PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, November 2018
To Raymond Tarin
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWherever He Is
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image My best guess is that this incident happened while I was in the third grade.  The first and second grades were at the Boldtville School.  This incident happened at the Harmony Elementary School, so it couldn't have happened before the third grade.  It happened before I got my first glasses, and that was some time during the third grade.  So, it must have happened while I was in the third grade.  That would be the 1954 to 1955 school term.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The problem was that I had poor eyesight but, worse than that, I didn't know it.  My grandmother claimed that I needed glasses but nobody believed her.  If I thought about it at all, then I probably assumed that all of the other kids could see the same as I could.  A consequence of my poor vision was that I wasn't as good at anything as the other kids were.   I couldn't do some of the things that they could do.  When I could do something, I couldn't do it as well as the other kids could.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Meanwhile, at home, my father taught me to play checkers.  The checkers pieces, and the squares on the checkers board, were big, and the colors were distinctly different.  So, my poor vision didn't matter when I was playing checkers.  My father was good at the game and he taught me to be good at it.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image One day, somebody brought a checkers game to school.  I don't remember who brought it.  I do remember that, at the lunch break, we put it on a little table near the door of the classroom, and sat two chairs by the table.  We made a rule that whoever won a game got to play the next challenger.  I wasn't the first kid to play a game that day but, when I eventually got my chance to be the next challenger, I won the game.  Then, I won the next game.  I won the game after that.  To loosely paraphrase C. S. Lewis, in That Hideous Strength, the discovery of one's own prowess can be a heady draught; and especially for someone who isn't accustomed to it.  I'd never won before.  I'd never even been good at anything before.  For the team games that they made us play outside, I was always the last one chosen.  When I started playing checkers that day, it turned out that I was better at it than anybody else.  I was winning, with everybody watching.  It was, indeed, a heady draught.
Raymond15x5 Page Background GIF Image After a while, the other kids began to heckle me for hogging the winner's chair.  They wanted me to get out of the way, and let somebody else play.  I was winning.  That had never happened before.  It was like a dream come true, and I didn't want to stop.  When the other kids wouldn't stop nagging me, I ignored them for a while, and then I snapped.  I didn't know that I was going to snap.   I was as surprised as everybody else was.  Poor little Raymond Tarin was standing just to my left, nagging right along with everybody else.  Without any warning at all, I punched him in the stomach.  He folded onto the floor, trying to breathe.  It got really quiet.  I stood up, walked away from the checkers game, and never again played in one of our checkers tournaments.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I'm sorry that I punched Raymond.  I'm sorry that I hurt him.  He was a good kid, and he didn't deserve to be hurt.  I'm sorry that I never apologized to him.  He never complained to me about my poor behavior.  He just accepted it with good grace.  Nobody else ever said anything to me about it, either.  Nobody even told the teacher.  My offense remained unpunished.  My sorrow remained unrelieved.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I'm sorry, Raymond.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageTeardrop

The Seminole Wars
And the Rest of the Story
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMysteries at the Museum had a segment about the Seminole Wars, which took place in Florida during the early 1800s.  In the background of one of the battle reenactments were vast, snow-capped mountain peaks.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image And now for the rest of the story.  The highest terrain in Florida is Britton Hill, with a summit elevation of 345 feet.  It isn't a mountain.  It doesn't even have any snow.  There aren't any vast, snow-capped mountain peaks in Florida.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
May 2022Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

Population Curve BoxWebsite Woes
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Since 2013, I've been using MightWeb as my web hosting service.  For only $2.33 per month, it has hosted all of my websites, without any restrictions at all.  MightWeb has recently announced that it's planning to cease operations.  I don't know when that will happen but, when it does, my websites and email addresses will become unavailable.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I've investigated a few other hosting services, looking for a replacement.  They offer cheap hosting plans but those cheap plans all impose restrictions that render them useless to me.  It appears that a hosting plan that would be useful will cost at least $15 to $30 per month.  That's in addition to my existing expenses.  I can't afford it.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image After MightWeb ceases operations, I'll still be able to receive email at my gmail address, sam.aurelius.milam.iii@gmail.com.  I might be able to provide copies of the websites on disks or flash drives, via the U.S. mail.  That will be an inconvenient way to visit a website but, until I can find an acceptable web hosting service, it will be the best that I can do.  
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Are there any of you out there who can recommend a web hosting service that's affordable and that still provides things like unlimited domains, unlimited space, no file size restrictions, and so forth?  Or, maybe one of you can teach me how to host my own websites.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Letters to the Editor
Dear Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Lately, there's been a lot of controversy about so-called critical race theory.  In my opinion, this so-called theory is more fact than theory — after all, Columbus was a white man, and after 1492, white Europeans gradually supplanted the indigenous people of North and South America.  Slavery was introduced almost at once, and after 1619, the enslaved were mostly of African descent.  Expropriation and enslavement were facilitated by the ideology of white supremacy.  The idea that light-skinned people are better than dark skinned people is still quite prevalent.  These things are facts.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Now it happens that parents of "white" children don't want their children to be taught these facts in school, on the grounds that this knowledge could cause too many guilty or fearful emotions.  The veiled theory of "critical race theory" is the MORAL idea that the present generation should pay for the wrongs done in the past.
—Sir Donald the Elusive
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm not sure what point you're trying to make but, regarding what is or isn't taught in the schools, I believe that all education should be outside of the purview of the government.  The Founding Fathers fell short of the mark.  We do need separation of church and state but we also need separation of school and state, and separation of church and school.  Participation in and obligations to any of those things should be entirely voluntary.  On page 3 of the September 2017 issue,  in reply to  a message from you in that issue, I noted that, when free public education becomes mandatory public education, then education becomes brainwashing.  Also, government funding means government control.
—editor
Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Got your latest Frontiersman, thank you.  As you heard, we got $6 00 - 7 00 gas out here in Commiefornia [written on March 9, 2022] and we're still abusing children in schools with masks.  All the prisons and hospitals still have to wear them too.  So, like 9/11, they refuse to follow science and the truth.  Still working on my release, as no one is able to tell me why they continue to keep blind people in prison.  Please send Frontiersman to [names and addresses omitted].
15x5 Page Background GIF Image ... I am really disappointed that truth does not matter to anybody in the government.  This country is drowning in hypocrisy.  There's so much more to say and talk about and until we get our tablets, it's very difficult to share.  It appears we are entering a new paradigm and I'm too old to fit in.  There is no sense in even trying to file in the courts because the rule of law is dead in California.  The judges are unable to follow U.S. Supreme Court decisions and are so politically controlled that the mere mention of truth is beyond their ken.  I wish making commentary was easy and that I could just plug something into my neck and talk to the computer.  I hear there's a new Matrix movie.  Sorry I can't see it.  I'll keep writing as long as I can and hope that all is well with you and yours.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Take care.  Until next time, your friend.
—E. E., a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI don't give a newsletter subscription to somebody unless he asks for it himself.  Maybe you could get copies of your newsletter to send to your friends, or get your friends to ask for subscriptions themselves.
—editor
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Hi, Sam yeah bro, it's me again and I hope this letter finds you well.  I received the
Arrow

Page 2Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 May 2022

new issue of "Frontiersman" you sent me, "thank you", but I wanted to write and tell ya that I heard this rumor the other day, that there hasn't been any gold stored at Fort Knox since 1987.  They're claiming that all of the gold bars were melted down and made into gold coins and sold to the public or gold coin buyers as investments.  And the government is now using Fort Knox to store large quantities of morphine and plutonium and enriched uranium that is supposedly worth billions of dollars, what do you think?
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Hey check this out, last week there was this black pregnant female security guard who was working in the max control booth, and they found her inside the max control booth passed out high on drugs.  They fired her on the spot!  But there is still a lot of drugs being mailed into the prison on fake legal mail that is coated with meth or K2.  And they cut it up into 1/2 inch strips and smoke it!  But Sam, the reason I am writing to you again is that I desperately need your help out there to go online for me and try doing a search for these people's mailing addresses for me.  [names omitted]  Sam, if you can find me any of these people's addresses it would be very much appreciated.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Thanks again.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Your friend.
—H. L., a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn the December 2011 issue, I wrote an article about a Brad Meltzer episode that I watched.  It was about Fort Knox, and the rumors about the missing gold.  The most interesting information in the program wasn't about the gold.  It was a statement made by a former Fort Knox armorer, who was interviewed during the program.  He commented that, if anybody ever successfully broke into Fort Knox, he would be made to disappear.  The people who were conducting the interview didn't pursue that issue.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've never had much success at finding specific individuals by just making ordinary searches.  I suggest that you find somebody who uses one of the social media networks to search for your friends for you.
—editor
Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I was reading your April 2022 Frontiersman and a few things caught my eye.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image In your letters to the editor, I see you got a letter from [name and personal details omitted]....
15x5 Page Background GIF Image That leads me to acknowledge how badly the U.S.A. over sentences people to prison.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I watched about a mass killing that happened in Norway, recently, like 10 years ago.  A guy bombed a government building, killing 10 people and injuring 240 people, and then, using that as a decoy, went to a teen summer camp, shot and killed 67 kids.  He was caught and convicted, and received the max prison sentence Norway gives, 21 years in prison.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I watched another case where 2 gunmen killed 119 people in a night club, via a AK-47.  I forget what country, but in Europe, but they got 20 years.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Now, I'm not gonna try to comment on their sentencing guidelines but when I consider I got more time for driving a car a block and a half, or my old cellie got 49 years to life for stealing a purse out of a shopping cart, it's obvious, the U.S.A. has monetized prison.  It's fucked up.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image As for D. C. from Santa Clara, I disagree.  Ayn Rand is an anarchist, it's one of her good features.  Where she fails is her belief in capitalism.  She's overly idealistic.  Any who, be well.  I'll close.
—S. H., a prisoner
And Sometimes We Even Used Them
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image A while back, I saw a news report about some women who were mad about something.  I don't know why they were mad, but they were all out on the street, brandishing signs, making shrill noises, prancing around, and blocking traffic.  They called what they were doing a protest march.  It seemed to me a lot more like nagging in public, a public nag fest.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image A male member of a news crew got up enough courage to interrupt one of the women and ask her a question.  I don't remember his question.  I do remember her answer.  She shouted, "They haven't heard us yet so we'll just keep getting louder!"  Her statement touches upon the very essence of feminism.  Merciless nagging is their fundamental methodology.  Drawn from time immemorial, it has served women well throughout the ages, and it continues to serve them well today.  Indeed, the most prominent consequence of feminism has been to export nagging from the home to the workplace, and everywhere in between.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image As those women at the public nag fest understood, nagging works best if it keeps getting louder and louder until we can't stand it any more.  Then, it's easier for us to just give them what they want, just to make them shut up, and to ignore them the best that we can after that.   When I was young we had words for that kind of thing.  In polite company, we called it being henpecked.  In other kinds of company, we called it being pussy-whipped.  Yes indeed.  Back then, we had words for it.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageMale Symbol
15x5 Page Background GIF Image But what difference does it make whether women rule, or the rulers are ruled by women?  The result is the same.
—Aristotle [384 — 322 B.C.]

May 2022Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF Image The defense of civil liberties, by definition, involves the defense of persons who are most despised by the public.
—Aryeh Neier

Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF Image My thanks to the following:  El Dorado Bob;  Betty;  Eric, of Stockton, California;  Sir Donald the Elusive;  and Millie, of Superior, Arizona.
— editor
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Signs That You're a Hillbilly
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
10x5 Page Background GIF Image When giving directions to strangers, you say, "Over yonder a piece."
10x5 Page Background GIF Image You were shootin' pool when your kids were born.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Wind Warning
As Retold by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image An American serviceman, stationed in London, stood waiting at a bus stop.  An English woman walked up to the bus stop and stood there, waiting.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image A huge puff of wind came along and blew the woman's dress right up over her face.  She pushed the dress back down.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The serviceman was a bit embarrassed.  He tried to think of something to say, to ease the tension.  He decided that the weather ought to be a safe topic and, thinking about that huge puff of wind, he innocently commented, "Kind of airy today, ain't it?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The English woman snapped angrily, "Ya wuz expectin' feathers?"10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvailability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  Funding for this newsletter is from sources over which I don't have any control, so it might become necessary for me to terminate these offers or to cancel one or more subscriptions at any time, without notice.  All past issues are presently available for free download at the internet address shown below.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby given to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  You can use sam.aurelius.milam.iii@gmail.com for PayPal payments.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor
They gave a celebrity roast for Will Smith.
Everybody wore catcher's masks.

Page 4Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 May 2022

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue