15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, October 2001
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Holy War is a Contradiction in Terms
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat does George W. Bush tell the Israelis and the Palestinians when they're exchanging retaliation for retaliation, ad nauseam?  He tells them to stop the attacks.  He says that each leader should sit across a table from his despised enemy, and talk.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNow, George W. Bush intends to engage the "enemy" in what will admittedly be a years-long exchange of retaliation for retaliation, ad nauseam.  Does he have the integrity to take his own advice, instead?  Somebody has to be the first to stop, or it won't stop.  There isn't any justice available in the situation, only revenge.  Although revenge is sweet, peace is sweeter.  Here's what George W. Bush needs to do if he really wants to end the violence, if he's honorable enough to do it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHe needs to be the first to stop.  He needs to follow his own advice.  He needs to sit down across a table from his despised enemy, Osama bin Laden, and talk.  Sounds dangerous?  Probably not.  Muslims are honorable people, probably more honorable than U.S. officials.  If Osama bin Laden guarantees George W. Bush safe passage there and back again, then Bush won't even need a guard.  Osama bin Laden will be the one who's taking the chance.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageConsider Bush's own advice to adversaries in a conflict that isn't any more insane than Bush's proposed "war on terrorism".  If it's reasonable for Ariel Sharon or Shimon Peres to meet with Yasser Arafat, then it's just as reasonable for George W. Bush or Colin Powell to meet with Osama bin Laden.  Is Bush honest enough to ask for a meeting, or will he hypocritically embark on the path already proven in the Middle East to be insane?  His actions might tell us a lot about his real, undeclared, agenda.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Letters to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF Image1984 and all that — Consider that up until 9/11 China was being touted as the big enemy by right thinkers of the National Review.  What happened to China in the wake of the 9/11 attacks?  No more Eastasian War?  Now we are at war with Eurasia.  Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia!
— Joseph;  Burbank, California

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHi Sam — I was shocked to read that Maplewood, New Jersey has a "lawn cop" that issues citations for unkempt lawns [Nothing In Between, September 2001 Frontiersman, page 1].  Where I live in Redwood Shores, CA., we must join a homeowners association (HOA) before we move here.  Residents here enjoy living in a beautiful community.  The HOA issues citations if lawns become unattractive, but since we all signed up for it, we can't complain.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageShame on Maplewood for forcing tidy yards on people who never agreed to this restriction.  Maplewood government has definitely gone too far!
— Tom;  Redwood Shores, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCommunities of the type in which you live get more common all the time.  We encountered one several years ago in a remote valley in the mountains southeast of here.  We were interested in five acres of farm land that were for sale there.  We were appalled when the real estate agent told us that it was a "covenant community".  If we wanted to live there, we would have to sign an agreement that prohibited (among many other things) keeping a pig.  It was farm land!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf such communities come to encompass a large enough percentage of the places that people can live, then the belief that the required agreements1 are voluntary becomes a lie.  Indeed, I believe that you're deceiving yourself regarding your apparent belief that your consent was voluntary.  You stated, "we must join a homeowners association (HOA) before we move here."  That doesn't sound very voluntary to me.  When you were looking for a place to live, how many similarly desirable choices did you have that did not impose such a requirement?  That considered, how "voluntary" was your consent, really?
— editor
 ^ 
An oxymoron if ever there was one.

frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
Also see Pharos at http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
October 2001
Page 1 

E-mail to the editor from PtosisTheseus <anatasia@hawaii.rr.com>
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubject:  FLAME:  If this comment is yours then:  explain why u feel this way
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Now, don't get me wrong.  I approve of sexual segregation.  I think sexually integrated institutions are the stupidest idea since female suffrage."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageUp!  Yours!  Explain your sexual segregation - Why is is better?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI don't see what sexual segregation accomplishes other than fragmenting society .  How is a fragmented society better than an integrated one?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIN U.S. we tried the separate but equal with Blacks/Whites - but it was a lie!  It was an arbitrary line that created separate and unequal.  We have separation of sexes in sports - also unequal in $$ support.  Even though the YMCA + YWCA were once segregated but are now still separate entities take a look at any YMCA compared to YWCA and you will see the difference is definitely UNequal.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOh yeah - that right - big guy here - he thinks it shouldn't be equal eh?  You won the lottery by having your genitals on the outside instead of the inside I guess that makes you the lucky winner!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAs in just like there is no Black/White absolutes do you ever stop to think about sexual definitions as being too simplistic?  What about all the people Born with both gentiles?  Hmmmmmmm ....... or the ones with the appearance of one definition of sex but with the hormone levels of the other?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFigure it out pal., your view is to simple to be correct.  The universe has near limitless possibilities that your small tiny brain are unable to even imagine!
— unsigned
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI made the statement in "Feminist Hypocrisy Continues", on page 2 of the July 2001 issue.
•     I believe that sexual segregation is better because too much sexual repression is necessary in order for people to function legally in a sexually integrated workplace.
•     Sexual segregation doesn't fragment society.  There have been many sexually segregated societies that were as functional as ours.  Indeed, they were probably more functional than ours.
•     Your comparison of sexual segregation to racial segregation is disingenuous.  Tension between the races is learned and, therefore, avoidable.  Tension between the sexes is inherent and, therefore, inevitable.
•     Having my genitals on the outside doesn't necessarily make me the winner.  However, it does make me a man.  There isn't anything that women can do about that, however much they're annoyed by their inability to duplicate it.  They'll just have to learn to live with what they have.
•     I guess you intended to say "people Born with both genitals" instead of "people Born with both gentiles".  It seems that your little hissy fit got in the way of your ability to function.  Typical.
•  Since you didn't have the integrity to identify yourself, and since you use a pseudonym for your e-mail identity, I can only speculate.  However, you fly into a frenzy the instant that a man dares to stand up to you, so I'd say that you're female.  If I'm correct, then you're a good example of why I advocate sexual segregation.  A man wouldn't respond as you have.  Indeed, hissy fits are pretty much a female phenomenon, yet another example of the inherent differences between men and women.  Why, I'll bet that you're so mad from reading this that you want to stomp your dainty little foot and grimace.
— editor

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnd finally, this is in response to a telephone call that I answered on September 11 from another female, a subscriber in Idaho Falls, Idaho.  While I was trying to respond to her frantic declaration that “our country is under attack”, she said to me (among other things), “you sure as fuck ain't no American!”, and then she hung up on me.  Women seem to think that they have a God-given right to be verbally abusive with men.  A man who treats a woman that way is condemned as a sexist bum.  Anyway, I'll continue my response to her here.  So, to the female caller, whose name I will graciously omit ....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI understand more about being an American than you ever imagined.  Indeed, your attitude is of the type that caused the imprisonment of people with Japanese ancestry after the attack on Pearl Harbor and has recently caused the harassment of people who wear turbans or worship Allah.  You deny my legitimacy and demean me just because I'm different in some way.  It's an attitude of which you should be ashamed.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRegarding attacks on "our" country, I expect that they'll continue for as long as the U.S. government maintains its arrogant posture throughout the world.  If you want the attacks to stop, then the answer is to address the behavior of the U.S. government, which is the cause, and not the attacks, which are the result.  I expect, instead, the enactment of additional pointless and repressive measures that will fail to address the prob-
October 2001
Page 2
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 frontiersman@ida.net

lem but which will further diminish our liberties.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe deaths on September 11 were regrettable.  However, neither your grief nor mine, however legitimate, will cancel the equally legitimate grief that has resulted from other deaths elsewhere in the world that are attributable to the arrogance of the U.S. government.  Those other deaths are certainly a motivation and perhaps even a justification for attacks on the U.S. government.  The number of those other deaths is far greater than the number that will eventually be counted in New York City.  Furthermore, the number of those other deaths will continue to grow in the foreseeable future.  This points to a fundamental American hypocrisy.  Many people will mourn the deaths in New York City but ignore or even applaud those in places like Iraq or Serbia.  Such a person might call himself an American but, in my opinion, is diminished by hypocrisy below what I regard as befitting an American.  I regret all of the deaths, wherever they may be.  Further, I deplore the hypocrisy.  You may call yourself an American, but you're nowhere near the kind of American that I am.
— editor
Page 3 BoxShot In The Fracas
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLately, while pondering the mentality of the people in this country, I recalled a situation which greatly amused my father, many years ago.  It happened in connection with one of his favorite radio call-in talk and news shows.  Yes, they had them even way back then.  As I recall, the program was a feature of radio station WOAI, in San Antonio, Texas.  During the broadcast that initiated the situation, the announcer reported on an altercation that had occurred outside of a local bar.  He quoted someone at the scene as saying, "The woman who was shot in the fracas has been taken to the hospital, because the bullet is lodged in her yet."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWithin minutes, a puzzled listener called, wondering at the unfamiliar body parts.  What is a woman's fracas, and what is her yet?  The announcer was amused, but gamely seized the opportunity.  He asserted that the questions were far outside his medical expertise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWell, it turned into a running debate.  For days, puzzled listeners called presenting opinions and comments regarding the nature, location, and likely functions of a woman's fracas, not to mention her yet.  The announcer wisely kept his own counsel as his listeners made fools of themselves and improved his ratings.  However, the epitome of his amusement occurred several days later, while the family was eating supper one evening.  His daughter-in-law, who was a third year medical student, announced in frustration that she'd checked every medical book available to her and had failed to find any mention whatsoever of those particular body parts, in either a woman or a man.  The next day, the announcer mentioned it on his program.  He was still laughing.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWho knows?  Maybe they're still debating it down there.  The important thing is what the story suggests about people.  For most of my life, I've been trying to resist the temptation to conclude that people are inherently stupid.  The failure of people to comprehend the loss of liberty that will result from the September 11 attacks has only added to the temptation.  Maybe I was naive to hope that Americans could be superior to other people, elsewhere in the world.  However, if Americans are indeed inherently stupid, then they aren't fit to make their own decisions, define their own beliefs, or run their own lives.  That would be the death knell of all of the hopes and beliefs upon which this country was founded.  In that case, we need a dictator, hopefully a benevolent one, to guide us.  In that case, I might as well give up the struggle for liberty because it's based on a lie.  I cling, however, to the thin thread of hope provided by the speculation that maybe people aren't stupid, but only ignorant.  The difference, of course, is that while stupidity is permanent, ignorance can be cured.  So, I haven't given up yet.  I can still write and some people will still read, so I can still hope.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
October 2001
Page 3 

Frontiersman 
479 E.  700 N. 
Firth, Idaho 83236 

Liberty is more important
than security.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat do you think of the Tango? 
— Student of Dance
Dear Student of Dance
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThat would be the Mexican word for that orange flavored beverage mix.  Right?  It's OK, I guess, but I prefer beer.

Acknowledgments
•     My thanks to The Affiliate, of Vankleek Hill, Ontario, http://www.the-grand-barn.com/, and The Thought, of Glendale, Arizona, http://home.att.net/~guildmaster/wsb for printing reviews of the Frontiersman.
•     My thanks to Lady Helen the Gracious, Sir James the Bold, Sir John the Generous, and Sir Donald the Elusive for their assistance.

— editor

Kids In Church
Original source unknown.  Forwarded by David, of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
•     After the christening of his baby brother in church, little Timmy sobbed all the way home in the back seat of the car.  His father asked him three times what was wrong.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFinally, the boy replied, "The preacher said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home, but I want to stay with you guys."
•     The Sunday School teacher asked, "Now, Billy, tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"No sir," little Billy replied, "I don't have to!  My mom's a good cook!"

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash and U.S. postage stamps.  I will accept checks or money orders only by prior arrangement.  I don't accept anything that will smell bad by the time it arrives or anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea. 
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

October 2001
Page 4
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 frontiersman@ida.net

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue