15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, August 2012
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
An Excerpt From Telephones
from Surveillance, by Wikipedia
Downloaded Friday, February 3, 2012
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe official and unofficial tapping of telephone lines is widespread.  In the United States for instance, the Communications Assistance For Law Enforcement Act (CALEA) requires that all telephone and VoIP communications be available for real-time wiretapping by Federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies....  Two major telecommunications companies in the U.S.A. — AT&T and Verizon — have contracts with the FBI, requiring them to keep their phone call records easily searchable and accessible for Federal agencies, in return for $1.8 million dollars per year....  Between 2003 and 2005, the FBI sent out more than 140,000 "National Security Letters" ordering phone companies to hand over information about their customers' calling and Internet histories.  About half of these letters requested information on U.S. citizens....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHuman agents are not required to monitor most calls.  Speech-to-text software creates machine-readable text from intercepted audio, which is then processed by automated call-analysis programs, such as those developed by agencies such as the Information Awareness Office, or companies such as Verint, and Narus, which search for certain words or phrases, to decide whether to dedicate a human agent to the call....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLaw enforcement and intelligence services in the United Kingdom and the United States possess technology to remotely activate the microphones in cell phones, by accessing phones' diagnostic/maintenance features, in order to listen to conversations that take place near the person who holds the phone....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMobile phones are also commonly used to collect location data.  The geographical location of a mobile phone (and thus the person carrying it) can be determined easily (whether it is being used or not), using a technique known as multilateration to calculate the differences in time for a signal to travel from the cell phone to each of several cell towers near the owner of the phone....  A controversy has emerged in the United States over the legality of such techniques, and particularly whether a court warrant is required....  Records for one carrier alone (Sprint), showed that in a given year federal law enforcement agencies requested customer location data 8 million times....10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Revolutions
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe problem with revolutions is that, traditionally at least, they're organized movements.  Thus, they're bureaucracies.  They have chains of command.  They have leaders and followers.  The authority is at the top.  The leaders give the orders and the followers do as they're told.  Participation might be voluntary at first but it won't stay that way for long, especially if a revolution succeeds.  Any such revolutionary movement, if successful, will replace the previous government with a new government.  Any differences between the two governments, ultimately, will turn out to be a difference in name only.  If liberty is the goal, then organized revolutions are inherently a lost cause.  They succeed only in replacing one tyranny with another tyranny.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

The Disunited State of America
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThey misled us when, speaking of a revolutionary war, they said "United we stand.  Divided we fall."  In fact, united we merely constitute another bureaucracy.  We will accomplish nothing more than to create the next government.  Freedom, liberty, and rights, don't arise from legislatures, courts, armies, or documents.  Governments are not established to secure them.  On the contrary, governments are established to regulate them and, thereby, to destroy them.  Freedom, liberty, and rights are created and enforced when individuals exercise them.  The only legitimate form of revolution is personal.  It's an attitude and it must be a lifelong and unconditional commitment.  It doesn't exist between activists.  It exists between a person's ears.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.t15.org.
August 2012 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 1

South of the Border
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn May of 2012, I recorded an episode of UFO Files titled Mexico's Roswell.  Here's a story that was reported in that episode.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOn the evening of August 25, 1974, U.S. air defense personnel noticed an unidentified object moving northwest over the Gulf of Mexico.  The object was at an altitude of 75,000 feet and was moving at about 2,500 miles per hour.  Such flight performance suggested to them that it wasn't "one of ours".  They also decided that it wasn't a meteor because it was zigzagging and losing altitude in steps, instead of gradually, as a meteor would do.  The object was heading approximately toward Corpus Christi, Texas, but it turned west and crossed the coast into Mexico about 40 miles South of Brownsville, Texas.  U.S. air defense personnel continued to observe the object on radar.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen the object was near the Mexican town of Coyame, it disappeared from U.S. radar.  Meanwhile, Mexicans in the area reported a plane crash.  The next morning, a Mexican recovery team went to the area to investigate the reported crash.  Members of the team reported discovering the wreckage of a small airplane that had been in route from El Paso, Texas, to Mexico city.  Shortly thereafter, they also reported discovering a silvery colored disk-shaped craft about five feet thick and about 30 feet in diameter.  It appeared that the disk and the airplane had collided.  Mexican authorities quickly ordered radio silence on the matter.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageU.S. authorities, who'd been listening to Mexican communications, offered to send a team to assist the Mexicans with the recovery of the disk-shaped craft.  The Mexican authorities denied their possession of any such craft and claimed that they had only the wreckage of a small airplane.  They proceeded to load the disk-shaped craft onto a truck.  Meanwhile, U.S. authorities kept a close watch, flying surveillance aircraft over the recovery team at low altitudes.  The Mexican recovery team headed south but U.S. authorities soon noticed that it had stopped and that the Mexicans appeared to be dead.  Speculation on the documentary was that the Mexicans had been killed by contact with some chemical or biological agent that was associated with the disk-shaped craft.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageShortly thereafter, a U.S. recovery team arrived from Ft. Bliss, Texas, complete with biohazard suits, three UH-1 Iroquois (Huey) helicopters, and one CH-53 Sea Stallion heavy-lift helicopter.  The documentary reported that they were in a big hurry and didn't have time to investigate the situation.  Instead, they removed the disk-shaped craft from the truck, hooked it to the Sea Stallion helicopter, and took it north into the U.S.  They pushed all of the trucks together, piled the dead Mexicans on top of them, and blew the whole thing up with high explosives.  The documentary actually went so far as to state that they did it to hide the evidence.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThat's the story, as told on the documentary.  Here's my interpretation of it.  The Mexicans on the recovery team weren't killed by anything that was associated with the disk-shaped craft.  They were killed by something that was dropped on them from one of the U.S. surveillance planes.  The U.S. recovery team arrived as quickly as it did because the deaths of the Mexicans had been expected.  Members of the U.S. recovery team were wearing biohazard suits when they arrived because they were aware of the lethal agent that had killed the Mexicans.  They were equipped with a CH-53 helicopter because it had been their intention from the beginning to steal the disk-shaped craft.  They were in a hurry because they wanted to be done and gone before any Mexican reinforcements arrived.  As reported in the documentary, they destroyed the Mexican equipment and the bodies of the Mexicans to hide or, at least, to contaminate the evidence.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe important thing about the report is that it lacked any hint of disapproval or even of surprise at the behavior of the U.S. forces.  The unprovoked invasion of a foreign country, the theft or destruction of material belonging to that country, and the callous desecration of the bodies of murdered citizens of that country were all reported as if such behavior by U.S. forces is entirely routine and expected.  This would be a good time to read my essay Unnamed Agency, available on Pharos, and my article Gone But Not Forgotten, in the December 2011 issue of this newsletter.  If any of you still have any doubts about the attitudes toward Americans of people in other countries, or why so-called terrorists might want to attack or kill Americans, then ponder such behavior as was reported, without even so much as a raised eyebrow, in Mexico's Roswell, on UFO Files.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
Page 2 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  August 2012

Letter to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm still trying to figure out the best way for me, personally, to abandon government.  I'm determined to do so, but I want to go about it in a way that, if possible, doesn't drive me out of the job market.
—Donald;  Santa Clara, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHere are some thoughts about abandonment.  Ethically, if we refuse to support the government then we should also decline to accept benefits from it.  Abandonment should include both halves of the transaction.  Divesting oneself of government benefits is also important because those benefits always include conditions.  The government legislates monopolies in things that we need and then acquires jurisdictions over us when we apply to the government to receive those things.  Part of positioning yourself is to find other ways to accomplish things that have been legislated into government monopolies.  Consider the roads.  If you terminate your licenses then the government will try to prevent you from using the roads.  Doctrine exists by which the fraudulent nature of such restrictions can be demonstrated.  I suggest my essay Yield:  Right of Way.  It's available on Pharos.  Regarding other situations, such as the government monopoly on access to non-trivial medical treatment, I don't have the answers.  However, you can become better acquainted with some of the questions by reading my article Trapped by the Safety Net, on page 2 of the July 1998 issue.  Jobs, as you mentioned, are another issue.  Anything that isn't illegal requires one form or another of government permission.
—editor
Dear Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThanks for your prompt reply to my letter of June 18th.  It was indicative of good will and good character....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHe also told me a bit about your courageous resolve to live as a free man in this iniquitous system, which really means that you are existing and subsisting apart from it.  I admire your principled reclamation and retention of your status and I know a little about what that entails.  In this, our former republic, one is only really 'free' to freeze and starve, it would seem.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePlease do not think it presumptuous of me, but as one asserting his freedom in an unfree land, you are deserving of support, especially in view of the selfless work that you apparently do for others.  Accordingly, I am enclosing some frns to help you with expenses.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAlso, [name withheld] tells me that you have authored many essays.  In an effort to get to know you better, may I ask you to share one or two of them which you deem relevant at this juncture of our country's demise?  Also, and only if/when time allows, a bit about your background?
—Larry;  Dayton, Virginia
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThank you for the frns and for the encouragement.  Both are sorely needed.
—editor
Greetings Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF Image... thanks for another great (July) Frontiersman.  This is the first one in a long time that I felt contained predominantly content that was reminiscent of your greatest genius that you packed the issues of the earlier years, & some of your other writings I've read.  That's not to say the old ones tended to contain more of your greatest genius writings, but just that I have felt that way over the past 1-2 years — & it could just be me — not the content.  The more recent are still great;  just I have felt the older ones had more of the greatness....
—a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAt the end of this year, I will have completed 19 years of continuous publication of the Frontiersman.  A good many years ago, I finished writing most of what needed to be written.  Maybe you've noticed that most of my recent references to my own writing are to things that I wrote a long time ago.  Back in October of 2007, in an article titled Facing the Truth, I included this statement.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image... So, my work has been well done.  That it has been ignored isn't an indictment of the work, but of the people.  If I die without further accomplishment, then my life will nevertheless have been well spent.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI kind of like writing the newsletter so maybe I'll continue it for a while, just because I feel like doing it.  In that case, I'll publish issues when I'm pleased to do so.  Since the subscribers don't seem to care one way or the other, I might not concern myself with political relevance.  Maybe I'll just print whatever comes to mind.  I've mostly been doing that anyway but maybe, from now on, different things will come to mind.  Maybe I won't even bother.  I'm 61 years old and I can think of a lot of other things to do for pleasure during my remaining years ....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMaybe you noticed a difference.  Nobody else has mentioned it.
—editor

August 2012 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 3

Frontiersman 
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507 

15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePreventive medicine is acceptable.  Preventive legislation is intolerable.
—Thursday, July 27, 1995
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  my mother;  Dewey and Betty;  FL, of Represa, California;  and Larry, of Dayton, Virginia.
— editor
From the Philosophy of George Carlin
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Lady Jan the Voluptuous.
Where are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?
If the "black box" flight recorder is never damaged during a plane crash, why isn't the whole damn airplane made out of that stuff?
Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?
Be yourself.  No one else wants the job.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Useful Units of Measure
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by David, of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
The basic unit of laryngitis:  1 hoarsepower
Half of a large intestine:  1 semicolon10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Questions
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by David, of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Why is lemon juice mostly artificial ingredients but dishwashing liquid contains real lemons?
How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't grow in it?
Why buy a product that it takes 2000 flushes to get rid of?
Why do we wait until a pig is dead to "cure it"?
Why do we wash bath towels?  Aren't we clean when we use them?
Why do we put suits in a garment bag and put garments in a suitcase?
Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
Do Roman paramedics refer to IV's as "4's"?
What do little birdies see when they get knocked unconscious?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubscriptions and Past Issues — Printed copies of this newsletter, either subscriptions or past issues, are available by application only.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, then return it unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.t15.org.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor
Page 4  Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  August 2012

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue