PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Insert
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, February 2016
And That's the Way It Is
Sam Aurelius Milam III
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed.  If you read the newspaper, you're misinformed.
—Mark Twain
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI grew up not paying much attention to the news.  In retrospect, I can appreciate some of the journalism that happened back then, such as the March 9, 1954 report on Joseph McCarthy, by Edward R. Murrow.  Eventually, I started to pay attention.  The war in Vietnam was an incentive.  Morley Safer's August 1965 report on a marine search and destroy mission in Cam Ne challenged people's opinions about the "good guys".    Walter Cronkite's February 1968 report, after the Tet Offensive, provided some important information about the state of the war.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWalter Cronkite retired from The CBS Evening News in March of 1981.  Along about then, news programs began to deteriorate into sensationalism and scare pieces, apparently intended to entertain us, to convince us that we can't survive without the government, and to attract sponsors.  Such honest reporting as might have been achieved in spite of the commercialization of the news was marginalized for the sake of compliance with accepted establishment policies and ideology.  By the 1990s, the news was so outrageously false that, after the 9/11 attacks of 2001, I stopped watching it entirely.  Today, somebody who doesn't watch the news might be uninformed but somebody who does watch it will certainly be disinformed.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNowadays, I watch some documentaries and, on rare occasions, an overseas news report.  I occasionally find myself in the vicinity of a television where somebody else is watching the news, and I have to tolerate it until I can leave.  I see bits and fragments of the news, while I'm waiting for some other program to start.  I see the blurbs, during the commercial breaks, when the ratings mongers try to entice me with the "breaking news", usually a wreck on the freeway, a robbery at a convenience store, or some outrageous example of police brutality in which the cops are presented as heroes.  None of it has given me any reason to change my decision.  I don't watch the news.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo far as I can tell, there's more useful information about the condition and direction of American society in dramas, reality shows, commercials, documentaries, and situation comedies, than there is on the news.  Even the screen saver pictures on my computer are as useful, and less deceptive.  As Walter Cronkite used to say, "... and that's the way it is...."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
An Excerpt from See It Now
A Report on Senator Joseph R. McCarthy
Edward R. Murrow, Tuesday, March 9, 1954
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNo one familiar with the history of this country can deny that congressional committees are useful.  It is necessary to investigate before legislating, but the line between investigating and persecuting is a very fine one, and the junior Senator from Wisconsin has stepped over it repeatedly.  His primary achievement has been in confusing the public mind, as between the internal and the external threats of Communism.  We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.  We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law.  We will not walk in fear, one of another.  We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men — not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis is no time for men who oppose Senator McCarthy's methods to keep silent, or for those who approve.  We can deny our heritage and our history, but we cannot escape responsibility for the result.  There is no way for a citizen of a republic to abdicate his responsibilities.  As a nation we have come into our full inheritance at a tender age.  We proclaim ourselves, as indeed we are, the defenders of freedom, wherever it continues to exist in the world, but we cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe actions of the junior Senator from Wisconsin have caused alarm and dismay amongst our allies abroad, and given considerable comfort to our enemies.  And whose fault is that?  Not really his.  He didn't create this situation of fear;  he merely exploited it — and rather successfully.  Cassius was right:  "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
May 2018 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

Letters to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagepunishments being meted out to all races equally, _
15x5 Page Background GIF Imageno_ 
—Carolyn
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageShe's referring to the letter from "a prisoner", on pages 1 and 2 of the April issue.
—editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageEvery month [name withheld] sends me a copy of Frontiersman along with an update on his case and current prison conditions.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI dunno who has a subscription.  Every issue gets passed around, [name withheld] sends it to me.  Any issue sent to prison libraries would be passed around and result in more subscriptions.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI like to know what sources say, but I am severely crippled by polio, and at 78, no longer fit enuf to do anything.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBut what I have done is relevant.  Back in the 1960s, fearing economic & political collapse of an incompetent corrupt system, I built a home hidden in the Ozark woods.  The property had a water fall, so I did sample digging of the water shed to see what floodwaters do, then built a dam and a waterwheel.  300 watts of 24/7 free electricity.  But the whole system was destroyed by a flash flood a few years later.  There was 6 foot of water on the courthouse square, which'd never happened since records began 130 years ago.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI soon bought my first solar panel.  I also bought fruit trees for an orchard.  However, that winter was so dry, despite being dormant and planted in November & December, they all died.  Ordinarily you could not start a forest fire in February with napalm.  The resulting wildfire burned my house down.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy point being that the history of weather is no longer useful in deciding how to develop a place or what to invest in.  I now live in a mobile home that can be towed away if conditions here look bad.  Every investment I do make always considers whether I can take it with.  I don't hear those I know still talk of a hidden Ozark hideaway in case civil order breaks down.  Anyone with a small drone can spot all the homesteads in a county in a couple days.  I've heard of Alaska and read they now grow potatoes, rye, and oats in the Yukon.  The priorities for a survivalist homestead have changed.
—D. B., of Clinton, Arkansas
Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF Image... have you seen on the news recently about the United Kingdom accusing Russia of poisoning Russian nationals on British soil?  To me, I would not at all be surprised if in reality it were the U.S. gov't doing these attacks to make Putin look suspect.  To me it makes zero sense for Putin to do this on the eve of his re-election.  It makes me wonder why the U.S. is stirring the pot so much.  I feel a large war is coming soon.  Our gov't has always used war to boost our economy and erase debts....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHave you noticed we have a huge number of veterans who have become defunct in society, and become homeless drug addict alcoholics?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm sure you are right, we have an un-named agency [referring to my essay Unnamed Agency, in the Sovereign's Library] who finds these men and uses them for nefarious purposes, mainly because if these men get caught, they aren't fruitful member of society, so who would believe them.  And even worse, what if they are so patriotic they would willingly take cyanide to cover up?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOne thing all these veterans share.  When they are no longer a soldier, they lack the guidance and structure the military provided, they have no one they feel they can talk to, so they fall into despair.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo, what if a black-ops un-named agency gave them a "mission" and direction.  Men like Oswald, McVeigh, Lake, Ng, etc...  Why wouldn't they accept, with glee, a way to get back into the folds of what they know, where things "make sense".
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnd it wouldn't be too far to see Claralyn Balasz as a "handler" of sorts.  We have lots of directionless women vets too.  Claralyn could be the "whisper" who directs and reports.  You know, I never gave a thought to if McVeigh were still alive.  Do you know, McVeigh was there in one of the pictures of Ruby Ridge, or Mt. Carmel.  I can't remember which, maybe both.  Are you proposing he might still be an active agent?  He certainly was young enough to be useful....
—a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTimothy McVeigh was given an injection.  We don't know what was in the syringe.  He lost consciousness.  We don't know that he died.  Any doctor who's sufficiently unethical to kill a man would also be sufficiently unethical to lie about not killing him.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe earliest known version of the Hippocratic Oath contains the statement, “Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course.”  A widely accepted 1964 version, and some other current versions as well, don't include that statement.  That's suspiciously convenient for the death penalty aficionados.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn the X-Files episode Unusual Suspects, Season 5, Episode 3, Susanne Modeski noted, “No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough."
—editor
Arrow

Page 2  Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 May 2018

Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF Image...Your April, 2018 Frontiersman was good.  As to the prisoner who wrote about Louisiana, when I was young, around 9 to 10 years old, we lived around Monroe and Lafayette.  I saw a granddaddy long legs that had a body as big as a grown man's fist, and stood 12" off the ground.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnd  your comments on the "Hays Code", a definite attempt on mind control.  Another thing comes to mind about movies along these lines.  To this day, it amazes me people think "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" is a true story.  So many people think because a movie says "based on a true story" actually means that.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHollywood did an experiment with movies, saying "true story" on totally fictitious movies.  It worked.  People are suckers and believe what they're told....
—a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDon't let the bastards get you down!
—Jim
of Adelanto, California
Greetings to you in solidarity. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHere's my new address.  I'll be here for about 6 months.  It's a new program.  Stuff is really getting ugly in here.  CDC has started mixing P.C. inmates & SNY inmates with main line inmates.  Be it most SNYs are okay.  Just not wanting to take part in main line politics.  There's some real pieces of shit they are mixing in also.  There's been fights and stabbings every day since I've been here.  They found a "5 pound" shank in here over the weekend.  It could kill a horse!  That's what's going on right now.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWell hope all is well.  Please redirect news letter to this place.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThank you.
—Ramon D. Hontiveros
P-34034
Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageKeep your head down 'til the shootin' stops.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLife's a bleach and then you dye.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
The History Trail
Followed by Sam Aurelius Milam III
1950 — But you do know that in the greatest wars the Earth ever had there were always more people after the war than before, no matter how many were killed.  Life is not merely persistent ...  life is explosive.  The basic theorem of population mathematics to which there has never been found an exception is that population increases always, not merely up to extent of the food supply, but beyond it, to the minimum diet that will sustain life — the ragged edge of starvation.
—from Farmer in the Sky
by Robert A. Heinlein
1965 — Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase.  This is as true of humans in the finite space of a planetary ecosystem as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask.  The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system but what kind of existence is possible for those who do survive.
—from Dune
by Frank Herbert
1969, March — I can understand the impatience of youth and the world is in a sad state so you want to do things, however, there are too many people already so don't be in too much of a hurry to increase the population.  I am very concerned about the future welfare of the young people now growing up.  I try to never predict because if I'm right, no one remembers it, and if I'm wrong, no one ever forgets it.  If the present trend does not reverse very soon, I can see only cannibalism as the final conclusion.
—from a personal letter
by Sam Aurelius Milam, Jr.
1969, May — I do not wish to seem overly dramatic, but I can only conclude from the information that is available to me as Secretary-General that the members of the United Nations have perhaps ten years left in which to subordinate their ancient quarrels and launch a global partnership to curb the arms race, to improve the human environment, to defuse the population explosion and to supply the required momentum to development efforts.  If such a global partnership is not forged within the next decade, then I very much fear that the problems I have mentioned will have reached such staggering proportions that they will be beyond our capacity to control.
—U Thant
Secretary General of the United Nations
1.15x5 Page Background GIF ImageEverything is connected to everything else.
2.15x5 Page Background GIF ImageEverything must go somewhere.
3.15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNature knows best.
4.15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere is no such thing as a free lunch.
—from The Closing Circle
by Barry Commoner
Population Curve
World population, 0-2015
... the world population ... was estimated to have reached 7.6 billion as of March 2018. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

May 2018 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAs a thumb rule, one can say that any time a planet starts developing cities of more than one million people, it is approaching critical mass.  In a century or two it won't be fit to live on.
—from Time Enough For Love
by Robert A. Heinlein
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Betty;  and James, of Adelanto, California.
— editor
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Blonde Jokes
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy is a blonde's brain the size of a pea in the morning?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt swells during the night.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy did they fire the blonde pharmacist?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageShe kept breaking the pill bottles trying to get them into the typewriter.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Little Boy Stories
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Marilyn, of Bingham County, Idaho.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt was the end of the day when I parked my police van in front of the station.  As I gathered my equipment, my K-9 partner, Jake, was barking.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA little boy who was staring at me asked, "Is that a dog you got back there?"
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"It sure is," I replied.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePuzzled, the little boy asked, "What did he do?"

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA little boy got lost at the YMCA and wandered into the women's locker room. When he was spotted, the room burst into shrieks, with women grabbing towels and running for cover.  The little boy watched in amazement and then asked, "What's the matter, haven't you ever seen a little boy before?"10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvailability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  Funding for this newsletter is from sources over which I don't have any control, so it might become necessary for me to terminate these offers or to cancel one or more subscriptions at any time, without notice.  All past issues are presently available for free download at the internet address shown below.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby given to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.org.uk.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.

— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 May 2018

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue