15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, July 2001
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Judicial Imperialism
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIncreasingly, U.S. courts are hearing cases wherein they lack jurisdiction,1 exercising instead an illegitimate, de facto authority.2
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn the U.S. District Court in Manhattan, on May 29, four followers of Osama bin Laden were convicted in the 1998 bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa.  The bombings occurred in Kenya and Tanzania and only one of the defendants was a U.S. citizen.  Over the other three defendants, therefore, and over the alleged crimes, the court lacked jurisdiction.  The matter should have been heard by courts in Kenya and Tanzania, not by a U.S. court.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn June, the U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Virginia indicted 13 Saudis and one Lebanese citizen in the bombing of the Khobar Towers, in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.  The indictments were made under Title 18 of the United States Code.  Neither a U.S. court nor the United States Code can have jurisdiction over foreign citizens and alleged crimes in foreign countries.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe behavior of these courts is completely illegitimate.  Suppose, for example, that Osama bin Laden sent people to arrest a U.S. citizen for violations of Muslim doctrine, took the U.S. citizen against his will to Afghanistan, tried him in an Afghan court, and put him in an Afghan prison.  In principle, that's what the U.S. government is doing.  However, the U.S. government doesn't have any jurisdiction over defendants or "crimes" in foreign countries.  The fact that the "crimes" affected U.S. Embassies or harmed U.S. servicemen doesn't confer jurisdiction.  Those are diplomatic matters.  The usurpation of such diplomatic matters by U.S. courts is far more dangerous than "terrorist" bombings.  The jurisdictions claimed are thinly veiled U.S. imperialism.  It seems that Osama bin Laden is right about the U.S. government.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageU.S. and "world" courts are increasingly guilty of such usurpations.  They do so for the sake of opposition to such things as "genocide" (which seldom happens), "human rights violations" or "crimes against humanity" (which might be a matter of local opinion or, maybe, nobody else's business), "terrorism" (effective resistance), "drug abuse" (free choice), or any other complaint that some intrusive reformer can use as an excuse to impose his beliefs on others.  The concept of jurisdiction seems to have disappeared.  All that's needed for a court to exert authority at will (despotism) is for some intrusive reformer to demand it.  Then, suddenly, the court has all the authority it needs to forcibly impose any decision that is desired by those in power (terrorism).  Is this the so-called "rule of law"?  If so, then give me anarchy.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

^ 
Court of competent jurisdiction.  One having power and authority of law at the time of acting to do the particular act.  One having jurisdiction under the Constitution and/or laws to determine the question in controversy.
—Black's Law Dictionary
 ^ 
De facto .... In fact, in deed, actually.  This phrase is used to characterize an officer, a government, a past action, or a state of affairs which must be accepted for all practical purposes, but is illegal or illegitimate.  Thus, an office, position or status existing under a claim or color of right such as a de facto corporation.  In this sense it is the contrary of de jure, which means rightful, legitimate, just, or constitutional.  Thus, an officer, king, or government de facto is one who is in actual possession of the office or supreme power, but by usurpation, or without lawful title....
—Black's
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
References
1.     Guilty On All Counts, ABC World News Tonight with Peter Jennings, May 29, 2001
2.     14 Indicted In 1996 Saudi Arabia Bombing, NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, June 21, 2001
3.     BLACK'S LAW DICTIONARY;  Definitions of the Terms and Phrases of American and English Jurisprudence, Ancient and Modern, By HENRY CAMPBELL BLACK, M. A., FIFTH EDITION BY THE PUBLISHER'S EDITORIAL STAFF, WEST PUBLISHING CO., ST. PAUL MINN., COPYRIGHT © 1979 By WEST PUBLISHING CO.
frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
Also see Pharos at http://www.ida.net/users/pharos/
July 2001
Page 1 

Feminist Hypocrisy Continues
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFor years now, I've been objecting to the arrogance, hypocrisy, and intolerance of the feminists.  Lest anyone be deluded, those characteristics continue.  So do my objections.  The most recent example to come to my attention is the female-only public school in Spanish Harlem (Reference 1).  After all the decades of the feminists whining about sexual equality it seems incredible, but it's true.  It's a female-only public school.  They're even bragging about how much better the girls do, lacking boys in the classes.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNow, don't get me wrong.  I approve of sexual segregation.  I think sexually integrated institutions are the stupidest idea since female suffrage.  However, women have coercively intruded into every male-only institution in existence, from male-only high school wrestling teams (Reference 10) to male-only military academies (Reference 6).  So, as long as they insist on destroying, by their very presence, the fundamental nature of male-only institutions, so long as they refuse to even allow the existence of such institutions, then they can certainly relinquish their hypocritical insistence on having their own female-only institutions.  As long as they insist on the “equal” treatment of the sexes (a stupid idea), then it has to work the same for them as for us.  Until I can have a male-only workplace, a male-only research team, or maybe a male only sports program, END THE FEMALE-ONLY SCHOOLS!10x5 Page Background GIF ImageMale Symbol

References
01  ^  There Is A School In Spanish Harlem, CBS Evening News, Sunday, June 24, 2001
(Some articles from the Frontiersman)
02  ^  Elizabeth's Legacy, November 1999
03  ^  Hypocrisy about "Women's" Issues, August 1999
04  ^  Prescription for Disaster, April 1998
05  ^  Hootin' For Joy, June 1996
06  ^  Give Them an Inch and They Become Rulers, September 1995
07  ^  Female Taxonomy, September 1995
08  ^  Affirmative Distraction, August 1995
09  ^  Victim Factory, May 1995
10  ^  Penultimate Straw, April 1995
11  ^  Frankly My Dear...., January 1995
12  ^  Courting the Feminist Fatale, September 1994
13  ^  She Who Rides The Tiger...., June 1994
Letters to the Editor
dear sam a.m.III,
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagegood to see the june edition of frontiersman.  i quite like your views on things and totally agree with the statement 'the truth is within you'.  heres a poem i wrote some time back.  please consider it for publication in your newsletter.
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagegood wishes,

— sathyu;  bhopal, india

YES
Yes,
I am a rabid optimist
For me
Every tree that continues to stand
Every stream that continues to flow
Every child that runs away from home is an indication that the battle is not only on
It is being won.

You may tell me about the nuclear arms race
And all I can tell you is that an unknown child held my hand with love.

You will try to draw me into the plateau of practical life
Tell me that not only god but all the religious and irreligious leaders are dead
And all I can tell you is that across the forest
Lives a young man who calls the earth his mother.

You will give me the boring details of the rise of state power after every revolution
And all I can tell you is that in our tribe we still share our bread

You will reason with me
And I will talk nonsense like this
And because the difference between breathing and living life is the difference between reason and poetry
I will read poems to you
Poems full of optimism
Poems full of dreams
And maybe a poem better than this.

— Satinath Sarangi (Sathyu)

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFrom the Sambhavna (Possibility) Medical Clinic that provides free treatment to survivors of the december '84 union carbide gas disaster in bhopal, india and campaigns with survivors' organizations for justice and a better deal.

— www.bhopal.net
sambavna@bom6.vsnl.net.in

Re:  attachment in the 2001-06 newsletter

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt is a shame that criminals are read their rights while jurors are deliberately kept in ignorance.  The only reason I can think of for this bias is the criminal justice system needs the criminals, but does not need jurors, to justify its

July 2001
Page 2
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 frontiersman@ida.net

existence.  Like most bureaucracies, the criminal justice system actually creates the problems it pretends to solve.
— Sir James the Bold;  Sacramento, California

The following three letters are all in response to the Timothy McVeigh Memorial Issue.
— editor
15x5 Page Background GIF Image[Regarding the article Danforth's Folly, June 11, 2001 Frontiersman, page 4]  Danforth made it clear to any thinking person (a rarity) that his investigation was supposed to fail, by design.  In my opinion he was honest enough about it to make this known.  The rest was a smoke screen to prevent censure.  Working for the government does strange things to people with moral and ethical standards.  The way he made his announcement and its timing suggests that he had already been briefed on what he was expected to do and not to do during his time as a special counsel.  That he followed those instructions means his job with the government is more important to him than his moral and ethical standards.
— Sir James the Bold;  Sacramento, California

15x5 Page Background GIF Image.... I'm featuring this miscarriage of Justice about Tim in the coming issue (July~August) of <<T.A.>>.1  I already wrote once about it at the time of the events and My disgust for the system has not changed since...; — (Keep up the good work!)
— Peter;  Vankleek Hill, Ontario

Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHappened to be over a friend's house recently and noted a copy of Reader's Digest open;  it had an article glorifying a BATF agent, with the usual "righteousness".  What bothers me is not just the arrogance of the feds, but the sycophantry2 of too much of the populace, especially those who call themselves "conservative".
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThoughts?
— Joseph;  Burbank, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHere's a thought for you, straight out of Milam's Notes.
— editor
The right to armed revolution is one of the people's most basic rights.  It is the function for which the ballot is proxy, and is the final protection against creeping authority.  This right is sufficiently important that its attempted limitation by government is in itself cause for armed revolt.
— September 16, 1975

^ 
The Affiliate, 777 Barb Road, Vankleek Hill, On Kob 1RO, Canada
 ^ 
sycophantry — fawning over people in power.  Pretty much the state of affairs among too many Americans, alas.
— Joseph
Bulwer-Lytton Contest Results
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Steve, of Fremont, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThese are the 10 winners of this year's Bulwer-Lytton contest, wherein one writes only the first line of a really bad novel.  (Victorian author Edward George Bulwer-Lytton is famous — or infamous — for writing the novel that began, "It was a dark and stormy night.")
10.     As a scientist, Throckmorton knew that if he were to ever break wind in the echo chamber, he would never hear the end of it. 
09.     Just beyond the Narrows, the river widens. 
08.     With a curvaceous figure that Venus would have envied, a tanned, unblemished oval face framed with lustrous thick brown hair, deep azure blue eyes fringed with long black lashes, perfect teeth that vied for competition, and a small straight nose, Marilee had a beauty that defied description.
07.     Andre, a simple peasant, had only one thing on his mind as he crept along the East wall:  "Andre creep" ... "Andre creep" ... "Andre creep".
06.     Stanislaus Smedley, a man always on the cutting edge of narcissism, was about to give his body and soul to a back-alley sex-change surgeon to become the woman he loved.
05.     Although Sarah had an abnormal fear of mice, it did not keep her from "eeking" out a living at a local pet store.
04.     Stanley looked quite bored and somewhat detached, but then penguins often do.
03.     Like an overripe beefsteak tomato rimmed with cottage cheese, the corpulent remains of Santa Claus lay dead on the hotel floor.
02.     Mike Hardware was the kind of private eye who didn't know the meaning of the word fear, a man who could laugh in the face of danger and spit in the eye of death — in short, a moron with suicidal tendencies.

AND THE WINNER IS:

01.     The sun oozed over the horizon, shoved aside the darkness, crept along the greensward, and, with sticky fingers, pushed through the castle window, revealing the pillaged princess, hand at throat, crown asunder, gaping in frenzied horror at the sated, sodden amphibian lying beside her, unable to comprehend the magnitude of the frog's deception, screaming madly, "You lied!"10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

frontiersman@ida.net Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
July 2001
Page 3

Frontiersman 
479 E.  700 N. 
Firth, Idaho 83236 

Oppose the tyranny
of the
U.S. government.
Any means is
justified.
Flag

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat do you think of muslin for clothing? 
— Seamstress
Dear Seamstress
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI guess they dress that way because of their religion, especially the women.

Acknowledgments
•     My thanks to Sir John the Generous http://www.jwebster.com/ and Sir Donald the Elusive for their contributions.
•     My thanks to The Affiliate, of Vankleek Hill, Ontario, http://www.the-grand-barn.com/, and The Thought, of Glendale, Arizona, http://home.att.net/~guildmaster/wsb for printing reviews of the Frontiersman.

— editor

Actual Writings on Hospital Charts
Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Sir Donald the Elusive
•     Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.
•     Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.
•     The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.
•     The patient was to have a bowel resection.  However, he took a job as a stock broker instead.
•     The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.
•     Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Blank, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.
•     Large brown stool ambulating in the hall.
•     Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You may also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I accept cash and U.S. postage stamps.  I will accept checks or money orders only by prior arrangement.  I don't accept anything that will smell bad by the time it arrives or anything that requires me to provide ID or a signature to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I'm sure you get the idea. 
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

July 2001
Page 4
Frontiersman, 479 E. 700 N., Firth, Idaho  83236
 frontiersman@ida.net

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue