March 4, 1789, when the present U.S. constitution went into force.  It's ironic that the centralized, nationalistic, monolithic, U.S. government of today celebrates, on the Fourth of July, the creation of American states that were, in fact, politically independent nations.  When we celebrate the Fourth of July, that's what we celebrate, not the beginning of the present state, but the beginning of the several politically independent states that preceded it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAbout 70 years after the creation of the new constitution that was the unintended result of the 1787 convention, various southern states terminated their political ties with that single, centralized government.  They intended, as had the English colonies before them, to become politically independent.  The main difference between the secession of the southern states and the similar previous actions of the English colonies is that the English colonies won their war of secession, but the southern states lost theirs.  I suggest that secession should be tried again, peacefully this time, if possible.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageEither way, viva Independence Day!10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

July 2019 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

Air ConditionerRethinking Replacement
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen I was young, sometime during the late 1950's or early 1960's, Poppa told me a joke about an imagined feature of the latest Cadillac model.  He said that the ash tray in the dash board had a level sensor.  When the ash tray was full, he said, the level sensor would cause two things to happen.  A message would light up on the dash board saying "Sell Car", and a For Sale sign would pop up in the rear window.  Joke or not, it was an effective lesson about planned obsolescence.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA few years ago, my brother-in-law and I installed an air conditioner in my current place of residence.  Early this spring, as usual, I turned it on to test it for the upcoming cooling season.  This time, not as usual, it made a loud, nasal buzzing noise.  At that point, most people would have sent it to the dump and bought a new one.  Indeed, a family member who works on that kind of equipment commented that the machine was probably at the end of its useful life.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn Crazy Eddie Tech, in the August 2017 issue, I passed along a comment that was made to me by a refrigerator service technician.  He'd been receiving some training at one of the refrigerator manufacturers and had overheard a conversation at a staff meeting.  The engineers present at the meeting had claimed that they could design the company's refrigerators to last 60 years.  The manager in charge instructed them to go back to work and design the refrigerators to last seven years.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen my air conditioner made that noise, I turned it off and unplugged it.  I went outside, cut a hole in the side of the unit, and looked in.  The problem was obvious.  Most of its structure is made of aluminum.  The fan shroud, which exists in a wet environment, is made of cheap iron.  It had rotted and pieces of it were sticking into the fan.  I removed the rusted pieces and built a little screen to cover the hole.  That will keep the birds out.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe fan shroud was the "seven year lifetime" design feature, intended to manipulate people into unnecessarily buying new air conditioners.  I seem to have solved that problem.  Forced obsolescence can sometimes be resisted but you have to defy the manipulations of the marketing persuaders.  See Rethinking Television, on pages 2-4 of the June issue.  The air conditioner is presently working well.  It might keep working for a while yet.  I can hope.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn closing, here are some thoughts to ponder.  The more complicated a machine is, the more different ways there are for it to fail.  The simpler it is, the more likely it is that it can be repaired.  Unnecessary "features" don't necessarily make a machine better but they do make it more complicated.  In general, a machine should never be more complicated than is necessary to do the intended job.  When we select a machine, we should choose the simplest one that will satisfy our needs, and the brand that has had the fewest changes throughout its history.  In machines, as in most things, simplicity is a great virtue.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Letters to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's good to see you, every now and then, bring up the 9/11 story [June issue, The Difference, page 1].  It's weird how quickly and easily the government and media swept that all under the rug.  You are a conspiracy theorist and I'm glad for it, and I mean that in a good way.  To me, it means our government commits these heinous crimes against us, and a great many other conspiracies and then, like we are idiots, they feed us stories that are in no way based in reality or science.  So, people like me and you pose alternate theories, and we use common sense and cold, hard, verifiable facts to disprove the "gov-ment's" explanation and, like you said, we are called crackpots or treasonous.  Like you said, both sides are "conspiracy theorists".  The government theories are bullshit though, because they "piss" on your back and call you un-American when you don't agree that it's rain.  You and I have spoken at length about the 9/11 conspiracy, and there isn't even any doubt in my mind on if the entire thing was set up.  The real question is who and why.  Who?  We know our gov't played a part, but I'd like to know names and known associates.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNow, in regards to your article "The Thing" [June issue, page 1].  Wow.  What you suggest is 100% true.  I have never thought about it that way....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn your next article "Rethinking Television" [June issue, pages 2-4], you say ... you aren't being monitored.  How do you know?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen I was pre-diabetic, they gave me a
Arrow

Page 2 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 July 2019

glucose meter to test my blood sugar levels with.  I didn't know it, but the unit had wireless capabilities and the Dr. could see my results without my consent.  And that means it could be hacked too.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYour antenna is no longer a "passive device" when it requires you to run "channel set-up", it records and possibly keeps track of what you watch, and should it send that info wirelessly, the person could track your location by G.P.S. and know where to send junk mail.
—S. H., a prisoner
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA good starting point for a study of 9/11 is my essay Pentagon Anomalies.  It's available in The Sovereign's Library.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe channel setup procedure isn't required by my antenna.  It's required by my video machine, and required whether I use a cable or an antenna.    The antenna can't transmit a signal unless a transmitter sends it a signal to transmit.  Unless somebody snuck in, covertly tampered with my video machine, and reconfigured it as a transmitter, I'm confident that the antenna isn't sending out any detectable signal.
—editor
15x5 Page Background GIF Image... reason I am writing is to say great article on digital vs. analog TV broadcasting [Rethinking Television, June issue, pages 2-4]!!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've asked my pod-mate to have his friend...to log on to your "Frontiersman" website & ask you to email the 84 pg no-name agency, 911 photos & thermite paint article to him & he will copy it & send it into him here.  My copy got donated to the C-Yard Law Library 4 years ago!!  Anyway, I wanted my pod-mate to read it & a lot of other good/great articles on your website.
—E. E., a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe 9/11 articles  are in The Sovereign's Library.  They're downloadable, for free, as PDF files.
—editor
Survivors
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRadio Bikini is a documentary account of the nuclear weapons tests that were conducted at the Bikini Atoll, in 1946.  A copy of the documentary is presently available in The Sovereign's Library.  So far, I haven't received any copyright threats so maybe it'll remain there for a while.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've watched the documentary from time to time, over the years.  A while back, I noticed something in the documentary that I hadn't noticed before.  The first test, Operation Able, took place on July 1, 1946, about three months before I was born.  As part of the various preparations for that test, some animals were strapped into metal constraints on the decks of some of the target ships.  Very shortly after the blast, naval personnel were back at the scene, removing the animals, for study.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSome of the test animals were killed by the blast.  One video clip, at about 37 minutes into the documentary, showed a dead sheep being removed from its metal constraint.  Here's what I noticed.  On the dead sheep, there were live flies.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Lesson Learned
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDuring my long and checkered past, I had the opportunity to watch various women climb into bathtubs.  Climbing into bathtubs wasn't what you expected, was it?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnyway, I noticed an error that, in my experience, seems to be universal among women.  Each and every one of them filled the bathtub completely full, and then stepped in.  Thus, the water that the woman displaced was wasted.  It flowed out the overflow and down the drain.  Not a single one of the women that I observed ever noticed that she was wasting water.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSuch waste is easy to avoid.  A woman need only fill the bathtub partially such that, when she immerses herself, the level of the water will rise to the desired level.  She still has a full tub, although I've never known why that's important.  The difference is that she gets it without wasting water.  How can she know how full to fill it?  That's easy.  All that she needs to do is to note the level of the water when she steps out of the tub.  That's how full to fill it the next time.  A woman with a bad memory can mark that level with a permanent marker.  If she appends her name, then the next woman to come along will have a dandy excuse to give the man who owns the tub a hard time.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI never tried to explain any of this to any of the women that I observed.  Why not?  Are you crazy?  Surely you jest!  Try to tell a woman how to fill a bathtub?  As Poppa used to say, "Son, I might be stupid but I wasn't born yesterday!"10x5 Page Background GIF ImageMale Symbol

Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA better function of the TSA would be to offer weapons to unarmed passengers who are boarding airplanes.  The TSA could retrieve its weapons at the passengers' destinations.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageInsurance doesn't protect a person from loss.  It compensates him, after the loss.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf you need a permit before you can protest against something, then you're protesting against the wrong thing.  You should be protesting against the requirement of a permit.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

July 2019 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNo human condition endures forever, with the corollary that the more complicated such a condition, the greater its susceptibility to change.
—from The Last Castle
by Jack Vance
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  El Dorado Bob;  Betty;  and Eric, of Ione, California.
— editor
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

You Know You're Getting Older When....
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYour doctor doesn't give you x-rays anymore.  He just holds you up to the light.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou remember when the Dead Sea was only sick.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYour semi-annual erection becomes an annual semi-erection.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

He's a Hillbilly If....
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHis kids get lost in the kudzu.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHis front porch collapses and hits more than three dogs.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHis coffee table used to be a telephone cable spool.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHe keeps a can of Raid on the kitchen table.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHe's ever used a toilet seat as a picture frame.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHis home has more miles on it, and more wheels under it, than your car.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHis Christmas tree is still up in February.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHe's ever been arrested for loitering.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHe thinks that potted meat on a saltine is an hors d'oeuvre.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere's a stuffed possum anywhere in his house.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHe has a homemade fur coat.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvailability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  Funding for this newsletter is from sources over which I don't have any control, so it might become necessary for me to terminate these offers or to cancel one or more subscriptions at any time, without notice.  All past issues are presently available for free download at the internet address shown below.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby given to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  You can use editor@frontiersman.org.uk for PayPal payments.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 July 2019

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue