15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, May 2006
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
A Crisis of Our Own Making
C. Victor Gabriel
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMany scientists, scholars, and the more careful thinkers believe that new diseases of the last 60 or so years, Bird Flu, SARS, AIDS, etc. are, indirectly at least, the end result of human activities and of our relationships with animals.  There is, for an example, a direct link between Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (Mad Cow Disease) and its human counterpart, Creutzfeldt-Jokob Disease.  Moreover, it is clear that Foot and Mouth Disease is a direct consequence of "Feed Lotting".  In the mad pursuit of maximizing profits, factory farming has become the prime method of operation.  We need not dwell upon the barbaric cruelties in egg production or, even more so, on the production of veal.  Sadly, cruelty to animals is of concern to only a relatively small portion of humankind.  Many hold that God gave us the right to torture, maim, and slaughter animals at our pleasure.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHowever, H5N1 (Bird Flu) is a result of alterations in the environment induced through the greedy, arrogant activities of the "Civilized Ape".  The defilement of the air, land, and water;  the denuding of the earth of its natural resources;  and the burgeoning expansion of population has placed enormous strains on nature, bringing humankind into ever closer contact with wild animals.  It is, in fact, the overweening conceit, the shameless greed, and perhaps most of all, the egregiously wanton hedonism (especially in the "advanced" nations) that is inexorably heading humanity toward self-destruction.  Moreover, the incessant competition for markets has been the source of much of the turmoil in the world.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe greatest challenge facing humanity is the achievement of peace and justice for all of Earth's inhabitants.  This necessitates, of course, developing the moral courage and the moral integrity to re-examine our narrow paradigms and the primitive superstitions that constantly keep humankind at one another's throats.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWe must put and end to the pernicious "We'ns are better than they'ns" mentality which pervades the psyche of so much of humanity and unite in a genuine fellowship of humankind.  Let us become explorers seeking new, better, and more workable answers.  Let us expand our horizons, raise our consciousness, and reach for the stars.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWe now stand upon the very threshold of a bright new world of peace and justice for all of Earth's inhabitants.  The door is ajar.  All that we need to do is to push it open, step through, and close it forever on hate, bigotry, superstition, and fear.  At the same time, we stand upon a precipice, ready to plunge into an abyss.  Either we pull ourselves out of the quagmire of the archaic and degrading superstitions, the breeding ground of hate, violence, and war, or we step over the edge into the abyss.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe booklet The Peace Making Essays Of C. Victor Gabriel is available from The Step Beyond, P.O. Box 1293, Jerome, Arizona 86331.  Inquire at that address to find out how to get a copy.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageEditor's Note — I don't necessarily agree with everything presented in The Peace Making Essays Of C. Victor Gabriel.  However, I believe that we should each have a right to our opinions and to our differences.  We shouldn't allow our differences to prevent us from working together in our areas of agreement.  We should support one another in our efforts to prevent the various kinds of repressive reformers in the world from using government and religion as tools to repress each of us, one by one.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use frontiersman@pharos.pricelesshost.net.

May 2006 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
frontiersman@pharos.pricelesshost.net
 Also see Pharos at http://pharos.pricelesshost.net.
              Page 1

Wifeless In Arizona
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack in June of 1969, when I married my first wife, I was a confirmed feminist.  I'd been raised as a feminist.  I was young and I believed what the adults told me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSometime in the early 70s, my wife and I decided to take a welding class at a local community college.  We were both equally annoyed when the crotchety old geezer who taught the class lectured on the impropriety of female welders.  He thought that they'd be injured by lifting the tanks.  We both passed the class.  After that, she completely lost interest in welding.  She had done as well in the class as I had.  She could have joined me in selecting and purchasing welding equipment.  She could have accompanied me into my shop and done a bit of welding.  She didn't.  She just wasn't interested any more.  At the time, I didn't recognize the significance of such an attitude in a woman.  Today, it's obvious.  The agenda isn't education.  It's intrusion.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSeveral years later, we adopted my first daughter, who was three months old at the time.  Being so young, she was "undamaged" by vicious gender stereotyping.  We both agreed to avoid imposing any gender stereotype on the child.  One part of our strategy was reflected in the toys that we provided.  The child got both dolls and trucks.  We didn't make any attempt to influence her choice of toys.  Nevertheless, she generally played with the dolls and mostly ignored the trucks.  We didn't make her do it.  She just had a preference.  I began to ponder what I'd been taught about "stereotyping".
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOne data point isn't much of a database but, when I started taking my daughter to the park, I had an opportunity to observe other children at play.  One thing that I noticed had to do with the ducks.  Little girls would hold out food and try to lure the ducks close enough to feed them out of their hands.  Nobody made them do it.  They were just gentle-natured and nurturing.  The little boys would lurk nearby and, when the ducks were close enough, the little boys would throw sticks and rocks at the ducks.  Nobody forced the little boys to do it.  They just had an attitude.  That really set me to pondering.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThroughout the subsequent years of my employment, my feminism eroded.  The main force in the process was the women themselves.  If they had ever shown more interest in gender equality and less interest in using their gender as a tool of manipulation, then things might have been different.  Even if they had, the men would never have perceived them as equals.  No matter what policies were advocated, the women would have been attractive and the men would have been aggressive.  It’s our nature.  Women are women, men are men, and nothing is going to change that.  By the time that I dropped out of the workplace, my feminism was mostly gone.  I had learned that gender equality is fiction and that the idea of sexual equality plumbs the depths of stupidity.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI don't know what's happened to feminism in the workplace during the subsequent 20 years of my unemployment.  I hear hints, bits and pieces, but I'm out of that situation.  I have the impression that feminism, at least the name, has fallen somewhat into bad odor lately.  I've even noticed that some men are actually developing sufficient backbone to publicly proclaim, as if for the first time, things that I've been putting into print for about 20 years in this newsletter and elsewhere.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOutside of the workplace, I still encounter the influence of the feminists.  Even those women who adamantly deny being feminists object only to the name.  They still adhere to the behavior.  Of course, denial has always been a hallmark of the feminist movement.  Anyway, just try calling the woman who heads the city council a chairman and see what happens.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo, here I am, living in splendid solitude, no "relationships", no women in the house, and (thankfully) the neighbor ladies are all keeping their distances.  My feminism is long dead, gone these many years.  Happily, its eventual cure included a lifelong immunity.  A successful cure is permanent.  That isn't to say that I'll necessarily avoid "relationships" for the rest of my life.  Of course, I have developed a definite preference for the kind of woman who knows how and when to keep her mouth shut.  That considered, maybe I'll stay alone after all.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageMale Symbol
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

Page 2  Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 May 2006

Letters to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRegarding the article Remote Possibility, a more plausible theory is that the passenger planes were redirected elsewhere and replaced by military planes that were enhanced for the purpose.  The reports of the lack of windows, pods on the underbelly, and the programmed performance limits being exceeded all seem to validate this theory.
— Sir James The Bold
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn the article "Remote Possibility" (April 2006, pages 2 and 3), I didn't express an opinion regarding the fate of the airplanes.  I only expressed the belief that they had been remotely hijacked.  However, in my article "Abuses and Usurpations" (February 2006, pages 2 and 3), I demonstrated that the Pentagon wasn't hit by an airplane.  That key fact validates all of the subsequent suspicions.  That's why I published that article first.  Anybody can do the arithmetic.  We had four hijacked airplanes.  Two airplanes hit the World Trade Center.  One airplane crashed in Pennsylvania.  That equals three airplanes.  The fact that there is a missing fourth airplane is enormously significant.  It is proof that at least one airplane was redirected elsewhere and landed safely at an undisclosed location.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMuslims inside of the missing fourth airplane might have had a motive to crash it, even if they couldn't get to an intended target.  However, they wouldn't have had a motive to land it and then hide the fact.  Therefore, it's unlikely that the missing airplane was hijacked by Muslims inside of the airplane.  Once we accept that possibility for the missing airplane, then the fate of the other airplanes necessarily comes into question.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSir James the Bold suggested that the hijacked airplanes were redirected and landed at undisclosed locations.  It seems likely.  I've reached that same conclusion.  My article "Remote Possibility" demonstrated that it could have been done remotely.
— editor

Hi Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageJust read your article in the online Frontiersman for April 2006 AD about the remote controlling of the 'hijacked' aircraft.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI remember watching a series from US TV shown here in Australia called "The Smoking Gun".  It concerned a group of three geeks publishing a small newspaper exposing conspiracies perpetrated by the US government.  They uncovered a plot every week, and usually managed to foil the dastardly actions at the obligatory last minute.  Not a bad little show.1
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt seems to have disappeared now, and all reference to it on the Net has also vanished.  Probably due to the last show I saw which aired here about a week before Sept. 11 and had as its plot the exact same scenario you have described in your article.  The perpetrators in the show were the CIA, and reasons given for the action was to create outrage against 'terrorists' and gain lots of extra funding.2
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLooks like it worked in real life.  It certainly did for our local Intelligence agencies a few years back when there was a small bomb outside the Sydney Hilton Hotel.  The Ananda Marg were blamed, agencies got extra funding and all was swept neatly under the carpet.  And the campaign against human rights/privileges was stepped up another notch.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageKeep up the good work
— Kate;  Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWith the breakdown of the former Soviet empire America has lost its example of what not to be, and is rapidly becoming that which it despised.
— Jase (Appended to Kate's Message)
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRegarding Jase’s comment, I recommend my article “War of Words”, on page 2 of the December 1994 issue.
— editor

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI recommend visiting the "Physics911.net" web-site (particularly the "Missing Wings" section).  It is put together by Engineers and Scientists analyzing and refuting the "Official" Explanations.  For example they show the side of the Pentagon with a overlay of the Boeing 757 aircraft and compare the difference in the structural damage that would have been done.
— John Webster;  Santa Clara, California

Old Timers' Lore
Overheard by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSize Matters — Marry a large woman.  She'll keep you warm in the winter and provide shade in the summer.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHard Work — Horses sweat.  Men perspire.  Women glow.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

^ 
It sounnds a lot like The Lone Gunmen, a spin-off of The X-Files.  The Lone Gunmen was an excellent show that didn't last very long.
— editor
 ^ 
If any of you have a copy of that particular episode on videocassette, then I'd really like to borrow it and make a copy for myself.  I can use only the NTSC format of VHS videocassettes.
— editor

May 2006 Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
              Page 3

Frontiersman 
1510 North 22nd Drive
Show Low, Arizona   85901 

Government is a good
example of Man's
inhumanity to Man.
Religion is another.
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  Sir James the Bold;  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  Tom, of Redwood City, California;  Sir Donald the Elusive;  and CVG, of Jerome, Arizona.
— editor

Buck Hunter Shoots Off His Mouth
Dear Buck
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI appreciate your advice last month.  I'm ready for my first wilderness hike.  Do you have any more good advice?

— Dropping Out
Dear Dropping Out
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf you get lost, remember that satellite dishes mostly point south.

New Office Slang
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Lord Jeffrey the Studious
• Blamestorming — A group discussion of why a deadline was missed or a project failed and who was responsible.
• Body Nazis — Hard-core exercise and weight-lifting fanatics who look down on anyone who doesn't work out obsessively.
• Bookmark — To take note of a person for future reference.  "After seeing his cool demo at Siggraph, I bookmarked him."
• CGI Joe — A hard-core CGI script programmer with all of the social skills and charisma of a plastic action figure.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, print REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER above your name and address, cross out your name and address, and return the newsletter.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.  You can also cancel by letter, e-mail, carrier pigeon, or any other method that gets the message to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBack Issues — Back issues or extra copies of this newsletter are available upon request.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  Please note that I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words, but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.  I give credit for all items printed unless the author specifies otherwise.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you care to make a voluntary contribution, you may do so.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I prefer cash, U.S. postage stamps, prepaid telephone cards, and so forth.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use frontiersman@pharos.pricelesshost.net.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody is curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4  Frontiersman, 1510 North 22nd Drive, Show Low, Arizona  85901
 May 2006

Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue