15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, November 2011
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
The Principles of Liberty
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLiberty follows from the operation of certain fundamental principles.  When those principles are in operation, then liberty exists.  When those principles are not in operation, then liberty doesn't exist.  A few of the principles are mentioned in passing in the government schools but students are not given any actual information about them or any actual understanding of them.  They're told only that the principles are in force and that the country operates according to those principles.  Those assurances are outright lies.  See my article Enemies of Liberty on page 2 of the April 2011 issue of this newsletter.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn America today, all information provided by all government controlled media sources is calculated to deceive the people.  Seekers of liberty are left to their own resources to discover and to understand the principles of liberty.  Over the years, I've sought to identify and to understand them.  I've discovered some of them.  I've acquired an understanding of those that I've discovered.  I don't claim to have discovered all of them.  Here's the list of the fundamental principles of liberty of which I'm aware.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Principle of Cause of Action
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Principle of Obligation
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Principle of Presumption of Innocence
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Principle of Burden of Proof
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Principle of Self Incrimination
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Principle of Silence
These are not rights.  They are principles.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI've presented in this article brief explanations of those principles of liberty of which I'm aware.  I've provided some examples of the operation to be expected of each such principle.  I encourage you to think of other examples of your own.  More important is that you learn to recognize violations of the principles.  Such violations are pervasive, as you'll increasingly notice once you start watching for them.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Principle of Cause of Action — There isn't a cause of action until there's a victim.  A man cannot legitimately be prosecuted merely for something that he might do.  Prosecution cannot legitimately be based on mere speculation but only on actions and consequences.

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageConspiracies — A man cannot be prosecuted merely for planning to do something.  Merely planning to do something doesn't prove that the man will ever actually do it.  A conspiracy, in and of itself, is harmless.  Similarly, conspirators cannot legitimately be prosecuted merely for planning something.  Prosecution cannot legitimately be based on capabilities, possibilities, whims, or speculation.  It can legitimately be based only on actual actions and consequences.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDrunk Driving — A man cannot legitimately be prosecuted merely for driving drunk.  Driving drunk, in and of itself, is harmless.  It isn't possible to prove that a man will ever cause any harm, merely because of driving drunk.  He might do so for his entire life and never cause any harm.  Prosecuting him because he might cause an accident due to driving drunk is like prosecuting him because he might commit rape due to having a penis or because he might commit child abuse due to being a father.  Prosecution cannot legitimately be based on capabilities, possibilities, whims, or speculation.  It can legitimately be based only on actual actions and consequences.  See my article Increased Public Awareness on page 2 of the January 2010 issue of this newsletter.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Principle of Obligation — There isn't any obligation under duress.  If a man is compelled by force or by the threat of force to make an agreement that he didn't want to make, then the agreement isn't binding on him.  If a man is compelled by force or by the threat of force to do something that he didn't want to do, then the consequences of what he did cannot be held against him.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTax Returns — If a man is compelled by force or by the threat of force to file a tax
Arrow

Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use Frontiersman@manlymail.net.
November 2011 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 1

return, then he doesn't have any obligation to file either a truthful return or a complete return.  Indeed, he doesn't have any obligation to file any return at all.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCar Insurance — If a man is compelled by force or by the threat of force to buy car insurance then he doesn't have any obligation to comply with any terms or conditions of the insurance, or even to continue paying for it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageChild Support Payments — If a man is compelled by force or by the threat of force to agree to make child support payments, then he doesn't have any obligation to continue making the payments.  He cannot legitimately be prosecuted for discontinuing the payments.  He's obligated to make the payments only if he agreed to make the payments without duress.  That's the best reason for a woman to get married before she gets pregnant.  The wedding is the contract.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Principle of Presumption of Innocence — A man must be presumed innocent.  He doesn't  have to prove his innocence.5x5 Page Background GIF Image 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCriminal Accusations — It must be presumed that a man is innocent.  He doesn't have to prove that he's innocent.  That includes any form of lie detection, such as drugs, electronic lie detection, torture, or any other method.  See my article The Right Stuff, But Not Enough Of It, on page 1 of the March 1998 issue of this newsletter.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDrug Testing — It must be presumed that a man isn't using illegal drugs.  He doesn't have to prove that he isn't using illegal drugs.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBackground Checks —  A man must be presumed to lack any past behavior that might disqualify him from any present or future activities.  That includes such activities as carrying weapons or obtaining jobs.  A man cannot be required to provide any background information that's intended to prove his innocence of any such disqualifying behavior.  He doesn't have to prove his innocence of any such disqualifying behavior.  He must be presumed innocent of any such disqualifying behavior.  If someone doesn't want his kids to attend schools that respect the presumption of innocence of their instructors then he can keep the brats at home and teach them himself.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePaternity Accusations — A man accused of paternity, who denies the accusation, must be presumed to not be the father.  He cannot legitimately be required to prove that he isn't the father.  He cannot legitimately be required to submit to any test intended to prove that he isn't the father, including DNA testing or lie detector testing.  He doesn't have to prove his innocence.  He must be presumed innocent.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Principle of Burden of Proof — If someone believes that a man is guilty of something, then the accuser must prove it without the man's help.  The accuser, not the accused, must bear the burden of proof.  A man doesn't have to do anything or say anything that might help the accuser to prove his guilt.5x5 Page Background GIF Image 
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTraffic Violations — If a cop believes that a man is driving drunk, or without a driver's license, or without car insurance, or without vehicle registration, or in a stolen vehicle then the cop must prove the matter himself.  The accuser, not the accused, must bear the burden of proof.  The man doesn't have to provide any information that might constitute proof of guilt.  Any such accusation must be proven by the accuser.  If the cop can't prove the accusation without the man's help, then he has to let the man go.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDNA Testing — If someone believes that a man is the source of any particular blood, hair, sperm, etc., then the accuser must prove it without the man's help.  The accuser, not the accused, must bear the burden of proof.   A man doesn't have to submit to any DNA test that might help the accuser to prove that he's the source of something.  The man doesn't have to provide any information that might constitute proof of guilt.  Any such accusation must be proven by the accuser.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLie Detector Testing — If someone believes that a man is lying, then the accuser must prove it without the man's help.  The accuser, not the accused, must bear the burden of proof.  A man doesn't have to take a lie detector test, or submit to any form of chemical behavior control, that might help the accuser to prove that he's lying.  Any such accusation must be proven by the accuser, without the help or cooperation of the accused.
Arrow
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
Page 2 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  November 2011

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDrug Testing — If someone believes that a man is using illegal drugs, then the accuser must prove it without the man's help.  The accuser, not the accused, must bear the burden of proof.  A man doesn't have to take a drug test that might help the accuser to prove that he's using illegal drugs.  Any such accusation must be proven by the accuser.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBackground Checks — If someone believes that a man is guilty of some past behavior that might disqualify him from some present or future activity, then the accuser must prove it without the man's help.  The accuser, not the accused, must bear the burden of proof.  A man doesn't have to submit to a background check that's intended to disqualify him from some particular activity.  Any such accusation must be proven by the accuser, without the help of the accused.
5x5 Page Background GIF Image15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Principle of Self Incrimination — A man doesn't have to provide information that might be used against him.  A man's refusal to provide such information cannot, itself, be used against him.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLie Detector Testing — A man doesn't have to take a lie detector test that might show that he's lying.  A man's refusal to take such a lie detector test cannot be used to allege that he's lying.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDrug Testing — A man doesn't have to take a drug test that might prove that he's using illegal drugs.  A man's refusal to take such a drug test cannot be used to allege that he's using illegal drugs.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBackground Checks — A man doesn't have to submit to a background check that might prove that he's disqualified from engaging in some particular activity.  His refusal to submit to such a background check cannot be used to allege that he's disqualified from any such activity.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDNA Testing — A man doesn't have to take a DNA test that might prove that he's the source of any particular blood, hair, sperm, etc.  His refusal to take such a test cannot be used to allege that he is the source of the blood, hair, sperm, etc.
5x5 Page Background GIF Image15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe Principle of Silence — An accused man doesn't have to reveal any information at all.  His refusal to provide information cannot, itself, be used against him.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLie Detector Testing — A lie detector test reveals information.  Therefore, a man doesn't have to submit to a lie detector test.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDrug Testing — A drug test reveals information.  Therefore, a man doesn't have to submit to any drug test at all.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBackground Checks — A background check reveals information.  Therefore, a man doesn't have to submit to any background check at all.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDNA Testing — A DNA test reveals information.  Therefore, a man doesn't have to submit to any DNA test at all.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDriver's License Checks — A driver's license check reveals information.  Therefore, a man doesn't have to show a driver's license.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe descriptions of the principles, and the examples that I've given, might appear to be repetitive or redundant.  Any such appearance follows from the fact that they're strongly interconnected.  For example, The Principle of Self Incrimination addresses the same considerations as are addressed by the Principle of Burden of Proof.  The former tells us that a man doesn't have to incriminate himself whereas the latter tells us that such incrimination must be accomplished by the accuser.  They form two sides of the same coin.  They all address the same concerns but from different directions.  They mesh like the fingers of clasped hands.  Taken together, they form a coherent body of doctrine in defense of  liberty.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe fundamental principles of liberty are not mightier than the sword.  The protection that they provide is intellectual, not physical.  In practice, liberty must be defended and enforced by free men, with force if necessary.  However, the fundamental principles of liberty provide the doctrine by which such use of force in the defense of liberty can be justified.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe idea that force never accomplished anything is disinformation perpetrated by tyrants and believed by slaves and fools.  If you're in doubt about the validity of force in defense of liberty, then I suggest that you review the little comparison of history to fiction that I presented on page 2 of the June 1995 issue of this newsletter.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
The tree of liberty only grows when watered by the blood of tyrants.
—Bertrand Barère de Vieuzac
January 16, 1793
November 2011 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 3

Frontiersman 
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507 

Free citizen is a contradiction in terms.  See the Constitution for the United States of America, Amendment 14, Section 1. 15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  my mother;  and Dewey and Betty.
— editor
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Rules of the Workplace
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by David, of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
• If at first you don't succeed, try again then quit.  No use being a damn fool about it.
• Keep your boss's boss off your boss's back.
• Everything can be filed under "Miscellaneous."
• Important letters that don't contain any errors will develop errors in the mail.
• If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done.
• You're always doing something marginal when the boss drops by your desk.
• To err is human.  To forgive is not our policy.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Interesting Facts
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Steve, of Mililani, Hawaii.  I didn't try to verify any of them.
• The average number of people airborne over the US during any given hour is 61,000.
• Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:
 Spades — King David;
 Clubs — Alexander the Great;
 Hearts — Charlemagne;
 Diamonds — Julius Caesar.
• Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them appears to be kissing the conveyor belt.
• "I am." is the shortest sentence in the English language.
 ["I do" is the longest sentence. —editor]
• The cruise liner Queen Elizabeth II, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubscriptions and Past Issues — Printed copies of this newsletter, either subscriptions or past issues, are available by application only.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, then return it unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use Frontiersman@manlymail.net.  The continued existence of the newsletter will depend, in part, on such contributions.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor
Page 4  Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  November 2011

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue