PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Insert
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, February 2016
Seven Notes, Play 'em Again, Sam
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIsrael Saenz, a man that I knew many years ago, commented that you have to tell somebody something at least six times before he actually starts to listen.  Maybe it works the same way with writing as it does with speaking.  So, although I've presented these ideas before, I'll present them again.  I haven't been counting but maybe this will be six times for some of them.
Music Note15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Fourteenth Amendment tells us that U.S. citizens are subject to the jurisdiction of the government.  The dictionaries tell us that jurisdiction means power and control.  Therefore, since citizenship is effectively mandatory, citizenship is a euphemism for slavery.
Music Note15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn the USA, there are three categories of behavior:  required behavior, prohibited behavior, and regulated behavior.  If somebody's caught failing to engage in required behavior, then the government will punish him.  If somebody's caught engaging in prohibited behavior, then the government will punish him.  If somebody's caught engaging in regulated behavior contrary to the regulations, then the government will punish him.  If he resists the punishment, then the government will initiate the use of force against him.  If he resists effectively, then the government will kill him.
Music Note15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLand ownership hasn't changed, in principle, since medieval times and, probably, since long before that.  What that means is that an individual doesn't own his land.  Instead, he's required to make a yearly rent payment (euphemism:  property tax) to the landlord, or he'll be evicted.  He must get permission from the landlord for any intended use of the land.  He must get permission before he can build anything on the land, or modify anything that's already built there.  He must get subsequent inspections and approvals of all such changes.  The landlord can reclaim the land at any time.  The government is the landlord.
Music Note15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePeople aren't permitted to hunt or gather food unless they have a government permit.  Hunting or fishing without a permit is legally the equivalent of poaching on the king's preserve, the same as in medieval times.
Music Note15x5 Page Background GIF ImageParents are required to register all children, and to raise them according to government regulations.  If the children aren't sent to institutions that are approved by the government, to be "educated" as required, if they aren't medicated as required, or if they're "abused", then the government will seize the children.  The government owns the children.
Music Note15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePeople aren't permitted to travel unless they have government licenses.  The licenses aren't required just for driving.  They're required, at least indirectly, for most of the activities that are associated with travelling.  When drivers become licensed, they agree to government control and must behave, while driving, exactly as instructed.  All cars must be licensed.  The kind of fuel that the cars can use is regulated.  The speeds and designs of cars are regulated.  Everybody in the car must be strapped down.  Children must ride where and as required.  All behavior is monitored.  Violators can be punished.
Music Note15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePeople aren't permitted to work for a living unless they're licensed by the government, and pay yearly fees (euphemism:  income tax) for the privilege.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo far as I can tell, such compliance with authoritarian government, in human societies, hasn't changed for thousands of years.  It suggests to me that people might actually prefer to live under the control of authoritarian governments.  That brings to mind my suggestion for a first principle of human society, from First Principles, on pages 1 and 2 of the July issue.  Maybe things aren't really that bad, but it is difficult to get people to forgo their addiction to subservience.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIsrael Saenz didn't say that you have to tell somebody something six times before he'll start to listen.  He said that you have to tell him at least six times.  That being the case, more than six times is okay.  I'd like to believe that people can do better than to meekly submit to authoritarian government, so I'll keep trying.  Maybe I'll have to present my ideas seven times, or maybe even more than that.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
A Suggested First Principle of Human Society
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageProvidence always sends a few men into the world, ready booted and spurred to ride, and millions ready saddled and bridled to be ridden.
—with apologies to Richard Rumbold

August 2018 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

Letters to the Editor
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThanks for the June issue!  I always enjoy reading your work.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAfter more than half of my life, we are moving from the South Bay area.  With the totally insane real estate prices, we sold our townhouse in Santa Clara and paid cash for a home in [location withheld].  The movers are coming Monday to pack us up.  Did I mention that moving sucks?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnyway, I hope all is well with you, my friend!
—SantaClara Bob
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou're gonna need a new name. 
—editor
Dear Comrade Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGreetings to you in solidarity once again!  I received the June 2018 & April 2018 Frontiersman enclosed in the same envelope.  Thank you for resending the issue I didn't receive.  And thanks for printing my letters to you.  Re my letter in 2018 June issue, the book I spoke of that I think the giant daddy long legs were recorded was "The Suppressed History of America:  The Murder of Meriwether Lewis and the Mysterious Discoveries of the Lewis and Clark Expedition", by Paul Schrag & Xavier Haze.  It's a very good book.  There's so many other facts that were covered up by government a giant daddy long legs seems microscopic in comparison.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageNow about those new yards that I wrote about in same letter, where CDCr is mixing SNY & GP inmates are called "non designated yards".  And CDCr has now started running their propaganda video on a 24 hour loop on the institution movie channel explaining all the highlights about these non designated yards for those willing to not try to kill each other (and there have been deaths already, how many I don't know.  1 for sure here, no telling how many across this massive industrial system.)  And yes it is true, if you can stay out of the violence there are benefits if you are not serving a life sentence, mainly early parole.  But the building they sent me to is a powder keg that stays ready to explode.  And here's the kicker!  They just "approved" me to go right back!  So I sat back in the hole a few months.  I've destroyed one man's hand, he's still going out for operations on it, pins sticking out the tips of his fingers.  He's only a few cells away from me right now.  The other guy is waiting on his false teeth and had reconstructive surgery on his face.  We all have agreed to go back and signed chronos to agree to program together.  But my point is CDCr does not care anything for these men's lives or mine either, and sitting here in the hole watching the long term pain and struggle these men are going through for the injuries I inflicted on them due to this corrupt system's "puppetry" makes me feel degraded inside my heart and manipulated into gladiator style slavery.  And our neo Spartacus is yet to be discovered.  I will leave you with these questions to ask yourself.
1.15x5 Page Background GIF ImageKnowingly mixing 1000s of prisoners whom they know many will stab and injure each other, and there will inevitably be deaths as an outcome, is this prison system & government sanctioning their authority guilty of mass murder, and directly responsible for all the injuries and darkness created on non designated yards?
2.15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIs CDCr & California's government guilty of all the darkness the ripple effect will create in the future for the pain, murders, and psychological effect on prisoners whom witnessed and endured the pressures of this environment?  What will they turn into in the future?  How did this environment morph their mentality?  What are they now capable of?  How will they react in the future to the stresses in the free world?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWell, thank you Sam!  I just will leave you and the readers with some real questions to ponder.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn solidarity,
—a prisoner
Corcoran, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt seems a lot like a bureaucracy that's trying to perpetuate itself — job security for prison staff.  In October of 1985, in Milam's Notes, I commented that any tax supported bureaucracy can generate enough work to sustain itself.
—editor
15x5 Page Background GIF Image... Don't be so surprised about the no library and yes the governor here signed a bill for free e-readers of college courses, but in reality, they don't supply them, where is the money for them going?   Who knows?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageC.D.C.R. — stands for "California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation".  The "rehabilitation" is a joke.  San Quinton has a bunch of programs for the "lifers" so, the people who will never get out get the free college and laptops.  Those of us who have a release date get warehoused in prisons with no rehabilitation programs, or even good books.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat few books inmates have donated, they usually get thrown away by guards when they search a cell.  Go figure....
—a prisoner
Soledad, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMaybe the R in CDCR stands for recycling.  Maybe the prison system supplements the steady supply of new prisoners by recycling the old ones.  Maybe it enhances the job security of the prison staff.
—editor
Arrow

Page 2  Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 August 2018

Dear Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy name is [name withheld].  I am a prisoner in Arkansas.  The guy housed next to me has given me the privilege of reading your Frontiersman, and I got to say man you're on point.  I love reading them and if it's not too much trouble I would love to be added to your list and receive them.  I thank you in advance Sam, and have a great day.
—a prisoner
Marianna, Arkansas
Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF Image...Heat wave out here!!  How's it back there?  I really enjoy showing your newsletters & "inserts" to a lot of the guys in here.  A lot of older prisoners on their way out to the streets go through here....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTake care.
—a prisoner
Ione, California
Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFirst, let me respond to something I read in your July/2018 Frontiersman, in Letters to the Editor.  A Sir Donald asked what you might do should you push daisies or disappear, etc., well I have at the worst case, until Dec. 2031 until I get out.  Perhaps sooner should laws change concerning the 3-strike laws and enhancements.  If you are looking for a protégé, you have a lot of years to teach me.  I'll be in my 60s by 2031, but you're a smart man with pretty hard shoes to fill.  I'm from a "super-small" town 21 miles north of [place name withheld].  They have a church only, 7th day Adventist, that's it.  No store, police dept, gas station, etc., just a small church and post office.  There isn't even a restaurant or bar.  So I won't have anything to do but use the computer and I hope to write a few novels.  Anyway, let's not talk of such dark subjects like taking trips to the great beyond....
—a prisoner
Soledad, California
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis September, I'll be 72 years old.  I don't have money, ID, or insurance.  Thus, medical care for me is unlikely.  My ancestors had better access to medical care than I do.  I seem to be healthy but I could still die at any time.  I doubt if I'll still be alive in 2031.  If I am, then I'll be 85 years old, which seems unlikely.
—editor
Dear Sam:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI think that Carnet:  Rise of the Machines is one of your best articles ever.  As I've mentioned before (I believe) it's ironic and somewhat annoying that I live in Silicon Valley.  Most of the people here seem to have bought into the idea that advanced technology is wonderful, and that anything you could think of would be better if it were done in "The Cloud", or somehow mechanized.  Back in the 70's or early 80's, there was a commercial for physical fitness that showed a future in which people were reduced to images on television screens, without bodies, and the TV screens were being carried around by robots.  It's hard not to suspect that for some people, this would be heaven.
—Sir Donald the Elusive
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBrainwashing promotes incorrect thinking.  Conditioning eliminates thinking.  Conditioning is to not think at all, but merely to respond.
—from Somnambulant Society
Frontiersman, August 2015, page 3

Next of Kin
As retold by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFather O'Malley, an Irish priest, looked out the front window of his church, early one morning, and noticed that there was a dead jackass lying in the middle of the lawn.  He promptly called the local police station. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSergeant Jones answered the call, and said "Good morning.  This is Sergeant Jones.  How might I help you?"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe priest replied, "An' tha best o' tha day ta yerself.  This is Father O'Malley at St. Ann's, an' there's a dead jackass lying in me front lawn.  Would ye be sa kind as ta send a couple o' yer lads ta remove it?"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSergeant Jones, being somewhat of a wise guy, thought that he would have a little fun.  He replied, "Well now, Father, it was always my understanding that you people took care of the last rites yourselves!" 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFather O'Malley replied. "Aye, but we are obliged to notify the next of kin first."10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Thin Blonde Line
As retold by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA blonde, while speeding in a 35 mile per hour zone, was stopped by a police officer on patrol.  The police officer who stopped her also happened to be a blonde.  The blonde cop asked to see the blonde's driver's license.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe blonde driver searched frantically in her purse for a while and finally said to the blonde cop, "What does a driver's license look like?"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIrritated, the blonde cop said, "You dummy, it's got your picture on it!"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe blonde driver searched her purse again and found a small, rectangular mirror down at the bottom.  She held it up to her face and said, "Aha!  This must be it!"  She handed the mirror to the blonde cop. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe blonde cop looked in the mirror, handed it back to the driver, and exclaimed in exasperation, "I want to see your driver's license, dummy, not mine!" 10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

August 2018 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAll of us should be on guard against beliefs that flatter ourselves.  At the very least, we should check such beliefs against facts.
— Thomas Sowell
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Betty;  Sir Donald the Elusive;  and Eric, of Ione, California.
— editor
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Signs of Getting Old
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAt the breakfast table, you hear "snap, crackle, and pop", and you're not eating cereal.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover that you aren't wearing any socks.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Blonde Jokes
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow did the blonde get the stab wounds in her face?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageShe was trying to learn to eat with a fork.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat does a blonde say when you ask her if her turn signal is on?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF Image"It's on.  It's off.  It's on.  It's off.  It's on.  It's off...."
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat do they call an unmarried blonde in a BMW?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA divorcee.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow do you know when a blonde has been making chocolate chip cookies?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou'll find M & M shells all over the kitchen countertop.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat's the difference between a blonde and a shopping cart?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe shopping cart has a mind of its own.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvailability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  Funding for this newsletter is from sources over which I don't have any control, so it might become necessary for me to terminate these offers or to cancel one or more subscriptions at any time, without notice.  All past issues are presently available for free download at the internet address shown below.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby given to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  You can use editor@frontiersman.org.uk for PayPal payments.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.

— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 August 2018

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue