15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, July 2010
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Dare to Call it Tyranny
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLiberty follows from the operation of certain fundamental principles.  When those principles are in operation, then liberty exists.  When those principles are not in operation, then liberty doesn't exist.  A few of the principles are mentioned in the schools, by name only, but the students are not given any actual information about them or any actual understanding of them.  On the contrary, the students are told that such principles as are actually mentioned are the hallmark of America.  The confusion that's created by such misinformation is an ingredient of the brainwashing that is the main achievement  of the schools.1
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSeekers of liberty are left to their own resources to discover and to understand the fundamental principles of liberty.  Over the years, I've sought to identify and to understand those principles.Thomas Jefferson Quote  I've discovered some of them.  I don't claim to have discovered all of them but I've acquired an understanding of those that I've discovered.  In this article, I've presented the principles of which I'm aware.  After the statement of each such principle, I've provided some examples.  My examples are not exhaustive.  Many other examples exist.
A Principle:  Cause of Action — There isn't a cause of action until some harm is done.  A man cannot legitimately be prosecuted for something that he might do.  Prosecution cannot legitimately be based on speculation.  It legitimately can be based only on consequences.

Drunk Driving — A man cannot legitimately be prosecuted merely for driving drunk because driving drunk, in and of itself, is harmless.  Harm is caused by wrecks, not by driving drunk.  It isn't possible to prove that a man will ever cause a wreck merely because of driving drunk.  He might drive drunk for his entire life and never cause a wreck.  Prosecution cannot legitimately be based merely on possibilities but only on actual consequences.
Conspiracies — A man cannot legitimately be prosecuted merely for planning to do something because, in and of itself, a plan is harmless.  Harm is caused by actions, not by plans.  It isn't possible to prove that a man will ever actually do something merely because he planned it.  He might spend his entire life making plans and never actually cause any harm.  Prosecution cannot legitimately be based on speculation but only on consequences.
A Principle:  Obligation — There isn't any obligation under duress.  If a man is compelled by force or by the threat of force to make an agreement that he didn't want to make, then the agreement isn't binding upon him.  If a man is compelled by force or by the threat of force to do something that he didn't want to do, then he cannot be held responsible for any consequences of his action.
Child Support Payments — If a man is compelled by force or by the threat of force to agree to make child support payments, then he doesn't have any obligation to make the payments.  He cannot legitimately be prosecuted for declining to make the payments.
Tax Returns — If a man is compelled by force or by the threat of force to file a tax return, then he doesn't have any obligation to file either a truthful return or a complete return.  Indeed, he doesn't have any obligation to file any return at all.
A Principle:  Presumption of Innocence — A man must be presumed innocent.  He doesn't have to prove his innocence.
Paternity Accusations — A man accused of paternity who denies the accusation
Arrow

^ 
Enemies of Liberty, February 2004 issue, page 1

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution. I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.my3website.net.

July 2010 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 1

must be presumed to not be the father.  He cannot legitimately be presumed to be the father.  He must be presumed innocent.
Background Checks — A man suspected of some past behavior that disqualifies him from something, who denies the accusation, must be presumed to have not engaged in the behavior.  He cannot legitimately be presumed to have engaged in the behavior.  He must be presumed innocent.
A Principle:  Burden of Proof — If someone believes that a man is guilty of something, then the accuser must prove it without the man's help.  The accuser, not the accused, must bear the burden of proof.  A man doesn't have to do anything or to say anything that might help the accuser to prove his guilt.
Traffic Violations — If a cop believes that a motorist is driving drunk, or without a driver's license, or without car insurance, or without vehicle registration, or in a stolen vehicle then the cop must prove the matter himself.  The motorist doesn't have to provide any information that might help the cop to prove his guilt.  The cop must bear the burden of proof.  If the cop can't prove the accusation without the motorist's help, then he has to let the motorist go.
Lie Detector Testing — If someone believes that a man is lying, then the accuser must prove it without the man's help.  The accuser, not the accused, must bear the burden of proof.  A man doesn't have to take a lie detector test, or submit to any other lie detection technique, that might help the accuser to prove that he's lying.  Any such accusation must be proven by the accuser, without the help or the cooperation of the accused man.
A Principle:  Self Incrimination — A man doesn't have to provide information that might be used against him.  His refusal to provide such information cannot be used against him.
DNA Testing — A man doesn't have to take a DNA test that might prove that he's the source of any particular blood, hair, sperm, etc.  His refusal to take such a test cannot be used to allege that he is the source of the blood, hair, sperm, etc.
Drug Testing — A man doesn't have to take a drug test that might prove that he's using illegal drugs.  His refusal to take such a drug test cannot be used to allege that he's using illegal drugs.
A Principle:  Silence — An accused man doesn't have to provide any information at all, whether or not the information might be used against him.  That's what it means to remain silent.  His refusal to provide information cannot be used against him.
DNA Testing — A DNA test reveals information.  Therefore, a man doesn't have to submit to any DNA test at all, whether or not the test results might be used against him.  His refusal to submit to such a test cannot be used against him.
Lie Detector Testing — A lie detector test reveals information.  Therefore, a man doesn't have to submit to any lie detector test at all, whether or not the results of the test might be used against him.  His refusal to submit to such a test cannot be used against him.
Drug Testing — A drug test reveals information.  Therefore, a man doesn't have to submit to any drug test at all, whether or not the results of the test might be used against him.  His refusal to submit to such a test cannot be used against him.
Background Checks — A background check reveals information.  Therefore, a man doesn't have to submit to any background check at all, whether or not the results of the background check might be used against him.  His refusal to submit to such a background check cannot be used against him.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnyone who reads the examples can easily determine that the fundamental principles of liberty are not in operation in the USA.
• Action is often initiated against people who haven't caused any harm.  The outrageous idea of crime prevention has become pervasive and has been used to excuse almost limitless intrusion and surveillance.  Prosecutions for drunk driving are an obvious example.
• People are routinely compelled into agreements that they don't want to make.  The so-called obligations that result are not legitimate obligations but they're enforced anyway, by any means that the government wants to use.  Child support payments are a common example.
Arrow

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution. I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

Page 2 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  July 2010

• There isn't any such thing as a presumption of innocence in the USA.  On the contrary, in every instance of so-called modern life, men are presumed to be guilty of something in whatever situation is being contemplated.  Background checks provide an example in which the government goes fishing for presumed violations.
• In every accusation, the accused bears a burden of proof.  Allegations of child molestation, in which it is nearly impossible to prove innocence, are particularly notorious in that regard.
• Men are always forced to provide information that will be used against them.  The outrageous requirement of DNA testing in paternity cases provides an example.
• No one is ever permitted to remain silent.  Any method that the authorities desire will be used in order to induce a man to disclose information.  Consider the debates, in recent years, of what does or doesn't constitute torture and whether or not it can be legitimately used.  Plenty of testimony exists that torture is routinely used whether or not it's regarded as legitimate.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt has been a long time since the U.S. government feared the people, if it ever did.  On the other hand, fear of the government by the people is pervasive.  Thus the conditions described by Thomas Jefferson are satisfied.  It's easy to arrive at the unavoidable conclusions.  There isn't any liberty.  There's a lot of tyranny.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Don't feel sorry for the police.  Their job is supposed to be difficult. Otherwise, you're living in a police state.
—Wednesday, August 28, 1974, Milam's Notes

Comeuppance
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI don't usually watch the news but, on Wednesday, June 16, 2010, I was in a room where somebody else was doing so.  While I was there, I saw a short video clip that showed a cop and some women in a scuffle.  The cop hit one of the women with his fist.  The woman who was presenting the news program seemed to believe that it was a big deal.  Generally, I regard all cops as gestapo thugs.  On the other hand, women have whined like dentist's drills for decades about the alleged injustice of double standards.  They've forced their way into every possible male situation, demanding equal treatment.  Equality was never their objective but it was always their excuse.  So, I had mixed feelings about the incident.  Should I condemn it as police brutality or as feminist arrogance?  I thought about it for a while and perceived something good in the incident.  That is, the incident gave me an opportunity to use against the feminists one of their most hackneyed clichés.  It's annoying when they sneer and use it against men and now I get to use it against them.  That's a good thing.  Ready?  Here it comes.  "Things have changed!  Get used to it!"  Ain't equality a bitch?  Nowadays, a woman can take a punch same as a man.  Wooohooo!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAs Lisa Simpson noted after the schoolyard bullies hung Bart by his shorts from a basketball hoop, "Ain’t it strange how, sometimes, two wrongs do make a right?"10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Letter to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou wrote:  "I learned at an early age to do as I was told.  When I was told to go to school, I went to school.  When I was told to get a driver's license, I got a driver's license.  When I was told to get a Social Security number, I got a Social Security number.  When I was told to register for the draft, I registered for the draft."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYeah, but when you were told to shut up — you never did that! — :) :) :) :)  I wonder how many similar emails you are going to get on that one.  You got Facebook?
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagesad
—Carolyn, of Sierra Vista, Arizona
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Question Everything:  Fingerprints
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo far as I'm aware, the idea that no two fingerprints are identical is only a theory.  It hasn't ever been proven.  Indeed, the only way that it could be proven is by the comparison of every fingerprint in the world to every other fingerprint in the world with the result that no two of them are identical.  Short of such a comparison, the idea is only an unproven theory, mere speculation.  Even if such a comparison was made, it would become obsolete after the birth of the next child.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSince fingerprints cannot be proven to be unique, they cannot legitimately be used as proof of identity or as evidence to convict somebody of something.  Don't unquestioningly believe the authorities.  Don't accept authority as truth.  Insist on truth as authority.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

July 2010 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 3

Frontiersman 
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507 

In general, the art of government consists of taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other.
—Voltaire (1764)
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  my mother;  Dewey and Betty;  FL, of Delano, California;  and Eric, of Ione, California. 
— editor
Court Quotes
From Humor in the Court and More Humor in the Court, by Mary Louise Gilman, editor of the National Shorthand Reporter.  Forwarded by Don G.
Q: Were you present when your picture was taken?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Tough Language
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
• I shed a tear when I saw the tear in my clothes.
• The buck does funny things when the does are present.
• The dump was so full that it had to refuse the refuse. 10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Puns
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by David, of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
• I used to work in a blanket factory, but it folded.
• I used to be a lumberjack but I just couldn't hack it so they gave me the ax.
• If electricity comes from electrons, does that mean that morality comes from morons?
• A man needs a mistress just to break the monogamy.
• Marriage is the mourning after the knot before.
• Corduroy pillows are making headlines.
• Is a book on voyeurism a peeping tome?
• Dancing cheek-to-cheek is really a form of floor play.
• Banning the bra was a big flop.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubscriptions and Back Issues — Printed copies of this newsletter, either subscriptions or back issues, are available by application only.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, then return it unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash, prepaid telephone cards, or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.my3website.net.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc. 
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.

Page 4  Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  July 2010

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue