PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Insert
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, February 2016
Maybe
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe NCIS episode SWAK provided an important lesson for people who seek such things.  The background for the episode began with a young woman named Sarah Lowell.  A hotel maid found Sarah tied naked to a bed in the Admiral's Bay Hotel, in Annapolis.  Sarah claimed to have been abducted and raped.  A dozen Naval Academy seniors, who were at the hotel the night of the assault, became suspects.  They were cleared by NCIS and the perpetrator was never caught.  Sarah's mother, Hannah Lowell, believed that the investigation had been a cover-up, intended to protect the Naval Academy from embarrassment.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThat background was revealed piecemeal during the episode, which began in the squad room when Anthony DiNozzo opened an envelope that emitted a small puff of white powder.  The powder turned out to be Y. pestis.  Anthony DiNozzo and Caitlin Todd were both in the near vicinity of the release and were placed in isolation.  Testing revealed that Kate hadn't been exposed, but that Tony had pneumonic plague.  The episode ended with Tony near to death.  It was a real cliff hanger.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageInvestigation revealed that the envelope had been sent by Hannah Lowell.  In addition to being Sarah's mother, Hannah was the CEO of Lowell Pharmaceuticals, a bioresearch firm that developed defenses against bioweapons.  Thus, she'd been able to steal the sample of Y. pestis and send it to NCIS.  It was a genetically modified strain that was immune to standard antimicrobials.  She'd left enough clues to insure that she'd be caught.  Her plan was to provide an allegedly effective vaccine in return for NCIS admitting to the cover-up.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHannah's attack on NCIS had been motivated by her outrage over Sarah's rape, and the cover-up.  Actually, Sarah hadn't been raped at all.  She and her paramour had been enjoying a tryst in the hotel room.  As a sort of joke, he left her tied to the bed while he went for hamburgers and shakes.  Sarah thought, at the time, that it was funny.  He was killed in a hit-and-run accident while crossing the street, and didn't return.  Sarah remained tied to the bed, naked, for two days before the maid discovered her.  Near the end of the episode, when Sarah learned what her mother had done, she was (as they say) smitten with remorse.  When she was questioned by Cassie Yates and Gibbs, the team leader, she told the truth.  Cassie asked, "Why did you say you were raped?"  Sarah answered, "I was tied naked to a bed.  What else could I tell my mother?"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSarah's lie set into motion the whole series of consequences.  Sarah's mother was tormented by Sarah's alleged abuse, and an imagined cover-up.  Several midshipmen were falsely accused and subjected to criminal investigations.  The integrity of Lowell Pharmaceuticals, a high-security research firm, was compromised.  Several NCIS agents were put at risk of exposure to pneumonic plague and were subjected to a lot of emotional stress.  Tony was infected and suffered horribly.  Sarah was tormented by guilt and continued to fabricate false claims of traumatic amnesia, to cover her lie.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFrom time immemorial, real people have behaved very much as did Sarah and her paramour, in SWAK.  In our real society, neither a mother nor a daughter would be capable of acknowledging, to the other, such behavior.  The reason is that the sin mongers have infected us with their ugly doctrines of sin and guilt.  They've imposed on us their filthy notions of obscenity, transforming human sexuality into something obscene.  They've even invented Hell, an imagined place of punishment for people who dare to disagree with them.  As I noted in Let No Man Put Asunder, in the December 2009 Frontiersman, their own Bible tells them that sexuality is God's image.  Even so, they cling to their filthy-minded notions.  It takes a long time to change such ideas but, if we start now, each of us trying to change his own attitudes then, maybe eventually, our descendants will be able to see themselves as good and beautiful.  Maybe they'll be able to enjoy their sexuality without shame or guilt.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
September 2017Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

Mockingbirds Are Endangered
Robert H. Outman, Prisoner P-79939
Written on January 2, 2016
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn an effort to awaken our social conscience to the evils of injustice, intolerance, vengeance, and hate, author Harper Lee wrote To Kill A Mocking Bird.  It's a classic novel set in the 1930's, published in 1960, and made into an Oscar winning movie in 1962.  In her novel, Lee chronicled the confluence of innocence and evil in the human condition.  She illustrated how evil flourishes when innocence is indifferent.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe 1930's lack of social conscience saw Tom Robinson, an innocent black man, convicted and executed for rape.  Boo Radley, a mentally challenged white man, was accused of being evil and malevolent because he was different.  The lack of a social conscience allowed fear and ignorance, evil's acolytes, to insure that evil would reign supreme.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFast forward to the 21st century.  Mockingbirds are endangered and evil is on steroids.  Police are shooting people like it's open season.  Justice refined hands out life sentences like parking tickets, and incarceration is so bountiful that, for the first time in history, prisons are listed on the stock exchange.  Human incapacitation is thought to be an $80,000,000,000 a year industry, or more, in the United States.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageUnder the tutelage of evil, fear is killing the mockingbirds of reason.  In the absence of reason, through the collective genius of those without a social conscience, who refine intolerance and retribution with a vengeance, the convict's debt to society can never be paid.  The internet assures electronic branding, prejudice, and unemployment, thereby guarantying an interminable cycle.  The prejudice and intolerance are so insufferable that parolees will re-offend, just to escape back into prison, trading one hell for another.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOne of those psychologically broken parolees is Peter, a California prisoner serving twelve years.  Peter describes rehabilitation as "Not as advertised, you ask for help, and they give you hate."   He has the same sentiment for the self-applauded parolee guidance program.  Like so many parolees, Peter ran into walls of prejudice and intolerance at every turn.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePeter saw two fellow parolees commit suicide, an act too familiar with California prisoners and parolees.  With no means of income, homeless, sleeping under cardboard, cold, and hungry, rather than commit suicide, Peter chose to rob a gas station for $34, knowing the act would send him back to prison.  Peter's story is all to common.  It's a shameful indictment of "rehabilitation."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFor further evidence, one only needs to see how the elderly are treated in prison.  Any person with a social conscience has to be brought to ad nauseam to see a jackbooted guard bullying and screaming at a frail old prisoner in a wheelchair.  In every sense of the word, this is state sanctioned elder abuse.  Civilized societies do not punish old men to death, yet thousands of old men and women wait for death in United States prisons.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOne of those thousands is Jerome, 79 yrs old, having served 18 years into a life sentence in California prisons.  Beyond being frail, old, and totally confined to a wheelchair, Jerome suffers from congestive heart disease.  His lungs are so weak from mesothelioma that he requires 24/7 oxygen, supplied by an oxygen generator.  Without AC power, it has to be recharged every two hours.  Problem prosthetics in his left hip give him constant pain, aggravated by advanced osteoarthritis.  A chronic blood clotting problem requires dangerously high doses of blood thinning medication.  Diabetes and medication demand close monitoring.  If this isn't enough, he was recently diagnosed with kidney cancer.  Clearly, Jerome isn't a threat to society and becomes less so every day, as he degenerates. Yet, California is going to punish him to death.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTo put Jerome and others like him into a social conscience perspective, most people can remember the bombing of the Pan American Airlines 747 over Lockerbee, Scotland, which killed 266 people.  The perpetrator was sentenced to life in prison, in Scotland.  While in prison, he developed prostate cancer, and received a compassion parole.  He walked out of prison and on to the plane taking him home, where he died a year later.  Jerome can't walk anywhere.  His health is worse than was that of the perpetrator of the Pan Am bombing, and although it shouldn't make a difference, his offense was less.  Do the moral math.  California doesn't have an ounce of compassion.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThose without a social conscience will ignore the facts and statistics, dismissing this article as disaffected.  Those who have a social conscience know the value of mockingbirds, and will step up, demanding change.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Page 2 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 September 2017

Letters to the Editor
Thanks, Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm looking forward to reading this month's Frontiersman.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI thought of you when I read that there is a new play on Broadway in New York.  It's titled "1984"!  So far it's getting pretty bad reviews.  Have you heard of it?  I wonder if it's a musical.
—Tom, in Redwood City, California
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI wasn't aware of the play.  Wikipedia has a short article.  Here's the address.
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_(play)
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt seems unlikely to me that the entire story could be told in one play.  I expect that it's probably a short version of the story.
—editor
Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThank you for another look into the garbage can of life, our current American society.  Only through looking at and understanding a problem can we then do something useful to modify or eliminate it.  I read a large number of publications each month to learn the newest disinformation techniques, which appear to be inexhaustible.  In fact, one group which spreads lies actually contradicts other groups which spread different lies on the same topic.  There's no end in sight 'cause people like you who have no agenda other than revealing the truth are defiled and ridiculed and put down again and again.  Your long-time commitment to telling the truth is incredible and memorable.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI was happy to see the Additional Suggested Reading list [August issue, page 2].  It's unfortunate that sources and prices are not listed 'cause many of us would like to read more than the monthly pub.  Would you devote a future space in Frontiersman to this information, please?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSincerely,
—James, in Ione, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMahatma Gandhi was reportedly asked what he thought of Western civilization.  He reportedly replied, "I think it would be a good idea."  I'm careful to refer to American society, but never to American civilization.  Most human societies, maybe all human societies, have been little more than quiescent mobs.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy articles and essays are free.  The HTML versions of the newsletter provide links to my items, when I refer to them.  Those items are available on my websites to anyone who has internet access.  I might be able to send printed copies of some of the shorter items, depending on the expense involved.
—editor
Dear Sam:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe U.S. seems to be swamped by irrationality.  As usual, protesters are fixated on superficial symbols (such as statues) and are blind to the fact that these (and similar objects) are merely products of a psychic situation that can't be altered by force or violence.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOn a different but related topic — When I used to do my radio show, I would sometimes try to get my guests or co-hosts to define what they meant when they used the word "right" in a political context.  Most of them had very vague ideas of what the word really meant.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI think that the concept of "rights" has become bankrupt in our political culture.  I think that the time has come to invent a new set of concepts with which to structure our political activism.  What do you think?
—Sir Donald
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf you ask someone for a definition of rights, then he'll probably give you a list, not a definition.  The things in the list will be privileges, not rights.  Such a person doesn't know the difference between a right and a privilege.  He doesn't know the difference between a list and a definition.  He doesn't even recognize his own ignorance.  The schools are largely to blame.  When free public education becomes mandatory public education, then education becomes brainwashing.  See Enemies of Liberty, in the April 2011 issue of this newsletter, on page 2.   Compare the schools today to the way that Joseph Goebbels did things in Germany.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI provided a definition of rights in The Ravings of a Mad Man.  It's available on Pharos.  I addressed the various things to which people incorrectly refer as rights in Rights Galore.  It's available in the May 2010 issue of this newsletter.  I commented on people's haphazard use of our language in Milam's Dictionary of Distinctions, Differences, and Other Odds and Ends.  It's available in The Sovereign's Library.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRegarding the new set of concepts that you suggested, I recommend The Principles of Liberty.  They’re not new but they’re in new condition.  They’ve scarcely been used.  See either Pharos or The Sovereign’s Library
—editor
Test Your Knowledge of Classical Music
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWho wrote Pachelbel's Canon in D?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker, what did the dancers depict during the Waltz of the Flowers?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn what key did Bach write his Toccata and Fugue in D minor?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
September 2017Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen they said "Two can live as cheaply as one." what they really meant was, "A man and his wife can live as cheaply as their teenage daughter."
—Sam Aurelius Milam, Jr.
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Betty;  Eric, of Ione, California;  and Donald, of Santa Clara, California.
— editor
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Questions
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDo people in Australia call the rest of the world "up over"?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy is it that night falls but day breaks?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy is it that lemon juice is made with artificial flavor and dish washing liquid is made with real lemons?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Blonde Jokes
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat do you get when you offer a blonde a penny for her thoughts?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA one-penny refund.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat's the difference between a blonde with P.M.S. and a terrorist?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou can negotiate with the terrorist.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow do you keep a blonde busy for hours?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWrite, "Place this side down" on both sides of a piece of paper.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy didn't the blonde dial nine-eleven?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBecause there wasn't a button for 11 on the telephone.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow do you confuse a blonde?
A: 15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou don't need to.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow does a blonde balance her check book?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOn the end of one finger, but on her nose if she's really good at it.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvailability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  Funding for this newsletter is from sources over which I don't have any control, so it might become necessary for me to terminate these offers or to cancel one or more subscriptions at any time, without notice.  All past issues are presently available at the address shown below.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby given to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.org.uk.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 September 2017

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue