PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Insert
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, November 2018
It Would Take a Miracle
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn 391, Christians burned many of the documents in the library at Alexandria, which was probably the most important body of recorded knowledge in existence at the time.  They claimed that the documents contained pagan heresies.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn 782, several thousand Saxons, under the control of Charlemagne, were murdered at his orders because they refused to convert to Christianity.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBeginning in 1095, Christians on Crusades killed thousands of Muslims.  Although it might be an exaggeration, it's been said that during Christian raids of some of the Muslim towns, Muslim blood ran knee deep in the streets.  Even today, almost a thousand years after the Crusades began, there are still Christian soldiers fighting in Muslim lands.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBeginning in the 1100s, the various institutions of the Inquisition tortured or killed thousands of people who were accused of heresy. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDuring the time of the Cathar suppression, from some time in the 1100s to some time in the 1300s, Christians burned thousands of Cathars at the stake.  They claimed that the Cathars were heretics.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn 1349, in Switzerland, Germany, and France, Christians slaughtered thousands of Jews.  The Christians claimed that the Jews were the source of the Black Death.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn the 1500s, Catholic priests, traveling with the conquistadors, destroyed most of the Mayan codices, an irreplaceable body of recorded knowledge.  As in Alexandria, they did it because they believed that the documents contained pagan heresies.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFrom about 1450 to about 1750, during the witch-hunts, Christians tortured or murdered an estimated 200,000 alleged witches.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere were an estimated ten million indigenous people living on this continent when the Christians began to arrive here from Europe.  The Christians regarded the natives as heathens.  Native cultures and languages were suppressed.  Native religions were outlawed.  People who practiced those religions were murdered.  Native children were forcibly taken from their parents and brainwashed in schools established for that specific purpose.  After 350 years of such treatment, and worse, the size of the native population had been reduced to less than 4% of its previous number.  It was Charlemagne's options all over again, but far worse.  Even the Mongol invasion of Europe seems like a trifling event by comparison.  So far as I'm aware, the Christian invasion of this continent was the closest thing to an actually successful genocide that has ever happened, in the known history of human society.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHave Christians changed their ways?  The only difference nowadays, at least in this country, and most of the time, is that Christians don't do the dirty deeds themselves.  A single example will suffice to illustrate the point.  Why is polygamy illegal?  It's illegal because Christians believe that it's a sin.  Today, Christians don't burn such people at the stake.  Instead, they get the legislatures, the police, the courts, and the prisons to do their dirty work for them.  Then, they can wash their hands of it, sit safely at home, and pretend to be loving, tolerant, and forgiving.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo long as Christians use the government to impose their dogma, and to punish violators, they haven't changed.  They're still imposing their beliefs by force, and punishing heretics.  That behavior constitutes a violation of the separation of church and state, which means both keeping the government out of religion and keeping religion out of the government.  In addition to that, Christians are violating the idea of freedom of religion.  If freedom of religion is to exist at all, then it must necessarily include freedom from religion.  If Christians impose their beliefs onto people who don't agree with them, via government or otherwise, then there isn't any freedom of religion.   As Heinlein noted in Glory Road, "Culturologists state a 'law' of religious freedom which they say is invariant:  Religious freedom in a cultural complex is inversely proportional to the strength of the strongest religion."  So long as Christians use the government to enforce their beliefs, there is neither separation of church and state, nor freedom of religion.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWill Christians ever change their evil ways?  Regardless of their occasional rhetoric of love and tolerance, the legacy of their past suggests to me that the answer is, probably not.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

October 2020 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

Letters to the Editor
Dear Sam:
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat do you think of Julian Assange, Chelsea [Bradley] Manning, and Edward Snowden?
—Sir Donald the Elusive
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI admire the intentions of anybody who tries to oppose the evils of government.  Note, however, Henry David Thoreau's admonition that "There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root...."  Thomas Paine noted that government is a necessary evil.  Maybe it isn't necessary, but only inevitable, because people want a government to solve their problems for them, instead of solving their problems for themselves.  See Anarchy, Monarchy, Malarkey, in Pharos.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhether government is necessary or merely inevitable, I believe that it is inherently evil and cannot be made otherwise.  For now, the only remedy that I can suggest is explained in my essay Abandonment, and justified in my essay The Long and Winding Doctrine:  Social Contract.  Both essays are available in Pharos.
—editor
Dear Sam....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere is a curious occurrence that each of the stamps on letters coming into the prison are torn/lifted to a corner to "see what is under them?"  Seems awfully time-consuming to me, but we have not been told why....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGlad your State is opened!  CA is barely 1/3rd open and the school year is a MESS!  I am really sick of getting nothing but Democratic/Communistic Entertainment/News where no serious topics of conversation are allowed!!  Journalism has gone the way of the incandescent light bulb!!  Where is the FCC when you need it?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI have heard stories on Rush Limbaugh about hydroxychloroguine and ivermectin being used by doctors all over the world with 100% success rate given to people who have COVID-19!  Even a NY assemblyman and his brother, yet I can get no info on either drug from our pharmacist or medical doctor off the "Internet"!!  Some doctor in Australia was using ivermectin on her COVID-19 patients, and they all got better!!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWell Sam, more next time.  Take care, and be well!  Enjoy.
—E. E., a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnything that keeps the young people out of school, even a virus, has at least that one virtue.  See Training Camps, on page 2 of the December 2008 issue and Enemies of Liberty, on page 2 of the April 2011 issue. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn an editorial reply on page 3 of the April 2020 issue, I commented that the eventual results of the coronavirus would be to enable governments to get stronger, to reinforce people's notions that they can't survive without their governments, and to encourage people to be submissive to their governments.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI recently saw part of a news report about the coronavirus.  I don't remember which nation was mentioned in the report but its government was reportedly encouraging the use of a certain cell phone app that caused cell phones that contained the app to automatically detect one another when they were in close proximity to one another.  Notification was automatically uploaded to a database that then contained a record of any possible contact between the carriers of the cell phones.  I haven't seen a subsequent report so I don't know if the system was actually put into use.  The alleged purpose was to help to trace the transfer of the virus from one person to another.  Such a system, if it's actually used, will be justified as an epidemiological tool but it will be used as a surveillance tool.  Governments have actually used cell phones as targets.  See Snowden, about 1 hour and 21 minutes into the movie.  Whether or not that particular example is credible, such a system could provide a lot of targets.  Why would any government want to eliminate a virus that provides such a handy excuse for increasing its police state powers?  There's more value to government in controlling such a virus at a sustainable level then there is in eliminating it.  See Beyond Paranoia, on page 2 of the May 2017 issue.
—editor
Hey Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI know that you've got a limited amount of print space, so I'll keep this comment brief, but here in Arkansas there is an all black TV channel on 5-2 called "Bounce"....  Also, have you noticed that now in every major city across America, they've been forced to rename one of their good white streets, "Martin Luther King Blvd."?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am also sure that you've seen on the news that blacks in Tennessee have successfully gotten all of our historical Robert E. Lee monuments removed and destroyed....
—Howie in the Max
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYes, I'm aware of the Bounce TV network.  There's also a network called Black Entertainment Television.  In the course of my work, I've encountered references to black journals, black business associations, black colleges, black scholarships, a Congressional Black Caucus, a National Society of Black Physicists, a National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, a United Negro College Fund, and a National Association of Black Scuba Divers.
Arrow

Page 2 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 October 2020

So, while black people have been complaining about racially biased white institutions, they've been creating racially biased black institutions.  Lately, I've seen people carrying signs proclaiming that black lives matter but I don't see any indication that any of those people care about white lives.  I don't know how to solve the problem of racism but I expect that such hypocrisy will probably make things worse.  Imagine the reaction if I started a Professional Society of White Nuclear Engineers.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe destruction of Confederate monuments reminds me of the destruction of historical sites in Iraq, Syria, and Libya, by ISIL.  I suppose that I shouldn't be too critical about that kind of thing, at the risk of being a hypocrite myself, because I wouldn't mind at all if somebody destroyed the monument at Mt. Rushmore.  It's a reminder of our own evil behavior, an insult to the native peoples, and a desecration of their holy land.  Maybe there's a bit of the desire for retribution in each of us.
—editor
Dear Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHello, how are you.  Staying healthy I pray.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo, 9/11 [the date of his letter], a day that in my opinion will always be a reminder of how much our government will deceive its own people to achieve its own purposes.  Anywho, your Sept '20 Frontiersman was another great issue.  In "A Fictional Speculation", I never thought about it the way you put it.  I figured Trump has been downplaying the virus so it would explode, so a week or two before election, he would declare a "national emergency" and close all federal institutions and services, meaning, no mail, no polling stations, etc.  But your version of an executive order demanding a "new vote" seems very feasible.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI also see him trying to declare all votes after Nov 3rd invalid because 70% of Democrats want to vote by mail this cycle due to the virus.  Either way, I think we're in for a bumpy ride with Trump and the Republicans taking a huge shit on the constitution and American citizen's rights....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnd now, to your "A Quick, Impromptu Survey", you surveyed 17 channels, I get between 85 and 116 channels, so let's say 100 average.  Your survey showed about half.  I guarantee, that wasn't during prime-time, because I did a survey between 7 PM to 11 PM and the result on advertising was about 80 to 90% black or people of color, some commercial blocks of 10 minutes were all black, not one white person seen.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI agree with you.  I don't think black people are saddled with more problems, they just get all of the exposure.  They're good at sowing "white guilt".  I agree racism is alive and well, but in "opportunities" blacks have just as much of a chance as whites.  Today, our real problems are because of the disparities caused by income gaps.  The "rich" get it, the "poor" don't.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWell, take care my friend!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSincerely,
—S. H.,  a prisoner
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFourteen million people were killed in the Nazi concentration camps.  For most of my life, I'd heard that 6 million Jews were killed there.  I was surprised to learn that there were victims other than the Jews, and that there were so many of them.  The Jews accounted for less than half of the total, yet we hear only of the Jews.   Now, black people complain of the number of black people killed by cops, yet they seem to be indifferent to the deaths of white people.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt seems that such behavior might be all too common for victim advocacy groups.  Ideally, I'd expect that any legitimate such group would be concerned for all similarly situated victims, not just for people of its own color or creed.   A narrow concern, within any such group, for its own members only, to the exclusion of any concern for other similarly situated victims, suggests to me not a pursuit of justice, but a pursuit of power and privilege. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI can't help but to wonder, just a little, about claims of present day victimization from people who seem, nowadays, to be so well organized and to have such easy access to publicity.  I keep thinking about those Jews, who constituted 43% of the victims and commanded 100% of the publicity.  Maybe the victims who make the most noise aren't necessarily the most numerous or even the most victimized.  Maybe it's just better publicity.  It looks like we've discovered a general principle in operation.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Anybody can do his own survey and make his own decision.
—editor

Funds
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy primary source of cash came to an end about four years ago.  Since then, I've mostly been using what I'd previously saved.  Even though I'm 74 years old, and even though I'm being stingy with my funds, it seems possible that I might outlive them.  Maybe not, one never knows for sure, but it seems possible.  If I last longer than the funds do, then it's going to be difficult for me to pay for things, including the publication of this newsletter and the maintenance of my websites and domain names.  So, donations are welcome.  Maybe somebody might even buy something from the Moonlight Flea Market.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

October 2020 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe lion and the lamb shall lie down together, but the lamb won't get much sleep.
—Woody Allen
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  El Dorado Bob;  Betty;  Eric, of Ione, California;  and Sir Donald the Elusive.
— editor
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Signs That You're Getting Older
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou sing along with the elevator music.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou'd rather go to work than to stay home sick.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYour arms aren't long enough for you to read the newspaper.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYour ears are hairier than your head.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Gender Jokes
Original Source Unknown. 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA female brain cell inadvertently wandered into a man's head.  She looked around and couldn't find anything.  The head was completely empty.  She started to get frightened and called, "Hello?  Hello?  Is there anybody here?"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAs her plea echoed around in the empty head, she heard from far, far away, a male brain cell calling, "Hey!  We're all down here!"
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf a man makes a statement in the forest and there isn't a woman there to hear it, is he still wrong?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Grammar Advice
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAlways avoid annoying alliteration.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOne should never generalize.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvailability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  Funding for this newsletter is from sources over which I don't have any control, so it might become necessary for me to terminate these offers or to cancel one or more subscriptions at any time, without notice.  All past issues are presently available for free download at the internet address shown below.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby given to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  You can use editor@frontiersman.org.uk for PayPal payments.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 October 2020

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue