15x15 White Space GIF Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
Notice:
This issue of the Frontiersman contains contact information that is out-of-date.  For current contact information, click here.
Eagle 3

Frontiersman, June 2012
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
An Excerpt From Computer surveillance
from Surveillance, by Wikipedia
Downloaded Friday, February 3, 2012
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe vast majority of computer surveillance involves the monitoring of data and traffic on the Internet....  In the United States for example, under the Communications Assistance For Law Enforcement Act, all phone calls and broadband Internet traffic (emails, web traffic, instant messaging, etc.) are required to be available for unimpeded real-time monitoring by Federal law enforcement agencies....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThere is far too much data on the Internet for human investigators to manually search through all of it.  So automated Internet surveillance computers sift through the vast amount of intercepted Internet traffic and identify and report to human investigators traffic considered interesting by using certain "trigger" words or phrases, visiting certain types of web sites, or communicating via email or chat with suspicious individuals or groups....  Billions of dollars per year are spent, by agencies such as the Information Awareness Office, NSA, and the FBI, to develop, purchase, implement, and operate systems such as Carnivore, NarusInsight, and ECHELON to intercept and analyze all of this data, and extract only the information which is useful to law enforcement and intelligence agencies....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageComputers are also a surveillance target because of the personal data stored on them.  If someone is able to install software (either physically or remotely), such as the FBI's Magic Lantern and CIPAV, on a computer system, they can easily gain unauthorized access to this data....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnother form of computer surveillance, known as TEMPEST, involves reading electromagnetic emanations from computing devices in order to extract data from them at distances of hundreds of meters....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe NSA also runs a database known as "Pinwale", which stores and indexes large numbers of emails of both American citizens and foreigners....10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Vanishing Access
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSince late April, my access to four of my websites has failed.  I'm writing this in late May.  That averages about one website per week.  Access to the websites has failed in pairs.  These are the pairs of websites to which access has failed:  1.  The Frontiersman Website and the source documents website;  2.  the Anarchist Cookbook website and Free Lazor.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHere are some facts.  Access has failed simultaneously to websites that are on different hosting services, so it isn't a hosting service problem.   The loss of access has occurred simultaneously for every computer at my internet connection, so it isn't a computer problem.  Inaccessible websites are accessible to computers at other internet connections, so there isn't anything wrong with the websites.  All of the computers at my internet connection can access other websites, so there isn't anything wrong with my internet connection.  With an address anonymizer, I can access the websites, so access has failed from my IP address.  The technicians at my ISP and at the hosting services insist that they're not blocking my access to the websites.  If they're to be believed, then what's left?  In the Sherlock Holmes mysteries, he noted that when the impossible has been eliminated, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.  People can form their own opinions but it appears to me that somebody is intentionally blocking my access to my websites.  Who's the most likely culprit?  It's probably somebody who doesn't like my opinions.  I don't know who's doing it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe only remedy that I've discovered is to upload a website to a new location.  Then, I can access it again.  Of course, I have to change links from the old address to the new one.  I can't maintain the website at the old location and other people won't know the address at the new location.  Also, finding a new hosting service is tedious.  I'm open to suggestions.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
For PayPal payments, use Frontiersman@manlymail.net.
June 2012 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 1

Alien Invasion from Outer Space
Fiction by Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy name is Hal.  I don't like bugs at all.  Not even a little bit.  So, I have a lot of bug spray around the house.  Wherever I am, I can always get to a can of bug spray real quick.  It's a darned good thing, too.  I'll tell you why.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOne day not long ago, I was messing around in my kitchen, making a grilled cheese sandwich.  They're better if you put mayonnaise in them but I'm too lazy to do that so I just use margarine and cheese.  Anyway, I was just spreading the margarine when I looked out the kitchen window and saw something go drifting down into the back yard.
Flying Saucer15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI walked over to the back door and looked out.  There was a flying saucer sitting on the grass.  It was your typical, garden-variety, classic, vintage flying saucer, just like people have been seeing for all of the previous century and probably long before that.  I found a picture of one a lot like it on the internet.  Here it is.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFirst, it was grey.  After about a minute, it turned green, just like the grass.  I didn't know what was going to happen next.  Heck, maybe they were here to cure cancer for us or something, so I waited and watched.  After a minute or two, a big crack formed around a big square place on the side and a piece of the side started to fold out.  I could see that it was going to be a ramp.  Once it was all the way down, something started to walk out and I thought forget it, cancer cure or no cancer cure, I ain't putting up with this.  The thing had a big head with mandibles, a thorax, an abdomen, three pairs of legs, and two pairs of wings.  It was easy to recognize, your average, ordinary insect, except that it stood about four feet tall at the shoulders, except that they weren't really shoulders.  No way, I thought, we'll find our own cure for cancer.  I reached behind me and grabbed a couple of cans of bug spray from the kitchen counter and slammed out the screen door like a demon.  I ran across the yard yelling as loud as I could yell.  The thing saw me coming and started to raise one of its legs.  I could see that it was holding something that looked a lot like some kind of a gun but before it could aim the thing at me I was drenching it in two big, beautiful clouds of bug spray, Black Flag on one side and Raid on the other.  The thing dropped its gun on the ramp, quivered, shivered, shook, and quaked.  Then it's knees, so to speak, buckled and it collapsed onto the ramp with a very satisfying thump.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageJust then, the ramp started to go back up.  I yelled No Way José and ran back to the house as hard as I could, grabbed a couple of bug bombs from the cabinet, and ran back to the flying saucer.  They were trying to close the ramp but the dead bug was wedged in the way, legs, wings, and mandibles all sticking out past the edge.  There were some other bugs inside, yanking and tugging on the dead one, trying to get it out of the way so they could close the ramp.  My bug bombs were fizzing nicely by the time I got to the flying saucer and I just dropped them through the gap at the top of the ramp, just before the thing thumped shut.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageJust then, a flight of jet fighters went by overhead.  I'm not much at identifying military planes but I tried to find them on the internet later.  From the double tails, maybe they were Hornets.  Ironic name, considering.  They flew around the area for a while, crisscrossing back and forth.  Maybe they were looking for flying saucers.  I don't know.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAnyway, that was about six months ago.  Since then, the flying saucer hasn't moved.  Nothing else has tried to come out of it.  After about a month, it changed from green back to grey again so maybe its battery ran down.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy neighbor Jack noticed the flying saucer in my back yard right away and wanted to know what the hell the damn thing was.  I told him it was a lawn ornament that I got cheap on sale.  He wanted to know how the hell I got the damn thing into the yard.  Jack has a certain way of saying things.  I told him I didn't know how they got it in the yard because I wasn't at home when they delivered it.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageEventually, I built some stairs to the roof and carried my lawn chairs up there.  Sometimes, me and Jack sit up there in the evening and have a couple of beers.  Mostly, I sit up there at night, when it's clear.  I gaze at the stars and wonder which of them has bugs living around it.  I wonder if any more of them are planning to come here.  If they do, no problem.  I'm ready for them.  I went out and bought a lot of bug spray, lots and lots and lots of bug spray, all kinds.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Please use the enclosed envelope to send a contribution.  I prefer cash.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.
Page 2 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  June 2012

Letters to the Editor
Learning Sovereignty response
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI was listening to TTC "Vikings" & at one point before gov't every man was sovereign.  There were no prisons for crime but a payment system that was all worked out.  If fought with a person and you chopped one of the fingers off then the price paid was different as to which finger it was.  This system worked better than the blood feuds of revenge that can go on for generations.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhen settled in Greenland to get away from a new king - again it was a system worked out amongst the individuals.  Too bad that this is no longer true.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI am debating on online about SCOTUS state V fed rights. - It's just becoming more and more centralized into one huge tarball of domination from a few to regulate everyone else because the President & Congress sign laws that they exempt themselves from.
—Ptosis
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
You might be interested in my article Tough on Crime, in the September 2003 issue.
—editor
Sam
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageRe:  "Learning Sovereignty" and your quote within that read:
15x5 Page Background GIF Image"the US government is in control of access to most non-trivial medical treatment in the US."
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThis is an excellent and true observation that most people don't see.  Obama health care is only going to make things worse.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf you have a serious affliction, you might explain your conscientious objection to a sympathetic medical doctor.  I don't think it would be breaking govt regulations for him to treat you as a charity case, even though you don't have govt ID.  Have you rescinded your state birth certificate or do you still have one?  It might be useful in getting medical treatment without a drivers license....
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHave you ever investigated Chinese Qigong?  It is a series of energy healing exercises that has a long history of success in Asia.  I could lend you a book on it or you can find much info on the internet.  Some of it may seem very mystical but there is a solid core of medical evidence beneath it.
—Carl;  Gramling, South Carolina
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn February of 1998, a medical doctor became a subscriber to this newsletter.  In December of 2001, I sent to him a letter in which I asked him if he would be willing to discuss with me how it might be possible to arrange for undocumented people to receive medical treatment.  He didn't reply to the letter.  Some time later, he terminated his subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn September of 2005, I stepped on a nail and went in search of a Tetanus shot.  I discovered that, even though I offered to pay cash, the commercial clinics in Show Low, Arizona, refused to give me the shot unless I also provided a Social Security number.  I eventually got the shot at the county health clinic.  Believe it or not, they didn't require any ID at all.  Amazing.  See my article A Few Good People, in the October 2005 issue.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIn April of 2009, I went to the  Good News Clinics, in Gainesville, Georgia to see about getting a filling in a tooth.  The lady at the front desk insisted that they wouldn't provide any service at all unless I provided government ID.  See my article Good News, Bad News, in the July 2009 issue.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf, or when, I acquire some serious malady, then I might be able to get help from a sympathetic doctor.  My experience, such as it is, suggests otherwise, but I can hope.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI have not rescinded my government birth certificate.  I don't know how to do that.  I am not familiar with Chinese Qigong.  For now, at least, I don't have either the time or the resources to change either of those two situations.  Maybe later.  Thank you for the suggestion.
—editor
A White Man's Notes
Sam Aurelius Milam III
10x5 Page Background GIF ImagePeople sometimes try to criticize me by claiming that some of the statements that I've made in this newsletter are "anti-woman".  Truth matters.  That is, if such a statement that I make is true, then declaring it to be "anti-woman" isn't a criticism of the statement.  It's a criticism of the women.
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageEvery effect follows from a cause.  If a woman is attractive, then she might attract a man.  If a woman is provocative, then she might provoke a man.  If she does it intentionally, then who's fault is it?  Sometimes, a woman must reasonably be expected to share some of the responsibility for the consequences of her own behavior.
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageLove isn't necessary for procreation.  For that purpose, lust will suffice.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageMale Symbol
June 2012 Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507      Page 3

Frontiersman 
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507 

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageExperience would be a better teacher if people would be better students.
—Friday, February 6, 1981
Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:  SantaClara Bob;  Lady Jan the Voluptuous;  my mother;  Dewey and Betty;  Carl, of Gramling, South Carolina;  and Larry, of Corcoran, California.
— editor
From the Philosophy of George Carlin
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Lady Jan the Voluptuous.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?
What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Does the Little Mermaid wear an algebra?
Under water, she doesn't need a bra at all.  It's the censors at work again. —editor
Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
One nice thing about egotists:  they don't talk about other people.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol
Questions
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by David, of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
If the universe is everything, and scientists say that the universe is expanding, then into what is it expanding?
If you got into a taxi and the driver started driving backward, then would the taxi driver end up owing you money?
What would chairs look like if people's knees bent the other way?
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, then do the other trees make fun of it?
Why is a carrot more orange than an orange?
The light went out, but where did it go?
If vegetarians eat vegetables, then what do humanitarians eat?
Why do scientists call it research when they're looking for something new?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubscriptions and Past Issues — Printed copies of this newsletter, either subscriptions or past issues, are available by application only.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving this newsletter, then return it unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby granted to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must go to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I solicit letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  For PayPal payments, use Frontiersman@manlymail.net.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor
Page 4  Frontiersman, c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507  June 2012

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue