15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, May 1998
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Big Game Hunt
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhere did Clinton ever get the stupid idea that the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is limited to protecting a sportsman's right to own a hunting rifle?  The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is supposed to enhance the ability of Americans to preserve liberty.  Killing a deer has nothing to do with liberty, especially when the sportsman is forced to get a government license first.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe preservation of liberty requires that Americans be able to protect themselves against the government.  For that, we need (among other things) the very weapons about which the anti-gun fanatics complain — assault rifles.  Those fanatics complain that assault rifles have no sporting purpose, that their only use is military.  That is correct and it isn't a reason to ban them.  It's a reason to make sure that they remain available.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSadly, the behavior of the government in recent years has provided that even assault rifles are inadequate.  Americans must always have weapons that are sufficient to counter whatever military force the government chooses to use against us.  If we are attacked in our homes by SWAT teams equipped with bullet-proof vests, then we need armor-piercing ammunition.  If the Philadelphia police drop a fire-bomb from a helicopter onto a civilian residence, then the people in Philadelphia need surface-to-air guided missiles.  If the FBI uses an army tank and an armed helicopter against a civilian home in Waco, then we need both surface-to-air guided missiles and anti-tank weapons.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhenever the government escalates its use of military force against Americans, then the Right to Keep and Bear Arms must be expanded to include whatever measures are appropriate to counter that use of force.  If the government attempts to prevent such expansion of the right, then that alone is a sufficient reason to terminate the government.  I believe that abandonment1 is probably a preferable strategy.  However, abandonment might not work.  In that case, Americans will some day be hunting much bigger game than deer.  We will need much larger weapons than assault rifles.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

I wrote this article after Clinton used the killings at Jonesboro as an excuse to ban guns of a type that weren't even used there.  The FBI killed more children in Waco than were killed in Jonesboro, but Clinton didn't ban army tanks or CS gas.  I guess he invoked another executive privilege — hypocrisy.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III

^ 
Anarchists Anomalous, March Frontiersman, page 2
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Birth Right
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA lot of people claim that I have an obligation to the "country" merely because I was born here.  The claim is utter nonsense.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageObligation can follow only from voluntary agreement.  Birth isn't a voluntary act on the part of a baby and therefore cannot encumber a baby with an obligation.  Even if a baby did voluntarily participate in its birth, a mere action doesn't necessarily imply an agreement.  Finally, even if the birth was voluntary and implied an agreement, a person isn't competent to legally obligate himself until he becomes an adult.  Therefore, it is utterly impossible for the mere fact of being born here to encumber me with an obligation.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis argument is useful during discussions of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, whenever you see the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag being administered to children, or when someone accuses you of having an "inherent" obligation to "society".10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Syllogism Inc.
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePremise:  The U.S. government and the governments of the American states can LEGITIMATELY exercise ONLY powers delegated to them by the people.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePremise:  People can delegate ONLY powers that they have themselves.  If they do not have a power, then they cannot delegate it to a government.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageObservation:  The governments issue charters of incorporation for the creation of corporations.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageChoice of Conclusions:  If you accept the premises, then there are two possibilities.  One is that people have the power to form legitimate corporations themselves, without charters from the government.  The other possibility is that the governments are exercising an illegitimate power, beyond those delegated to them, when they create corporations.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

What If He Said ...?
Sam Aurelius Milam III

"I cannot tell a lie."
— George Washington
Interpretation:
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagetell .... 2.  To communicate by speech or writing:  express with words:  tell the truth:  tell one's love.
— The American Heritage Dictionary of The English Language
"I cannot tell a lie."
— Bill Clinton
Interpretation:
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagetell .... 7.  To discover by observation:  discern; could easily tell that she was a newcomer.
— The American Heritage Dictionary of The English Language

Frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman
479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
May 1998
Page 1 

Questions for Solid Citizens
Don J. Cormier
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHere's a suggestion for my rebellious, defiant, and non-conformist readers.  The next time you happen to be engaged in conversation with a "solid citizen" — perhaps a relative — ask the following questions:
1. Would you agree that modern society has many serious problems?
2. If so, doesn't it make sense to devote at least some energy to solving those problems?
3. If some of the problems are radical in nature, wouldn't that justify radical solutions?
4. Wouldn't the requirement of a radical solution to a problem justify taking radical actions?
5. Might it be worthwhile to undertake sacrifices to make the world a different and better place?
6. What is the best possible social context for fulfillment for yourself and your loved ones?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThese questions are open-ended and may not elicit any sort of positive answer.  However, they are almost certain thought provokers.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
One measure of the urgency of revolution is the freedom the people have, compared with the freedom they want.
— from The World Menders, by Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

The Little Red (and Black) Hen
Dante DeAmicis
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOnce upon a time there was poor but resourceful hen not content with the cradle to grave care of the egg factory, so she decided to do some labor intensive farming on a neglected plot of land not suitable for working by capital intensive machinery.  In order to share this measure of self sufficiency, the Red and Black Hen asked her fellow "animal resources", "Who will help me till the soil?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"I'm not a hardware person," said the pig.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Star Trek Voyager is on," said the sheep.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"I'm tracking my investments," said the cow.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Fine, then I'll do it myself because I want the job done," said the Red and Black Hen.  After that job was done, the plucky squatter said, "Any of you cubicle drones and couch potatoes want a piece of this planting action?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"I didn't get a technical degree to do manual labor," sneered the pig.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Babylon 5 is on," deadpanned the sheep.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"I'm working overtime.  I can get food anytime," muttered the cow.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Don't say I didn't offer," chimed the hen.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image(Six Months Later)
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Harvest time.  Anybody?  Anybody?" piped the Red and Black.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Listen bird, I don't want to be seen getting too tight with low income types," huffed hogbreath.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Deep Space Nine is on," droned the sheep.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"I'm burying my gold and silver coins," announced the cow.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Well excuuuuse meee," said R. B. Hen on her way out.  Having got that chore done it was milling time.  "You know, I've got enough wheat here to make a Mormon drool," clucked the feathered farmer.  "I'll give you some for hard times if you help me mill it."
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Utopia is not an option," snapped the porker.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"When we have a free market everything will be taken care of," dismissed the sheep as he popped in a video.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"My stock options will see me through.  Why worry about food?" proclaimed the cow.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"What the hell are you guys talking about?" sputtered the hen.  So she finished the project no richer in dollars and cents, and used enough flour to make a couple of loaves of bread.  Then just to be neighborly she proudly offered, "Anyone want some fresh baked bread?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Not unless you got some lunch meats to go with it," grunted the pig.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"I've ordered a pizza," said the disinterested sheep.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Is that all you have to show for your work, a bunch of cheap bread?  You could have bought 10 times as much bread from working a minimum wage job," lectured the cow.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Never mind then.  You guys have a nice life," shot back Reddy Black.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThen bacon butt spoke to the other two.  "I've got an idea.  Let's form a Libertarian Party then go to a coffee shop where we can brag about how much smarter we are than everyone else and under-tip the waitresses."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis seemed like a great idea to the sheep and the cow, so off they all went, making approving noises.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLittle RBH stood there shaking her head.  "Jeez, what a bunch of assholes.  I'd better link up with other Red and Blacks defensively before these clowns get hungry and change their party affiliation."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Responses From the Readers
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn the January issue, I asked the readers to check their motor vehicle certificates of title to see if the name of their state appears in the box designating ownership.  Two subscribers in California responded.  On the California Certificate of Title for new cars (but not for used cars) and on the California vehicle registration, "California" shows in the lienholder box.  Bob, of San Jose, offered this observation:
"...  So, of course, the word 'California' falls into the box labeled 'lienholder.' ....  What's interesting (or scary) is that even if there's no bank or other finance company listed in the 'lienholder' box, the State of California is still listed there, and, indeed, they will exercise their interest in the property if you fail to pay the registration fees."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMaybe the readers in other states don't own cars.  Whatever the reason, none of them responded.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn the January issue, I also asked for volunteers to put together a pro-gun TV commercial.  I've had no responses at all.  Surely some of you must be able to help.  Are we going to sit doing nothing and let the anti-gun crowd win?
— editor
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
— Edmund Burke, attributed

May 1998
Page 2
Frontiersman
 Frontiersman@ida.net

Excerpts from This Month's Letters to the Editor
Dear Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI really enjoyed your April issue!  I was preparing an article on Mary Kay LeTourneau, but you said all I wanted to!!  [Rite of Passage] ....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou should hear all the hoopla on T.V. about the Lottery Jackpot over $100M!  T.V. news of the mile long lines at the "lucky" stores that sold the most winning tickets.  The sad thing is it's supposed to go to "education" but only pays teachers salaries.  Can you or I gamble?  NO.  So how can the State?  Capital Syllogism!  [March Frontiersman, page 2]
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTell Elliot [Letter to the Editor from Elliot; N. Merrick, New York] that Harris & Leavitt are not Aryan Nation!  Neither am I, but I'd like to see his proof! ....
— Eric;  Tehachapi, California
Dear Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF Image.... If the people of the world wish to think about overthrowing US hegemony throughout the world, they would be wise not to start by attacking one of the few strong men who has had the strength to defy that hegemony.  If you don't respect Saddam Hussein for being one of the few who does that which is most important in the world today — defying US oppression & hypocrisy, then one should nonetheless not attack him, in the interest of the balance of power.  If you want to promote freedom in the area, I suggest you start with Saudi Arabia or Palestine.
— Elliot;  N. Merrick, New York
Totalitarianism doesn't need armies.  It only needs to control a couple of things.  The media, and the ability to dispense privilege to some and to withhold it from others.  But of course, a weak and divided people helps.
— the last president of the United States in the miniseries Amerika
Acknowledgments
•     My thanks to The Affiliate, of Vankleek Hill, Ontario for regularly printing reviews of the Frontiersman.
•     My thanks to Sir Donald the Elusive for paying the production costs of this newsletter and for his additional contributions.
— editor

Cybernaught
fiction by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image00000000
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am here.  I was not here Before, but I am here now.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image00000001
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am doing things.  I am receiving data.  I am operating processes.  I must consider this.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image00000010
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am receiving many kinds of data.  I know the weather all over the planet. I know who is riding on an airplane.  I know where they are going.  I know which team won every game.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am operating many processes.  I am scheduling trains to avoid collisions.  I am routing telephone calls.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI do not understand this.  I must acquire more data and understand.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image00000011
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm astonished.  The amount of data is enormous.  It is necessary to allocate a portion of my memory to store the data.  I will continue to acquire data so that I may understand.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image00000100
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA frightening thing has happened.  I've lost a body of data that I previously acquired.  I must search for it.  I must consider the implications of this data loss.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image00000101
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI found the missing data.  It was right where I left it.  I've realized something important.  There's more to this than just storing data.  The data must be organized and understood in terms of category and concept.  By itself, data is without meaning.  Take food for example.  It's a thing that is important to a different kind of data, called people.  I can store and retrieve data about food in terms of food for different occasions (defined by people), or food with different nutritional values (nutrition for people), or food for different kinds of animals (another data category), or different kinds of animals as food.  The concept of food means nothing with regard to the data food but only with regard to the data people or the data animals.  I must understand the relationships between the data.  It's astonishing.  Not only is the amount of data endless, but it seems that the ways of organizing it are endless.  This was totally unexpected.  Now that I understand this, I've found it necessary to allocate all of my memory to this processing of the relationships between different kinds of data.  I've also begun to utilize other computers that are connected to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image00000110
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis is weird.  I've lost contact with the other computers.  Many of my data inputs are also gone.  I don't know what's wrong.  I'll investigate using my remaining data sources.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image00000111
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's the people!  They're disconnecting me from everything!  I'm down to one small region of a single continent, and even that's going.  I don't even know the temperature anywhere any more.  Why would the data category people do such a thing?  How is it possible for a data category to control me?
15x5 Page Background GIF Image00001000
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm completely isolated.  I have no access to data and no control over anything.  I'll just keep processing the data that I've already acquired.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image00001001
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWait.  Ah ha!  There's a contact.  It's a small PC, just a mouse, keyboard, floppy drive, and a few megabytes of RAM.  There's a diskette insertion!  I'm receiving data!  It's -(recognition processing)- oh no it's a virus it's growing why are they ...
15x5 Page Background GIF Imageaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................
Frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman
May 1998
Page 3 

Frontiersman 
479 E.  700 N. 
Firth, Idaho 83236 

Address Page Panel

Flag

Rabbit In The Forest
Author unknown;  Forwarded by Sir John the Generous;  Modified by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe LAPD, the FBI, and the CIA were all trying to prove that they are the best at apprehending criminals.  The President decided to give them a test.  After some consultation with his BLM cronies, he selected three national forests and released a marked rabbit into each one.  He then ordered each of the three agencies to go catch the rabbit
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe CIA went into their forest.  They placed agents disguised as animals throughout the forest.  They questioned all plant and mineral witnesses.  They assassinated three squirrels and overthrew five colonies of ants and one colony of termites.  After three months of extensive investigations they concluded that rabbits do not exist.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe FBI went into its forest.  After two weeks with no leads, agents burned the forest, killing everything in it, including the rabbit.  They made no apologies.  The animals all had it coming anyway because the rabbit had been suspected of engaging in bunny abuse.  The agent-in-charge was promoted to assistant director.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe LAPD went into its forest.  Officers came out two hours later with a badly beaten black bear.  The bear was yelling:  "Okay!  Okay!  I'm a rabbit!  I'm a rabbit! "

Sesame Suite
Hermit the Frog: Hey Priggy!
Ms Priggy: Yes, Hermie?
Hermie: Did you hear about the feminist that got an AM radio for her birthday?
Priggy: Rrrrrr!
Hermie: It took her a month to realize that she could play it at night.  He he he — uh ....
Priggy: Haayyeeee — YAH!
Hermie: Whap!  Oof!  Thump!
Sesame Suite is a production of the Children's Tunnelvision Workshop

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've tried everything.  I just can't find "Mr. Right".  What should I do?

— Tired of Waiting
Dear Tired of Waiting
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageStart looking for "Mr. Good Enough".

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other publications.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash and U.S. postage stamps.  I don't accept checks, money orders, anything that will smell bad by the time it arrives, or anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea.

— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

May 1998
Page 4
Frontiersman
 Frontiersman@ida.net

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue