Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, November 2018
Rise to Power
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image People don’t seem to realize it, but there isn’t any constitutional requirement that the Speaker of the House of Representatives must be a member of the House of Representatives.  So far as I’m aware, they always have been, but it isn’t required.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image On Thursday, January 5, 2023, I was watching the BBC World News America coverage of the fracas in the House of Representatives.  I saw a member of the House of Representatives propose Donald Trump for the job of Speaker.  That isn’t funny.  The Speaker of the House of Representatives is next in line, after the Vice President, in the presidential line of succession.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image If Donald Trump was the Speaker of the House of Representatives, then he wouldn’t need to run for office again.  All that would be necessary would be the convenient demise of the President and the Vice President.  Then, Donald Trump would be the President.  Such a ploy isn’t even a new idea.  I mentioned it in Conspiracy Theory, way back in the October 2003 issue.  It wasn’t even my idea.  I’d heard it somewhere, long before I wrote that article.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image So, what about those “far right” Republicans who held up the election of the new Speaker?  Does that seem a little like the previous effort to prevent the certification of the presidential election?  Never forget that, after Hitler tried and failed to seize control of the German government, in 1923, he was sent to prison.  That didn’t prevent him from eventually rising to power.  I’m not necessarily suggesting that Trump would be another Hitler, only that he might still find a way to rise to power.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Carnet Rising
Sam  Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I pay attention to the TV commercials, not just to what’s being advertised but also to the situation in which it’s being described.  The kinds of characters presenting the product, the activities in which they’re engaged, and even the scenery behind them, can reveal a lot about the condition and direction of society.  Recently, I’ve seen products offered in situations that wouldn’t have been used a few years ago, such as a homosexual wedding ceremony, various mixed race relationships, and other such things.  Whatever changes a commercial might suggest, I speculate about the implications.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I recently saw a CarShield TV commercial in which a smart car trapped the driver inside of the car and refused to release him until he contacted CarShield, via the car’s communication system, and bought a CarShield policy.  The fictional scenario is entirely consistent with the sinister potential of smart cars that I mentioned in Carnet:  Rise of the Machines, in the June 2018 issue.  So, somebody else besides me has noticed that potential.  I don’t know if the CarShield commercial is a subtle warning, a clever advertisement, or part of a brainwashing conspiracy about law enforcement by smart cars.  Whatever the case, I suggest that anybody who isn’t frightened by that commercial should go back to the June 2018 issue, and read Carnet:  Rise of the Machines.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Letters to the Editor
Dear Sam,    [12-8-22]
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Dec. ’22 Frontiersman.  Thank you for your thoughts....
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Another thing, in letters to the editor, a comment from “E. E. a prisoner” caught my eye.  He made the comment that the blind, elder and disabled’s value is greater then the youngsters coming to prison.  Me, I’m in my mid 50’s.  Here’s why us older cats get screwed by CDCR and law changes.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image #1 — the young, say age 18 to 45, represent like 90% of the recidivism rate.  People 50 and older, generally, when we get out, we stay out.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image #2 — C.D.C.R. is always trying to justify its yearly budget, as well as trying to get more.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Currently, California tax payers pay just over $108,000 per year, per inmate, in taxes.  If they don’t spend all of the money they get, their budget gets reduced.  If they spend it all early, they ask for an increase.  Here’s why us older inmates are so important to C.D.C.R., and why they’re reluctant to let us go.  Medical, you ever wonder why they push every K.O.P. drug they can on you?  The more money they spend on the clinic, the quicker they run out of money.  Have you noticed the new trend?  Any one can ask for, and get prescribed Suboxone.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Suboxone is a pharmaceutical opioid.  Its effects are equivalent to heroin, and much harder to kick.
Arrow

February 2023 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

15x5 Page Background GIF Image C.D.C.R. is trying to fill their prisons with, E.O.P., elderly, disabled, S.A.P., transgender, etc... so they can get as much $$$ as possible.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image That’s why “R. H. a prisoner” might have trouble getting out early, not because he got in a few fights, but instead, he’s older and the CDCR can spend more money on him.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image You want to increase your chances of getting out?  Lose weight, eat healthy, get off all medications, don’t participate in S.A.P., Psych programs, or Voc. programs.  When they can’t use you as a waste money disposal, you lose your value to them.  And R. H. keep up the good work.  Avoid write-ups for your future.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Now, finally, about your article “Below the Surface”.  I saw that show too, and that’s why I like your “eye”.  Now that you mention it, what the hell was that pipe doing there?
15x5 Page Background GIF Image And Sam, if you do a search on Google, sink holes have been appearing all around the world.  And I think you’re right.  The elite are going underground, or out to space.  I even saw an advertisement for a company who will build you a biosphere under the ocean, with a personal submarine to come and go to the surface at will.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image What do the plutocrats know that we don’t?
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Sam, be well.
—S. H., a prisoner

Dear Sam,    [12-28-22]
15x5 Page Background GIF Image ... So anyway, your Frontiersman [January 2023] had a few interesting points.  In your “Green Power, Muscle Power”, around your 8th paragraph, you mention global warming.  I hate how our politicians have politicized “global warming”, they don’t understand, that doesn’t mean the whole world will be hot.  A better word is, “climate change”.  Our world is flipping, cold places are melting, deserts are flooding, which means, our farms are gonna fail because of drought, etc.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Your main article, Healthy Skepticism, I’ve always had doubts about our Gov and NASA’s claims of success.  On TV recently, I saw a NASA rep. say, “Finally, we get to explore the moon and stars.”  Huh?  I thought we’ve already been there.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image But, like you, it’s confusing to me to figure out stuff like, how do they figure out speed.  Space is a vacuum, there’s no wind, so how do they test it?  And if everything is on the move, expanding, etc, how are the stars fixed?  Over the eons of time, shouldn’t they change?
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Your proposition that NASA is a lie is possible, as a tax collection ploy.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Who knows?  I wish our governments of the world would release all the truth.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Anyway, have a good one.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Happy Holidays.
—S. H., a prisoner

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe fixed stars are so far away that, for all practical purposes, they don’t move.  It takes centuries for there to be any noticeable change in their apparent positions.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe average temperature of the planetary surface, the atmosphere and the oceans, is increasing.  That shouldn’t come as a surprise.  Way back when I was a youngster, the old-timers were worried about the weather.  I wrote about their concerns in Weather or Not, in the September 2015 issue.   My father warned me about global warming way back in the 1960s, while I was still in high school.  I wrote about that in This is the way the world ends:  Not with a bang but a whimper, in the April 1999 issue.  In that article, I also suggested a completely different ending to the story.  So far, I haven’t seen anybody else make any mention whatsoever of that other possibility.
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
Global Temperature Change
—from Global temperature record, Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_temperature_record

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHaving belatedly noticed the situation, people have now made the mistake of assuming that global warming is actually the problem.  Global warming is only a consequence of the problem.  Global overpopulation is the problem.
Population Curve
—from Overpopulation and the Growth Obsession
http://bluepyramid.org/storey/archives/3026

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe UN recently announced that the world population is now more than 8 billion.
—editor
Arrow

Page 2 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 February 2023

Hi Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF Image You’re not going to believe what is going on here in the max.  You see it began last week on 12-1-22, whenever the Mennonite Church organization “Christmas Behind Bars” came all the way here from Indiana to deliver all of us prisoners a big sack of assorted snack food items worth about $50 each, but the security officers would only allow the church people to pass out the sacks to the prisoners in general population, and the security officers by themselves were supposed to pass out the other 430 sacks to the 430 prisoners in the max, but then the security guards went and opened up all of the sacks and they removed all of the bags of “Fruity Pebbles” cereal, because they had resealable bags.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image But then it got worse, since all of the church people had already left the prison, the guards all decided to rob us of everything.  In fact, they divided up the 340 [sic] sacks of food among themselves, and none of us prisoners in the max got anything for Christmas.  The guards piled it all into the vehicles and hauled it home.  But then it got much worse whenever we all started yelling and complaining, the warden himself entered our barracks in the max and he had the nerve to tell us that his security guards have been working a lot of extra overtime this past year and he felt they deserved to get all of that free food more than we did.  And we asked him, then why did all of the other prisoners in population get theirs?  And he wouldn’t answer us.  Well Sam, as you can imagine, we all got pissed off and we all began throwing cups filled with our piss and shit at the officers and books and dirty food trays and flooding out the entire max with our dirty sewer toilet water etc....
15x5 Page Background GIF Image But Sam, we desperately need your help out there to print this story and help spread the word about how these dirty security officers robbed all of us prisoners of our Christmas from the church.  Those church people spent a lot of time collecting that food so that we poor prisoners would have something for Christmas and these damned security guards robbed us of everything.  Anyway, Sam, the rioting here in the max continues.
—H. L., a prisoner

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHe provided some contact information.  I’ll forward the information to anybody who wants to pursue the issue.
—editor

Cyberdisconnect
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I’ve watched discussions, documentaries, reports, and interviews ad nauseam, about cybersecurity for factories and other infrastructure.  Too many people are spending too much time and expense on cybersecurity.  It’s simple.  Just install some old fashioned gauges, switches, meters, and dials, and turn off the computers.  Use people to control things manually.  It’ll provide jobs for the people and nobody can hack your operation if you’re controlling it manually.  Get a bolt cutter and cut the computer cable that leads into the building.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Okay, maybe cutting the cable is a little drastic, but writing it made me feel better.  So, keep your computerized controls, if you really need them.  Just disconnect them from the internet.  Nobody can hack into your operation if it isn’t connected to the outside world.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Prison Jokes
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I’ve occasionally commented that, because I’m undocumented, I don’t have access to medical treatment.  In Prescribing Choice, in the February 2020 issue, I wrote about an attempt that I’d previously made to get such treatment.  With the help of a registered nurse that I know, who’d previously worked in the medical establishment, and to my surprise, I’d been able to get an appointment at a clinic.  I had to pay cash in advance, using a large fraction of my available cash, but the clinic accepted me without government ID.  The doctor gave me a superficial exam, didn’t provide a diagnosis, and prescribed a CT scan at a different clinic.  She didn’t know or care if the other clinic would require ID.  She didn’t know or care what the scan would cost.  It turned out that the cost was going to be several times more than my available cash.  I didn’t visit the next clinic and I didn’t get the CT scan.  I just went home and mostly recovered from my ailment.  I still don’t have access to medical treatment.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image I’m 76 years old.  My health isn’t improving with age.  Recently, I was discussing the situation with the same nurse who helped me to get the appointment, mentioned above.  Then, I thought of the various comments that I’ve received from prisoners about the medical treatment that they receive in prison.  I recalled a joke that we used to make, back in the 1980s, when I was studying with the Constitutional Patriots.  We used to laugh about retirement at the Graybar Hotel.  That led me to the funny idea of the Graybar Clinic.  With that in mind, I commented to the nurse that maybe I should try to rob a bank, get arrested, and go to prison.  Then, I could get medical treatment in prison.  She thought that it was a cute joke, but she made a better one.  She said that the cops would probably refuse to arrest me because I don’t have a driver’s license.  Rats!10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

February 2023 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF Image Yet men have come to such a pass that they frequently starve, not for want of necessaries, but for want of luxuries;  and I know a good woman who thinks that her son lost his life because he took to drinking water only.
—Henry David Thoreau

Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF Image My thanks to the following:  El Dorado Bob;  Betty;  Eric, of Stockton, California;  and Sir Donald the Elusive.
— editor
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Image http://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Image http://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Image http://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Image http://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Image http://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF Image Gun
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
Actual Written School Excuses
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Please excuse Dianne for being absent yesterday.  She was in bed with gramps.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Please excuse Joyce from P.E. for a few days.  Yesterday she fell out of a tree and misplaced her hip. 10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

A Great Light and a Mighty Voice
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image An explorer in the deepest, darkest jungle suddenly found himself surrounded by a group of bloodthirsty natives.  Upon considering his situation, he said to himself, “Now I’m really screwed.”
15x5 Page Background GIF Image There was a great ray of light from above, and a mighty voice boomed out, “No, you are NOT screwed!  Pick up that stone in front of you and bash the head of the chief!”
15x5 Page Background GIF Image So the explorer picked up the stone and bashed the head of the chief.  He was breathing heavily while standing above the lifeless body.  Surrounding him was the entire group of native warriors, with looks of shock on their faces.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image The mighty voice boomed out again, “Okay, NOW you’re really screwed!”10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Availability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  Funding for this newsletter is from sources over which I don't have any control, so it might become necessary for me to terminate these offers or to cancel one or more subscriptions at any time, without notice.  All past issues are presently available for free download at the internet address shown below.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Cancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Reprint Policy — Permission is hereby given to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Submissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF Image Payment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  You can use editor@frontiersman.org.uk for PayPal payments.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor
There’s no time like the present for putting something off another day.

Page 4 Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 February 2023
15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue