PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, February 2016
A Question of Intelligence
Sam Aurelius Milam III
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.
—Johann von Schiller
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDNA Warning — In my article Birthright, in the July 1994 issue of this newsletter, I expressed concerns about proposals that babies should be "DNA fingerprinted" at birth.  In the October 1994 issue, I mentioned a statement from the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour, in which it was reported that various government agencies were accumulating DNA databases.  In the November 1994 issue, I published a DNA Privacy Agreement and suggested that people should present a copy of the agreement to any medical practitioner who wanted any tissue, blood, urine (etc.) sample.   I've suggested variously that governments will use DNA identification as a means to control people.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAuto Tech Warning — In the October 2016 issue, in Stray Thoughts, I noted that anything that takes control of a car away from the driver is a bad thing, no matter how worthy the alleged justification.  It's clear to me that governments will use such features as a way to control people.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTV Remote Control Warning —I'm seeing more and more advertisements for TV remote controls that can hear what somebody says.  Somebody can just tell it to change the channel, and it changes the channel.  In the May 2016 issue, in A Dark Road, I predicted that governments would use such devices for their own purposes.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDNA Warning Revisited — Today, people voluntarily submit DNA samples, via the U.S. mail, to databases that are utterly beyond their control, without even a court order.  The inducements that I've seen are genealogical research (but see Genealogical Overkill, on pages 2 and 3 of the February 2011 issue) and medical diagnosis.  There might be other inducements, but those are the ones that I've noticed.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAuto Tech Warning Revisited — I saw an OnStar advertisement on the TV.  The view was from the back seat of a police car.  The thug at the wheel, talking on his radio to the OnStar collaborator, said to blink the lights.  The lights on the car ahead blinked.  The thug at the wheel said that's it.  The OnStar collaborator said okay we'll stop it.  The car ahead coasted to a stop.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt's even worse than that.  Increasingly, cars are code-controlled, and have internet access.  In the Cyberwar episode The Zero Day Market, season 2, episode 1, on VICELAND, a former NSA hacker demonstrated how it had been possible to hack into certain Chrysler models and control the brakes, the steering, and the transmissions, without the consent of the driver, from thousands of miles away.  He claimed that, before he'd reported the situation to Chrysler, he could have stopped a million cars, whenever he wanted to do so.  He also noted that Chrysler fiddled with the problem for nine months after he reported it, and then fixed it within a week after he publicized it.  Consider this possibility.  Maybe the code flaw wasn't a flaw.  Maybe Chrysler is another collaborator in cahoots with the government but, unlike OnStar, Chrysler doesn't want people to know about it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTV Remote Control Warning Revisited — After I published my article A Dark Road, I saw an NCIS episode in which Abby downloaded from a cable company an audio recording that the NCIS team needed for evidence.  The cable company was recording and archiving the conversations that took place near its customers' TV remote controls.  According to Abby, it's a routine practice and is even specified in the cable companies' contracts with their customers.  NCIS is fiction but I have more confidence in such information provided by NCIS than I do in what's provided by the network news.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageComcast is presently trying to include such a remote control in the cable service at this address.  It seems to me that Comcast is another government collaborator, and is trying to trick me into bugging the place.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePoppa's Warning — Back in the 1960s, my father told me that people are just too damned stupid for it to even be worth bothering
Arrow

January 2017 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

with them.  For all of the subsequent decades, I've been trying to not agree with him.  People, by their behavior, are making it difficult.  They mail their DNA identification information to national databases.  They buy code controlled cars that have internet access.  They bug their own houses, at their own expense, with both audio and video surveillance devices.  It all seems pretty stupid to me.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSome Observations — Sometime during the 1970s, I overheard a conversation between my first wife and some friend of hers.  They didn't know that I was listening.  I'm always listening.  She told her friend that I'm always anywhere from six months to five years ahead of everybody else in figuring out what's going to happen.  I didn't foresee the divorce, but nobody's perfect.  Later, I overheard another such conversation.  My wife commented, "Sam's always right."  The friend sneered, "Oh, one of those, huh?"  The wife said, "No.  I mean, he's always right."  Subsequently, I was criticized by some girlfriends for always being right.  I refused to apologize to them.  If I'm wrong, then I'll correct my error.  That's how someone comes to be right, by correcting his errors.  If I'm right, then I won't apologize for it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAs of the December 2016 issue of this newsletter, I've completed 23 years of continuous publication.  Events suggest that I've been right all along, that my concerns have been credible and that my warnings have been legitimate.  Even so, things are immeasurably worse, now, than they were when I started.  I refuse to apologize for either circumstance.  If I'm right, and if people are too damned stupid to understand their own complicity in what's happening, then that doesn't discredit either me or my warnings.  It discredits the people.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePoppa's Warning Revisited — The alleged superiority of so-called democracy rests on the notion that the people, en masse, can do a better job of running a country than can be done by an individual ruler.  The long-term deterioration of the country suggests otherwise.  Maybe we should reconsider the importance of mob mentality and the lowest common denominator of human behavior.  Maybe such things trump (a coincidence?) human intelligence, such as it is.  Maybe Poppa was right.  Maybe it's a lack of intelligence.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Yesterday's Performers
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDoes anybody remember the Surveillance Camera Players?  I didn't find a website for them but I did find a YouTube video, Surveillance Camera Players:  1984.  Here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RILTl8mxEnE
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI don't know how active they are nowadays.  With surveillance cameras being so prevalent, maybe nobody cares anymore.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThinking about the Surveillance Camera Players gave me an idea.  Somebody could start an acting troupe of vocal performers.  They could present scripted conversations in the presence of the new voice-operated TV remote controls, to test the system, to see if anybody's listening, maybe Echelon.  Here's another link.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOf course, for such a test to be effective, the topic of the scripted conversation would need to be highly provocative, something like abducting little girls for sale or smuggling nuclear devices into the White House, something of that sort, something that would really stimulate the cops.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat would be a good name for such a troupe?  Oh, maybe Tomorrow's Prisoners.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Letters to the Editor
Hi there!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI just had the pleasure of reading the 12/16 issue and every word was very interesting to me.  It wasn't hard to see that, as a species, we are not very evolved.  The same lessons remain available to learn, yet most are content to judge others, hang on to destructive patterns of thinking and acting, and to avoid looking in the mirror to see the origins of their behaviors.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOf course, I stand beside these people, because I, too, am on the road to self-improvement and am nowhere near the goal of bliss and happiness.  No way do I pretend to be able to judge others!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePlease add my name to your subscription list.  Enclosed are some (4) postage stamps to help out.
—a prisoner
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Hi Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThank you for latest Frontiersman....
—a prisoner
Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBecause of the principle of religious freedom, people in this country can practice any religion of their choice, without restriction, just so long as they don't annoy the Christians.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Page 2  Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 January 2017

Rainy Day Rumination
Written on Monday, October 17, 2016.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSomeone asked me the other day if I am a "Christian" and it left me with inner discord.  I think my beliefs go beyond the pigeonhole of one specific sect.  I attend church to seek enlightenment (for me).  I know they want me to spread the word but I simply don't feel it's right to push my beliefs onto others who don't want them.  I have always despised those people and don't wish to become one.  When others are ready, they will reach out, as I did.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI feel as though my pursuit for Higher Power teachings has made me a better person, probably because I do not limit myself to any single denomination.  Some weeks I attend Catholic Mass, others 7th Day Adventist, once in a while I'll kneel with the Muslims and I've found myself immersed in Buddhist (translated) scripture.  My thinking may seem unorthodox to some but, to me, God is God.  He chooses many different ways to reach all of us.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSometimes I feel as if my soul is being torn away from being able to live a decent and honest life because of past transgressions.  I believe our courage, hope, & spirit can be severely tried by the happenstances in life.  As long as we never lose faith, I think it is impossible to ever truly be alone.  I am not one of those who fears death;  life eventually ends for us all.  I believe every life has value and every memory of life lived, including those once dear to your heart, are souvenirs.  Do the bad recollections or special memories for those deceased help us to be better people?  I say, YES.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am very bothered as of late because, in my heart, I know I am a changed man from the one who was sentenced to 15 years, nearly 10 years ago.  My thinking is different as well as my outlook on life.  I feel matured.  Ninety-five percent of those who know me from yesterday still view me the same as they always have;  they judge based on past actions.  Back then I was a liar, drug addict, and all things associated with that lifestyle so, I "must" still be one (or all) of those today.  Everything I speak or write (this included) will be dissected and ridiculed as those same people try to find the slightest discrepancy.  How long will I be cast in the shadow of that black cloud?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen my release day comes, and it is not so far off, so badly I wish to start my new (rehabilitated) life in a new place where I know no one and, more importantly, they don't know me.  Somewhere else with a clean slate.  I have no fear of judgement, so long as it is based on the person I am, today, not the man I once was, ten or more years ago.  But, California will surely stick me right back into the same city where my crime took place;  into the same haunts, with all the same people of my past.  Are they setting me up for failure?
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAgain, I look to my Higher Power.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageToday happens to be the first rainy day following a central coast summer.  If the yard were open, I'd be there.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGod Bless.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Paper Tigers, Cyber Kittens, Straw Men
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe original high hopes for the various electronic technologies, such as the internet, as remedies for the ills of repressive government were just as ill-founded as were the similar high hopes for the printing press.  The new electronic technologies haven't proven to be any more of a threat to repressive governments than was the printing press.  Neither of those technologies has in any way reduced the power of tyrants.  Au contraire.  The tyrants have merely taken up the new technologies and used them for their own purposes.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe only possible threat to repressive governments is for people to learn how to think for themselves.  Over the centuries, people have shown a deplorable reluctance to do any such thing as that.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Old Timer's Lore
Overheard by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDon't drink downstream from the herd.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Two Blondes and a Brown Cow
As Retold by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere were two blondes who bought a brown cow.  They couldn't afford two cows, so they had to buy just one, and divide the ownership of it between the two of them.  They flipped a coin, heads or tails.  One blonde got the head end of the cow and the other blonde got the tail end of the cow.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageEventually, the blonde who owned the head end of the cow decided that she'd made a bad deal.  She had to keep feeding her end of the cow but the other blonde always got all of the milk.  So she killed her end of the cow, and the other end died.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

January 2017 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMedical licensing doesn't help or protect people who need medical products or services.  Instead, it controls them and limits their options.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun 15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  Betty;  Sir Donald the Elusive;  and James, of Ione, California.
— editor
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Blonde Jokes
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy don't blondes eat M & M's?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThey're too hard to peel.
Q:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHow many blondes does it take to change a light bulb?
A:15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOne.  She just holds the light bulb and the world revolves around her.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Interesting Facts Claims
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn ancient Egypt, priests plucked every hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAn ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageTypewriter is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf Barbie was life-size, then her measurements would be 39-23-33.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAmericans, on average, eat 18 acres of pizza every day.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Questions
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy are wrong numbers never busy?
•15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDoes killing time damage eternity?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvailability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  All past issues are available at http://frontiersman.org.uk/.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use editor@frontiersman.org.uk.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor

Page 4 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 January 2017

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue