PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Insert
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, February 2016
The Power of the Scent, Sirs
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSome time ago, I watched Surf's Up, a computer animated mockumentary from 2007, produced by Sony Pictures Animation.  I just happened upon it while I was clicking around the channels, looking for something to watch.  I started to click to the next channel but, in the minute or so that I watched the show, I decided that it seemed to be well done, so I continued to watch it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAlthough Surf's Up seemed at first glance to be an ordinary children's cartoon, it turned out that the animation was lovely and the characters were delightful.  The story was about a young penguin named Cody Maverick, from Shiverpool, Antarctica.  His dream was to go to Pen Gu Island and compete in the tenth Big Z Memorial Surf Off.  None of that would have prompted me to write an article.  I wrote the article because of a scene wherein a fish was presented to one of the characters who smelled it and then commented that it would still taste like chicken.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAha!  It was the "smells like a fish but tastes like chicken" joke.  It's probably the oldest joke on the planet.  Our male ancestors probably chortled about it from the time that their male ancestors came down out of the trees.  We still use it today.  I saw it in La Bamba, the movie about Ritchie Valens, and in various other places.  A while back, I heard it in a country music song.  I don't know the name of the song or of the performer, but the main theme of the song is "a bad day fishin' beats a good day of anything else".  He snuck in the line about it tasting like chicken.  It was quick, but it was there.  The scene in Surf's Up was quick, too.  You'd miss it if you glanced away, but I had to laugh.  There it was, the oldest pussy joke in the world, in the middle of a children's cartoon.  I'll admit that Surf's Up had a PG rating but it was still a cartoon.  The censors aren't presently as powerful as they have been in the past or as they will be again in the future but, even so, I love it when somebody fools them.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAfterword:  After I wrote the article, but before I published it, I found Surf's Up on DVD.  I bought it and watched the entire movie.  I found two scenes in which squid-on-a-stick snacks were described as tasting like chicken but I didn't find the fish scene.  Squid's close, but it ain't fish.  I watched the entire movie again, twice, watching for the fish scene.  It isn't there.  I don't know what release I saw on the TV but I suppose that the fish scene must have been deleted when the movie was released on DVD.  The censors never quit trying.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've encountered other instances when something was "sanitized" for a re-release.  See The Battle of the Internet, on pages 1 — 3 of the January 2012 issue.  Maybe I can find an uncensored version of Surf's Up somewhere.  Until then, I'll suggest this for the censors.  Never underestimate the power of the scent, sirs.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Letters to the Editor
Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI read your Pentagon Anomalies and I look forward to reading your essay "Unnamed Agency" next.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou pose the question where the 4 missing airplanes are, I'm going to wait until I read your essay until I give my opinion.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAs to your comment of the news being propaganda machines I agree and as for TV & dramas, sit-coms, and programming in general, etc., shows the direction and condition of American society.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI personally believe that Hollywood, our government, TV, politicians, etc. have begun an all out assault on its own people.  Our constitutional rights are being stripped away right before our eyes.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageConsider the latest school shooting in Fla., why should our gun laws be changed?  When a person jumps a curb and runs over people, do we blame the auto maker for the killer being able to buy a car?  When a suicide bomber kills people in a subway station, do we blame the backpack maker for allowing a place to hide a bomb?  So why blame guns and put no responsibility on the shooter?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOur TV programming is also a propaganda machine.  Sowing discord by promoting racism.  It seems everyone on TV has a platform, women and men too, gays, trans-genders, black lives matter, immigration, etc.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnd lets look at the masses.  There are roughly 50% white, 25% black, 15% Mexican, 10% other people in America, and do you know who has no platform to vent, the white male.
Arrow

April 2018 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAs a white male, if you're not sucking dick or in a interracial relationship, you have no say, and if you try to voice an opinion, you're called a racist.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnd while every race is fighting the other to be heard, we are missing the big picture, this isn't a "race" issue, this is a "poverty" issue.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf you don't have the money that 1%er's are procuring, then you will become a victim of the new Jim Crow era, where it is profitable to incarcerate a man.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo everyone quit complaining, there are punishments being meted out to all races equally, watch TV, and you'll see.  People are being tricked with side shows, so they miss the "main" event happening right before them.
—a prisoner
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSome TV commercials provide good examples of the kinds of things that you mentioned.  In a Good2Go.com car insurance commercial, a woman is shown pushing her child in a stroller.  She states that, although she owns a car, she's taking the child to the doctor on foot because she can't afford car insurance.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCertain ideas are implicit in the commercial.  The first is that the government will happily diminish the woman's ability to care for her child, rather than let her drive her car without insurance.  If she's reported for failure to take proper care of the child, then the government can take the child away from her.  The woman's behavior is regulated at every turn by the threat of punishment.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSuch commercials suggest an agenda.  The woman's situation is presented as being completely ordinary.  The idea of mandatory insurance is accepted without question.  It seems to me a lot like a Pavlovian scheme to condition viewers to mindlessly accept having their lives regulated by government.  It reminds me a lot of Joseph Goebbels, and Nazi propaganda.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI can remember when car insurance was voluntary.  Even then, the insurance companies were in cahoots with the government.  See my account of my early efforts to oppose such things, under the heading Lie Ability, in my essay More Adventures of the Lone Raver.  It's available in Pharos.
—editor
Dear Mr. Milam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAlthough my appreciation is late, I thank you for dignifying Evil in thy service;  December 2017.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHaving only received the publication, early December, I intended to write you, however Evil was served before I could write.  At 4:00 AM, Sunday morning, 17 December 2017, transportation guards opened my cell, "You, are being transferred to Corcoran prison dorm housing, now!"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA Fema-Nazi, high level, guard hierarchy, in an act of administrative revenge, made a unilateral decision, exercising her manifest Evil, ordered me transferred to a known psychologically toxic housing environment.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThree days later, medical and mental health, pulled me out of the environment "borderline cardiac arrest," and into a crisis bed.  Her intent was served, the question is, was that intent murder, or just revenge?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnyway, I'm now in a hospital environment, with aggravated cardiac/vascular problems, and all the problems 74 years have piled up.  Not to mention, the Fema-Nazi hasn't heard the last of me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePlease, correct my address, and know, I remain in respect and admiration of your efforts to bring the truth forward.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageStill on the green side of the grass,
—Robert H. Outman
Prisoner P-79939
Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGreetings in solidarity my brother.  So sorry it's been such a long while since I made contact.  Your Feb 2018 issue is the first I received since June or July of 2017.  But the reason for this is I've really been fighting a dark depression and trying to find help for my suicidal thoughts.  But truly I'm tired.  And lately I've been fighting a write-up that's an outright lie, total falsehood not even half truth (which is how most staff write up write-ups — add this or that to make a write-up stick).  But this one is total crap.  But my word doesn't mean shit.  Not to the neo cons.  But really Sam I wrote my family and told them the truth about me and my plans for death.  So I don't have too much time left.  I'm tired of giving this system my energy and time.  Your paper is always refreshing though.  I love the truth you tackle.  It's rare and uncommon.  Thank you.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI loved your Sightings article [February, page 3].  And I loved your Louisiana Aunt's sighting.  I spent a lot of time in the swamps of the same areas as a child.  I've heard my share of stories from family members.  One of my great uncles [name omitted], long dead — RIP swore up and down he saw a bigfoot in the swamps of St. Bernard Parish, while he was rabbit hunting.  He stopped going deep into the swamps for rabbits after that, just would stick to the fields close to his property the rest of his life after that.  I believed him because it spooked him for the rest of his life.  I've heard stories of a Cajun werewolf.  Never met anyone who personally saw it.  But lots of people I knew, my grand-
Arrow

Page 2  Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 April 2018

father for one, saw the "goobler gobbers" many times over his lifetime.  And that's what the locals in the marshes & swamps call the unexplained lights/orbs they see in the swamps at night.  They just float in the air, and dissolve into thin air.  Some are big.  Some are small.  Also my grandfather claimed to see a spider in the woods close to Leesville while hunting back in the 1950's that was as big dinner plate.  It crossed his path about 10 feet in front of him.  A big black hairy spider.  Now I myself saw a few things, one out fishing with my grandfather in the marshes of St. Bernard Parish.  One was a garfish swimming right under the surface.  It had to be 12 feet long.  Just a monster of a fish.  It passed right next to our flat boat.  The biggest gar I've seen out the water was about 5 to 6 feet long.  This one was twice that.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThen I spent some time with friends in Slidell, Louisiana, which is across the lake from New Orleans.  Lots of swampy areas there too.  I was about 10 or 11 years old.  And we were out throwing cast nets for bait.  This is fresh water swamp.  Well in the net we catch what looks like a sea horse, but it is all silver, and 12 inches tall.  And was just flopping around.  I picked it up and it wrapped its "tail" around my wrist and arm.  And I let it go and it swam into the muddy water.  All my friends I was fishing with seen it.  When I/we explained it to the adults no one knew what it was or ever heard of a giant sea horse fresh water fish.  To this day I look for it in National Geo Magazine or on nature specials on P.B.S.  Never have see it again.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWell thank you for letting me share this little history of sightings in Louisiana.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI don't know how much longer I'll be alive.  But time on this Earth is getting very short for me.  Thanks for keeping the newsletters coming even though I'm gone a lot from this prison.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYour brother in struggle.
—a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI'm withholding your name, as a precaution.
—editor
Frontiersman,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe "Legion of Decency" threatened to shut down all gangster movies from being produced.  But Hollywood then agreed to follow a 1933 production code known as the "Hays Code" after "Will H. Hays", president of the Motion Picture Producers and Distributors of America.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn addition to regulating depictions of sex, drugs, violence, and moral meaning, this code mandated that all gangsters in the movies must ultimately lose!  The PBS code preamble states that crime will be shown to be wrong, and that criminal life will be loathed, and that the law will prevail at all times.  Villains can never prevail to be the hero, and by the end of the movie they must either be dead or in jail!  This code was designed to allow those in power to control and shape the imaginations of the public.
—D. B., of Clinton, Arkansas
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA description of the Hays Code is available in the Wikipedia article Motion Picture Production Code.  I agree that the Hays Code seems to have been more for propaganda than for censorship.  It was an attempt at mind control.  As I noted in Somnambulant Society, on page 3 of the August 2015 issue, conditioning eliminates thinking.  Conditioned people don't think.  They merely respond.  See Orwell's 1984.  I see the Hays Code as that sort of thing.  Such a mind control scheme is a disappointing thing to discover in the history of the so-called land of the free and the home of the brave, especially during a span of time that included the war against the Nazis.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Hays Code was abandoned in the late 1960s, and was replaced by a rating system.  Even though the code was abandoned, its agenda remains, in the rating system and elsewhere.  The proponents of mind control are an ongoing threat.  As I noted in The Power of the Scent, Sirs, on page 1 of this issue, those people never quit.  Furthermore, they sometimes work in devious ways.  See my article War of Words, on page 2 of the December 1994 issue.
—editor
Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"Howie in Arkansas" [Letters to the Editor, March 2018, page 2] needs to quit eating paint chips off of his cell wall, and needs counseling for institutionalization.  The very idea of giving the government the power of execution, without a trial, what the fuck.  He wants to give an already oppressive regime more power.  As for allowing the victims families the power of retribution..., on the surface it may sound appealing.  Do we fast forward to the future and emulate the movie "Running Man", or go back to the gladiatorial days?  I don't know what the solution is, but I feel trying to abolish murder with murder isn't the answer.  Jesus Christ method of fighting violence with "non-violence" is the way to go but doesn't quench the blood-lust the majority wants.
—a prisoner
Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am innocent until proven guilty.  The government is guilty until proven innocent and it's still guilty, even after that.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf the people who believe that petroleum came from dinosaurs are correct, then gasoline is a solar-derived biofuel.  Not only that, it's renewable — just not in our lifetimes.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
April 2018 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFew professors would dare to publish research or teach a course debunking the claims made in various ethnic, gender, or other "studies" courses.
— Thomas Sowell
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Betty;  and Robert, of Stockton, California.
— editor
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Snow White Joke
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat did Snow White say while she waited for her photos?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSome day my prints will come!10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Work Advice
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNever walk without carrying a document.  People with documents in their hands look like hardworking employees heading for important meetings.  People with nothing in their hands look like they're heading for the break room.  People carrying a newspaper look like they're heading for the toilet.  Carry loads of stuff home with you at night, thus giving the impression that you do extra work at home.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen the boss is still around, leave the office late.  While you're staying late, you can read magazines and other things that you always wanted to read, but never had the time.  Make sure that you walk past the boss' office on your way out.  Copy the boss on email messages that you send during late or early hours, and during holidays.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvailability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  Funding for this newsletter is from sources over which I don't have any control, so it might become necessary for me to terminate these offers or to cancel one or more subscriptions at any time, without notice.  All past issues are presently available for free download at the internet address shown below.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby given to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.org.uk.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.

— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 April 2018

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue