Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, November 2018
Walls
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image In the beginning there was a wall, and many people died while trying to cross it.  The number of people who were alive after crossing the wall was far smaller than the number of people who’d lived prior to the crossing.  Those survivors lived among the ruins, as scavengers.  In such situations, certain kinds of behavior tend to promote the survival of the species.  It isn’t necessarily simple but, simply stated, it amounts to having as many kids as possible and taking whatever you want without asking.  Over succeeding generations, people who were more prone to such behavior had more descendants.  Their DNA accumulated in the surviving population.  As the ruins fell into dust, the descendants of the scavengers adapted, and became hunter-gatherers.  Over the generations, the same kinds of people continued to have more descendants.  Their DNA continued to accumulate in the population.
Overpopulation15x5 Page Background GIF Image Eventually, people developed settled communities.  The kind of behavior that had previously promoted the survival of the species had different results in such communities.  In those communities, it promoted overpopulation, hunger, disease, and conflict.  The people in those communities developed technologies that compensated somewhat for their new problems, but that also enabled further population growth.  I might be wrong about this but it seems to me that most or all of the social ills in our entire history have been a result of local or regional overcrowding.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The characteristics of our ancestors are still a part of our DNA.  We’re still behaving as they did.  The result is world-wide overpopulation, hunger, disease, and conflict.  Our technology has allowed us to compensate somewhat, but we’ve reached a level of overpopulation that can’t possibly be sustained without the technology.  The problems caused by the growing population are accumulating in such a way that they’re beginning to interfere with the ability of our technology to function.  We can’t sustain the population without the technology and the technology can’t continue to function with such a large population.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The population curve that I keep showing can be viewed in different ways.  With its nearly vertical slope, it looks a lot like a wall, figuratively speaking.  There are many myths, legends, and theories about our origins but I suggest that, at least most recently, it was a wall.  Now, as our ancestors have done before, maybe many times before, it seems that we’re facing another wall. Gun
Letters to the Editor
Greetings Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I pray this finds you very well in all respects, especially in good health....
15x5 Page Background GIF Image A lot of great info in the FM [September issue].
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The piece about international law is a gem — if only today’s power grabbers would adhere to the wisdom expressed in Bouvier’s 1889.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Your Thoughtcrime piece is spot on.  The fact that Alex Jones was ever going to trial was alarming enough as I saw the slippery slope then barreling down the pike.  But, then the conviction ... if ever there were ever a judicial atrocity justifying whole country protests, this should have been it.  It makes all the past “Stella Awards” jackass winners pale to dust in comparison as to the judicial damage by means of the slippery slope.  Jones may be a slick charlatan in his business/marketing side (that’s my direct experience with him), and he may deserve a huge amount of praise for exposing so much to the masses of the hidden horrors & dangers of government thugs gone criminally mad against everyone who’s not in their camp — but both extremes are irrelevant to the
Arrow

October 2022 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

fact that you spelled out aptly that his trial & conviction affair is a huge crime in itself & opens the door about all the way like never before.  I personally think the attorneys who prosecute such cases (including Stella et seq), & including the judges (=attorneys) who allow them to proceed, deserve their “Ceausescu Moment” in the public square.  But not likely to be seen here, although the days appear to be coming when we’ll see a lot of that for the good people who don’t deserve it.
—F. L., a prisoner

Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Hello, I pray you are well.  As always, your Frontiersman, August ’22 was a good read.  In your article, “The Middle Way”, you state in regards to the “pro lifers” and “pro choice activists”, “The activists on both sides ... want the government to use its powers ... to impose their views on their opponents.”  I disagree.  When Roe v. Wade was around, all it did was make the option of abortion available to all women in every state.  If pro lifers got pregnant, they could choose to have the baby or not.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image With Row v. Wade gone, pro choice women are being forced to carry, in some states, even if it means carrying the rapist’s baby.  Now, pro lifers have a choice still.  Pro choice especially poor ones who can’t afford to travel, don’t have a choice.  So, who’s forcing their views....
15x5 Page Background GIF Image And as for F. L. [name withheld], asking if I’m watching the news in regards to Republicans claiming critical race theory is being taught in schools.  There is a high school in Texas who is banning from their curriculum “Catcher in the Rye” by J. D. Salinger, and “Of Mice and Men” by Steinbeck because their school board is saying the books teach C.R.T.  Bullshit is what it is ....
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Any who, Sam, I’m praying for your A.C. because I know how muggy and humid and hot Georgia summers are.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Be well,
—S. H., a prisoner

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe pro life people want to forcibly control the pro choice people by preventing them from getting abortions.  The pro choice people want to forcibly control the pro life people by preventing them from enforcing their morality.  It doesn’t matter that the behavior in question is different on one side than it is on the other.  What matters is that the people on each side want to use the power of the government to control the people on the other side.  They are all, thereby, increasing the power of the government.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Also, the pro life people do, indeed, lose their choices when abortion is prohibited.  Before such prohibition, a pro life woman could still compromise her beliefs and get an abortion.  After prohibition, she no longer has that option, just like the pro choice woman no longer has that option.  The prohibition controls both of them, whether or not the pro life woman would have refrained from getting an abortion anyway.  They’re both still controlled and the government still gets stronger.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The debate about whether or not Critical Race Theory should be taught in the government schools is a good example of wasting effort on the wrong issue while distracting attention from what’s really important.  The important point is that the students are compelled by the threat of force to attend schools that are government-controlled monopolies.  Instead, parents should have the absolute right to decide which school their kids will attend, or if the kids will attend any school at all.  Anybody should be able to start any kind of school that he wants to start, and teach anything that he wants to teach, with or without the approval of the government.  Then, what is or isn’t taught in a particular school wouldn’t matter.  The parents could choose whichever school suited them, or no school at all.   As I’ve previously noted, when free public education becomes mandatory public education, then education becomes brainwashing.  It’s the same in every police state.
—editor

15x5 Page Background GIF Image Don’t let the bastards get you down.  Source:  Unknown
—J. M., of Victorville, California

15x5 Page Background GIF Image The statement is a translation into English of the mock-Latin phrase “Illegitimati non Carborundum”.  Because of the use of the word Carborundum, an industrial abrasive, a better translation would be “... grind you down”, or “... wear you down”, instead of “... get you down”.   I’d previously believed that the phrase was originated by Admiral Hyman G. Rickover, but Wikipedia claims otherwise.  See the Wikipedia article.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I tend to avoid using the phrase because of the pejorative meaning of the word “bastard”.  I believe that the construed or alleged misdeeds of a child’s parents don’t justify diminishing the legitimacy of the child.  Of course, that’s entirely a restriction on my own usage.  I’m not proposing yet another stupid political correctness restriction on everybody.  People should be free to hold their own opinions, and to use the phrase or not, as they choose.  Maybe we can try to make things better by setting a good example.
—editor

Greetings to you Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF Image ... Thank you for keeping the Frontiersman coming to me I am grateful!  I asked [name withheld] to send you some money at the
Arrow

Page 2 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 October 2022

beginning of 2022.  But she failed to send any because she’s  been out of work.  Basically just doing side jobs to get by.  Times are hard for her right now.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Well must go now, and you are still my respected elder.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Hope you are not too hot during this extra hot summer.  Town of Weeds in the northern part of Cali burned.  120 homes lost & people dead & missing.  You may know this town?
15x5 Page Background GIF Image With respect & truth.
—R. H., a prisoner

Hey Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I just got your newsletter [September issue] at mail call, “thank you” for helping spread the word about the really poor quality of food that they’ve been feeding us here in this Arkansas prison, and hopefully it will help get the attention of the state health dept. and they’ll investigate this problem, and if the ADC can no longer afford to feed us the proper foods, then I think it’s time that they send us all home, don’t you?
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Hey the guy who escaped from prison here last month on 8-12-22 still hasn’t been caught yet, his mom and sister helped him escape, and now all 3 of them are on the run!  We’re all making bets on if they’ll get caught or not.
—a prisoner
Stray Thoughts
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Edmund Burke didn’t consider all of the possibilities.  Another thing that will promote the triumph of evil is for good men to become evangelists.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The place to start trying to solve the problems of the world isn’t in somebody else’s behavior, but in our own.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image One of the great tragedies of war is that people are so easily manipulated into supporting it.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The more that I learn about the Earth and the universe, the less likely it all seems.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The greatest possible virtue in a woman is if she knows how and when to keep her mouth shut.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The idea that time is just another physical dimension is almost as stupid as the idea that the universe began with a big bang.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image People cannot be freed.  You might help them a little, but they must free themselves.  If you have to do it for them, then they’re not ready for freedom.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Me, Po’ Edgar, and The Ravin’
from Ravin’ Evermore, by Sam Aurelius Milam III
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Quoth the Raven, “Stop his ravin’!”
Quoth po’ Edgar, “Nevermore!”
“Don’t you know,” implored the Raven
“That the man is misbehavin’?”
“Don’t you know,” replied po’ Edgar
“That’s what writer’s work is for?”
“No!” objected Mr. Raven!
“Writin’ ain’t for misbehavin’!
It’s for love, and lore, and more!
That’s the thing that writin’s for.”
“You’re a bird brain” said po’  Edgar
“It’s too bad,” continued Edgar
“That I ever wrote, demented,
of a bird so argumented
of an aviary scented
pesky argumentive bore!”
“But you did,” the bird insisted,
“And the pen can’t be resisted!
I might be a little twisted,
But I’m here to stay and more!
Once the moving hand has written
And the pen has deeply bitten
And the mind with words are smitten
No one is the same no more!”

At that point I tired of waiting
For those two to start abating
All the chatter, all the baiting,
So I showed them to the door,
Where po’ Edgar looked about ’im,
Wonderin’ why the bird would doubt ’im,
And the bird just flew away.
I guess that he was kinda sore.
Edgar couldn’t help but mutter
and I guess I wondered what’re
They both hoping to accomplish?
What the hell were they here for?
Now they’re gone, but they inspired me,
Even though they finally tired me,
Just the same, they really wired me.
Think I’ll write a little more.
Guess I’m not so bad.  I might’r
might not be your favorite writer,
But I might be somewhat brighter
It would trigger my igniter,
Dedicate me to my chore,
If I got some little prize’r
Got extolled up to the skys’r
(Hoping that you’re not a miser),
Got some cash like from a geyser.
I’d be grateful evermore.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Bird

October 2022 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF Image Pardon him Theodotus:   he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature.
—Caesar, in Caesar and Cleopatra
by George Bernard Shaw

Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF Image My thanks to the following:  El Dorado Bob;  Betty;  Eric, of Stockton, California;  Sir Donald the Elusive;  and J. M., of Victorville, California.
— editor
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Image http://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Image http://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Image http://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Image http://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Image http://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF Image Gun
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Food Reviews
Forwarded by Marilyn, of Bingham County, Idaho.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups:  alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat.
—Attributed to Alex Levine
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The cardiologist’s diet is “if it tastes good, don’t eat it.”
—Source Unknown

Defense Attorney’s Dilemma
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G. 
15x5 Page Background GIF Image A witness was testifying before the court.  The prosecuting attorney was asking him questions.
Attorney:15x5 Page Background GIF Image You witnessed the robbery?
Witness:15x5 Page Background GIF Image Yes.
Attorney:15x5 Page Background GIF Image What was stolen?
Witness:15x5 Page Background GIF Image Two televisions.
Attorney:15x5 Page Background GIF Image Did you see the thieves?
Attorney:15x5 Page Background GIF Image Could you identify them?
Attorney:15x5 Page Background GIF Image Are the two men who stole the televisions in this courtroom?
15x5 Page Background GIF Image At that point, the two defendants raised their hands.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity_Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Availability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  Funding for this newsletter is from sources over which I don't have any control, so it might become necessary for me to terminate these offers or to cancel one or more subscriptions at any time, without notice.  All past issues are presently available for free download at the internet address shown below.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Cancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Reprint Policy — Permission is hereby given to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Submissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Payment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  You can use editor@frontiersman.org.uk for PayPal payments.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor
Get ahead.  Everybody else has one.

Page 4 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 October 2022
15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue