Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, November 2018
So Let It Be Written
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image While I was young, and starting to find my way in life, I discovered that some of my choices were being limited by the U.S. government, before I even had a chance to consider them.  Mandatory militarism was a good example.  If I didn’t join something, then I’d be drafted and sent to Vietnam.  The only escape was to seek refuge in Canada.  If I stayed in the United States and refused to cooperate, then I’d be punished.  I should have had the option of remaining in the United States and getting a job, without having militarism dictated by an oppressive police state.  That option didn’t exist.  I was limited in advance to only bad choices.  Thus, there wasn’t anything voluntary about my voluntary enlistment in the naval reserve.  It was the least obnoxious of my various obnoxious alternatives.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image While I was in the naval reserve, my main goal was to stay out of trouble until I was released from my condition of involuntary servitude.  My next goal was to waste as harmlessly as possible military resources that might otherwise have been spent on war.  After my release from bondage, and as my understanding of the nature of the U.S. government grew, I increasingly tried to avoid doing anything that would tend to either support it or to legitimize it.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image My experiences from the Vietnam era are a part of why I became such an enemy of the U.S. government.  To sustain me in my pursuit of its eventual demise, I have my memory of the past, my understanding of the present, my view of the future, and the strength of my convictions.  I’m not a formidable enemy but I am a persistent one.  I don’t intend to end my opposition to the U.S. government until either it’s gone, or I’m to old or to sick to keep trying.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image So let it be done.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Letter to the Editor
Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Hello just a few things to write about your May 2022 Frontiersman.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image In your “Letters to the Editor”, from Sir Donald the Elusive....  Huh?
15x5 Page Background GIF Image For starters, Critical Race Theory is a college course offered to post graduate students pursuing to become lawyers.  It isn’t being taught in schools. (American school kids).  Are far left liberals, and far right conservative groups injecting extremist propaganda into school books, sure they are, but both sides are guilty of it.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Then Donald the Elusive went on a rant about white Europeans enslaving blacks Africans and indigenous people of the Americas.  Shoot, he forgot all about the Chinese.  And what about all the Irish who were forced into indentured servitude?  My point....  every race in the world is guilty of owning slaves and as a general rule, each race has owned more of its own race than any other.  What do I mean?  Let us go back in time, where travel wasn’t done easily by the masses.  People lived in tribes.  Living with a leader, chief, or king, a tribe would raid a neighbor tribe, kill all the men, and the women were forced into service and sexual slavery.  And children were raised into servitude.  Hell, slavery was commonly accepted in the Bible.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image So whites aren’t guilty of anything that blacks and every other race aren’t guilty of too.  Reparations are full of shit.  Why make people today pay for something they didn’t do in the past.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image There will always be slavery in one form or another.  Man is warlike and always strives to prove he’s better than everyone else.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Shit, read the Constitution’s 13th amendment.  Slavery, corporate greed and their price gouging and underpaid employees, slavery.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image As for that Brad Meltzer episode on Fort Knox, I did catch that comment of people disappearing.  I immediately thought of your theory on “unknown agency”.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Anyway, keep yourself healthy and grounded above the grass line.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image By for now.
—S. H., a prisoner
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. constitution provides that U.S. citizens are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.  The dictionaries inform us that jurisdiction means power and control.  The legislatures, the cops, the courts, and the prisons guarantee that a U.S. citizen who refuses to submit to the power and control of the United States will be punished.  So, U.S. citizens have only two choices.  They can either submit to the power and
Arrow

July 2022 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

control of the United States, or be punished.  That’s as good a description of slavery as you’re likely to find.  The people who complain about the Confederate flag are misinformed and mistaken.  The flag in front of the post office is the symbol of slavery.
—editor
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Current World Population
https://www.census.gov/popclock/world
Population Curve
http://frontiersman.org.uk/Population/Curve.html

A Passing Thought
Sam Aurelius Milam III

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhere the people fear the government you have tyranny.  Where the government fears the people you have liberty.
—John Basil Barnhill

15x5 Page Background GIF Image A while back, I watched several documentaries about feral pigs.  Time flies, and maybe by now feral pigs are old news.  Maybe people have already solved that problem.  I doubt it but, either way, the documentaries left me with some thoughts about the pigs, which led to this article.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image First, according to the documentaries, those pigs aren’t native to this continent, or even to this hemisphere.  Reportedly, they were intentionally released here during the 1500s, or thereabouts, by the conquistadors.  Since then, they’ve spread across most of both continents.  They’re a harmful, invasive species.  They damage or destroy habitats wherever they go.  They’re strong and smart.  They reproduce prolifically.  They can even pose a threat to people.  Surely, even the most tearful and avid of the something huggers can see that we don’t need to “Save the Pigs”.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Now, about the documentaries.  It seems to me that a new documentary niche, albeit a small one, might have grown up around the feral pig problem.  It seems to be manned (manned, ladies, not personed) mostly by pig removal professionals whose job it is to deal with the pigs, and to be seen in documentaries.  I’m skeptical, suspicious, even cynical.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Consider the word deal.  Among its various meanings is the concept of selling or distributing something, maybe a service.  Is dealing with the pig problem the same thing as solving the pig problem?  I don’t think so.  Indeed, they don’t seem to be the same thing at all.  I expect that there’s a lot more financial security for the pig removal professionals in dealing with the problem than there is in solving it.  There’s also, probably, a lot more camera time.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image So, what do those pig removal professionals actually do?  They capture the pigs and relocate them.  Well, imagine that.  I doubt if they plan to relocate the pigs all the way back to Europe.  After the pigs were first released in this hemisphere, the species managed to spread all the way from Central America to here, so I expect that a relocated pig, after it’s released, will probably be able to find its way back to wherever it was captured.  Even if it doesn’t, its descendants will.  Yup, there’s a lot more financial security in relocating the pigs every time that they sneak back, than there is in killing them.  Better yet, it makes the professionals look soooo concerned about the welfare of the poor little curly-tailed critters.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image So, the pig removal professionals use dogs, ropes, sticks, cages, and so forth, to capture the pigs, expertly appraise their health, comment on their rugged natural beauty, repeatedly remind everybody about how dangerous they are, and act like humanitarian heroes in front of the cameras.  The helpless farmers and their anxious wives are joyfully grateful.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image What?  Helpless farmers?  Anxious wives?  Aren’t those farmers and their wives from the same sturdy pioneer stock that nearly made everything extinct, and still might?  Can’t they eliminate a few pigs?  The pioneers did that kind of thing with guns.  So, it seems to me that the answer to the feral pig problem is easily at hand.  A .30-06 in the hands of every farmer and a carbine in the hands of every farmer’s dainty little wife ought to do the trick nicely and, as we like to say down here in the South, them pigs is mighty fine eatin’.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The authorities appear to disapprove of that solution to the problem.  Why?  Now, I’m just speculating here and I might be way off target, in a manner of speaking, but maybe people who can solve the feral pig problem for themselves might also be able to solve other kinds of problems for themselves.  Why would that make the authorities nervous?  It’s a long shot, so to speak, but maybe all of those rifles might be just as effective against the other kind of pigs, as well.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Or maybe not.  It was just a passing thought.  Forget it.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Name That Villain
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Here’s something that seems to have eluded the historians.  The secession of the southern states from the union was a peaceful political process, involving legislative debates.  The subsequent war was a part of the military process by which the southern states were forced to involuntarily rejoin the union.  Nobody died in the debates.  Many people died in the war.  So, who was really the villain?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Page 2 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 July 2022

Science Fiction and a New Old MANtra
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image During the 1970s or the 1980s, I read several science fiction stories written by Larry Niven.  The name of one of the alien species in some of the stories was the Kzinti.  They’d used genetic engineering to breed their females into a condition of sub-sapience.  I wonder how Niven ever dared to write such a thing.  I completed my first anti-feminist essay, Workplace MANifesto, in 1990.  It’s available in Pharos.  I wonder how I ever dared to write such a thing.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image There isn’t anything wrong with men and women working together in the same workplace, if that’s what they want to do, but they should never be forced to do it.  The obvious alternative is to have female-only workplaces, male-only workplaces, and mixed gender workplaces.  Then, people can choose whichever situation suits them.  It wasn’t done that way because the feminists don’t want men to have a choice.  If men have a choice, then they can get away from the women.  If men don’t have a choice, then the feminists can force men to endure the complaining, whining, and nagging until the men finally submit, just to get the women to shut up.  Feminism isn’t about rights or jobs.  It isn’t about sensitivity or diversity.  It’s about controlling men.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Somebody said that if you keep doing the same thing over and over again, getting the same result every time, expecting a different result every time, and still keep doing it anyway, then you’re insane.  I don’t know, maybe it isn’t insanity.  Maybe it’s just sub-sapience,.  Maybe Larry Niven would know.  One thing that I do know is that you can’t put men and women together in close proximity and have them behave like men and men or like women and women.  They’re going to behave like men and women, every time.  If somebody keeps doing it over and over again, expecting every time that sex won’t intrude into the situation, finding every time that it does, and just keeps doing it anyway, expecting something different, then she might be insane.  She might be a Kzinti, in disguised.  She might just be a feminist.  Who can tell the difference?   Maybe Larry Niven can.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Forcing men and women into close proximity with one another will always lead to the same results, every time.  Why?  Because men are men and we’re going to stay that way.  Repressing us won’t make us better.  It will only make us repressed, which is even worse than being normal.  We are what we are, so here’s the old feminist mantra, right back at them.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Get used to it!10x5 Page Background GIF ImageMale Symbol

And That’s the Way It Was
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Network news today isn’t what it used to be.  Today, it has become theater, complete with fancy graphics, theatrically directed videos that might or might not have anything to do with the events that are actually being reported, stunning scenery in the background, emotive musical sound tracks, news crews with the politically correct mix of gender and race, and, for all that I know, maybe even special effects that are indistinguishable from the real thing.  Such manipulative and emotive techniques, although useful enough in movies and soap operas, are entirely inappropriate in a news report.  News isn’t supposed to be manipulative or even entertaining.  It’s supposed to be informative.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I can remember when the news was presented without special effects and orchestral sound tracks.  It was just a man (sorry, ladies) sitting at a desk, reading the news from some sheets of paper.  Does anybody besides me remember when the news was just news?
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Does anybody besides me remember Walter Cronkite?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image It’s a bad thing for a good thing to be mandatory.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image It’s as honorable to live in the defense of liberty as it is to die in the defense of liberty, and probably more useful.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

The Poet’s Place
If it doesn’t have rhyme and rhythm,
then it isn’t a poem.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I wrote this during February of 1972, while I was in boot camp, in Millington, Tennessee.  We marched to it only once.
—editor

Me:
The Men:
Me:
The Men
Me:
The Men:
Me:
The Men:
Me:
The Men:
Me:
The Men:
Me:
The Men:
Me:
The Men:

My recruiter lied to me
My recruiter lied to me
’bout my life in Tennessee
’bout my life in Tennessee.
Said we’d have a piece each day
Said we’d have a piece each day
T’help us keep those blues away.
T’help us keep those blues away.
So I joined up to have some fun
So I joined up to have some fun
The piece turned out to be a gun.
The piece turned out to be a gun.
Sound off!
One two!
Sound off!
Three four!
    One two three four
    One two — three four!
Gun

July 2022 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF Image An army, great in space, may offer opposition in a brief span of time.  One man, brief in space, must spread his opposition across a period of many years if he is to have a chance of succeeding.
—Lord Yama, Deathgod
in Lord of Light, by Roger Zelazny

Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF Image My thanks to the following:  El Dorado Bob;  Betty;  Eric, of Stockton, California;  and Sir Donald the Elusive.
— editor
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Signs That You're a Hillbilly
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image You proudly display a gift that you bought for your mother at Graceland.   
15x5 Page Background GIF Image You think that beef jerky and Moon Pies are two of the major food groups.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image You have more than two brothers named Bubba or Junior.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Work Ethic
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image An architect, an artist, and a writer were discussing whether it was better to spend time with the wife or with a mistress.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The architect said that he preferred to spend time with his wife, building a solid foundation for an enduring relationship.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The artist said that he preferred spending time with his mistress, because of the passion and mystery that he found there.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The writer said, “I like both.”
15x5 Page Background GIF Image “Both?,” they inquired of the writer.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image “Yes”, he replied.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image “If you have both a wife and a mistress, then they will each assume that you’re spending time with the other.  Then, you can go somewhere private and get some writing done.”10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvailability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  Funding for this newsletter is from sources over which I don't have any control, so it might become necessary for me to terminate these offers or to cancel one or more subscriptions at any time, without notice.  All past issues are presently available for free download at the internet address shown below.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby given to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  You can use editor@frontiersman.org.uk for PayPal payments.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor
Horses sweat.  Men perspire.  Women glow.

Page 4 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 July 2022

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue